The Foxfire Trilogy:
Old Endings, New Beginings Pt.1
By: Trax



The sun shone down on the lush green campus of the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. The cool, crisp, wind danced with the leaves as they flew over the grass. In the Biosphere the students and teachers were enjoying a day of relaxing.

"I still don’t know why we can't use our powers. When I was with the X-Men..."Jubilee said between serves.
"We don't use our powers," Angelo interrupted, "because M would murder one of us everytime she spiked the ball."

Jubilee served the ball and Angelo jumped up, spiking the ball. It bounced off of Everett's head.
"Point!!" Angelo yelled.
"I don't think so, I thought we were playing three-touch!!!" Jubilee screamed back.
"No way , chica! You never told me that we were playing three-touch," he retorted.
Jubilee quickly stomped over to the net, to continue the conversation. "We always play three-touch!"
Angelo also met her at the net, "Since when!"
"Since forever, DOPE!!!"
Everett and Monet were now standing next to one another. Monet sat down, indian-styled, and floated a few feet above the ground, a look of exasperation plastered across her face.
"I give up," Everett sighed. He left the court and walked over to Emma, Sean, Paige, and Jono.

::Here comes Ev:: Jono said.
"Aye, it seems like Jubilee and Angelo have started arguing again, "Sean said flipping the burgers.
Everett plopped down next to Paige on the bench.
"What’s wrong Ev?" she said looking up from her book, "Anthem" by Ayn Rand.
"Well..."
Suddenly the air began to crackle and sound of tearing fabric filled their heads. Lightning swirled out of nowhere, high above the barbecue pit.
"Gateway?" Sean muttered.
A ball of white-hot flame shot out of the lightning circle, and crashed into the pit.
The explosion threw everyone, at the picnic table, to the ground.
"Synch," Sean commanded.
"On it sir," synch said.
Synch reached out with his aura, and tried to grasp the signature of the unknown mutant.
"Sorry, it’s a no-go. She's way out of control. I can't grab on to it."
"Emma?"
"I'm trying to coax her powers." Emma expanded her mind, encasing the mind of the mutant.
"She's out of control. She's suffered some kind of mental trauma ... similar to ..."
"Just hurry, the whole 'sphere could burn down any minute," he yelled over the flames. He and Everett were trying to snuff out the flames using their sonic wails, while Chamber was using his Psionic blast to do the same. Husk was trying form after form, searching for one impervious to the flames.
Instantly all the flames were covered in a white mist. When the cloud had finally disappeared all eyes were turned towards it's source.
"Whaaaat?" Jubilee whined. "You remember what happened the last time Banshee barbecued, he almost burned all our eyebrows off."
Everyone just looked at her.
"Aww, ferget it." Jubilee dropped the fire extinguisher and walked over to the group.
"What should we do with her?" Paige asked.
"I'm not sure, be we need to gether to the infirmary as soon as possible."

To be continued....


So how did you like it? Sorry it's so short but I promise it will get better. Send any comments to trax_5@hotmail.com.Generation X is property of Marvel Comics, they are being used without permission. This is only for entertainment purposes only.


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page