BETRAYAL written by PenanceM

OK, this is my second fanfic and I have a few things to say. First this is a sequel to "Jubilation" even though I don't mention the main characters in that (Jubilee, Penance, My character Aura, and M) as much. In fact don't expect to see Aura or Penance at all. If you have not read it don't bother it was really bad and you don't need to understand this one. I felt the others needed a rest. Second Marvel owns all these characters. I am making no money. Third I'm sorry but in fanfic's I skip through people's views fairly quickly. That's just the way I write.

Continuity note: This takes place as if Onslaught and Zero Tolerance never happened. It starts 5 days after Paige came from her home. And The Andrienne thing never happened. Yet. I reserve the right to allow it to happen. Yet.

Betrayal.

That was the only way Paige Guthrie thought of it.

She had loved him. Loved him with her whole heart and soul and that British bastard treated her like dirt.

He had told her he loved her and when she came back he rejected her and went after Monet of all people. She had started going through cycles. First denial. When she finally accepted it she broke and now was on the verge of crying.

"You okay, Hayseed?" Jubilee voice broke through her thoughts stating the painfully obvious; " You look like you were about to cry."

Hesitantly Paige answered as though she thought of beating Jubilee's head into a wall.

"Ah'm okay Jubilee. Just need some rest. Ah'll be in mah room if anyone needs me." Paige answered as she got up and left.

When Paige got to her room she took out a piece of notebook paper from about a week ago. With the name "Jonothan Starsmore" wrote all over the inside of a heart. Smiling gleefully she drew a break in the heart and scrawled the words "DIE JONO" over the two sides.

Then she laughed.

<All I'm saying, mate, is that Paige thinks that I'm going to play this game with her and I'm sick of it. I try to tell her that when she comes home and she makes me feel like a blasted pillock. Then I try to be nice to Monet and help her out and she jumps down my throat for "flirting with her" like we were a couple. > Jonothan Starsmore telepathically "said" to his friend Angelo Espinona.

"Hey man, woman are trouble. Besides she has been acting a little weird lately…" Angelo's voice fade in remembrance of the training session where Paige husked into audamantium and threatened to kill one of the Danger Room's simulation when Banshee stopped her. The scary thing was the simulation was of Jono.

Silence washed over the room as Carmen Elektra ran to save a drowning child.

Angelo's voice broke the tense silence, "I wonder if she deliberately chooses a suit two sizes to small?"

As Angelo and Jono delved into a discussion of Baywatch, Sean and Emma talked of a certain girl in their pack of students in Sean's office.

"Paige tried to kill that double of Jono, Sean. I saw the hate and contempt that filled her eyes. She would have done it to if you hadn't stopped her." This would be Emma's voice. Icy yet filled with rage at the other headmaster that stood in front of her.

"You dinnae know that Emma. She said she was just angry with Jono for the way he treated her. It 'tis a normal thing for a teenage girl to let her personal feelings get in the way of their life. The lass said she was sorry. Wot more do ye need Emma?"

"She didn't mean it Sean. When she pronounced the words "I'm sorry" her voice was so flat and sarcastic it scared me. I feel the girl needs help. Lets get Beast in here and test her."

Sean wrestled with the thought of this, thinking how it might embarrass the girl. Then with a sigh he reluctantly caved in as he realized the danger that the other students might be in if Emma was right.

"Okay"

It was night. A stillness had descended The Massachusetts Academy that was not normally found due to the kind of students boarded there. Inside the basement slept Jonothan Evan Starsmore. Chamber. He very rarely managed to get a good night sleep and tonight would prove to be no exception.

Standing over his form, as he slept, was a shadowy figure watching as he slept. At first glance one might think it to be death. In reality it was much, much worse.

"So quiet, Jonothan. So deathly quiet." The figure whispered. It withdrew from its side a large knife and put it up to his "neck". Thinking better of it the figure went to the top of the stairs and glanced back.

"I will take away everything you hold dear, Jonothan Starsmore. Than, as I see you in all your despair I will laugh." The figure hefted the knife and threw it at Jono's "chest".

When Jono woke up he felt something lodged in the nuclear furnace where his chest should be. He looked down at his bandages and psionically screamed as he felt the energy inside him swell up and start to destroy the building. When the destruction stopped he lay unconscious in a pile of rubble and the figure laughed, blonde hair spilling down its shoulders.

Angelo Espinona was resting in his room talking to Everett Thomas. They were not the best of friends but very rarely did Jono show his face in the boy's dorm. As they talked about various things (i.e. Girls, what else?) when a psionic scream filled the air Everett covered his ears by reflex. A rumble filled the air as Chamber's bio-energy broke down the walls covering the boys in rubble.

Emma was getting ready to go to sleep when she heard the psionic scream. It ripped through her head like an ax. After it stopped She met Sean in front of the ruins of the school. Emma used her powers to locate students while Sean dug them out. After a grueling 15 minutes most of the kids were unearthed. Most were unconscious with the exception of Skin, and M. Suddenly Paige approached them.

"You should be dead! Dead, Dead, Dead, Dead!" She said in a shrill voice that reflected her wild hair and the pure rage filling her eyes.

"Paige, You don't need to act like this we love," Emma said before being interrupted by Paige's shrill voice.

"You don't love me. No one does. You all must die!!!," Her voice got shriller as more emotion filled it.

Before she could continue she was interrupted by Angelo's voice cutting through the sharp shrill of emotion being expressed by Paige.

"I love you."

Paige looked shocked as though the sound of Angelo's voice had knocked the wind out of her. Her eyes welled with tears at the realization of the words. She slowly and painfully spoke as if the three simple words had hurt her.

"Really?"

"I've always loved you Paige. From the day we played scrabble after your fight with Penance I have believed you to be the most beautiful women God saw fit to give to man." Angelo said these words with the conviction of a pastor. Every word true and beautiful.

Slowly M moved as if to advance on Paige when Angelo's tendrils curled around her.

"None of you will touch her! Paige and I are leaving. You may not give a damn about her but I do. And we are leaving this school." Angelo stated as they turned their backs and walked away dropping a now unconscious M onto the ground. As they disappeared into a car and drove away to a place far from the Academy, Banshee and Emma knew that no person on earth could stop them.

UP NEXT: 3 NEW STORIES SPIN OFF! HISTORY IS ERASED AND FROM THE ASHES THE STORY JUBILATION IS REBORN INTO A NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION! ARTIE AND LEECH GO INSANE AND CREATE A DIRE NEW FOE! AND FINALLY IN A NEW WORLD WHERE THIS STORY HAPPENED BUT JUBILATION NEVER DID PAIGE AND ANGELO GO ON A ROAD TRIP! PLUS JONO HAS A NEW GIRLFRIEND AND WHO IS IT? BE THERE FOR MY NEW SAGA. STARTING WITH WHATEVER THE HELL I FEEL LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WHEW! THAT’S A LOT OF EXPLANATION POINTS AND CAPS J)


tigrrwildcat@hotmail.com
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page