"NEW GENERATION" CHAPTER 2: CLARICE By Dan Dupuis

WESTERLY, RHODE ISLAND Clarice Fergunson had been here, for what seemed like forever. She couldn’t explain what was wrong with her. All she remembered was that last night, she went to her bed, as usual, with her father’s kiss on the forehead goodnight. When she awoke, she had greeted her father in his room, and was scared, when her father began chasing after her, with his twelve gauge shot gun. He chased her around the house, until she ran out of the house. That’s when she saw some of her father’s friends. She was sure they’d calm down her father. She always recognized her father’s friends. They always wore the pins that read FOH. Fifteen year old Clarice knew it stood for Friends of Humanity, but she wasn’t sure what exactly that was. She didn’t know that the Friends of Humanity, were actually a group who’s main objective was to rid the world, or what they considered, the mutant menace. She didn’t know this, and still ran right to them, expecting help. When she saw the expression on their face, she knew they wouldn’t help. She knew it was too late, and turned around, to run in an opposite direction. She didn’t see one of the men throw a fist into her skull. When Clarice awoke, she realized she was in her own basement, chained to the bottom stairs. She knew that the chains were made of a strong metal. She figured her father used them on whatever he brought down here. She had figured why her father had attacked her. She had changed. She glanced at a mirror that was held down there, and saw that her skin was now a lavender color, and now she had these strange markings, that were below her eyes. She figured out she was a mutant, and that her father’s friends, the Friends of Humanity, were just a bunch of raciest bigots, who tried to kill mutants. She realized that sooner or later, her own father would kill her. She struggled against the chains, but it did no good. The chains held her down tightly, as she saw her father came down the stairs, holding a belt, and she knew it was time for her beatings. She struggled harder, hoping to break free of her bondage. Hoping to get free before he father could deliver the daily beatings. My own daughter. A god damn mutie. He snapped the belt, which made Clarice wince. She knew what pains were to come soon, and she knew that she could do nothing to prevent it. I’m gonna see if I can beat some of that mutant out of ya. He raised the belt and before he could make contact with the already beaten skin of Clarice, she rang out with a deathly scream. Her eyes rang out with pure power, as her father reeled in pain. He screamed louder than he has ever screamed before. It was just after he had screamed, that the world surrounding Clarice soon blackened, as her unconscious body slumped to the ground. When Clarice awoke, she found she was in a pool of blood. She checked herself for injuries, and noticed that she had no signs of damage on her body. She glanced towards her side, and screamed in distress. There lying, in several different pieces, was her father. She realized it was her own ability that had destroyed her father. It had moved his body parts into different order, leaving him in a mess. It was then that she swore never to use her mutant abilities again. She realized her powers had also broken the chains. Not sure of what to do, Clarice ran up the stairs, heading for the door. As she reached the door, a man appeared. He was a man, and yet, he wasn’t a man. He had the facial figures of a man, but his skin was golden, like metallic, and his body was inproportional to his face. In other words, his body was too big for his head. Subject: Fergunson, Clarice. Mutant ability: To perform spacial teleportation at the molecular level. Apprehend, and take back to collective. The words of Harvest were cold. He saw what another freak had done to an innocent human, glancing at the mutilated body of Mr. Fergunson. He extended a hand towards Clarice, and quickly grabbed the frightened girl, knowing she was too terrified over this recent occurrence to even try to put up a fight. She was, now, another captured mutant of the Phalanx.

End Chapter 2


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page