DIARY OF A MUTANT written by Yvette (Forward emails to Yvette through Tigrr Wildcat)


Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this story, is property of Marvel Comics. Any other reference to anything copyrighted is a chance happening, and I am not making any money off of this story.

Diary of A Mutant

=================================

January 1, 1999

My mom always urged me to keep a diary, but I never thought I had something interesting for in it. Now I do. I think I'm a mutant. It just something easily hidden. I see things that no one else sees. You'd be surprised at what is out there. My life could be nice. Some people would like to know if those who passed on are watching them, and maybe they are. I'd like to tell more, but mom says there are people who would be afraid of me, and others who would try to kill me. I think right now I'll keep it under my hat, so to speak.

Yvette

January 8, 1999

Things started to change this past week. My ears started to become more pointed, and my skin took on a yellowish hue. My mother thinks it might have something to do with my mutation, but I hope not. My mother told me that dad is part of a group called `Friends Of Humanity.' They hate mutants, but I don't know why. It makes no sense to me. I can't understand this hatred. Long ago, my dad said hate groups were bad, but now I don't know if i can believe him. At least I have my catch all escape. I love watching Pokemon. The Pikachu is so cute. I wish at times I could be a Pikachu. They live a simple life.

Yvette

January 15, 1999

Something odd is happening, I've started to shrink. I don't understand it. I was 2 inches smaller this morning than i was a few days ago. This mutation thing is weird. My mom moved me out of the house and into an apartment near our house. My mom is going to great lengths to hide me from my father. I looked in the mirror after my shower and notice something else. I was growing a tail. And the yellow hue was fur. What was I becoming? Maybe I need to find some way to forget about this. Maybe I'll try this game my mother got for me. It looks like a fun game. "Quest For Glory." Hmmm. It's five games. Party time.

Yvette

January 22. 1999

I ruined my computer. What have I done. I was trying to get through QFG 4 and something happened. Electricity jumped between me and the computer. When it happened, I ran away, a little scared. I got up on the stool I put at the bathroom sink. I had shrunk even more since I last wrote. I looked in the mirror and saw two bright red spots on my cheeks, and my ears had gotten more pointed. I think I'm transforming into a Pikachu. I never heard of a mutant being a Pikachu.

Yvette

January 29, 1999

My mother can't believe it. Her little girl has turned into a little Pikachu. I can still talk normal, but occasionally my talk turns into Pikachuish. I have developed a love for apples. They taste so good, but then Pikachu on the show always ate apples. The only problem with being a Pikachu is that none of my cloths fit. They'd swim on me now. That sight I spoke about four weeks ago has gotten keener. I can make out things. I saw my late aunt watching over me. She said that this was God's plan. I hope the big man upstairs knows what he's doing right now.

Yvette

February 5, 1999

It was scary. I saw something watching were I am hiding. No one noticed it, but I did. It was watching my room. Waiting for me to leave most likely. I can only say that it was ugly. I hope I don't get a closer look at it. Also, my mother told me that she was contacted by a teacher in Mass. She said that they could take care of me. That sounded so soon, that I made a happy sound. This past week, I had lost my normal voice.

Yvette

February 12, 1999

It was a frightful day. My mother came to tell me that dad had found out about me. I was scared of two things now. Every day, that ugly is watching my window, and now I think the `Friends of Humanity' are going to try and kill me. My mother said that he saw the letter head from the school, but my mom had covered the pictures just in case. My mom told me that I'd be expected at the beginning of March. I hoped I could survive that long.

Yvette

February 19, 1999

Disaster. The Friends Of Humanity stormed my home. If I would have been any larger, I would have been caught. I jumped out a window and down the fire escape, but where could I go. I decided to leave a note for mom, informing her I was hi tailing it for Mass. Maybe I'll be safe there. As I ran for home, I saw the thing again. It was a monster. It reached for me, and I saw mouths on it's hands. In defense, I shocked it. I'm going to have to learn that. I then ran for home, and then to Mass.

Yvette

February 26, 1999

My journey is half over. It is taking time, but I know I can do it. I have to swipe food to make the journey, but when some people see me, they do a double take. Maybe this form has advantages. The only problem is all the kids. They all want to hug me when they see me. My diary is my only possession I have with me anymore. It makes a great place to lay my head to sleep at night. In a few days, I'll reach the school.

Yvette

March 5, 1999

I've reached the school, and it looks like the teachers are there to greet me. The one in white said her name was Emma Frost. I like her. The man, who sounded Irish, said his name was Sean. He seemed nice. The other lady, a redhead I believe, said her name was Adrienne. I didn't trust her. They said they would introduce me to the rest of my class mates. It didn't look like a special school, but then looks can be deceiving. Look at me.

Yvette

March 12, 1999

I have met the others of the group. There is an Asian girl, named Jubilee. There is a southern girl, her name is Paige. I think she's leery of me. She gave me one hug when she saw me, and let me say this, I was sick of hugs. There is also an African girl here, named Monet. She seems a bit uptight to me. Some of the guys are nice too. There is Angelo. He looks like he's a human bungee cord. There is Everett, with that glowing aura. I think he likes Jubilee, but she and Monet seem to both like him. Also, there is Jono. I wish I could describe him, but every time I look at him, he has this bright light in front of him. This looks good for a new home.

Yvette

March 19, 1999

I have spent most of my day playing in the shadows. I can't be mixed in with the rest of the school, although one day, Jubilee almost got away with taking me to classes. She hid me in her backpack and carried me from class to class that way. We almost got away with it until I sneeze. Someone peeked into the pack, and I froze. They thought I was a stuffed animal, but Ms. Emma Frost knew it was me. We got a real riot act read to us. Then Monet came up with an idea. She said she'd start it this coming week.

Yvette

March 26, 1999

I'm thinking differently about Monet now. She introduced me to her `sisters', but it looked more like a sister to me. She's a nice girl, named Penance, and she has sharp skin. She likes having me as company, and she can handle things easily. I've also noticed this, but maybe it's because of my ears. She talks very, very softly. So soft the human ear can't hear. I must try and learn to speak English, so I can communicate with her.

Yvette

April 2, 1999

This past week has been very eventful. I spent part of it roaming the air vent's in the school. I was planning something this whole week. I taped something off TV and carried it into the vents with me. Yesterday, I played the tape, and watched as everyone looked around for the source of the noise. One kid actually said, "Where is the Jigglypuff?" I looked into one room and saw everyone looking for it. Then I noticed who was in the room. It was Emma. She hadn't looked in my direction, but I ran back to the tape and shut it off. Toward the end of the day, however, I saw the creature again. It was approaching the door to the basement where Penance and I dwelled. I heard some of the other Gen X kids in a nearby hall, so I set out a little shock. The monster looked at me, and then heard the kids coming. It ran away. It wasn't counting on getting caught. I ducked into the door, and down to Penance. I was then followed by the Gen X kids. Monet mentioned an Emplate creature, but I didn't know how to answer that question. Maybe soon I can answer it, Emma and Adrienne is working to brink back my human speech, but again, I don't trust her.

Yvette

April 9, 1999

All of Gen X took me to the Mutant Training rooms, which are kept hidden from the main campus. In there, the told me I would see pictures of what they were up against. This included this Emplate thing. When I saw, I ran in fear. It was the monster. I learned, when they caught up with me, that it had magic, and it was a mutant vampire. I read about vampires before all this. I also got to meet Artie and Leech. I like them. They like me as well. The are very careful not to hug me.

Yvette

April 16, 1999

Interesting events are afoot. A strange man appeared on the campus a few days ago. I watched from the vents as I saw the talk between him and Adrienne. I still don't trust her. I saw that Jubilee was there as well. I didn't catch all that was said, but I know that this evening, Jubilee and the others left with that man. Only Monet remains, but that is because she is spending time with Penance this weekend. I think I'll just sit around here as well.

Yvette

April 23, 1999

Things have gotten weirder lately. Recently, Adrienne, or as I like to think of her, the evil one, has been talking with someone over the phones. I had discovered this while on one of my journeys through the vents. I don’t know who it is, but his name is Sandy something. It is all too wierd. In other news, I am finally able to communicate again, well a little. I mean right now all I can say is a few words, but more will come.

Yvette

April 30, 1999

I’m a little worried. Recently, all the students are stuck in the ‘Danger Room’. I have heard from Sean that Emma had a group of students before us, but I know nothing more. Although, I think that they think they are the students. It’s scary, because we all know what happened to them. I wish I could help, but the thing is, I don’t know who started everything. I’m in the dark about it.

Yvette

May 7, 1999

The kids seem a little shook up over that incident in the ‘Danger Room’, but they are getting over it. Jubilee and Everett came down and started playing Clue with Penny and I. Since I can talk a little, I can play the game. They are amazed at how I can talk for Penny. Everett also told me something eerie. My transformation into the form of a Pikachu wasn’t due to me being a mutant. I now wonder why I’m a Pikachu.

Yvette

May 14, 1999

I have spent the past week talking with Penny. I’ve learned alot about her. One, she’s not one person, nor two, but three. There is Claudette, and she’s a chatterbox. When she’s in control, she is talking about how something will work out. Then there is Nicole, hyper, but a little quiet. She worries about all three of her siblings, which I also found out that one was the Emplate creature. Lastly, there is Yvette, fancy that huh. Yvette has told me so much about Emplate. He has magic, and that he literally destroyed Monet and put her soul in Yvette’s body. That is weird. She also said that Emplate is vengeful, and won’t stop until he gets her back. She said that she’s special in some way, but I don’t know what way she is special.

Yvette

May 21, 1999

There is a crisis here the past week. One boy was quarrantined. Sean found out the kid was a mutant shortly after he sneezed. I watched from the vent to the med lab. I heard him mention the word legacy, but I didn’t understand at the time. Later, we all had met down in Penny’s room as he told us. The boy had the Legacy Virus. I was worried. We were all mutants, and we could all be carriers. That night I shook in fear in my little bed. Yvette said to me that she didn’t have to worry. I looked at her and I think I understand what she’s been saying.

Yvette

May 28, 1999

I heard Adrienne Frost talking to the Sandy fellow, but I didn’t like what I heard. He seemed nasty. She has been doing this in secret from everyone else, but I tell Penny what I hear. It was starting to quiet down at the school, since classes are soon over. That means Penny and I can roam around. As I was heading down the vents which lead to our room, I heard a voice underneath. It was very raspy and scary. I looked down through a grate and saw it, the Emplate. I froze. It was looking at me. It just said, "I thought I had you out of the way, I guess I have to take you as well." It started to reach up. I let sparks fly as I ran down the vent. I was scared, what did it mean. I made it to the room and told Penny. We held the door shut until we knew it was safe. This is getting too scary.

Yvette

June 4, 1999

Everyone has been trying to comfort me. Ever since that incident with the monster, I have been edgy. I fell out of a vent the other day, and one of the the kids gasped. I shot out electricity in shock. Emma made the kid think it was a faulty wire, but I’m so ashamed. I still wondered what the creature meant and I slowly realized something. Everett said my form wasn’t natural, and Penny said Emplate had magic. Emplate cast some spell to transform me into something non-threatening to him, except, he goofed. Wonder if he had anything to do with other things cute, like Barney, and Blue, and those 4 thingies on PBS? Oh well, I have to find out what he did to me. This is going to drive me bonkers.

Yvette

June 11, 1999

I came down with a cold yesterday. I've been causing problems with my sneezes. It’s hard to not electricute anyone when sneezing. I’m thankful that the only people here now are Generation X. I can now roam around. Wish I could have attended classes. Maybe next semester. Gonna get some rest now.

Yvette

June 18, 1999

Life is like a box of chocolates, you open it up just to find that someone has taken a bite out of everyone except the dang coconut one that everyone hates. Well, I just ate the coconut one. They had this Dr. McCoy come in to examine me. My cold isn’t a cold. It’s Legacy. They don’t know how long I have now. I just stay curled up in my room. I don’t want company, not even Penny. I started thinking about hunting down that Emplate, and giving him Legacy, but he might infect thosands before he dies. Life isn’t fair.

Yvette

June 25, 1999

It was nasty this past week. Penny decided to pick a fight with me. She knew I was dangerous, but she acted like it didn’t matter. She just fought with me, and soon, we were both on the floor bleeding on each other. I have no doubt that we both got infected. Now we're both in the infirmary. That doctor is coming again, and I don’t know what he’s going to say. I can tell you this, there are now two infected mutants at the school, and it’s all Penny’s fault.

Yvette

July 2, 1999

The agony continues on. I still have Legacy, no surprise since there is no cure. And Penny’s still been kept in here. I don’t face her. She was stupid to do what she did. She keeps insisting that it was for the best. She says she wants to help me get better. What she doesn’t understand is that Legacy doesn’t go away. It kills. I wish that Emplate creature would come and kill us both. That Dr. McCoy has been staying around, trying to figure out something. He keeps taking my blood, and even Penny’s. I don’t understand it, but I wish it would end soon..

Yvette


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page