HOT WIRES AND AWKWARD SITUATIONS Part 4 written by Little Horn and Flonnua7a


Disclaimer: these characters are not property of mine ( thank God.). Except Gloria and Eve Kelly and that girl. They belong to Marvel. The w******ers. Anyhoo F1onnua7a is a much better writer than that bitch Little Horn. We apologise for any English or Irish slang.. No rude E-mails please. I’m British(?) Technically.( I live with my parents.) Up yours. L

 

Eve stopped to wipe the sweat from her forehead, which was running into her eyes, blurring her sight .

" Is this enough ?"

" No . Keep going . "

Eve seriously felt like punching her PE teacher, Mr Corsi or whatever his name was . He had been pushing her powers to the limit and them some for the past fifteen minutes .

" All right Eve that’s enough ."

Thank god for that . Her mutant power to ‘shrink and grow’ was one that she really thought she could do without . She had gone from twenty foot tall to the size of a lima bean twice and she was absolutely exhausted .

" Interesting ."

"What ?"

" Siblings usually have similar powers , but yours are as different as night and day ."

He had enough tact not to question whether or not they actually were sisters .

" I think I have some sort of idea for a code name ."

She sighed, thinking like any sane person how nerdy having a code name would be .

" I was thinking along the lines of , say, the shrinking violet ?"

Eve nearly fainted .

"No way am I gonna take that name !" She exclaimed loudly . Louder than she expected, because her hand shot up to her mouth . Corsi said nothing but she could see from the look on his ace that he didn’t, and propably never would like her .She sighed . That was nearly all of the student body that she had managed to make an enemy of . What, was she starting on the faculty now ?

The girl looked dubiously at Gloria, and then returned her eyes to the interesting, brown and yellow, vomit textured slabs of concrete on the floor. She wiped her eyes with the rough edged back of her sleeve. Gloria politely handed her a tissue from the bag next to her. ‘JUBILATION LEE’ was written on it with black marker. He girl gave a few pathetic sniffles and then eyed Gloria for a reaction. She gave up.

" So . . . . .shouldn’t you be in class?" The girl aimed it like a challenge. Gloria sighed.

"No actually, I’ve got study period and I’d excused myself to the library. There are massive holes in my timetable anyway."

" Oh." She sighed., deflated. She had been hoping to get a reaction. Maybe the girl was an alien. She decided to strike up a conversation instead.

" So . . . . .What’s your name?"

" Gloria, Gloria Kelly. Yours?"

" Carmen Patel. Kelly . . . . . .As in Eve Kelly?"

Gloria looked at the frightened expression on the girls face. She was a lot bigger than Eve and the girl was probably thinking that she was the type of older sister that fought all the battles.

"Don’t worry, I hate her as much as the next man. If not more."

" * Phew * "

" Sooooo . . . . .What’s your story?"

Carmen looked at her in bewilderment.

" Pardon?!"

" I mean, * achem * Why are you here, where are you from excetera, excetera . . . . ?"

Gloria drifted off mid-sentence as she realised the other girl was glaring at her. Carmen flicked her hair indignantly over her shoulder.

" I come from New York, I came here because my parents couldn’t stand the sight of me round the house. Plus my old boarding school was a little too close to home for them. Happy?"

Gloria shifted around uncomfortably. The girl, Carmen, appeared either to be very annoyed at her very presence, or covering up for being upset. Gloria shoot a look at her. She sniffled pathetically again.

" What’s your story then?"

" I got accepted into the school as I’m a mutant and this is really a secret training ground for the second generation of X-men."

Carmen smiled at her, clearly amused " Yea, and I’m in the b-team of Charlie’s Flippin’ Angels."

Gloria laughed . Well to be honest, she giggled . But she wouldn’t want anyone to know that . Giggling is not in the dictionary of goth .

" So you boarding ?" Carmen asked . " You don’t look like the typical Snow valley high schooler, no offence . "

" None taken . Yeah, I board … If you live in New York, how do you manage to get to school every morning ?"

" I’m living here, for the moment with my nanny and Aunt . My parents … well they’ve got more important things to do ."

" Harsh . I can’t say I’ve ever had that problem . My mother, anyway … well let’s just say she’s overbearing with a capital ‘O’ ."

Carmen picked up her bag and made her way out .

" Gotta get home before five . My aunt’s a bit particular on that . Nice meetin’ ya Gloria Kelley ."

She waved her goodbyes before exiting in a uncharacteristically good mood .

" How was school lass?"

" Uh . . . . .delightful."

Eve looked uncomfortably at Mr. Cassidy and tried her best to edge away. And she thought her mother was over-bearing. She checked to make sure he wasn’t going to pressurise her into giving more than a two word answer. He looked unusually keen. This was not natural. Her father was never this prying, he reminded of the type of guidance counsellor that would always whisper ‘ Have you got your period?’. That brought back bad memories. Please don’t ask me how I am . . . . . . . .

" Well, how are you."

" Um . . . . .Fine . . . . .Um . . . . I think I saw some kids smoking in the toilets, maybe you should check it out?"

She looked at him hopefully. If she knew this type well enough they’d bound to the toilets and give all the kids offending a mug of Cocoa and a talk on their ‘delicate years’, hopefully.

" We’ll deal with that later, lass . We just wanted to make sure that you’re getting along fine ."

By we, he was referring to the team of Cassidy, Corsi and the two Frosts .

" Well," She said " No need to lose sleep over little me ."She eyed the door . ‘I think I can make a break for it’, she thought .

" Looking forward to the dance lass ?"

" What … Oh yeah , that . S’alright I suppose ." Ugh. School dances always made her think of slimy pubescent boys wearing too much aftershave . She thought herself above events like that .

" Well, I hope to see ye there . It won’t look good if none of you turn up."

"Mm-hm ."

" You do realise that it’ll be you kids that’ll have te do all the preparations for this , and all the clearing up . You know the rules, no human students on campus after school hours ."

" Mm-hm ."

" *Sigh* you’re dismissed Eve ."

 

 

{ Hey Gloria.}

" That’s Kelly to you, man."

{ Uh . . . .}

" Oh . . . Sorry I thought you were Angelo. Feck, I was looking forward to saying that to him. Well . . . .Anyway Hello. What would you like to deliberate today Jonothon?"

Gloria smiled, unnaturally pleasantly and sat at the small kitchen bench. Chamber sat down beside her. He seemed very awkward today. Even more so. He looked as if he was thinking about something.

" What’s up? You look kind of miserable. Has it anything to do with Paige? Jubilee told me."

{ Ummmm . . . . .no. it has more to do with you.}

‘ Me?! what?! have I said something offensive? Let slip our little secret? Hey . . . . ;. .Maybe he fancies me and wants to ask me to the dance! HA!’

{ Actually . . . . .Um . . . . . .This is kind of embarrassing.}

" Go on."

{ Gloria . . . . . you’re really nice an’ all. . . . . . . . . Would you go to the dance with me?}

YOU F*********KING WHAT?!!!!!

She thought inwardly.

" Uh . . . . . * Hurrghhhhhh * OK * Hurggggghhhhh *"

{ Are you OK?} Chamber eyed the girl carefully. Her face had gone pale and she was having trouble breathing.

" You couldn’t get me a paper * Hurggghhhh* bag, could you?"

‘Nice time to hyper-ventilate Gloria. Oh great, I think I’ll ask him to call an ambulance. That’ll be a nice ice-breaker.’

Chamber cringed. Gloria had her head buried in a brown paper bag.

‘Ask a girl to the dance and Kill her. They never mentioned that. I’m going to kill Angelo.’ Gloria emerged from the bag .

" Y’know , I don’t really think that the school dance is my scene … but there is a new David Chronenberg film out …."

{Hey Gloria , wanna go to the cinema instead ?}

"Love to ."


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page