THE DIRECTOR'S CUT written by Richard 'Kurogo' Palmer


Warning: This Fan-fiction deals with mature such as substance abuse, profanity and violence.

The Massachusetts academy, late November.


It was a Cold Saturday morning; Christina, Jubilee and Sequel were in the living room watching television. Christina had started to warm up a little to her ex-Boyfriend, something Kevin seemed happy about.

Monet walked in and sat down in a chair at the opposite end of the room. "I thought animals weren't allowed on the furniture." She remarked slyly. Balam gave her an angry glance. Monet smiled as she noticed Christy's restlessness. "Has anybody had any luck teaching you how all those people got into that little box there?"

"More luck than we had explaining to her how having a permanent stick up your butt must improve your posture." Kevin Remarked.

Monet looked a little shocked. Kevin had made snide remarks to her since he arrived. But now things were getting more personal, "You low-class…" She began to mutter under her breath.

"Please Moneybitch, My kind refers to be called 'Condescendingly impaired'."

"Moneybitch?!" M repeated.

"Yeah, money as in you're rich and bitch as in you think that makes you top dog." Kevin said, grinning, "You got a problem with that, Money?"

"It seems to me you'd be more of the one to take the title of dog, Kevin, or mutt more specifically. Like the mongrel's that eat out of the trash bins in the inner city." She smiled, "Me I'm more prime class pedigree. With more powers in my little finger than you could ever hope to achieve in a lifetime."

"Okay than, how about Super Bitch?" Kevin grinned.

Monet shot him an angry look, "using such language only more proves your lack of class." she replied.

"Oh well, allow me to elaborate," Kevin said as he stood up. He cleared his throat and broke out in song, "Well, have you ever met this girl Monet she's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world. She's a stupid bitch if there ever was a bitch. She's a bitch to all the boys and girls!" Kevin was tapping his feet and clapping his hands keeping himself in time, "C'mon you all know the words! On Monday she's a bitch, on Tuesday she's a bitch, on Wednesday and Saturday she's a bitch. Then on Sunday just to be different She's a super, King Kong, Mecha, Mega Bee-atch! She's a mean old bitch and she has stupid hair she's a bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch. Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, she's a stupid bitch. Monet's a bitch and she's such a dirty bitch!"

"You two bit, egotistical, Low-brow, scum of…" Monet started, few people had the ability to push M's buttons. Dallas seemed to be one of them.

Kevin smiled, "Please, Money, I don't have time for you're half-assed insults. If you have anything to say go through the proper channels." With that he took both hands and shot them down towards his crotch. Repulsed Monet stormed out of the room.

Jubilee looked at Sequel as he sat back down, "That was one of the most irreverent, repulsive and downright nasty displays I've ever seen, and on Monet no less… I think I'm gonna like you."

Kevin smiled as he looked at Balam. She smiled back weakly. The commercial came on and Sequel stood up, "I'm gonna take a break." He said as he headed for the door.

He walked outside and lit up a cigarette. He took a drag and exhaled slowly.

"Hey, 'lord of the dance'," Came a voice from behind him. Kevin turned to the owner of the Voice. It was it was Angelo Espinosa, AKA Skin. "You know those things will kill you."

Kevin broke out in laughter, "That's a pretty good joke, man." He smiled.

"I saw your little fight with M." Angelo continued, "I just think you should keep in mind you're a guest here."

"I'm a guest," Kevin said as he took another drag off of his cigarette, "What about Christy is she a guest too?"

Angelo waited a bit before he replied, "Of course, Vato."

"Because the stuck up preppie sure wasn't makin' either of us feel welcome."

"Maybe if you weren't so vulgar She's be a little less hostile, Y'know?" Angelo suggested.

"Vulgar." Kevin repeated, "Figures. If you're poor it's vulgar if you're rich its 'Spirit'." He offered Skin a cigarette to which Angelo accepted graciously. "So I'm not the nicest guy in the world, whoop-dee-shit. This world ain't the nicest world my friend. You take seventeen bullets in a drive by that costs you your life you learn that crap."

"Drive by?" Skin said as he lit up the cigarette.

"Yeah, I'm what you call the unintended victim." Kevin said as he sat back, "I'll admit I didn't hang out with the right sorta group of guys. One of em was in a gang. One of the real pussy kind that operates outta the suburbs. The rest of his gang didn't like that this guy had non-gang related friends y'know, like this guys gonna leek out information or something… yeah like this is the freaking pentagon." He laughed a little before he continued, "so finally they decide he's a liability and try to put a bullet in him, I ended taking seventeen of the twenty. One missed he took the other two in the leg. I was in critical before the ambulance even came. And I kinda crapped out before we hit the hospital." He took a drag and exhaled in one long breath. "So, when I do come back it's been a week since my funeral. My mother is still in too much shock after my death that she doesn't know what to believe, so what does she do? She resorts to the most likely emotion… fear. She refuses to believe that it's me and chases me outta the house. I was forced to live on the street since then. It's cost me a lot of lives and a lot of friends. So, long story short, I got three of a kind, life had the full house."

"So why share this with me?" Skin said as he took a drag off of his cigarette.

"Don't play that shit, we both know I ain't the only one here with a gang record." Kevin said as he finished his cigarette.

Angelo practically jumped back, "How'd you know? You've only been here two weeks! Who told you?"

"Ain't nobody had to tell me, it's all in how you carry yourself. You're constantly on guard whether you realize it or not. You don't seem to have the same, if you'll excuse me, middle-to-high-class background that most everybody else does. You also seem to have a sort of indifferent attitude in certain areas that usually comes from a harder life."

"Shit, man, you some kinda PI or somethin'?"

Kevin chuckled, "No, just got a keen eye, it's good for surveillance jobs. That and the inability to die means I'll always come back with the required info. That's how I got the money for my Chopper."

______________

Angelo and Kevin were outside shooting hoops by the garage. Angelo was shivering but Sequel didn't seem to notice the cold. He said it came from a life on the streets.

"So, Vato, What's with you and the Cat-Chica inside? Why'd you leave her?"

Kevin stopped for a second and just held the ball, "I've never really been sure myself. I'd like to chalk it up to inexperience with my powers…"

"What are you saying?"

Kevin tossed the ball to his new friend; "My reincarnation ability does more than just bring me back to life. It screws with my whole personality. Sometimes people I'm real close to annoy and irritate me. Things I used to love don't hold any interest on me. Christy was my first real love, I know that now. I told her to leave so she wouldn't be crushed when I came back and she didn't mean anything to me. But I was wrong, when I came back she was the first thing I thought of, and have ever since." He motioned for his friend to come with him back inside. "Normally I ain't no softy. I don't like most people and I don't expect them to like me. That's the only thing that stayed current throughout my lives. But I guess she really touched something, I don't think I could lose her again."

"So you tried to soften the blow but instead screwed the whole deal up." Angelo summarized. Kevin nodded. "Life did have the bigger hand, didn't it?"

Kevin chuckled, "Guess so."

______________

Kevin was in Ms. Frost's office, being briefed for admittance. Frost hadn't exactly been warm to him since he arrived. He wasn't sure if she was just like that or if it was her inability to read his mind.

"Kevin Dallas, As you already know Christy is here to further her education, both in schooling and in her powers. And although I can admire your dedication to her by remaining at the school, It is a little…"

"Look lady cut the crap." Kevin said, "You called me in here for a reason, what is it? I'm missing 'Mad TV'."

White Queen sighed, "I'm just offering you a chance to join the school, both as a student and as a Member of Generation-X."

"No thanks." Kevin said as he stood up.

"Could you at least give me a reason?"

"I don't know if you noticed, lady, but I don't deal well with authority figures, teachers included. I've learned enough by myself to get by; I'll be fine. As for the team thing," He stood in front of her and shrugged, "to tell you the truth I have no real mutant powers."

"Don't lie to me Mr. Dallas," Emma said, "You yourself told us you have the ability to resurrect yourself, that and you were able to block my psi-scans…"

"Which in all proves what? I have a mutant reset button and am handy for foolin' mind readers. Big freaking whoop, other than that I'm human. No real ability."

"You also demonstrated a use of telekinesis."

"On a trash can, Whoah, what a power!" Kevin remarked sarcastically, "I can't lift anything over ten pounds. Now there's something to be afraid of."

"I think you're cutting yourself short."

"I'm only a good fighter with my bike, okay. That's the only place where having no fear of death can really help."

"Well, there you go." Emma said.

"What join in battles on my bike?" Kevin smirked, "you're nuts! You know how many times I died to get the money for that sucker?"

"Okay," Emma said as she stood up, "how about this then, any damage your motorcycle takes while with Generation-X, Frost enterprises will pick up the bill."

Kevin stood speechless for a while. Finally he stammered, "Damn!"

"Will you accept that offer Mr. Dallas?"

"I'd be a fool not to!" Kevin said, "Still, keep in mind I don't like it when someone's barking orders."

"And I don't like being talked back to." Emma said.

"Fair enough," Sequel said, "I suppose we can agree to disagree." He held out one gloved hand, "Okay we got a deal." He said as Emma shook his hand.

______________

"This'll be yuir dorm room, Mr. Dallas." Banshee said as he showed Kevin to the last remaining boys dorm room. "It is a wee bit drafty and not a whole lotta room, but ye do have the place to yuirself."

"A few cinderblocks and it'll be just like home." Kevin muttered.

"Pardon?" Sean said.

"Nothin'."

"As for yuir schoolin' you'll have to be fitted for a uniform tomorrah, and we will be havin' to discuss yuir previous school experience."

"Nnnnno." Kevin said rather sarcastically, "Let's just say that after middle school I was kinda home schooled." He pulled out his a cigarette and lit it up, "Sides, I don't think the school thing should be part of the deal. I'm almost nineteen, a little old to start high school." Sean cleared his throat and pointed to a sign just outside of the dorm room. 'No smoking' the sign read. "Ah hell," Kevin said as he dropped his cigarette and stomped it out.

"If ye want to smoke ye can always go outside to the smokers hill." Banshee informed him, "That's the designated smoking area." Cassidy walked off as Dallas watched him. He closed the door to his room and headed to the window. After he opened it and lit up another cigarette, he sighed.

"I said no smoking lad!" Banshee called from down below. Kevin smiled and put his cigarette out on the windowsill.

______________

"Okay Kevin, this is yuir basic aptitude test," Banshee said the next day, "we're going to try to find out how much ye know academically."

"I told you middle school was the last real learnin' I got. I had to drop out midway through my freshman year."

"Aye, but this way we can find out how much ye learned since then." Sean smiled.

Kevin sighed, "I really don't want to be an eighteen year-old freshman." He muttered.

Banshee looked at his watch, "the test will be two hours long, ye can start… now."

Again Kevin sighed and flipped open the first page of the packet.

______________

"So," Emma said as Banshee walked into the room, "how'd he do?"

"Let me put it this way, lass," Sean said, "the lad could almost be one of the professors here."

"What?" Emma grabbed the packet from Sean's hand, "Impossible! He must've cheated!"

"I watched the lad the full two hours, the internal sensors dinnae pick up any signs o' telepathy or some any other form of mutant cheating technique." Sean said as he sat down, "but they did pick up somethin' unusual." He handed a printout to his associate, "Brainwave activity shot up considerably when th' test started. He's hidin' somethin'."

______________

The Infirmary of the Massachusetts academy, after school hours.

"No! No, no, no, no, no!" Kevin said. He'd been called into the infirmary.

"It's just a mental scan, this device is designed to enhance my mutant mental powers, we just want to learn a little bit more about you."

"I prefer to remain a mystery." Kevin said, as he reached for his cigarettes, "An Enigma wrapped in a riddle and smothered in secret sauce." Banshee chuckled a bit, "with a side of corny jokes, maybe." Kevin grinned.

Be that as it may, you cannot stay here as a student, your test results are too high, but I might allow you to stay on campus if I had more information to base my judgements off of."

"Sorry," Kevin said as he lit up, "no lo comprende, no abla de Englis'."

Banshee took the cigarette out of Kevin's mouth, "lad we need to understand at least some o' yuir background, otherwise if problems occur how can we work around them?"

Kevin looked questioningly at Sean. Sean nodded. Kevin punched a wall, "DAMMIT! I hate machines! Motor vehicles are one thing but I hate having some gadget messing with my head!"

"I'll be here Kevin, nothing will happen to you."

"No you don't understand, Frosty." Kevin replied, a little calmer, "It's not just the machine it's the whole 'mind-probe' deal. I got some secrets I'd like kept to myself. On an outside chance I'd entrust them to someone like you, but I'd really not have my thoughts downloaded onto some computer."

Emma sat back "how about if I give you my word that any data the machine picks up will be erased immediately following the scan."

"Swear?"

The White Queen smiled, "I swear."

Kevin snatched his cigarette back from Cassidy, "At least let me smoke before I go under." He said as he took a drag. He then dropped the cigarette and stomped it out. "Alright, I'm down with it then." Sequel headed over to the table. As he sat down Banshee put the mind probe helmet over his head. Quickly an image flashed into his mind of a bunch on men in lab coats hooking up an uncomfortable device onto his head while he was being restrained. A man half hidden in the shadows grinned as Kevin received a powerful electric shock.

Kevin shook his head, trying to get the image out of his mind as he prepared himself fore the cerebral-scan.

"Are you ready Mr. Dallas?" Ms. Frost said as she hooked herself up to the machine.

"Just peachy." Kevin responded, though he was visibly apprehensive, with sweat running down his forehead and his skin turning very pale.

"Okay Mr. Dallas, I want you to relax your mind and let the first thing that comes just flow."

"Kevin closed his eyes and strained his mind, a few scattered images shot into his brain. A man who called himself Jim Canon wandering the halls of the mutant facility called Asylum 7, making rounds to determine the next 'test subject'. Kevin's own visits to the laboratory, where he was hooked up to various machines and then been subjected to numerous tortures, many of which ended with his demise. In all these images, Canon was seen in the background, watching intently.

Then came an image Kevin hadn't recalled before, perhaps the White Queen was breaking through Kevin's mental barriers. Kevin's cellmate had managed to break them out of their cell, and was trying to free the both of them by climbing out the air ducts. They had ended up in Canon's private office. As Kevin's cellmate was trying to hack into the computer to send a message of some sort over the Internet to anyone outside, Kevin noticed something on a file that was accidentally accessed:

Canon

AKA: Eric Chailotte, Douglas Coulhane, Anthony Culig, Robert DiSalle, Glenn Dolbeare, Roger Florentine, Bruce Heltemes, David Hunnel, William Johannes, Jean Leveque, Thomas Martinette, Christopher Namms, Steve Radell, Mark Remley, Vincent Renuad, Pierre Rodarte, Michael Stormes, Ron Tanselle, Dennis Targett, Jules Whitelam, and Jeffery Willette.

Designate: Mutant

Place of birth: Unknown, presumably France.

Age: Unknown

Mutant Abilities: Unknown, has shown an excelled use of Charisma and Persuasion in his numerous escape attempts, as well as with his fellow captives. Subject should be monitored carefully and not allowed frequent interaction as it may result in a revolution within the Proteus Project.

The file was labeled 'system removal' it was stored with a group of other files that appeared to be of similar nature.

It was then that the Guards stormed in the room and opened fire, killing both Kevin and his accomplice.

Kevin shot up from the table. He looked around to see Jubilation, Angelo, Christina, Jonothan and Paige had joined Frost, Sean Cassidy, and himself in the infirmary.

"Are you alright?" Ms. Frost asked, "you sent yourself into a state of mental shock a few minutes into the process, I had to disconnect you from the machine."

"You've been out for four hours." Jubilee remarked.

Kevin chucked, "Damn machines," he tried to stand up only to slip and fall on the floor. "Damn Machines, Ha, Ha."

::It's nice to see you taking this so well.:: Chamber said.

Kevin looked at Emma; "You saw it, didn't ya? Asylum 7, the labs?"

Ms. Frost nodded, "I managed to see some of the horrors that happened there."

"How about the computer files?" Kevin said as he tried to stand up again.

"I managed to catch a glimpse before you went into shock," the White Queen replied," But not enough time to make anything out of it."

"Shit!" Kevin said as he reached again for his cigarettes, "we gotta get back in there there's somethin' big goin' on and I didn't remember it till just a few moments ago."

"Impossible lad." Sean said as he helped the young student to his feet, "You'll fry yuir mind."

"To hell with that! If I die, I die! No friggin' whoop!" Kevin stammered, "let's nail this bastard!"

"Kevin, please." Emma replied, "if you'd like we can continue this tomorrow or at a later date. For now I think you need your rest."

"But…"

"Kevin please," Christy said as she approached him, "don't push yourself." He looked into her eyes and sighed.

"Alright." He started to walk with her towards the door; "you always pull that thing with the eyes." He said, "and it usually works too."

After all the students had left, Sean turned to Emma, "so what do ye make of it, lass?"

The White Queen sat back, "Well he's actually had a very thorough education since middle school, which may have been part of some kind of programming, but that's only half of it. This Canon person was planning something big and Kevin was a part of it, unwillingly it seems. We may be dealing with something on a world-wide level."

"Another Magneto?" Sean questioned.

"Possibly," Emma said as she stood up and started to walk out of the room, "or possibly worse." She looked back, "and there's something else."

Sean looked at her, "Somethin' else?"

"Kevin developed a sort of Precognition power a while ago and was able to see into his own future a bit." She looked at Sean. "One of these day's he's going to die and he's not going to come back."

"How?" Sean asked.

"He never really found out. It has something to do with one of his newly developed powers would cancel out his ability to reincarnate himself." She looked at Sean; "He's as mortal as the rest of us."

______________

Kevin sat back in his dorm room as cigarette smoke filled the air, "I'm stuck again." he sighed, "true it's another town another place, but I'm stuck again..." He muttered. He heard a knock outside his door.

"Kevin?" Banshee called, "yuir not smoking again are ye?"

Kevin opened a window, "No," he replied, "just batter frying my brain."

"I'll let it slide this time Kevin," Banshee called back, "but it's the last time I'll warn ye. Can I talk to ye for a minute?"

"If you don't mind the fumes." Kevin said as he opened the door. Banshee stepped in. the room was a disaster. Beer cans on the floor empty cigarette packets, Kevin's Leather Jacket hung loosely on a chair. And of course cigarette smoke filled the room.

"How are ye doin' Lad?"

"Just fine a little worked up but fine."

"Emma told me about yuir experiences in Asylum 7." Banshee said. Kevin nodded, "And about yuir future."

"Ah, Shit." Kevin said as he dropped his cigarette, "I don't want that to get out Okay, and don't go pulling some special Shit on me cause one of these day's I'm not comin back. The world is full of Martyrs I'm nothin' special."

"That's where yuir Wrong, lad." Sean said as he sat down. Ye've brightened at least one lady's life since ye came to this school. Yuir a Bright lad with a good sense o' humor. And I've only known ye for a few weeks."

"That's bull." Kevin replied, "There ain't no reason why I should come back when others don't get that chance. I'm a freak, nothin' more nothin' less."

"Kevin…"

"Look I got no problem with being a freak, actually most freaks I know are more likeable than normal people." He fished another cigarette out of it's pack, "Don't cry for me Irish, I'm already dead."

"Fine then, Kevin," Banshee said as he got up to leave the room, "We'll talk about this another time?"

Kevin nodded as he lit up another cigarette. Banshee turned and left the room, "The rock and a hard place." He thought to himself. He thought of Christina and it eased his mind a little. He puffed on his cigarette again as he looked out onto the school's property.

Just a hundred yards away a short man in a bodysuit stared back through a pair of binoculars, "that's an affirmative, Emily. Tell Canon the target has been spotted and will remain at the present location as long as needed. In other words, call off the search."

The man adjusted his hat and pulled out a cigar. Things were just going to heat up from here on.

The End

______________________________________________________________________________________

The legal stuff: The Characters from Generation X and the concept of Mutants and are a product of Marvel comics and it's employees and are used without permission. Christina Laine is based off of the Samurai Spirits character Cham-Cham, Beyond that she's a character of my own creation. Kevin Dallas is a character of my own creation, all rights reserved.

The 'Bitch' song is an obvious reference to Southpark, and they've stepped on more toes than I ever will, so it's used without permission and stolen with pride!

If not satisfied with this fan-fiction please return unused portion for a full refund.


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page