GENERATION X: Wishmaker Part 2 written by Quamp


Generation X/Group X: “Wishmaker, part II”

(Front cover. The members of Generation X and Group X are fighting the troops of Seth.)

Cap (N): Snakelash!

(Page 1, panel 1. Group X plane. Lotus is talking alone to Wishmaker.)

Wishmaker: This has certainly been an eye-opening experience for me. I thought you heroes never had any fear.
Lotus: Fear is something that is part of our humanity. To deny it would be foolish. Fear helps keep us from doing foolish things.

(Panel 2.)

Wishmaker: So... you're really not that different from me.
Lotus: Not at all. What makes a hero a hero is doing the right thing at the right time in the right place. Sometimes, it can be simply picking up a piece of trash and throwing it into the garbage can.

(Panel 3. splash panel. Leave room for credits here. The teams are assembled, ready to go into the place.)

Lotus: Remember, he can't take your soul unless you let him do so.
Cap (N, episode title): A wish in the end...

(Page 2, panel 1. Group X and Generation X confront Seth and his minions.)

Cap (N1): Picking up where we left off,
Cap (N2): The sides have met.
Seth: It is over, spirit witch... this day, Seth will prevail and none shall stop me!

(Panel 2.) Seth: I have marked all of you for death, except for the two... this time, you will not get away...

Lotus: And you know I have the power to remove that mark of death...

(Panel 3. Seth and Lotus are face-to-face.)

Seth: You are like the gnat, woman... always buzzing around, getting in the way... but now, the fly swatter is upon you.

(Panel 4. Seth lashes out at Lotus, who turns into her spirit form. His hand passes through her.)

Seth: Turning intangible will not help you now!
Lotus: And your powers will not help you either.

(Page 3, panel 1. 1/2 panel page. The members of Generation X and Group X fight against the onslaught of Seth's geneti-troops.)

Seth: You will be destroyed!
Lotus: But not before I have finished my work here.

(Panel 2. Lotus sticks a spirit-form hand into Seth's head.)

Lotus: Let's try to stop the unpleasantness before it gets out of hand.
Seth: Not this time, woman... I have found a way to be immune to that power.

(Panel 3. Seth pulls out a metal shield, and strikes Lotus with it. Lotus goes flying backwards.)

SFX: POW!!
Cap (L1): What the --!?
Cap (L2): O.k., so I got a little overconfident.
Cap (L3): Divine One, he does not do your work.
Cap (L4): Help me do you work.

(Page 4, panel 1. Husk, now in a metallic form, Jubilee, and Synch are back-to-back fighting Seth's Geneti-troops. Synch is in synch with Jubilee, as both of them fire energy plasmoids as fast as they can.)

Synch: How are you holding up?
Husk: It's looking dark, Synch. There's too many of them!

(Panel 2. The White Queen kicks a geneti-trooper, sending him down. Banshee flies next to her.)

SFX: WHAM!
Banshee: Why aren't you using your psi-power?
Queen: They seem to have some kind of psi-shielding, Banshee. I can't get around it.

(Panel 3. Starshot and Bakerman fight side-by-side, unleashing a volley of laser fire and light disks.)

Bakerman: Just how many troopers are there?
Starshot: Too many, I fear.
Mirror: Unfortunately, we don't have an option in not fighting.

(Panel 4. Chamber blasts some troops, while Skin wraps up another trooper. Zero G concentrates, and some of the troopers fall, their bodies heavy to the ground. They are protecting Wishmaker.)

Zero G: Stay behind us, Wishmaker! We'll have them beaten back...
Wishmaker: No, Zero G. I have to act.

(Page 5, panel 1. Wishmaker speaks.)

Wishmaker: I wish you would go where you wouldn’t hurt anyone anymore, Seth!

(Panel 2. Suddenly, Isis and Osiris appear.)

Osiris: Seth! Why have you summoned me!?
Seth: Get out of here, brother! I have no need for you!

(Panel 3.)

Lotus: But we do. Your banishment of Seth has only turned him from picking on you to picking on the human race. He is a bully that needs a lesson taught to him by his older brother.

(Panel 4.)

Osiris: Sadly, you are correct, woman... my brother has been a plague upon mankind ever since our first creation...
Isis: In reading your minds, we can see how Seth has been a plague to mankind... He has used his power in a most unwise fashion.
Seth: (angered) You can’t be serious! I won’t allow this!

(Panel 5.)

Osiris: It is not yours to decide, Seth. You are coming back to Heliopolis... where we can lock you away forever.
Seth: [panicking] No! I refuse! You can’t do this to me!

(Panel 6. Seth, Isis, and Osiris vanish.)

Seth: NNNNOOOOOOO!!!

(Page 6, panel 1.Sonnos and Banshee sonically free everyone.)

Lotus: Well, now that the chief is gone, does anyone want to continue fighting?
Trooper: Curse you, witch! Without Seth’s leadership, we will falter!
White Queen: That, I believe, is the point.

(Panel 2. Later. The members of Generation X and Group X are in front of the Ember house in Venture Ridge. Wishmaker and her father are with them.)

Cap (N): Several hours later...
White Queen: Holly-Ann is a special girl, Mr. Ember. I feel it would be better for her to go to a place where she can be trained to use her mutant powers to help others, and to develop her as a person.
Sheriff: No. I don’t want my daughter in a situation where she could be killed or hurt. I feel she would be better off here in Venture Ridge, where I can keep an eye on her.

(Panel 3. Holly-Ann pleads with her father.)

Holly-Ann: Father, please... I’ve gotten to know them in these last few days, and they are truly kind-hearted people like us...
Sheriff: Holly-Ann, I’ve seen what evil mutants can do. I know what damage they can cause, and what pain they can inflict. Your mother is dead because of one. I don’t want that happening to you.

(Panel 4.)

Queen: I am sorry you feel that way.
Sheriff: Ms. Frost, don’t worry about her. I’ll see that she’s safe. I want her to concentrate more on her studies. She may join you someday - but only after she’s finished high school.
Banshee: We respect your decision, Sheriff Ember.

(Panel 5. Holly-Ann runs away, into the house.)

Holly-Ann: NO!!!

(Panel 6. Group X plane. Group X is taking Generation X back to their home.)

Cap (N1): And on the flight back to the academy,
Cap (N2): Generation X and Group X talk.)

Jubilee: The whole thing was totally bogus! She was like majorly cool, and I think she could have fit in well here.
Lotus: Making her wishes come true is a very dangerous mutant power, Jubilation. I can see why her father wanted to shelter her.

(Page 7, panel 1. In Mirror’s room, he and Penance sit. She is in his lap, he is in a chair.)

Mirror: We’ll be arriving at the academy soon.
Penance: Yes, so we’d better make good use of the time we have...

(Panel 2. The two of them kiss.)

Cap (N1): Love is a frail thing.
Cap (N2): So hold onto it while you can.

(Panel 3. The two of them part lips.)

Voice: (from off panel) We've arrived home, everyone. Come, we've got schoolwork to do.
Mirror: There's always a joyous sorrow to our love, isn't there?
Penance: I feel happily miserable about it too, Quinton.

(Panel 4. The academy front lawn. The members of Group X and Generation X are standing there.)

Lotus: Well, if you ever need our help, don't hesitate to call...
Banshee: Aye, and we'll be there when ye need us.

(Panel 5. Venture Ridge. Holly-Ann rushes into her room, where she sees one of Seth's Geneti-troopers.)

Trooper: Ah, Seth was right. You would return here. We have a place for you, girl.
Holly-Ann: [shocked] But you were defeated! The police took you all into custody!

(Panel 6. The geneti-trooper tries to grab Holly-Ann, who dodges him.)

Trooper: Seth's army is unconquerable. You are lying, girl.

(Page 8, panel 1. Holly-Ann rams the geneti-trooper with her shoulder, sending him into a wall.)

Holly-Ann: LEAVE ME ALONE!
SFX: WHAM!
Trooper: OOF!

(Panel 2. The trooper strikes Holly-Ann, sending her back.)

Trooper: Ah, getting feisty, are we? You're only delaying the inevitable.

(Panel 3. Holly-Ann jams a rat-tailed comb into the trooper's eye.)

SFX: JAM!
Trooper: DARGH!

(Panel 4. Enter Sheriff Ember. The trooper nurses his eye.)

Sheriff: Holly-Ann, please try to - what in the world?
Trooper: Now you have done it, child!

(Panel 5. Sheriff Ember strikes the trooper with a sucker punch, sending the trooper down.)

Sheriff: LEAVE MY DAUGHTER ALONE!!
SFX: WHAM!!

(Panel 6. Holly-Ann and Sheriff Ember embrace.)

Sheriff: Don't worry, Holly-Ann... it's all right now...

--End--


tigrrwildcat@hotmail.com
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page