The Most Vicious Man in the Game

By Richard Palmer

 

Warning: This Fan-fiction deals with mature matters such as substance abuse, profanity and violence.

 

            Christina sat under a tree outside the academy, concentrating on her studies… well, trying to concentrate. In truth the thought of the recent weeks were running rampant through her head. At one point in her life she might have tried to deal with this by retreating into the wilderness and distancing herself from human society for a while. But her experiences at the academy had taught her that as screwed up as she felt human society was, she had to live with it.

            In the meantime she was getting on with her life… as best she could. Getting Kevin out of her mind wasn't as easy as it sounded.

            Christina turned as she heard noises from behind her. Penance approached from out of the brush. *Hello.* Christina said, *I haven't seen you in a while.*

            Penance nodded, *Yes, as I remember, it has been a long time.*

            Christina cocked her head, *You sound different from last time,* She said, *What happened?*

            *To be honest I don't remember most of it.* Penance replied, *I remember being imprisoned by a monster, a pair of voices in my head… and no control.*

            Balam set her books down, *Do you remember anything else?*

            Penance thought to herself for a second, *I remember a tall man with a large group following him…* she trailed off, *but nothing more than that.*

            *Well, at any rate,* Balam smiled, *its' good to see you again.*

            Penance smiled too. at last her friend had returned to the academy.

______________

 

the main building of the Massachusetts Academy, after hours.

 

            Sean was sitting in the study when he heard the doorbell ring. He looked up from his work over at the door, then down at his watch. It was eleven thirty. "Nae who could this be at this time a' night?" Sean said to himself as he answered the door. On the other side of the door was a large man dressed in a policeman's uniform. "Evenin' officer." Sean said, mildly surprised, "What seems t' be the problem?"

            "Nothing to be to concerned about sir." The large officer said as he entered the room, "We've just had reports of a psychotic on the loose. We're just going around warning people to keep the windows and doors locked, and don't open them for anybody."

            "Oh dear." Banshee said, his eyes growing wide, "What kinda psychotic?"

            "Actually," the large man said turning to face him, "It's me." His hand shot like a lightning bolt into Cassidy's gut and Sean flew back into the wall behind him, unconscious before he hit the ground. The man stepped over Cassidy.

Penance looked up as a large figure stepped in through the doorway. He seemed to be dressed in policeman's attire. The man reached up and tossed aside his policeman's cap; Penance could now clearly see his face, thin with a sadistic grin. Long bleach blonde hair on the top of his head, with the rest of his hair being short and black plus the long black sideburns. The large man's eyes were covered by form fitting sunglasses, but still Penance could feel his eyes on her as he paced about her like a hunting animal.

            "So you're the one they call Penance." The large man smirked, "I don't see why Emplate wants you… you hardly seem worth my time." the large man stopped pacing and sighed, "No matter." Then he lunged. He moved faster than any normal human eye could follow… in fact Penance had no time at all to dodge. She had to resort instead to counter attacking the big man. Her claws raked across the large man's chest, shredding the jacket of his policeman's uniform. The man flew back as she struck him, and sparks lit up the room. The man started to laugh, "Is that the power Emplate wants so badly?" he looked up at Penance, "I barely felt it!" The man stood up straight and stared down at Penance, who was now cowering in the corner, unsure of what to do, as her attacks seemed to have no effect at all on this large man. Dio flexed his arms as a purple energy surrounded him, shredding the remains of the policeman's uniform to display a black bodysuit underneath. Dio smiled at Penance, dragging his tongue across the bottom of his teeth.

______________

 

            "Sean, wake up!" Sean opened his eyes to see Emma Frost standing over him, holding his shoulders trying to shake him awake. "We have a situation, the security systems are off line! We have an intruder."

            "Aye." Banshee said as he sat up, "I know lass… I met him."

            "Obviously." Jubilee said, standing in the background.

            "Dinnae ye try t' find him with yuir telepathy?"

            "I tried," Emma stammered, "I couldn't locate him."

            Banshee held his hand to his head, "this is bad." He muttered, "Gather everyone t'geather." Sean commanded, "We have t' search th' grounds, an we have t' do it fast!"

______________

 

The wall exploded as the large form of Dio crashed through, taking Penance with him. Penance desperately slashed at Dio… seemingly only amusing the large man. Dio struck out again and again at Penance, missing her head by mere inches with his energy blades. Finally as Dio had Penance cornered, his smile faded, "Time to end this." He said as his hand began to glow with purple energy.

            Suddenly Dio found himself face first into the dirt below him, a ten foot Cat-Girl slammed into his back. Balam smiled at Penance and the girl began to dash off. Dio whirled around and caught Balam by the throat, "That was not smart!" he growled. He tossed Balam into the air and kicked her in the stomach before she landed. Before Balam had any time to recover Dio fist was in her face, pummeling her into the ground. All of which happened within 2 seconds.

            Dio grinned as he stood… just before Penance leapt on his back and Clawed madly at the big man. Dio whirled around and grabbed Penance by the throat as she fought madly to escape. "Don't think it'll be that easy." Dio chuckled, "I'm not called 'the most vicious man in the game' for nothing." Penance's struggling began to decrease as she began to sink into unconsciousness. Dio laughed, "all too easy!"

            Suddenly he was hit by a powerful sonic blast from behind. He dropped Penance as he turned to face his attacker. "Let th' girl go yeh monster!" Sean yelled as he got ready to attack the big man again. With Banshee were Husk, M, Skin, Jubilee, Synch, and the White Queen, all of them ready to fight. It took Penance a second to regain her senses before she dashed off.

            Dio's left eyebrow raised, "Good." He grinned, "A fight that might actually be worth my time!"

______________

 

            Sequel and Chamber Rode up to the academy on Sequel's Harley, the two had been spending a night out on the town, at Sequel's request. Sequel looked off to the side of the academy where the sounds of the fight were coming from. "I think maybe we wasted our time going out tonight. It sounds like all the action is right here."

             They heard Banshee's sonic scream followed by a series of sickening thuds.

::Let's hurry,:: Chamber said, psionically, ::It sounds like they'll need help and soon.::

Sequel nodded and turned the Harley towards the commotion.

______________

 

            Dio dodged Banshee's sonic attack, knocking Paige aside with a shoulder thrust and knocking synch down with a sweep. As he stood he grabbed M who was flying towards the large man. Dio whirled around and tossed M at Skin knocking the two mutants back into the trees. Dio darted at Banshee who was just readying another attack. Dio Grinned as he came up with a throat thrust. Knocking Banshee back several feet. Sean clutched his throat, struggling to breathe.

            "Mr.Cassidy!" Jubilee shouted as she rushed over to him.

            Dio stood and turned to face Emma Frost. Emma was in shock, This large man dressed in black had just blasted through her team in less than five seconds… this monster had even managed to take down Banshee, a trained former member of the X-Men, Before Banshee could even land an attack. In her mind Emma was having flashbacks of Trevor Fitzroy and the massacre of her Hellions, the first team under her supervision. Quickly Emma shook her head; a determined look came to her face. This man wasn't Fitzroy. No matter how fast he was or how powerful he was, Emma could handle him. She focused her mind on Dio as the man slowly advanced on her, trying to knock him out with one powerful psi-blast. The feedback hit her like a brick wall; Emma fell back on the floor going into convulsions as she struggled to break the connection. As she passed out two words raced through her mind, "Asylum Seven."

            Monet stood up as the motorcycle came around the corner. She watched as Dio stood unmoving as the two mutants dismounted from the Harley. Slowly Kevin walked forward, "Dio!" Kevin said astonished.

            "Yoo, akuyuu." Dio Grinned, "Kevin Dallas, long time no see." Dio swung his arms out to his side as two large, purple energy blades sprung out from his specially designed suit, "Too bad we have no time to reminisce." With that Dio dashed at Sequel, slashing at him with his energy blades. Kevin dodged as best he could. Back-flipping over towards Jubilee and Banshee, whom was still struggling to breathe, but finally recovering from Dio's attack.

            "You okay?" Sequel asked Banshee as he landed. Banshee nodded. Dio began to advance on them as he did so. "Jubes, when I give the signal, blast him." Sequel whispered.

            "Kevin?" Jubilee replied, "Even Mrs. Frost and Mr.Cassidy couldn't touch this guy, how will…"

            "Dammit, Jubes, just do it!"

            Dio launched at them again, striking down at them with an energy blade when Sequel shouted, "Now!" Jubilee launched a barrage of sparks into Dio's face, Dio screamed as he staggered back. "Now, M, hit him while he's stunned!" Sequel shouted. Monet launched at the large man as he staggered back holding his face. She threw punch after punch on Dio sending the man reeling. Finally he struck out blindly knocking her aside. Dio turned to face Sequel standing in a defensive stance. Sequel jolted foreword, landing a powerful kick on Dio's chin. Dio teetered back and then fell to the floor.

            Sequel stood up and breathed a sigh of relief. He looked around; Dio had certainty done some damage. Balam, Synch, Skin, Husk, the White Queen, all of them lay unconscious at the hands of the big man.

            Banshee stood and coughed, "Good job… lad…"

            "How did you know?…" Jubilee began.

            "His name's Dio." Kevin said as he walked over to make sure the large man was unconscious, "He's got absolute physical agility, speed, and strength. But he's terribly light sensitive." Sequel looked back at Jubilee and responded, "A little burst of light was all that was needed."

            "You know him?" Jubilee responded.

            "Yes, Dallas he did seem quite familiar with you." Monet added.

            Kevin looked around. He knew this would come back to haunt him eventually, "We worked together in Las Vegas. Dio was a hitman, and a former member of the Yakuza."

            "The… Yakuza?" Banshee coughed.

            Kevin looked over at Monet and she nodded. Sequel turned to Banshee, "Yes, I used to work with the Las Vegas Mafia, and so did Dio after he left Japan."

            "Quite right!" Dio said as he stood up. He backhanded Sequel and grabbed Monet by the throat. Energy shot through his suit as Monet went unconscious. "I'll give you time to fill your new friends in before you hear from me again." Dio laughed. He pressed a button on his belt and he seemed to disappear into the background, a stealth field forming around him and his captive. His laugh seemed to trail as he disappeared with the unconscious form of Monet.

            "No." Sequel staggered after the big man. He managed to get a few steps before he collapsed into unconsciousness.

 

To be continued…

______________________________________________________________________________________

The legal stuff: The Characters from Generation X and the concept of Mutants and are a product of Marvel comics and it's employees and are used without permission. Christina Laine is based off of the Samurai Spirits character Cham-Cham, Beyond that she's a character of my own creation. Kevin Dallas and Dio are characters of my own creation, all rights reserved.

 

Did you know that when someone annoys you, it takes forty-two muscles to frown, but it only takes four muscles to extend your arm out and smack 'em in the head? - Unknown


tigrrwildcat@hotmail.com
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page