WATCH OUT GENERATION X, HERE COMES LONDON! Part 3 - Interim written by Flonnua7a and L'il Horn


**My apologies for the lateness of this, but I’ve been procrastinating lately and my teachers have suddenly barraged me with tons of homework. Anyway, Gen.X do not belong in anyway or form to me, they are property of Marvel. Or Toybiz. Whatever . The Kellys do, but who cares..**

note: "" donates speech ‘’ donates thought {} donates telepathic speech

 

Gloria set down the phone with a click.

"Is that yer ‘one phonecall’?"

"But it was en-"

The police-man grabbed her shoulder forcibly and pulled her away from the payphone on the wall of the local cop-shop.

"Tough-shit. Really. Now sit down."

The over-weight (Sweaty, hairy, smelly and generally d-i-s-g-u-s-t-i-n-g.) Officer lead Gloria way from the pay-phone, opened the door of the small cell and roughly chucked her in.

"But the number was en-"

"I care. Really." The fat (sweaty etc.)-cop said flatly and shut the door with a loud thud.

{So?}

Gloria raised her eyes off her purple Dm’s to look around the array of faces that stared at her from inside the small, dark cell. She twisted one edge of her mouth upwards into a small sort-of-smile and shrugged her shoulders.

"Her mobile was turned off."

"WHAT?!" Jubilation Lee threw her arms into the air and fell back against the hard stone wall. The rest of the group joined in with simultaneous groans.

"Wow. The one time we need her she’s not looking over our shoulders." Angelo muttered into his well worn in jeans that he had tucked underneath his chin.

"So.. does that mean we have to stay here?" Paige implored raising her head from her hands and looking desperately around the dark room in fear.

"Just my friggin’ luck.. not only have I got to be arrested.. but I have to share a friggin’ cell with you lot.." Eve grumbled into her fingers, apparently unaware she had said it aloud. Every face in the room turned to glare coldly at her, excepting her sister who just ignored her and played with her fingers.

{Just how, exactly did we all end up in the same cell together anyway?}

"Talk about yer friggin’ goddamn coincidences."

 

 

 

45 minutes ago

"C’mon Jono, hurry up! I have three sisters and they all spend less time getting dressed than you do!"

Gloria tapped her foot outside the small changing cubicle (The only thing protecting Jonothon’s modesty was a small, dirty piece of curtain.) and waited (impatiently) for Jono to emerge from it.

{Alright already.. ya friggin’…} he muttered to himself while throwing on the T-shirt.

"I heard that..!"

{There.. happy can wee go now?}

Jono came out of the changing room wearing a large white T-short with the words ‘Satan is nice’ neatly written on the front with felt-pen and a small, horned smiley face staring out at her. Gloria smiled at her choice and grabbed him by the arm.

"Okay, lets go."

{But..}

"Don’t worry, I paid for it. It was cheap as well."

{Would that be the felt-pen writing or the rip in the seam?}

Gloria grinned and walked him out of the shop.

"You have much to learn young Pad-oo-wan"

 

Gloria and Jonothon milled about in front of the large monument in the centre of Piccadilly circus, Gloria nibbled on one of the hot, salty chips she had bought from a street seller and let the warm potato heat up her mouth.

"Pass the coke." She mumbled through a large mouthful of fried potato and took the large bottle politely off Jonothon before swigging it down in a less than ladylike manner.

"Oooh, that’s good." She wiped her mouth on the sleeve of her black cardigan. She looked at Jonothon a little self-consciously.

"Oh, um, sorry I just like chips a lot." She muttered before breaking into a wide grin.

"Oh, well, what next?"

{We could go see a movie?}

"In a really big cinema?"

Jonothon raised an eyebrow.

{Uh…. Okay.}

" Sorry, I just…. Uh.. like big cinemas a lot. Any other ideas? C’mon we’re eighteen, there’s bound to be loads of stuff we can do." Gloria resisted the urge to pout. She wished she had some form of id. To get her in … places.

{Uhhh...... take a driving test?} he said with slightly more confusion in his.. uh… voice.

"*sigh* you know we’re of legal age to do just about everything here y’know." Gloria muttered to herself, leaning her glumly head in her fists and wondering why eighteen sounded a lot better at twelve.

{I’m perfectly aware of that. I live here, remember?}

Gloria paused for a moment then released her breath.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." She smiled apologetically, which took more effort than it looked and wrapped her head up in her hands. She looked up past her eyelashes at Jonothon.

"Is that police officer staring at us?"

Jonothon looked up from Gloria’s rather depressed face and noticed that a tall, thin police officer was walking towards them.

{Maybe he’s just....uh.... going to ask the time?}

Gloria and Jonothon raised their eyes up (Wayyy up) to look the tall police officer that was staring harshly down at them in the eye.

{Putting on the mute act gel.} Jonothon mind.. talky.. thingyed.. in her ear. Gloria nodded in agreement with her compadre.

"*achem* children." The tall police officer coughed and leaned over them, accentuating the fact that he was already a mildly scary 6"3. He peered down his nose at the two freaky young-adults. Gloria looked up innocently over her glasses and blinked her large light-blue eyes at him.

"Hello." She answered tonelessly back.

"Oh, American are you?" he said distastefully.

"He ain’t." Gloria jerked her thumb in Jono’s direction and threw another chip into her mouth. He nodded, winked and gave her the thumbs up. Gloria suddenly heard laughing in her head. The police-guy scowled and grabbed Jono be the arm.

"Right, that’s it. I’m arresting you for ..uh.. public order offences!"

Gloria jumped up and grabbed Jono’s other arm.

"You WHAT?! We were just sitting here in peace, eating our fries.. or chips whatever… what the hell are you-"

The police-guy grabbed Gloria by the arm with his free hand and nodded towards Jonothon’s T-shirt.

"That .. and you pissing off a police officer."

Gloria struggled indignantly.

"Wha?!!!"

"damn tourists…."

 

 

NOW

"you got arrested for wearing a T-shirt?!"

"Must’ve been a slow day, what with all the murders and everything." Gloria said sourly, while Jonothon held his head in his hands trying to hide the London branch police form issue T-shirt he was wearing.

"Ha! now that’s funny!" Jubilee leaned over and grabbed her stomach to hold in her laughter. Gloria and Jonothon raised their eyes from their feet to glare at her stonily.

"What?"

"Well, if that’s so funny, how did you get in here Lee?" she sneered.

"Ummmm…"

45 minutes ago

"Hey! No fair! I beat you but you.. you… cheater!!"

Jubilee threw her arms over her head and yelled at the taller, older man standing next to her by the Tekken booth. He grinned, thoroughly amused, at his teeny (to him) opponent.

"Ha ha! the boys fought the girls and the boys won!" He raised his arms over his head, similarly, and danced in a little circle, still laughing. Jubilee stuck out her lower lip and put her hands firmly on her hips.

"Quit it!"

The boy ( who must’ve been, at least, nineteen) stuck his tongue out at Jubilee, waved his hands around his face and keeled over in hysterics.

"You Americans are soo dern cute!" He squealed, putting on his best American mommy voice. He turned around and slapped Ev. on the back.

"Hey, mate, better not get this one angry right?!"

Everett shifted a little uncomfortably as the eyes of the ,equally as freakish, but not as loud ,arcade dwellers fixed on Jubilee, her tormentor and him. Jubilee straightened her back and threw her head in the air in frustration, which just made the older boy grab his stomach, crease up his face and hoot with juvenile laughter. He leaned his hands on his legs and looked up at Jubilee again.

"C’mon sweetheart, it’s only a bit of fun!"

Jubilee just glared at him. Everett turned around again. The eyes of the store were still upon them, and something was moving very fast in their direction. Big. Blue. Bearded. Oh dear.

"*Achem*"

a strong hand grabbed Jubilee’s shoulder firmly. She felt her blood run cold. Not for the first time. the boy who was laughing looked up from his hysterics and stopped dead. His face went pale and he pulled himself up to his full height (which was about 6"2). Jubilee slowly swilled round and looked the grabber-of-shoulder in the eye.

"Umm.. hello officer." She managed weakly.

"Now, would you like to come along nicely or are we going to have a scene."

"I.. uh.. i.. I mean… I.." Jubilee stammered, following the guard hand, still gripped to her shoulder and leading her out of the shop.

Everett bit his lip and meekly slinked out of the shop after them.

Now

"So, that was interesting. Who knew Jubilee had a penchant for violence?" Gloria muttered dryly and quietly to no-one in particular.

"Shut-up Gloria." Eve Kelley muttered bitterly into her pink sleeve while twisting a long strand of gum around one finger.

Gloria glared at her little sprite of a little sister.

"Shut-up Pandora." She said with unusual venom.

‘Great. A bitch fight is just what we need right now.’ Jonothon rolled his eyes, about the only thing he had to do to show some sort of….. nastiness.

"I saw that."

{Sorry.}

Gloria sighed and leaned her head against the wall.

"That’s okay." She said quietly.

"I can’t take this anymore!!" Paige jumped off her seat to the amazement of the others.

"I admit it! I can’t take the silence! C’mon! c’mon people!!"

45 Minutes ago.

"Angelo, I think we’ve gotten off the main street. This looks like the financial district or something." Paige looked at her pocket sized map and then looked back up at the long, empty street they were walking down and then back at her Map.

"Okay…."

"Don’ worry about it chica. Geez, it’s not like it’s south central or anything. This place is full of friggin’ bankers." Skin whipped a cigarette expertly out of his pocket and placed it neatly in his mouth.

"Angelo.." Paige glared at the smoke puffing from his mouth.

"What?!" Angelo raised an eyebrow and kept puffing, " Friggin’ safety nazis……."

Paige raised an eyebrow again but let it drop as the noises of something less like a financial district and more like Woodstock drifted in their direction. She looked around the empty street for some source to it.

Angelo looked around him and a smile spread across his face.

"Know what that sounds like chica?"

"I’m not sure I want to."

A large police van drove quickly down the street with several smaller cars behind it. Paige gulped, she wasn’t sure she wanted to turn the next corner.

"C’mon Paige, the next generation of X-men an’ you’re too scared to walk down a street." He snorted sarcastically.

The reached the end of the street and Paige gasped. Spilling everywhere were young adults and students of every possible kind. They comprised a massive throng of people choking the street. Everywhere! Angelo grinned. Kewl.

"Riot!"

A tall, spiky hared youth was spat out from the crowd and turned to face the two younger, kids.

"Hey, kewl! You came a bit late for the protest."

"Wha..?"

He grabbed Paige’s hand and grinned at her.

"Hey!"

 

Now

Jubilee’s mouth feel open as Paige finally stopped telling the rest of the Gen. X’ers her tale. (somewhat tearfully.)

"You… you.. Paige Guthrie were arrested for…… lemme get this straight…. rioting?!"

"You lucky bitch!"

Everett grinned and looked over to Angelo, who seemed less guilty over their little bout of anti-establishmentarianism.

"And I suppose Mr. Espionosa had no qualms about joining in?"

"Hey, it brought back one of the few happy memories."

Gloria propped her head up and pouted miserably.

"I was stuck in dumb oxford street when I could’ve been rioting.. life’s a drag…"

{Don’t worry gel, I’ll start one just for you when we get home.}

"Shut-up."

"You know. We still haven’t got into contact with Emma. We could be stuck here for a while." Everett spoke up.

"Well that’s a cheery thought. What’s worse, being here all night, or suffering the wrath of Emma Frost and being grounded till we’re collecting our pensions."

Gloria pointed out. Being slightly more optimistic than usual.

"Naw, ah think our parents ground us till we’re dead."

Everett bit his lip and looked a little nervous all of a sudden.

"Um.. what time is it..?"

Gloria checked her watch.

"Fiveish. Why?"

"Weren’t we supposed to meet the Frosts at four?"

"Oh dear god."

 

1 hour earlier

"Hhmp"

Emma Frost crossed her arms over her white leather Prada jacket and tried to ignore the wide smirk on the face of her older sister behind her. She peered up and down the long street and carefully examined the faces and minds of all the passers by.

"They’re probably just late." She mumbled under her breath. Adrienne said nothing but smiled gleefully at the folly of her sister.

‘little brats.’

"Heheh." She laughed nervously and pushed her ash blonde hair behind her ear.

‘I’ll ground those little shits till they hit the menopause.’

"heheh."

Adrienne smirked.

Now

"Omigawd. We’re gonna die. Ms. Frost is gonna kill us." Paige’s face went pale and she ran her fingers through her light blonde hair in a very distraught manner.

"What’s with this ‘we’ thing? I intend to get as far away from Frost when she finds out as possible. Like Honolulu or Mississippi.." Gloria trailed off when she realised her fate was as sealed as everyone else. Plus, she didn’t particularly want to hide in the back of beyond for the rest of her life.

Monet brushed her nails off casually.

"I don’t know. Has Ms. Frost ever really disciplined us for anything we’ve ever done before? Adrienne maybe, but we don’t have to obey her."

"Touché." Paige rolled her eyes.

45 minutes ago

" Ahh, Monet, Monet, Monet."

"are you just going to repeat my name irritatingly or are we getting somewhere?"

Monet St. Croix narrowed her eyes coldly sat the grinning English girl sitting across from her slurping on a large Mc-Donald size cherry coke. Monet set down her own latte and lifted an eyebrow.

"well?"

Laura giggled.

"C’mon Monet! Lighten up!"

she set down her coke, grabbed Monet’s hand and set for the door.

"My coffee..!" Monet made a grab for her delicious caffineated friend and tried to control herself from using her super strength to rip Laura’s arm off and plow her way back to her drink. But that would be out of character. Per-se.

"You can afford another one!"

"Hmpp."

They were out on the main crowded University street and making their way towards another café. She giggled again. Strangely irritating, Monet thought, but not as annoying as one might think. She gave another dry laugh.

"hey!" Laura’s eyes lit up and her finger pointed towards something.

" Jimmy Rawk’s tattoo parlour, if I wasn’t so horrified I would be running away." Monet commented dryly as her acquaintance grinned crazily. Anyway, how were you supposed to explain that the needle couldn’t pierce through her super strong skin? She sighed and let her drag her into what seemed like a dark, definitely unhygienic corridor.

There was a strange whirring noise and many scantily dressed a middle aged women hanging around some fat, mullet headed middle aged men in byker costumes.

"Gross."

Monet lifted her lip up and didn’t bother to notice her lack of sardonic or patronising vocabulary.

"C’mon! I want a sixty-two!"

Laura grabbed Monet’s hand again and ran through a cloud of pleasant smelling smoke to a small display cabinet. She pointed her finger to a small Chinese symbol.

"You know that will still be smeared on your body when they’ve long gone out of fashion."

"Oh, don’t be so pedantic Monet."

Monet raised an eyebrow but promptly shut-up.

"Number sixty-two? Alright siddown." A fat guy pulled out a dirty needle and pointed it at the blonde girl’s arm.

"ALLRIGHT! EVERYBODY STAND IN THE CORNER!"

Monet span around to see a large group of Police men dressed in full riot garb storming into the small room with… batons. Someone grabbed her arm from behind and tied her hands up in handcuffs. Breaking out would be a moot point, she supposed. Unless she wanted to get sacrificed in the middle of London.

"Allraght, yuir comin’ with me young lady."

"Oh dear shit."

Now

There was the sound of high heels clapping loudly outside the cell door. All heads snapped up and watched the door being thrown open and a rather angry white Queen standing in silhouette in the doorway. The quiet sound and stench of terror filled the small room.

"Shoplifting?! Public disturbances?! Wearing offensive material?! Rioting?! Drugs?!"

Terrified silence.

"You’re all Grounded!!!"

 

45 minutes ago

A long, slender, warm finger threw a c.d. down in it’s rack and trawled it’s way huffily through all his round, shiny brothers. The offender flicked her light blonde hair over her shoulder and shrugged her shoulders.

‘Hmppp. Leave me in HMV., will they? Dump me in a shop all by my lonesome. Pheff.’

Eve Kelley flicked through the crowed cds racks huffily and avoided the unbearably hot swarm of people, moving in mass along the street. Suffocating. Germy. Ugh.

‘Some family.’

She pouted. Eve flicked a c.d. over with some gusto, scowled angrily at the little clear piece of plastic (Plastic, what are cds made of anyway?) and flicked it over again violently.

‘Hrmmm?’

A small package caught her eye. New, cool, tuneful. She checked the back. Ah. Expensive., and she had no money. In fact, she had no money full stop.

‘Story of my life, Hrm?’

She raised one well plucked blonde eyebrow carefully. A-ha. she peered carefully at the little box. There was one way she could have it. She hadn’t done it before. Much.

Eve carefully, opened one edge of her cardigan carefully. She checked around. The shop was too busy for anyone to notice her. She carefully popped in into one of the internal pockets of her cardi, closed it quickly and quickly stepped away from the rack.

There over done. No harm, right?.

Eve quickly walked straight towards the door, carefully dodging any guards. She pulled the great glass slab open and darted out the door quickly.

‘Phew. At least that’s over.’

Eve leaned against the wall of the store and took a deep breath.

Wrong. A strong sweaty hand grabbed her arm firmly. Eve got ready to scream.

"Excuse me young lady, could you step inside for a moment?"

Now

Ms .Frost had signed and negotiated her way out of any impending fines with some handy telepathy. She wanted to deal with the kids on her terms. The kids, now silent adolescents walked silently to the people carrier. Adrienne was seated inside with a small half smile threatening her blank expression. Emma plowed into the drivers seat and started the car silently.

"Mz. Frost?" After ten minutes of painful still, Paige spoke up quietly.

" Save it, Paige."

Paige receded into the back of the car and stayed silent the rest of the drive home.

"You may go out of your room to get drinks and food, but you way not leave the hotel."

Emma spoke for the second time since the excruciating car journey as she closed her door behind her. All of them stood awkwardly in the hotel hallway. Silently.

Jubilee sighed and the rest of her body followed the movement.

"She didn’t even yell at us."

She looked down at her trainers and pouted.

"I feel like crap." She mumbled into her chest.

Gloria bit her lip and stared at the door Emma had just left through. Yep. Crap was just about adequate for how she was feeling about now. Except maybe she felt more like crud.

"My mom does that when she’s too disappointed to yell at us."

Eve put her hand on her hips and pouted angrily.

"Yea, well maybe if she didn’t want us to get in trouble she should’ve taken proper care of us instead of just throwing us out on our own."

She flicked her blonde pony tail over her shoulder and adjusted her cardigan defiantly.

" I find myself agreeing with Eve. Apart from maybe Paige and Everett, what reasons does she have to trust us?" Monet tilted her head up and followed Eve’s hair flicking.

"That isn’t the point. The point is she did trust us. For whatever strange, demented reasons she has. And we let her down. I mean…… in front of her sister and everything…" Gloria fiddled with her sleeves and looked around nervously.

"If it helps, pretend Paige said that."

Eve raised an eyebrow in a way very similar to Gloria and lent on her hip.

"Since when were you little Miss teacher’s pet? What are you a skrull or something ?"

"You don’t even know what a skrull is Demon-sprog."

Eve balled her hands into fists.

"I do so!!"

"Shut-up! Just shut-up and go to bed!" Jubilee grabbed Gloria by the shoulder and yanked her away from her sister.

"Yea. We’re grounded anyway." Everett mumbled as he trailed off into his room with Jono and Skin.

 

NEXT: WHO KNOWS?!


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page