WARRIOR'S GATE
written by Icehole

(Front cover. We see the Generation X ladies, Kymeara, Turbo, and Timeslip standing over a fallen Speedball.)

Timeslip: Robbie, are you all right?

Speedball: I think I’ve died and gone to heaven.

(Inside front cover. We see the usual blurbs for the Generation X people. Next to that, we see the following blurbs:)
Kymeara: The clone of Namor’s sister, Namorita Prientess is a human/Atlantian hybrid that shares many of the same superhuman powers as the Sub-mariner. She currently leads the New Warriors.
Speedball: An accident involving bombardment with energy from the kinetic energy dimension transformed Robbie Baldwin into a bouncing bundle of energy! One thing it didn’t help, however, was his excessive libido.
Turbo: Possessing a costume which allows her to fly and project rapid winds, Micky Muashi is often the backbone of the New Warriors now that Firestar and Justice have left.
Powerhouse: The eldest of the Power children, Alex Power has borrowed the superhuman powers of his siblings, who were formerly known as Power Pack. He can fly, change his density, and fire energy balls from his chest.
Timeslip: Asian Indian Rina Patel possesses the ability to speed up and slow down time around her, and often will go back and forth in time for short periods.
Rage: Exposure to radioactive wastes endowed Elvin Haliday with superhuman strength and a high degree of resistance to injury. Unlike other members of the New Warriors, he is from the inner city and often angry at the world.

(Page 1, Splash page. Leave room for credits here. Boston Museum of art. We see the members of the New Warriors dressed in fashionable clothing. Kymera has Caucasian makeup on her face.)

Cap (N1): The Boston Museum of Art.
Cap (N2): And here today is a special exhibit on ancient Asian Indian art.
Cap (N3): An exhibit that the New Warriors have been asked to protect.
Cap (N4): For someone is supposed to be out for some of the objects in the exhibit.
Cap (N5): The person in charge is known as Reza Patel.
Cap (N6): He is the uncle of Rina Patel.
Kymeara: Just remember, there are objects here that people wouldn’t mind getting their hands on.

(Page 2, panel 1. The rest of the New Warriors face Kymeara.)

Speedball: You can count on us, boss lady.
Kymeara: Just try to stay out of trouble.

(Panel 2. The Warriors break up, then head into the exhibit.)

Speedball: I can see why someone would want the gold jewelry, but why some of the old stone statues?
Timeslip: Because they are worth millions on the black market.

(Panel 3. Kymeara faces the other warriors.)

Kymeara: Relax, everyone.

(Panel 4. The New Warriors take their positions at various places along the exhibit.)

Cap (N1): They were prepared for almost anything.
Cap (N2): Almost.

(Page 3, panel 1. We see Speedball eyeing Timeslip.)

Cap (Speedball[Sd]1): If only things were so easy.
Cap (Sd2): It’s only been recently that I’ve convinced Rina to date me.
Cap (Sd3): Since then, our relationship has been nothing like Ward and June Cleaver.
Cap (Sd4): I guess that’s why we’re us, and not them.

(Panel 2. Go over to see Rage against a wall, looking over some Hindu statues.)

Cap (R1): The team’s counting on me.
Cap (R2): Can’t let them down.

(Panel 3. Go over to see the members of Generation X wearing fashionable clothing. The White Queen leads the team to the exhibit. Penance wears Caucasian makeup.)

Queen: Come on, gang. It’s going to be fun. Get in touch with the past, and learn from what people did.
Jubilee: Like, this is a total snooze alert.

(Panel 4. They approach the ticket counter.)

Queen: Trust me on this one.

(Panel 5. The White Queen faces the ticket seller.)

Queen: Nine, please.

(Page 4, panel 1. Go over to see Kymeara talking into a small communicator strapped to her wrist.)

Kymeara: Everyone, report.

(Panel 2. Go over to see Turbo talking into the same device on her wrist.)

Turbo: Turbo here. All is quiet.

(Panel 3. Go over to see Rage looking over some people watching the exhibit. He talks into the device.)

Rage: Rage here. Quiet here too.

(Panel 4. Go over to see Timeslip standing near the exit of the place. She talks into the device.)

Timeslip: Timeslip here. Let’s hope it stays quiet as it is now.

(Panel 5. Powerhouse stands next to a little girl. and her father. He too talks into the same device.)

Powerhouse: This is Powerhouse. I’m just reuniting a lost girl with her father. Otherwise, it’s been very quiet.

(Panel 6. Go back to Kymeara. We see her talk some more into the device.)

Kymeara: Speedball, report.

(Panel 7. Kymeara gets concerned.)

Kymeara: Speedball, report!

(Page 5, panel 1. Kymeara is worried now.)

Kymeara: Timeslip, you’re closest to Speedball. See what’s going on with him.

(Panel 2. Go back to Timeslip, who looks around.)

Timeslip: Right, Kymeara.

(Panel 3. Timeslip goes around a corner to see Speedball eyeing a buxom blonde woman. There are hearts around him.)

Timeslip (Coldly): Robert Baldwin, I’d like a word with you.

(Panel 4. Timeslip approaches Speedball, and confronts him.)

Timeslip: Robbie, I leave you alone for one minute and what do you do? You go and leer at other women!!

(Panel 5. Speedball snaps out of his spell.)

Speedball: Huh? Oh, Hi Rina.
Timeslip: Don’t you hi Rina me. I saw you leering at her.

(Panel 6. Speedball is worried now.)

Speedball: Well, I, um.... er,. uh....
Timeslip: Why did I get involved with you? Ever since we first met, you’ve been a gigantic gushing well of testosterone when it comes to women.
Speedball: Er, I.... um...

(Page 6, panel 1. Timeslip walks away.)

Timeslip: Well, report in to Kymeara. She hasn’t heard from you.

(Panel 2. Speedball talks into the communication device on his wrist.)

Speedball: This is Speedball. I just blew it again with Rina.

(Panel 3. Speedball turns away.)

Cap (Sb1): Why can’t I stop myself?
Cap (Sb2): Sure, she was beautiful.
Cap (Sb3): But I really want things to work between Rina and I.
Cap (Sb3): Maybe Angel* was right.
Cap (Sb4): Maybe I should see a psychologist.
Cap (N): *Angel(ica) Jones - a.k.a. Firestar.

(Panel 4. Go back to Timeslip. we see her walking back to her place.)
Cap (Ts1): Curse that man’s wandering eye.
Cap (Ts2): I told him when I started dating him he had to stop with the leering.

(Panel 5. Timeslip sneezes.)

Timeslip: Achoo.

(Panel 6. Timeslip sees a fuzzy blob in the corner, next to a statue.)

Timeslip: What is that thing?

(Page 7, panel 1. Timeslip rushes toward the blob.)

Timeslip: This is Timeslip. There’s something funny going on by the statue of Shiva.

(Panel 2. Timeslip slows down time around her, and then sees that the fuzzy blob is the shape of a person who is about to take the statue of Shiva. The person is clad in black.)

Timeslip: You there! Stop right there!

(Panel 3. Suddenly a large fist strikes Timeslip, sending her into a wall.)

SFX: POW!!!
Timeslip: UHN!
Voice: So much for the stealth approach.

(Panel 4. Enter Speedball, who is now in his uniform.)

Speedball: Hey, leave her alone!!

(Panel 5. Speedball bounces into Ruffian, who doesn’t flinch when Speedball hits him. Kinetic balls surround Speedball.)

Ruffian: Stay out of the way, kid.

(Page 8, panel 1. Enter Rage and Kymeara, who sport their uniforms as well. )

Kymeara: What’s going on here? Ruffian: The more, the more skulls we get to break.

(Panel 2. We see that Smoke, Vomit Retchquist, Chainsaw, and Acidwash are now in the room.)

Smoke: Time for a little stealth here.

(Panel 3. Smoke surrounds Kymeara with smoke.)

Kymeara: What in the --!? *Cough!*

(Panel 4. Rage talks into his communicator.)

Rage: We’ve got a team of trouble, people! Move it on over here!

(Panel 5. Enter Turbo and Powerhouse, wearing their uniforms.)

Powerhouse: What do you people want!?
Ruffian: You out of the way, for starters.

(Page 9, panel 1. In a nearby part of the museum, Generation X hears the commotion.)

Queen: We’ve got trouble, as usual.
Synch: So much for a quiet day of culture.

(Panel 2. The White Queen psi-blasts Smoke. Panel 3. We see Generation X members in their uniforms.)

Cap (N): And as a burst of psi energy activates the unstable molecules in their clothing....
Queen: I have a feeling we know the troublemakers well.

(Panel 3. Go back over to the Army and the New Warriors. We see Kymeara make a front-face diving punch onto Chainsaw, Rage and Ruffian trading blows, Acidwash hitting Speedball with acid (but affecting only the balls around Speedball.) Timeslip is down, and bleeding from her mouth.)

Ruffian: I told the boss this was a bad idea.

(Panel 4. Enter Generation X.)

Queen: You people again!? Geez, can’t we go anywhere without you ruining everything?
Acidwash (turns): It’s Generation X again! Cut our losses now!!

(Panel 5. The Army teleports out.)

Kymeara: Blast it!!

(Page 10, panel 1. Kymeara turns to The White Queen.)

Kymeara: Who are you people!?
Queen: We’re the local good guys, but you can call us Generation X.
Speedball: Timeslip’s been hurt!

(Panel 2. Banshee sonically heals Timeslip.)

SFX: Hmmm.... Rage: What are you doing?
Banshee : Relax, lad. This sound will fix her right up.*
Cap (N): * A sound he learned from Sonnos after their meeting.[Quamp's note.]

(Panel 3. Timeslip stops bleeding, and her wounds close.)

Timeslip: UHN!
Banshee: She will be in pain for a little while, but she should be all right.

(Panel 4. Timeslip opens her eyes.)

Timeslip: What... what happened to me?
Banshee: Nothing major, just a few cuts and a mild concussion. You should be in pain for a few more minutes, lassie.

(Panel 5. Timeslip stands.)

Timeslip: I feel like someone’s using my head as a soccer ball.
Banshee: An unfortunate side effect of the sonic healing process. It should pass shortly. I am -

(Page 11, panel 1. Powerhouse approaches Banshee.)

Powerhouse: I know whom you are, Banshee. You’re not a doctor.
Queen: Calm down, everyone. We should -

(Panel 2. We hear a scream off panel.)

Voice (from off panel): Someone has stolen the gate of Uma!

Kymeara: What!?

(Panel 3. They rush over to see that a large stone doorway has been stolen.)

Queen: So that’s what their real plan was. Keep us busy while one of them took that gate.
Kymeara: You sound like you’ve dealt with them before.

(Panel 4. The White Queen faces Kymeara.)

Queen: They call themselves the Army, and they have one goal- get as rich as possible as fast as possible. Chances are that gate will be sold to the highest bidder.
Timeslip: So how do we get it back?

(Panel 5. The White Queen faces Timeslip.)
Queen: That’s easier said than done. Some of them have eluded capture for centuries.

(Page 12, panel 1. Generation X teaching room. We see the members of Generation X and the New Warriors sitting around a table.)

Cap (N1): Later.
Cap (N2): Introductions have been made.
Cap (N3): And now, strategy will come to play.
Queen: Just what does this gate of Uma supposedly do?

(Panel 2. Timeslip faces the White Queen.)
Timeslip: It is a legend from my people. It is said if a couple walks through the gate of Uma together, they will be in love forever.

(Panel 3. The White Queen is serious.)

Queen: Well, whether it works or not, it is an artwork of antiquity that has been stolen. At least we know they will sell it. It’s just a matter of when and where.

(Panel 4. They continue to talk.)

Timeslip: So how can we get it back?
Queen: Finding where they Army is hiding has always been a pain.
Banshee: My theory is that they have phased their headquarters in time - putting it just out of sync with us that it can’t be detected by normal means.

(Page 13, panel 1. Timeslip faces Banshee.)

Timeslip: I can phase in time, speed it up or slow it down.
Psi balloon (pointing to Chamber): Then I could use your help.

(Panel 2. Chamber stands.)

Psi balloon (Pointing to Chamber): Come with me to the lab. I’ll get things working again. I’ve got several models that could find them.

(Panel 3. Go over to the Army. We see Timelasher, Haloid, and the others talking to a man in a sorcerer’s outfit.)

Timelasher: We have the gate, mon ami. Do you have the money?

(Panel 4. We see an Asian Indian man in a suit and tie there.)

Man: Yes, now where is the gate of Uma?

(Panel 5. Timelasher narrows his eyes.)

Timelasher: The money first, mon ami.
Man: As you wish.

(Page 14, panel 1. The man gestures, causing a suitcase to appear in his hand.)

SFX: Thoik!

(Panel 2. The man grits his teeth.)

Man: Now, where is the gate of Uma?

(Panel 3. Ruffian and Acidwash enter, pushing the gate of Uma, which is on a cart.)

Ruffian: So what’s so big about this gate?
Man: In the wrong hands, it can cause the end of the world.

(Panel 4. The man gestures, and the man faces the Army.)

Man: It’s real, all right.
Timelasher: Mes amis, time to celebrate.

(Page 15, panel 1. Go back to Generation X. We see them working on some technical equipment.)
Banshee: Since when did you become a technical expert?
Psi balloon (Pointing to Chamber): After me powers manifested themselves, the only books I was given were technical manuals.

(Panel 2. Chamber approaches Timeslip.)

Chamber: Now love, if you’d just take this DNA locator with you out of time for awhile, you should be able to find them.
Timeslip: Right.

(Panel 3. Timeslip fades out of sight.)
Queen: Are you sure this is going to work?
Psi balloon (Pointing to Chamber.): I pray that it does, Ms. Frost.

(Panel 4. Timeslip fades back in.)

Timeslip: I’ve found them. They’re in a place not far from here.
Queen: Then let’s get to it.

(Page 16, panel 1. An empty field. We see the members of Generation X and the New Warriors standing in front of the field.)

Cap (N): About 2 hours later...
Timeslip: This is the place.
Jubilee: But, like how are we going to get in there?

(Panel 2. Timeslip faces Jubilee.)

Timeslip: Like this.

(Panel 3. Timeslip concentrates, and the building appears.)

Jubilee: Woah... far out.

(Panel 4. They rush the building.)

Banshee: Remember yuir training, lads... the Army is a highly efficient, highly trained lot.

(Page 17, panel 1. Rage breaks the door down to see an empty foyer.)

Banshee: Timelasher! We know you have the gate!! Return it at once!!

(Panel 2. Enter the Army, wearing their uniforms.)

Timelasher: Well, zo you have discovered where we are, non? Then it is time to rumble!

(Panel 3. The Army advances.)

Jubilee: Listen you dweeb, we aren’t afraid of you losers!
Timelasher: You should be.

(Panel 4. Ruffian strikes Jubilee with his fist.)

Ruffian: Children should be seen and not heard.

(Page 18, panel 1. Rage strikes Ruffian, knocking Ruffian backwards.)

Rage: Pick on someone your own strength level.

(Panel 2. Acidwash fires a blast of acid at Skin, but Speedball jumps in the way, and the acid hits the balls of Speedball.)

Acidwash: DIE!!
Speedball: Not so fast.
SFX: HISS!!

(Panel 3. Speedball bounces into Acidwash, knocking him down.) Acidwash: UHN!

(Panel 4. Zero G holds Smoke down by manipulating her gravitons while behind them, Turbo blasts Vomit Retchquist.)

Zero G: Stealing is not a nice thing to do.

(Page 19, panel 1. Timelasher fires his time beam, striking Timeslip.)

Timelasher: DIE!!!
Timeslip: UHN!!

(Panel 2. We see the beam does not affect Timeslip.)

Timelasher: C’est impossible!! Nobody can resist time!!
Timeslip: Except those who walk through it like others walk through a door.

(Panel 3. Timeslip makes a diving kick on Timelasher, striking him hard. This causes Timelasher to stop his aging beam.)

SFX: WHAM!!

(Panel 4. The White Queen psi-blasts Haloid.)

Queen: We aren’t about to let you get away.
Haloid: UHN!!

(Panel 5. We see the Army down and hurting.)

Queen: Give it up, Pierre. You’ve lost.

(Page 20, panel 1. Gaia takes away Timelasher’s teleporter.)

Timelasher: This is but temporary! I will return!
Synch: And by that time, we’ll have our great-grandchildren stop you.

(Panel 2. Generation X teaching room. We see the New Warriors talking to Generation X.)

Cap (N1): And so...
Cap (N2): The Army has finally been detained.
Queen: Thank you so much, we’ve been trying to get them for years.
Kymeara: Well, if you ever need our help again -

(Panel 3. Gaia intervenes.)

Queen: We’ll give you a call.
Gaia: Just don’t bring Speedball here.
Speedball: Come on, I’m not that bad.

(Panel 4. Jubilee stares daggers at Speedball.)

Jubilee: Oh, PL-eez! Like, you have been totally leering at all of us, and like, I’m like majorly too young for you, dude!

(Panel 5. The New Warriors exit.)

Queen: As for the rest of you, do not forget about the test in hyperspatial theory tomorrow.

(Panel 6. The members of Generation X groan.)

All but Banshee and the White Queen: *GROAN!*

(Page 21, panel 1. Go back to the New Warriors. We see them in a car, with Rage at the wheel.)

Speedball: Man... what a day.

(Panel 2. Kymeara misses Speedball’s point.)

Kymeara: We’ve still got to guard that exhibit, Robbie.
Speedball (ignoring Kymeara): If only they were a little older...

(Panel 3. Timeslip is not amused.)
Timeslip (Very coldly): Robert....

(Panel 4. Timeslip holds Speedball by his ear.)

Speedball (Snapping out of his fantasy): Ooh! Not the ear!
Timeslip: Curb your libido, mister.... right now.

(Panel 5. Timeslip lets go of Speedball.)

Speedball: O.k., o.k., I’ve forgotten about them already.
Timeslip: *Sigh*... I’m not warning you again, Robbie. If you don’t cut out the libido, I’ll cut you out of my life.

(Page 22, panel 1. Timeslip walks away as Speedball is humbled.)

Speedball: bummer....

(Panel 2. Go back to Generation X. We see them catching their breaths.)

Queen: Well, what have we learned today?
Jubilee (missing everything): Timelasher’s a loooser!

(Panel 3. The White Queen gives Jubilee a dirty look.)

Queen: Anyone else?

(Panel 4. Zero G speaks up.)

Zero G: If you’ve got a problem you can’t solve yourself, consult others.

(Panel 5. The White Queen smiles.)

Queen: You get an A for today, Tracy.

--End--


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page