FOOTAGE FROM ASYLUM 7 written by Richard 'Kurogo' Palmer


Warning: This Fan-fiction deals with mature such as substance abuse, profanity and violence.

Outside a strip mall in Boston, Massachusetts.

The young man stepped off of his bike and headed towards a group of girls "Hey," He said as he took off his helmet, "Where's the Massachusetts Academy?"

" Just up the path there a little bit." One of the girls replied, "but…"

"Good, then you can help me out." He rummaged through his leather Jacket, "You seen this girl around here?" he said as he held up a photograph. The girls looked at it two of them shook their heads. The third had to think about it, "I think so, I think I saw her at the Deadbeat club last Saturday. What's up with those ears?" She asked pointing at the Photograph.

The guy ignored her; he'd gotten what he wanted. He turned back to his motorcycle and saw a group of boys huddled around it. He walked over and rummaged through the leather cases on the side. He looked up for a moment to see a rather large kid staring at him with a cigarette in his mouth. "You lookin' at somethin' pal?"

"I'm Ain't your pal, palooka." He answered.

"Scuse me?"

"You heard me." The kid said as he pulled the cigarette from his lips and put it out on the leather seat of the bike.

"Oh, no. You did not just do what I think you did." The young man said as he stood up straight. He was a tall thin guy with a thin face with glasses and curly black hair. He was adorned entirely in leather, Jacket, boots, gloves, and even biking stirrups.

He walked towards the kid with his helmet still in one hand, "Do you know what that is?" he said pointing back to the bike. The kid made no move. "That is a 1990 Harley Davidson Fatboy. Do you know what this bike cost me?" Still the kid didn't move. The young man shrugged. "Hell, don't know why I bother talkin' to some dog with less intelligence than a rancid potato." At these words the boy swung at the man in leather. The man in leather ducked. As he stood up again he shot the helmet at the kid like a basketball. As the kid caught it the man in leather swirled around and caught him in the face with the back of his boot. The kid went down hard, blood poured out of his nose. The man in leather reached down and grabbed his helmet from the kid who was having a hard time staying conscious.

"What is Jerkoff's name, here?" The man in leather said, "C'mon, people, easy answer. What's the name of the scum-sucker bleeding on my boots?"

"B-Brandon," One of the kids answered, "Brandon Evans."

The man in leather looked in the kid's direction and smiled, "Brandon, Good!" he turned to the kid on the pavement, "Okay 'Brandon' you are going to pay for the repairs to my seat, got it?" He looked down at the blood on his boots, "Better pay for some new boots too." He began to walk off, as he did he turned to one of the kids, "Give him the message when he's conscious," he said, "the names Kevin, Kevin Dallas. Don't forget it." As he walked off he muttered to himself, "Of all the town's to get stuck in she's in a town fulla stuck up snobby bitches."

______________

"Hey," Jubilee called, "Christy! During R&R tonight some of us were thinking of clubbing. Would you like to come?"

Christina looked at her with a smile, "Sure, I need a chance to unwind, Monet's been on my case again, some dancing will do me good."

Jubilee smiled as she walked with her friend from class, "Yeah, you're quite a good dancer." She said, "Where did you learn it from? I mean with spending your life in the Amazon and all."

"My old Boyfriend gave me some pointers." She answered.

"Get outta here." Jubilee said, slapping her friend on the back, "I mean, don't get me wrong, You seem like the type who could get along real well with most guys, but you spend your life in the forests."

"It's a long story," Christina smiled weakly, "I'll fill you in sometime."

"C'mon people," Banshee said, "We better leave now if we wanna leave at all." With that the students piled into the jeep.

______________

Later that night Weasel drove up to the Xavier academy, "Damn Muties." He muttered, "I got better things to do with my time than deliver Pizzas to this freakshow of a private school." He pulled up the driveway and walked towards the door of the academy. Suddenly he heard a loud whistle from just down the way. He turned and saw a man in full leather attire leaning against a motorcycle, "Hey, Pizzaboy, Over here! I made the order."

Weasel Walked over and looked at Kevin with an annoyed look on his face, "Why didn't you wait inside for the pies then, man?"

Kevin lit up a cigarette, "Cause I don't go to this school, 'man'. I pirated the telephone lines to get some grub. Where's the harm in that?"

"You don't go to the school?" Weasel asked.

Kevin shook his head, "Just passin' through."

Weasel's face lightened a bit, he handed Kevin the Pizza, "Man, for a second there I thought I had to deal with another one of the freaks."

Kevin opened the pizza Box, "An' what exactly do you mean by that?"

"Doncha know? This here's some mutie academy. Some snobbish Mutie academy."

"S'at right?" Kevin said as he pulled out the money for the delivery. "Don't like them Muties, huh?" Weasel shook his head, "Specially them rich Muties, huh?"

"Yeah, ain't they the worst?"

"What about lower-class mutants?" Kevin said as he handed the money over. Weasel looked at him funny, "What about lower-class mutants with no home, and no family, with nothin that they own except what's on their Chopper?"

"You're a freak too, ain't ya?" Weasel said getting defensive.

"Hey, you can call me what you want." Kevin grinned, " now don't that sound familiar?" Weasel gave him the funny look again, "Sounds like what your momma said to me last night."

Weasel wasted no time in throwing a punch Kevin wheeled back but came up grinning, "So you don't like mutants, huh? Well that's cool, cause I don't like bigots." Weasel threw another punch and Kevin grabbed his fist. Kevin then spun around twisting weasel's arm before the kick landed in the back of his head

"Augh! You freak, I think you dislocated my shoulder!"

"Boo-fuckin-hoo." Kevin muttered as he looked over at an outdoor wastebasket just a few yards away. Suddenly Weasel was being pounded over the head by a trash bin. Just before he hit the ground he thought to himself, "A double team?"

Kevin smirked as he looked at the fallen Weasel. "Ass." He muttered. He went back to his motorcycle and opened the leather case on the side of the vehicle. He took out a small device and walked back to Weasel with it in hand. He took a bite of his pizza as he hooked it up to weasel's head.

"What do you think you're doin' Vato?" Angelo asked as he came out of the main entrance. From inside he'd seen what had happened. He also saw that the trashcan apparently threw itself when the new kid glanced at it. He'd had enough time to phone Mr. Cassidy before he confronted this man.

______________

"We should get started on our social studies homework when we get home." Paige said. She was sitting off on the side with Jubilee while Christina was out on the dance floor.

"All you think about is your studies," Jubilee said, "Why don't you just forget it one night and have a good time?"

"Oh come on, the project holds some interesting ideas!" Paige shot back.

Jubilee looked back at Paige, "It's boring, so what if this is done in some culture but not in others, so what?"

"I don't know," Christina said as she joined them, "Social Studies is one of the few classes I enjoy." She adjusted her hat, "Still, Paige it's the weekend, live a little."

Banshee walked in, he walked up to the three girls, "Girls we've got trouble at the academy, someone seems to be stakin' out the place. An' he's no' the friendly type either. We've got to get back now."

______________

Angelo stood outside, confronting this mystery man in the front yard. "What's the deal Vato? Why are you here?"

"I'm here to meet someone, pal. Don't screw with me, I've had a bad day. Don't worry about bigot boy, he ain't gonna be talkin' to nobody." Kevin tapped his head; "He's going to have a case of selective memory." He tapped a button on the device in his palm, "don't worry, he'll wake up feeling like a million bucks."

"So you think you can just waltz over people and then cover your back with technology?"

"Well, yeah, it's always worked before." The device beeped and Kevin pocketed it, "and for the record I don't waltz over anybody, I riverdance." Just then the jeep pulled up. As Balam leapt out of the passenger seat Kevin walked up to her. "Hello kitty." He said. Christina looked at him for a moment. He was a tall kid in a leather Biker outfit with short curly hair and thin rimmed glasses. "Dammit Christy, It's been awhile." He said as he approached.

"K-Kevin…" Christina managed to say.

Paige walked up to Christy who appeared to still be in shock, "Christy, is this a friend of yours? Aren't you going to introduce us?"

She noticed a single tear run down Christy's cheek. "Excuse me. She said as she turned and dashed off towards the woods.

"Hey, Christy wait!" Kevin called out starting to go after her. He felt someone's hand rest on his shoulder, "I think ye an' me have to 'ave a talk boyo." Sean Cassidy said. Jubilee looked off towards the direction her friend went as Banshee took this new kid to his office. She headed towards the woods as well.

______________

Jubilee continued to wander around the deeply wooded area surrounding the Academy property, it had been hours since Christy had left the school, and if it hadn't been for Logan's teachings on tracking Jubilee would've never been able to follow her this far. Still, she knew she's never find Christina unless she wanted to be found, But considering how close they'd become in the last few months she thought she'd have a better chance than the rest of the students.

As she pushed a small tree branch out of her way she saw the Cat-girl up on a rock formation looking forlornly at the Moon. She took a few moments to climb up the rocks and sat down beside her friend.

Both girls were silent for a few moments before Christina Spoke, "I guess you're wondering about the guy back at the Academy." Jubilee nodded. Christina's left ear twitched before she continued, "You guy's aren't the first group of mutants I ever joined up with, y' know. Kevin was part of the first 'team' I was ever a part of. He called himself Sequel, most of us didn't know at first why. Maybe that's why we were all traumatized when we found out."

She sighed and her tail twitched. She looked at Jubilee, even though the girl had a coat on she was shivering, although not a real cold night it was still chilly. Christina took off her jacket and handed it to her friend. As Jubilee took the coat Christina continued with her story. "There's a place in the Nevada desert that most people don't know of and many mutants would never like to dream of. This place is known as Asylum 7, it's a Mutant facility. Many who might have herd of it probably only know of it as a center to help mutants, but the truth is far from that. From what little I know of Human History the thing it's probably closely related to is the Nazi death Camps of the Holocaust. Mutants were taken there, experimented on and, in most cases, disposed of. The man who ran this place was known as Canon. Canon had a shady history; Working for different governments as it suited him. The reason he was able to almost move freely from different and sometimes opposing governments was that he was a mutant. He held an unearthly degree of charisma and manipulative powers that are almost undreamed of. And While Canon worked for the US Government at this time, as far as I know he's been gathering a mutant army of his own. Whatever he was gaining followers for was far more sinister than anything going on in Asylum 7, and any of the survivors of Asylum 7's 'tests' were sent to him. After that they seemed to shortly become part of his growing group of followers."

She paused as she looked at the Sky again, "During Asylum 7's history, there have been a few escape attempts. Only a small few were ever successful. Kevin escaped with an older mutant, one who'd survived most of the experiments and might have survived the entire ordeal. Unfortunately for him there were certain precautions made. A mild dosage of certain drugs on a daily basis developed a strange dependency for him. He died before they escaped the desert. Kevin survived. But out of respect for his fallen comrade he vowed to return and release all of the prisoners there."

______________

"Don't you think this is a little extreme?" Kevin asked. "Do you have some reason to doubt that I'm telling the truth"

"Let's just say, Vato, that when a Chica we all know real well, bolts out in tears when you show up, somthin's got to be up."

Emma stepped up to the young man. Sean had called her in when Kevin had refused to reveal anything. Dallas looked up at her nonchalantly. Ms. Frost turned to Banshee, "If you don't mind." She said.

Sean sighed; he didn't like Emma using her powers as recklessly as she did, but since Christina wasn't around to give them a straight answer and this Kevin Dallas wouldn't give out any information other than his name. Sean felt he had no choice. "Aye lass, this one time."

Emma looked at Young Dallas and focused her mind, almost immediately she started to twitch she shot back in pain from the images and experiences she received from Dallas's mind. Franticly she tried to break free.

"Hey, what's wrong with her?" Dallas said looking at the rest of the group. Banshee grabbed the White Queen and tried to break her out of it. Finally she collapsed on the floor breathing heavily. "Lady are you okay?" Dallas asked.

"D-dear god." She stammered, her face was white as a sheet.

"What, what did ye find?" Sean asked.

"Pain," Emma answered, "Unbelievable pain. I didn't know one person could hurt that much."

______________

"When I met him he was forming a small group to go in and shut down Asylum 7's defenses." Christina continued, "After all the security devices had been destroyed we would lead the inmates in a revolt. Unfortunately the security was much tougher than we expected. We had to escape through the sewage system. It was then that Kevin revealed the hidden benefits of his powers."

"I'm having a hard time telling where the exit is, the smell is too much." Christina said, "I can't focus through it."

"We're almost there, I'm sure of it." Kevin said, "Keep on trying Christy, you're doing a great job." He was just behind her, and behind him was the rest of his small band of mutants, freedom fighters without a name but with a definite purpose. Many of them were survivors, just like Kevin; a few had even escaped from Asylum 7 as well. But they all had been awakened to the horrors that went on inside of there.

Suddenly Christina stopped, her ears twitched. The rest of the group knew what this meant they stayed as silent as possible. "What is it?" Kevin Whispered.

"Seven… no twelve men in combat gear are coming this way," She whispered back, "Five from that tunnel and seven from that." She pointed. Sequel sat silently for a moment calculating their situation, "There's something else," Christina continued, "In that tunnel just ahead, it's very faint, but I can smell fresh air."

Sequel turned to another member of his group. "Burst," he said, the woman nodded, She was a Mutant with a little military experience, and an ability to shatter objects with a mere touch, "Take the group up ahead, Follow Christy, Get out of the tunnels and get back to the warehouse. I'll meet you there." She nodded and turned towards the tunnel, "and Burst," Kevin stopped her momentarily, "I may not be there right away." Again Burst nodded. Quickly Christina led them down the tunnel.

Kevin Pulled out a small pistol and checked the rounds… five shots, only five shots left. That plus his mutant ability to shock an individual's nervous system weren't going to get him very far. He knew he was going to have to resort to his other power.

Christina helped the last of her comrades get through the large pipe that lead to the surface. She looked back, hoping to see Kevin's face. "C'mon, Christy, let's go!"

She looked at her team, she knew she just couldn't leave Kevin, She had to go back. "I'll meet you there." She said just before she dashed off.

She came near the end of the tunnel when she heard "Halt!" She froze, suddenly multiple gunshots rang out. After a few seconds she opened her eyes. "He's done for, whoever he is. The others must be around here somewhere. You didn't have to kill him."

"He was aiming right for me! What else should I have done?"

"Incapacitated him, Dammit! Canon doesn't want these ones to get away!" the first voice snapped, "C'mon, we've got to search these tunnels fast."

Christina waited a few moments and then ventured out to the main tunnel. Amidst the filth and the mildew covered concrete lining the tunnels lay a motionless body in leather biker attire.

"Oh my god," Christina Gasped, "they killed Kevin."

"So is what you're telling me is biker boy back there isn't who he says he is," Jubilee asked "he's just posing as this Kevin Dallas?" She sighed, "Trust me I've been there."

"No, he is who he says he is, if I didn't know already, my nose could prove it."

"But how?"

"After I found him in the tunnels, I brought him back to the warehouse we used as our base of operations. Everyone was devastated of course, I mean this was the guy that lead us against Asylum 7, the only real casualty of the mission. We held a memorial service and burned the body. At that time I really didn't know Kevin that well but his death effected me greatly. I couldn't stop sobbing. Burst took over the group. In some ways I think she knew what to expect.

______________

"Look, this isn't going anywhere will you tell us who you are or not?" Paige practically screamed.

"I don't have to give you anything but my rank and serial number." Kevin smirked.

"Ugh, arrogant…" Husk said as she moved aside for the next interrogator.

Skin stepped up, "Look Vato, It's not that we doubt you are who you say you are, but when you pound a guy for talkin' smack?"

"Hey, He hit me first, I have witnesses."

::What about the kid downtown?:: Jono asked.

Kevin looked at him, "how'd you know 'bout that?"

::Word travels fast in some places.::

Kevin sat forward, "He was ruining a very expensive motorcycle." Kevin said, "If you knew how many of my lives were spent to make enough money for that thing…" He tried to stand up but Cassidy stepped in front of him. Slowly Kevin sat back down in the chair; "Look, all I'm asking is that I get to see Christy. I just want to talk with her."

::And what do you want to say?:: Jono questioned.

"That's none of your damn business." Dallas replied.

Paige sighed, "look he injured a kid coming in here, that's grounds for an arrest isn't it? Let's just let the cops handle this guy." At the word of the authorities Dallas got a little nervous, he looked up at Paige with an almost frightened look in his eyes. "Oh I see, you've got a little cop trouble don't ya? Why don't se just see what's on file?"

"Nothing," Kevin replied, "there's nothing on file."

"Unh-huh." Everett responded, "and why not?"

"Because I'm deceased."

______________

"We took the next two weeks formulating our next attack. Many of us were starting to worry, Asylum 7 knew we were out there and they'd find the warehouse sooner or later. Why would Burst Stay at the one location instead of moving constantly like Kevin did. Our answer came a week and a half after Kevin's death."

Christina was on patrol that night; deep inside she felt that most everyone preferred it that way. Her keen senses were as good as any alarm system. And her quick reflexes and sharp claws made her a good first line of defense.

Suddenly maybe twenty yards behind her there was a flash. It sprang up quickly and then gradually died out, like a flame being deprived of fuel. Very cautiously Christina approached the area where the flash originated, just beyond the warehouse's furnace. As she approached she smelled a familiar scent, although, at the time she couldn't quite place it.

She turned the corner and saw him; a medium built man with short curly hair and a thin friendly face, "Kevin?" She stammered.

"Hi, Christy," He smiled as he sat up, "would you mind getting me some clothes?"

"He showed up sitting there in the nude?" Jubilee questioned, making a strange face as she said this.

"That's his power," Christina said, her tail rapidly twitching again, "it's like a kind of immortality, he dies but his body stores up energy, even if it's been reduced to ashes. That energy generates a new body for him and he, well, comes back to life."

"So you had your leader back. Did you stop this Canon guy?"

Christina shook her head; "We didn't have our leader back."

"But you just said…"

"Part of Sequel's power changes his personality as he is regenerated, he still has the same memories, but his views are different." She looked back at Jubilee, her friend had learned a lot about her in the short time they knew each other, but there's one secret she didn't want to tell her, until now. "Before he was a straight edge leader type, he knew how to rally a crowd and get things done, but he never seemed to have time for anything else, he didn't even have a sense of humor. Now he was kind of more laid back, more wanting to be set out from the crowd without being classified as a leader. And he had more time now for love…" at this point Christina's voice trailed off. Jubilee knew what had happened next and even when Christina continued she was already beyond what the cat-girl was saying.

"We still fought to get rid of Asylum 7, but Kevin took more time for us now, When we took time off he took me out to some of the restaurants and dance clubs on the outskirts of Vegas. He taught me how to Dance, I still remember our first night on the Dance floor, as awkward as I felt, his smile made me feel like I'd been doing it my whole life."

______________

"Deceased huh," Banshee said as he took Dallas's pulse, "ye seem alive enough t' me."

"It's not like that," Kevin replied, "I don't die permanently. For me it's like getting knocked out but with a great deal more pain." He looked up at the group, "Look, I'm just here to see Christy. She and I have a history."

"Christy was living in the Jungle for fourteen years," Emma replied, "and she's been in Dr. Laine's care for three. If you are a friend of Laine's why didn't you tell us. If you're not then how did you get to know Christina?"

"She's not a house cat, if you know what I mean, She strays a lot." Dallas replied, "I mean a lot. I met her in the Nevada desert. She was being hunted down by a group of anti-mutant thugs, I just helped her."

"Then it sure seems funny how she reacted to you, Vato," Angelo responded, "you savin' her life an' all."

Dallas sat still for a moment, "Look, I just don't like cops, Okay, there's not really a lot they can do with me because I'm legally dead, but that just makes for more of a headache anytime I'm arrested." He sighed, "If I tell you the readers digest version will you lay off?"

Emma nodded.

"I recruited her," Dallas replied, "I recruited her into a resistance group. We were fighting Hitler part two. First I wanted her along cause we needed members, then it got a little more serious." He sighed again, "We had to break up because I didn't want her to get caught. I didn't want her to die along with me. So when I died I told her to get lost. That's something I've been regretting in all my lives since."

______________

"Burst took charge of the group now," Christina continued, "and she and Kevin had their disagreements. She thought he wasn't focusing enough on the Asylum 7 problem, but he insisted we'd take them down. Burst had the skills to lead, he said, and she'd find the holes in their perimeters before we knew it."

"Kevin was trying to leave the group, it was subtle I admit, but I could tell. And he wanted me out too." Christina's Tail dropped as she sighed, "We were planning to leave within the next few nights when the attack came. Canon's Military elite raided our hideout, most of us died before we knew what was happening, Me and Kevin tried to Get Burst out through the air ducts. We were able to escape on Kevin's motorcycle, unfortunately Burst and Kevin had been wounded pretty bad, Burst made it to the Hospital, Kevin didn't." She looked at Jubilee, "Just before he died I told him I'd wait for him. You know hat he said?" Jubilee shook her head. "Don't bother. Don't Bother! Like I'm not going to be welcome when he returns!" She sobbed.

"After that, I picked up and left. I was able to get Warren to make some calls. Some questions were brought up and eventually Asylum 7 was shut down. Unfortunately most of the mutants inside had already been 'reprogrammed'. They followed Canon back to Washington. He's probably still there. And Kevin… I've got my memories… and his Jacket." She said motioning to the garment she had lent to Jubilee.

"But you have more than that now!" Jubilee stammered, "In case you missed the events of the last few hours, Kevin Dallas is back at the house waiting for you!"

"He dumped me, and in one of the most callous ways too," she sniffed and them uttered, "Don't bother."

Jubilee nodded, in a strange way it made sense, " Maybe he didn't want you to hang around for him cause Asylum 7's group would be looking for him. Maybe you should give him a second chance. "

"Look, don't judge me!" She shouted, then she sniffed, "Sorry, this isn't easy." She stood up. "I'm going back inside." She remarked casually.

"Because you still want to see him?"

"No," She replied, "I'm hungry. If he's still there I'll talk to him, but I'm not promising that I'll stay."

Jubilee stood up and removed Christina's jacket. She handed it back to her friend.

"Thanks." Christina said.

"It's alright, I can survive 'till we get inside…"

Christina put her hand on Jubilee's shoulder, "Not that, for coming out here, for talking to me. Sometimes you need to talk to a person rather than just the animals."

Jubilee smiled and they headed back to the academy.

The End

________________________________________________________________________

The legal stuff: The Characters from Generation X and the concept of Mutants and are a product of Marvel comics and it's employees and are used without permission. Christina Laine is based off of the Samurai Spirits character Cham-Cham, Beyond that she's a character of my own creation.

Brought to you by the people at Conspiracies R' Us. If you feel left out on a conspiracy, we'll help you start one!


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page