THE HUNTER written by Richard 'Kurogo' Palmer


Warning: This Fan-fiction deals with mature matters such as substance abuse, profanity and violence.

Xavier was visiting the academy today. Therefore classes had been canceled. Xavier was here to mind probe Kevin to see what he could discover about the man who called himself Canon and the mysterious Asylum 7. But Xavier hadn't arrived alone.

"Christy!" Jubilee called. She ran out in the forest to find her friend. "Christy, Where are you, there's someone here I'd like you to meet!"

Christina Laine dropped down silently behind her friend, "Who?" she asked.

Jubilee almost jumped. She smiled and said, "Wolverine." Christina cocked her head. "Wolverine, from the X-men?" Jubilee said, "You remember."

"Oh yeah the outdoorsman with the claws. He's here at the academy today?"

"In fact, bub, he's right behind ya." Wolverine said as he walked up to the two of them. This time Christina almost jumped, very few people had the ability to sneak up on her. "Wolvie, this is Christina, She's the girl I was telling ya about."

Wolverine held out his hand as Balam shook it, "A pleasure to meet you Mr. Logan Sir."

"It's just Logan, kid." Logan smiled. Jubilee smiled too. At last her new friend at the academy had met her mentor.

______________

4:54, The Infirmary

Xavier took off the mind probe helmet. He hovered over to Kevin who still had a cigarette in his mouth. Kevin lifted the mind probe helmet off of his head. "So doc, what's the prognosis? Did I pass my physical?"

Xavier smiled, "For someone with your history Mr. Dallas, you seem in unusually high spirits. The programmed mental block is an unusual one, but fitting in this case. It sends feedback to the telepath trying to lock onto your mind. Taking pain from your own experiences and amplifying it through the link. A powerful security measure, but not an impenetrable one. Fortunately I was able to maneuver around it without harm to either of us." Professor Xavier put his palms together as he looked between Kevin and Emma Frost, "However, there is another problem, although you still have memories of Asylum 7 and Canon, the only memories I can find are the ones Emma says she recently brought to the surface." He looked back solemnly; "The rest were literally erased from your mind. Which now poses the question, what kind of power could Canon have to actually be able to do such a thing."

"You got the names from the database though, right?" Xavier nodded, "And you can run them through your big computer to try and see if any of 'em match?" Again Xavier nodded, "So that's a start."

"It's not much to base an investigation on, but yes, Mr. Dallas, it is a start."

Suddenly over the intercom, "Emma we've got early warning signs of an intruder! I'd suggest getting everyone together as soon as possible."

"Speaking of security." Kevin smiled as he jumped from the lab table.

______________

"Exactly!" Christina said, "Hunting is a survival method, not a sport, that's exactly my point." She stretched her arms; "In the wilderness you never wasted anything from a hunt, and you certainty never kept body parts as trophies. It's against the whole idea!"

Logan nodded, "If you can walk up to a deer in the woods your already a better hunter than anyone who uses a gun." Logan said.

Christina nodded, "Exactly, guns cause more problems than they…"

"Hold on, kid," Logan cut her off, He sniffed the air, "There's something wrong."

Balam straightened her head out and sniffed too. It was hard to describe the scent. It was like that of blind rage, but it was only partly human. It smelled controlled somehow. Like the person's own sense were heightened enough that they could mask their own scent.

Wolverine leapt to deflect Sabretooth in mid-leap, "Hello runt, I didn't quite expect to see you here, but it just makes the whole thing a lot more fun!" as Sabretooth landed, Jubilee saw the strange weapon he had hanging by a strap off of his shoulder. Wolverine slashed at Sabretooth as Sabretooth just barely dodged. Balam increased her size to help Logan. It was then that Sabretooth took the opportunity to fire the strange weapon hanging hanging over his shoulder. Two darts embedded themselves into Christina's stomach. She didn't even slow down. She knocked Sabretooth over and turned around for a second assault. Sabretooth took aim at Wolverine. Wolverine dodged the shot and slashed at Victor Creed with his claws. Sabretooth hit the ground, the gun going off as he landed. Jubilee stumbled back. Sabretooth dropped the gun and leapt at Wolverine. He was hit from Behind by a twenty foot tall Balam. As Creed got up to attack Christina shrank down and wrapped her arms and legs around Sabretooth's upper arms, holding them away from his chest. The effect was temporary, admittedly, and Victor broke free without much struggle. But it did buy Wolverine time to attack. Logan's claws buried themselves deep into Sabretooth's abdomen. The pain was too much, even for Sabretooth. He doubled over and passed out.

Wolverine rushed over to Jubilee. "Ooooh, my head is spinnin' like I just got offa the tilt-a-whirl at Cony Island." Jubilee muttered. She rubbed her head and then pulled her hand back, "Ouch!" she yelped. Small sparks were flying from her fingers. Logan looked down at Jubilee's leg… one dart was sticking out from above the knee.

______________

5: 27, the infirmary

Xavier looked very solemn as he peered into the microscope. It's just what I was afraid of… the Legacy Virus." He looked up at Logan, "What I can't understand is why it's affecting Jubilee and not Balam? Christina even had the stronger dose in her system. So why does she appear immune?"

Kevin walked over to Christina who was sitting beside her friend on the medical table. "Hey, Kitty," he said softly, "S'me, Christy. Y'know me, we don't keep secrets from each other. So what is it?"

Christina looked back with tears in her eyes, "I don't know Kevin, I can't think of any reason why I'm fine. All I can think of is why, why did it have to be her?"

"C'Mon Christy, don't fall apart on me now." Kevin said getting a little more solemn, "C'mon soldier, could it be something after Nevada, something during the Oddities," He held her shoulders a little tighter, "What about in the rainforest? Did something happen to you there that might explain this?"

"No I…" Christina stopped for a minute, she turned to Xavier, "Professor, Scan my mind!"

Xavier looked into her mind at the image she had just brought up. Christina in pain. Struggling to maintain herself as she roamed through the jungle. Then she passed out. The next image was that of a dark figure in a cave. He said something to Christina in a language at the time she couldn't understand. Xavier concentrated. "The Legacy Virus," the man said, "Just as I thought. Don't worry child, it's a familiar strand." He held up a syringe, "This will eradicate it, completely. You will feel more feverish for a while, but that's just the serum taking effect." He injected her with the serum.

"A cure?" Xavier said aloud. "It seems Christina was treated by a man who had developed a cure for at least one existing strand of the virus."

"Huh?" Skin asked.

"Viruses mutate while in the system. They maintain a basic viral strand but will continuously alter their structure; eventually they mutate so much that even if a cure is found for one strand it won't effect most of the others. This is the main thing that keeps Aids and the legacy virus and several others from being cured. It's the same reason why there is no cure for the common cold. This particular strand seems to be of the same kind Balam was infected with years ago. That's why she's taken no effect from it. That makes it all the more unusual though as a virus from years ago would have mutated to some extent by now." Xavier went over to the computer and opened a program. He put on the Cerebro helmet and inputted the face of the man Christina had seen, "Dr. Bruce Terrien, A Viral specialist, PHD in Molecular biology, stationed in the outer reaches of the Amazon. It appears he was working on possible cures for AIDS and also the Legacy Virus." Xavier scrolled down, "This also says he was pronounced missing five years ago. Long enough to be declared legally dead."

"He's not dead!" Christina said, "He's a, watchacallit,… Hermit." She looked at Xavier, "He was holed up in some cave when I met him, that's not what these guy's usually do, I've been around enough of these people with my father's Archeological crew and Zoology expeditions." She looked up at Logan; "I can get us to him. We can get Jubilee cured."

"We'll organize a team to go in and…"

"No, it'll take too long. I need a small group, preferably Wolverine counted among them. We have to get in there fast and get out fast." She looked at Xavier, "Trust me."

Xavier nodded. "I'll let you and Wolverine pick the rest of the team, then." He sighed.

______________

"Donnae ye wan' any help?" Banshee asked Balam.

"Nope." Christina said as she packed her bag, mainly food supplies for Jubilee.

"Yuir gonna do this by yuirselves, jus' ye and Logan. Ye are going to take Jubilation to get cured with nae anybody else ta help ye?"

"Yep."

"Why nae let me come with ye?"

"Why?" Christina asked without looking at him. She checked to see if she had missed anything.

"I've had experience lass, that and I'll be able ta keep up with ye."

"What kind of experience? Do you know what to do for a bite from a Gaboon Viper? Can you tell how long a river is by it's sound or the color of the water. Can you react in a split second to the slightest sound or smell? Because that is what is needed for this trip Mr. Cassidy." She picked up the backpack and flung it over her shoulder, growing to a height of seven feet as she did so. "Mr. Cassidy, I have nothing but respect for you, and for Everyone else here at the academy. But this isn't wandering into the woods around the school, this is the rainforest, most of it hasn't even been explored with human eyes."

Sean placed a hand on Christina's shoulder, "She's me student, lass, just like ye are. I'd do the same for ye as I'm asking to do for her."

Christina sighed and looked down at her teacher, "If you come, you have to do what I say, not the other way around. This is my world now." Banshee nodded. "Get on the plane, we're going to Brazil."

______________

"Who hired ya Creed?" Logan asked his former partner, "Whoever it is yer both goin down." Sabretooth ignored Wolverine. The restraints were as such that he couldn't even turn his head, but still he ignored him. "You always said I didn't have the guts ta kill ya, but so help me if…" Wolverine stopped as the door slid open behind him. Kevin Dallas walked into the room.

"You mind if I have a minute with the prisoner?"

Logan got up, "Watch yerself kid." Wolverine walked out of the door and Kevin lit up a cigarette.

"Victor Creed is it? Or Sabretooth? How bout I just call you dead?"

"Not likely kid."

"They're trying to analyze that damn gun you brought in, see what they can find out from it, but I already know." Kevin exhaled letting the smoke fill the room, "That's standard design for a long range injection device for Asylum 7. More dosage, longer range, better handling than a standard dart launcher." Kevin took another drag, "The thing I can't figure out is why? Canon got what he wanted from me, I'm no longer a threat as far as he's concerned. I can't talk about somethin' I don't know about anymore, so there's no reason to infect Christina to keep me quiet. But, what if she weren't the intended target? Canon knows the virus ain't gonna do shit to me cause dyin's never been a real big problem. So I'm placing my money on one of the Emissaries, they don't answer to nobody but Canon right?"

Sabretooth ignored Dallas. "Now as far as I see it only one of em has reason to pull this kinda stunt, and the lack of intelligence to do it behind Leveque's back. Equilibrium."

Sabretooth glared at Sequel, "I don't know a damn thing about my employer, it was a simple assassination mission, with a half up front delivery."

Kevin took another drag off of his cigarette, "Well I hope you had time to spend that cash, cause you've got at least two people willing to see your ass dead right now with nothin' to hold em back."

"What you and that runt Logan?" Creed laughed.

"Well he'd be the third. I'm talkin' about Canon and myself. Canon ain't gonna be happy that Equilibrium is doin' shit without his say so. And after his ass is taken out, you're next." Kevin reached into his jacket, "But he may not have the chance this time. I keep hearin' shit around here everyone wants to be an X-Man. 'Kevin you'd make a good X-Man.' That's bullshit. I've better chances of winning the bronze in Female gymnastics than becoming an X-man." Kevin pulled out a revolver, "You know why? Cause I'm your certified, bottom-line, Grade A, asshole… I'm an asshole with no fear of death, so it just makes it that much easier to unload on a guy. But that's just the beginning."

Kevin pointed the gun at Sabretooth's head, "I also hear shit that X-Men don't kill. Because of that shit I know I'd never be an X-man. I've died more times than I can remember, and sooner or later I'm going to give back what I've been getting, all I need is the right push. So if I think it's justified… I'd probably do it in a heartbeat." Kevin pulled the trigger as the gun clicked the empty chamber. "If Jubes don't make it, the next one will be loaded. Ain't nobody gonna hold me back neither."

"You try it and I'll rip yer head off, kid." Sabretooth snarled.

Kevin yawned as he walked towards the door, "Sorry Creed, been there done that."

______________

Late afternoon, the Amazon basin, Brazil

The Four travelers walked deeper into the brush, Wolverine, Balam, Banshee, and Jubilee on Balam's back. Balam stopped for a second as she sniffed the air, She sighed and said, "Home."

"It's great lass but we donnae have time to reminisce." Banshee said.

Christina looked back at him; "From this point forward I think it'd be best if you were to follow us from the air. Maybe take Jubilee with you."

"I'm fine Christy, in fact I can walk the rest of the way." Jubilee replied.

"Just wait till we get to more even terrain…" Christina began as she brushed aside a group of branches. Instantly a spear was aimed at her face. In front of them were two of the rainforest natives, they had loincloths on and had a wooden jewelry pierced through their nostrils.

The one with the spear aimed at them drew the weapon back in surprise; he said something in the native dialect and looked between Christina and her companions.

"What did he just say?" Jubilee asked Christina.

Christina nodded in reply to the man and looked to the rest of the group, "I have no idea." She replied.

The man continued to speak occasionally repeating the word 'Ixbalamque'. "That's it, Your name, Balam." Jubilee said.

"Yes, I got that part, but I can't make out the rest."

"Her name?" Wolverine asked.

"It's the name of some Goddess," Jubilee replied as Balam let her off her back, "that's who they thought she was till she got captured."

The man continued to speak to her in his native tongue as he motioned towards deeper into the woods in an inviting fashion.

"He's inviting us to go with him." Jubilee said

"How can ye be sure?" Banshee asked.

"Cause he's inviting us to go with him." Christina replied imitating the body language the rainforest native had used.

"Is it okay, Christy?" Banshee asked his student.

"Sure, we'll just follow him back to his village, we'll get Jubilee some rest and I'll be able to plot the rest of our course from there."

______________

"What about now, Funk so Brother, check it out now, funk so brother." The music blared. Kevin sat back with his headphones on, but strangely that's not where the music came from, it was emanating from the speakers in the room where Sabertooth was being held. Kevin looked over at the captive mutant, "I'm sorry Creed is that getting annoying?" Kevin smiled, "I suppose after the first few hundred times it would make you want to tear off your own head." Kevin took of his headphones and walked over to Sabertooth, "Fat Boy Slim, just as effective as the Chinese water torture."

"Ya ain't gonna get nothin from me." Creed shot back.

"We'll see." Kevin said as he lit up another cigarette.

______________

The village was a few hundred yards from the base of a stream. Banshee had made camp and gotten things set up. Then he tended to Jubilee. He took off the protective gloves she was wearing and inspected her wounds.

Wolverine stayed with her telling her things would be just fine. Then he walked over to Balam who was sitting on the edge of the stream.

"Whatcha doin' Kid?"

"Fishing."

Wolverine locked down at her she jabbed her hand in the water quickly withdrew and them swiped at the water again. A red bellied Piranha fell up on shore and flopped around for a bit. "Piranha?"

"They're not the best tasting, but they're food." Christine said as she peered back into the water.

"How much further, Kid?" Wolverine asked.

"Tomorrow, if we're lucky, can you see that cliff over there?"

Wolverine peered through the night air, a large cliff face a couple of miles away was visible in the darkness. "Yeah."

"That's it. It should only take us a few hours to get there." Balam batted another fish out of the river.

"Ixbalamque!" came a voice from behind them. Christy turned to see an older man,

"Capac?" Christy stammered.

"Who?"

"This is a man my father knew when he was here with the zoological crew, Dad also came here to study some of the native cultures." Christy replied, "Capac used to be a guide. I guess he decided to return to the forest."

"It's nice to see you Ixbalamque. Finally the goddess has returned," Capac said, "finally here to help rid us of the curse in the forbidden north of the forest."

Christy's hair bristled but she continued to smile, "Yes, Capac, I'm back. It's nice to see you too."

"You are here to get rid of the demon, aren't you?" Capac asked.

"After I help a friend." Christina replied as she turned back to the river.

"Good, I wish you luck on your journey." Capac said as he turned back towards the village.

"What was that about, Kid?" Wolverine asked.

"Nothing," Christina said as she grew quiet, "Just old tales."

"What tales, what is deal with a demon up north?"

Balam sat back and sighed, "Near as I can understand, from what I've been told by the animals and some of the natives, a long time ago this forest had another resident mutant. He too was seen as a protector. He would use his power to protect the people from the animals." Balam kind of snickered, her preference of animals to people was well known, "Since he never seemed to grow old, the natives thought he was the embodiment of their god of time. But his power went to his head and he turned on his own people, taking their lives to try and become immortal."

She stopped for a few seconds and looked at the water below before continuing. "I had a few run-in's with him myself. And quite frankly he frightens me." She looked at Logan again, "since you have the senses of an animal, you'll smell him too. He smells like death. A sour rotting smell."

"Hey!" Jubilee called, "Where are those fish already? I'm starvin!"

Wolverine smiled. Balam managed a weak smile, "I don't think I would've made it at the Academy if it weren't for her." She said. "You taught her real well."

"Well," Wolverine said as he turned back to the camp, "She was willin' to learn."

Christina stood up and grabbed Logan's arm, "Don't tell her, Okay?"

"Sure."

______________

Balam hiked up the path in the rock cliff as Wolverine and Banshee followed her. Balam turned to her friend on her back, "We're almost there, you're going to be fine."

Jubilee smiled.

They came to an opening and Balam peered into it. "Is this the place, Lass?"

She sniffed the air, "No, but it's close." She started up the path again, "I don't remember exactly where he was living but it is around here." She dropped off as she caught the smell of something else. She turned to Wolverine. He nodded, he smelled it too, a sour rotting smell was being carried to them by the wind from the forest below. With some hesitation Christina continued up the trail. After a few minutes she edged around a rock and looked into another cave opening. Suddenly a small log came down on her head.

"I got you, you bastard." Came a voice from inside. It was a soft raspy voice but still filled with rage, "You can take my arm and my confidence, but you're not going to take my life!"

Balam stood up, "Doctor?"

The man stepped forward into the light. He was an older man, maybe in his late fifties, he had long gray hair that was unkempt, he also had a short gray beard. He wore a loose collared shirt, faded blue jeans and hiking boots. His left arm was missing at the elbow, in its place was a bandaged stump. But perhaps his most noticeable feature was his eyes; they seemed to twitch with a strange restlessness, like he needed to be constantly alert. "What is this?" he asked, "Who are you?"

"You helped me once doctor, a long time ago." She said, "I need your help again."

"Ixbalamque? The local's goddess?" He smiled, "I thought he'd gotten you."

"Who?" Jubilee asked as she sat on Balam's Back.

"Wiraqocha. The local's god of time." He looked back at them; "At least that's what he calls himself now. He's just a mental case with no grasp of the influence of his powers; He's been killing left and right, animals, people, whatever suits his tastes. He's feeding again."

"Feeding?"

"Wiraqocha feeds off of other's life forces, taking their lives to elongate his. I managed to survive with only an injury." Dr. Terrien said as he motioned to the bandaged stump that was his arm, "But he hungers, he'll be back."

"Doctor," Balam said as she shrank and let Jubilee off of her shoulders, "You cured me once of the legacy virus, I need you to cure a friend."

Jubilee took off one of her protective gloves. Sparks flew from her hands; "I'll have a look." Dr. Terrien said.

______________

Kevin stepped outside of the room and lit up a cigarette, he exhaled and smiled. Creed was indeed a tough nut to crack, but the guy sure didn't count on subtlety. Sure he never said anything about who hired him and why, but after staying in the same room with him for a while Kevin was able to learn the truth. The truth was his initial guess wasn't far off. And now thanks to his new telepathic abilities he was able to find out where the base was that Sabertooth was sent from. Now all he needed was a partner to help him get in and get the information that might save Jubilee's life.

"Damn." Kevin muttered as he took another drag off his cigarette, he knew only one person with the physical qualifications to help out in such a suicide mission, and getting her cooperation wasn't going to be easy.

He dropped his cigarette and put it out with the heel of his boot. "Still," he thought, "something doesn't seem right. Something doesn't add up. And it's buggin' the hell outta me that I can't figure out what."

He walked down the hall to find Monet. He hoped that not too much begging would be in order.

______________

"It's an older strand, it hasn't mutated much since it was introduced to the system, I could cure it."

"Could?"

"The Demon out there keeps me from getting the things I need to make the serum. Every time I step out of this cave he tries to hunt me down, just like he's been doing with the natives." He looked at Banshee and Wolverine, "If you kill the demon I can cure her but otherwise…" he shrugged.

Banshee pulled his old teammate aside, "Logan I'm nae sure this is a good idea, this man donnae seem to be playin with a full deck. He seems paranoid and unstable."

"He's a little jumpy, but he's right." Logan said. "Christina talked to me about Wiraqocha last night, and I caught a whiff of the guy just before we found the place. The thing smells like death." He turned to look at Dr. Terrien. The doctor was holding up a small vial and inspecting it, even though it was empty. "He's got problems but he's our best bet right now. You stay here with Jubes'. I'm goin' to get this thing."

"I'm coming too." Balam spoke up, "Face it this is my jungle, you need me."

______________

"So doctor, How long have ye been working on the legacy virus?" Banshee asked as Balam and Wolverine departed.

"Longer than I remember," He answered in that same soft raspy voice, "I came here to the Amazon because of a lead I found for a cure, and I stayed when I found it."

"Ye found the cure?!"

Dr. Terrien nodded, "A cure for a few of the strains, yes. But not a cure for the entire virus. Not yet." He motioned to Banshee, "Come here." He said as he walked over to a large computer. He reached down behind the machine and his hand started to glow. The computer booted up without being connected to any electrical outlets.

"These are samples of cells effected with the virus." Dr. Terrien said, "But they're not human cells."

"What?"

"These are cells from animals here in the rainforest. Animals that have started to show signs of the X gene." Sean looked at Dr. Terrien with a surprised look on his face, "That's right Mr. Cassidy, Mutants are no longer just an evolution from the homo-sapien race. Whatever causes mutancy in humans, is now effecting the rest of the planet as well." Dr. Terrien turned back to the computer screen. "These cells are from monkeys here in the rainforest. Now look, do you see this group of cells right here?" Sean nodded, "Do you see how they are stabilized, not like these over here." Sean nodded again. "These monkey's have developed antibodies to this strand of the virus, from their DNA I can create an effective anti-serum to cure this evolution of the virus. And…" He said as he turned to a small rack of vials on his desk, "I can create drugs to help slow the virus down." he picked up an orange colored vial and walked over to Jubilee. "Here, Drink this, Ms…"

"It's Jubilee sir."

"Drink this Jubilee. It should ease the pain."

Jubilee looked at Banshee. Banshee nodded. She downed the vial and coughed on the contents, "Ugh! This stuff is major disgusting! It's like liquefied carpet lint!"

Dr. Terrien stood up and walked back towards Banshee, "Unfortunately one of the biggest difficulties with the virus is the rate of mutation, it makes it rather difficult to come up with a cure for more than a few strands at a time, and of course by now there are hundreds of strands out there. Maybe thousands… Another problem with the virus is it's seen as a mutant problem." He walked back over to the computer and pulled up a file, "I'm sure this is either an oversight or a cover up. Take a look at these cells." Banshee looked at the image Terrien pulled up, "This is non-mutant human DNA infected by a strand of the legacy virus. The problem is it tends to manifests itself as other diseases in a non-mutant host. Non-mutants may appear to suffer from anything from Salmonella to Ebola when they're infected." He turned back to Banshee, "this is not a mutant problem, Mr. Cassidy, this is a global killer."

"Aye, that I'm aware of."

"Oh?" Dr. Terrien said as he shut off his computer, "You know or knew a non mutant carrier?"

"Aye, ye may 'ave heard of her, Moira MacTaggart." Banshee replied.

"Ah yes, the Scottish geneticist." Dr. Terrien replied like they were old high school friends, "She was infected by the Virus? Interesting."

"Interestin' is hardly a word I'da use Doctor."

Dr. Terrien smiled, "I'm sorry, I merely was commenting on the fact that a renown geneticist like MacTaggart seems to be another victim to the legacy." Dr. Terrien's voice seemed to get even softer, "It's too bad, another few years out here I might have felt ready to come out of seclusion to share my findings with the rest of the world, I could have used her help in defeating the legacy."

"She's nae dead," Sean said, his voice growing colder, "She'sa merely tryin t' find a cure, same as ye."

Dr. Terrien walked to another part of the cave, "then perhaps she and I can still meet sometime to compare notes. Would either of you like some tea?"

______________

The moon slowly rose over the trees as Wolverine and Balam camped out by the river. Balam looked into the foliage and shivered.

"Problems kid?"

"I'm sorry Mr. Logan sir, but this is kinda unsettling for me. Wiraqocha is the reason I left this area of the Amazon, he scared the hell out of me. I'm not sure I can face him."

"Ya better be sure kid, Cause Jubes is countin' on us."

Balam looked up to the moon and sighed, "I know, don't worry."

Logan lit up a cigar, "So, Kid, what do you know about his Wiraqocha guy?"

Balam looked back at Logan, "well he doesn't like the sunlight at all, you'll only see him at night… if you see him. And what Dr. Terrien said is true, he's not human… not anymore."

"What'cha mean by that, Kid?"

"It's like Monet's brother Marius, his power has become an addiction, the man is literally death come to life."

"That'sa regular ghost story." Logan said, "What exactly did he do ta scare ya so much?"

"I'll explain later." Christina said as a sour rotting odor drifted to them in the wind, "Right now I think we should get ready to meet the monster himself."

To Be Continued…

________________________________________________________________________

The legal stuff: The Characters from Generation X and the concept of Mutants and are a product of Marvel comics and it's employees and are used without permission. Christina Laine is, obviously, based off of the Samurai Spirits character Cham-Cham, Beyond that she's a character of my own creation.

You may have already won $2.34! Hay-oh!


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page