The Foxfire Trilogy:
Old Endings, New Beginnings Pt.2
By: Trax



Sean Cassidy sat slouched over his desk, the phone pressed to his ear.
"'Ello Kurt. Is Ororo there? ... Yeah I'll hold."
Seconds passed, Sean found himself chewing on the tip of a pencil.
"Ororo? Yeah we're fine. No," he chuckled. "Jubilee hasn't driven me crazy yet. We need you to come down the academy as soon as possible. We have a young mutant here that has some really powerful powers. We need you just in case her powers falre up here."
//What exactly are the child’s powers// Storm asked.
"We don't know what they are exactly. All we know is that is it centered around fire. As soon as we get her stabilized we'll run her through our Cerebro unit. ... Yeah, got it. We'll see you in the morning. Bye."

He hung up the phone and his head drifted down to the desk. "Why me ... Why me ...," he moaned.
There were a few knocks on his door," Sean can I come in?"
"Sure, Emma."
Emma pushed open the huge oak double doors with her back.
"It's 5 a.m., I didn't think that you'd be up," she said as she sat the serving tray on his desk. "Tea or Coffee?"
"Coffee. I called Storm over just in case, the child’s powers flare up again."
"Good idea," Emma said sipping her tea.
"I'm tired of it Emma," he said looking absently out the window.
"Excuse me?"
"I'm tired of it. Gateway, I mean." He turned his chair back around to face her. "I'm tired of him just dropping by whenever he thinks he should. First with Jubilee, then with Penance, and now with the girl! Not that I don't appreciate it, but this is too much," His voice barley audible, hardly above a whisper.
"Don't worry Sean. Gateway does his own thing, for reasons we can't possible understand." She got up and walked around to his left side. She whispered into his ear, "And if he harms OUR children in any way, he won't live to regret it. Mark my words, I'll kill him myself."
Gone were all the traces of the loving understanding Emma that was before him just moments ago. There stood the more familiar, more deadly Emma.
"Now," she huffed, "What time is Ororo arriving?"
"A-about seven," Sean stammered, shocked by Emma's sudden transformation.
She strolled across the room to the door, "Good, now go get some sleep," she commanded.
"Why me ... Why ...me?" his head drifted back down, to rest on his desk once more.



7:45am
"Geez, why do we have to get up?" Jubilee whined. "I mean, its not like we've never seen 'Ro before. Not like it'll kill us if we don't see her this evening. When I was with the X-Men, we never EVER had to get up this early. Well except when Scott was on his early morning Danger Room training trip ..."
"Be quiet, Lee, my head hurts," Angelo complained.
"No I won't be quiet. I just DON'T get up this early, it's, like, against the "Rules of Lee" or sumptin."
"She's late," Monet said looking at her watch.
"I'm missing my workout," Paige said.
"Really Hayseed, would it kill you if you didn't see Cindy Crawford's skinny mug every morning?"
"Look there she is," Everett pointed to the driveway.
Storm pulled up in a navy blue Explorer. She parked the vehicle and got out. Jubilee ran to her hugging he about the waist," 'RO where'd you get the ride?"
"I rented it Jubilation," Storm then walked around to the passenger side and opened the door.
"Hi fleshlings," Marrow said as she stepped out of the Explorer," Happy to see me?"
"What is SHE doing here," Emma asked obviously disgusted.
"I thought that SARA could use a little ... fresh air. Why are you concerned?" Storm challenged.
"Yes, concerned for my students' safety."
""I assure you that SARA has changed, she is an X-Man now."

"Oooooo, things are getting scary around here," Angelo commented.
"Cat fight," Jubilee added.

"She's a cold-blooded killer. She murdered countless INNOCENT humans in that disco, or don't you remember that?" Emma retorted.
"I remember that night, Emma, but we must not forget that I am ALSO a killer. I tried to kill SARA myself, or have you forgotten also."
"Well then you shouldn't be in the X-Men either, let alone the LEADER of them."

"Oh no she didn't go there," Jubilee said rolling her neck.
"Oh yes she did," Everett answered.
"Pretty, Pretty's gonna get it," Marrow said shaking her head.

"Then what makes you so qualified, Mrs. Emma Frost," Storm countered.
"I ... well ... that is ..." Emma stammered.

"Score one for the Stormster," Angelo said making a tally in the air.

Sean picked that time to intervene, "Good evening Ororo, I hope that nothing has happened in my absence," he said looking at Emma, "Oh I see that you brought Sara with you."
"Yes Sean, I thought that Sara might want to see the Biosphere while I looked at the mutant girl. She has never seen anything like it," Storm said smiling at her longtime friend."
"Ahh, Paige, could you show Sara around the Biosphere?"
"Yes Sir," Paige said sounding perfect as usual. She motioned for Marrow to follow her as she headed towards the Biosphere. Sara rolled her eyes and followed reluctantly
"Jubilee, Everett, and Angelo--you are free to spend the day as you choose. Sean--I will talk to you later,"Emma forced a smile to play across her lips. "We will in the med-lab if you need us."
"Good, I'm going back to sleep," Jubilee yawned.



The walk across the campus was set in relative silence, except for the steady sound of footsteps.
"So ... um ... you'er Sam's ... err ... Cannonball's little sister," Marrow said slowly, twirling a bonedagger.
"Yeah me and Sam are really close," Paige said noticing the tenseness in Sara's voice.
"What was his last girlfriend like," not noticing her words until they were out, "I ... mean ... do you think he'll like me?" She nervously smoothed her hair back, revealing a bone that began to grow out the side of her head.
"Well I don't know, his last girlfriend was Tabitha over at X-Force. She messed him up pretty badly, got with Roberto awhile back," Paige explained.
"Oh ..." Marrow trailed off.
Moments later they arrived at the Biosphere entrance. The doors "swooshed" open, as they entered.
"This is the schools interactive Biosphere. It's completely self-contained and needs no human interference. It has a variety of ecosystems, ranging from green plains to tropical rain forests. This is basically our to the Danger room." Sounding very similar to a brochure.

Sara was awed at the spectacular sight before her. The giant lush trees towered over her, flowers of all colors surrounded the base of the trees. The lush green grass stretched in every direction, ending at the walls. Thousands, maybe even millions, of sounds assaulted her ears. The birds high overhead squawked and screeched, the insects buzzed around her ears and the sound of a bubbling, rushing creek in the distance. She flashed back to her days as a child; those days before the X-men, before Gene Nation, before the Hill, all the way back to the Sewers.
"Nanna, would love this ..." she whispered. A single, solitary tear swelled up in her eye.
"What?" Paige asked.
Suddenly jolted back to the present by the knowledge of another, "Nothing," she said sadly. "Do you mind if I can stay here for awhile ... alone."
"No ... no, not at all," Paige answered recognizing the sadness in Sara's voice. "If you need any help I'll be in the control room." She turned and left the Biosphere.

Sara lifted her face to the sky, letting the sun wash over her, rinsing away the dirt and grime of every day life. Slowly she walked in the direction of the river. When she reached it she turned upstream and began her journey anew. Soon she arrived at is source, a small pond with a looming waterfall looming over the top of it. She squatted at the water's edge and gracefully dipped her face in the cool, crisp waters. She then threw her head back, splashing water everywhere. The water felt good against her rugged, battle scarred skin.
"This is the place from Nanna's dreams. This is the place from her stories," She said quietly, "If only she were alive to see it."
Suddenly her moment of serenity was shattered by a rustle in the bushes. Movements carved out of countless battles and sharpened instincts erupted from the young mutant. In one smooth motion she had two daggers in each one her hands and was facing the direction of the noise," That you Fleshlings?"


To be continued....

Wondering who Nanna is, well check out my upcoming Marrow fanfic!!!!!


Generation X and all X-Men are property of Marvel comics and are being used without their permission. However this story, Nanna, and the Unknown mutant are mine, please don't place this story in whole or in part on your webpage without my permission. ThanX -Trax


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page