RESIDENT EVIL Part 6: Last Rites written by Kairi Taylor


Disclaimer: All Characters within this bloodfest are copyright of Capcom Entertainment and Marvel. With the exception of a couple of characters, don't sue me for what these characters are going through. Warning: This last installment contains violence of a most gruesome nature, language that would make Kenny proud and, well, death. So, if you're not into that thing, then go read my other stories, like Jubilee's Revenge :)

Generation X/ Resident Evil pt 6: Last Rites (The Director's Cut)

by Kairi Taylor

Summary: It's the conclusion to the Gen X/ Resident Evil Saga that Ficworld didn't want you to see. It's all here, baby, the final fate of Reece & the return of Graydon Creed-slightly changed of course. Plus, Taylor makes a revelation on Monet.

Author's Note: I apologize for taking so long to bring this out. Originally, this story was supposed to be at Ficworld. However a recent change in policy has made it rather impossible. Now they said in the new policy that they would only take original stories & that they would give out invitations for certain writers to post fanfics. If it was a continuing story, then they would post it. I've waited for over 2 weeks to see if the story was posted. It seems I was given the runaround. This particular story I called the director's cut because I added a few things I felt was necessary to the story & as a way to kinda get back at Ficworld. So enjoy my darker, psychotic side. (That would be Taylor....)

All the team could do was gasp.

A few hours ago, they were racing towards their friends destination, hoping to save them from an unspeakable, unnatural evil. It seemed like everything could work out as always, that somehow the team would pull through. Yes, like Blink, they were more than willing to sacrifice themselves against the impossible. Instead, all that was left as they walked out in the remains of Swift's Creek was blood stained blades of glass, rotting corpses hanging from trees and buildings like a gutted pig in an butcher shop & in the not too far distant area, a smoldering building with a few flames still trying to jump toward the sky. "Shit!" Angelo muttered under his breath as he kicked a rock away from him. "We're too late!"

"Keep yer cool kid," Logan said as he sniffed around the air. "Maybe they're still 'round. Emma, ya pickin' up anything?" Emma, frantically searching with her mind for any traces of their comrades, shook her head, saying "I'm drawing a blank here. The only thing I'm picking up is this sinister force around here."

"Shadowloo," Monet said. "I would guess that perhaps they're somewhere in the vicinity. Maybe we should look towards that lab first."

<Most logical solution...> Jono began to say, but then, he jerked his head towards the sky. <Hear that?> he said.

"What?" Angelo said. <There's something coming this way.> Jono replied.

As the team looked above, several beams of light seemed to break through the clouds as a squadron of helicopters, with the Interpol insignia on the sides, hovered above. A humvee pulled up next to them and the window opened, as a young chinese woman in an Interpol uniform & leather jacket said "Logan, no time no see."

"Chun-Li." Logan smiled "Good to see ya again. What are you up to?"

"I'm guessing we're going after the same people." she replied. "A young lady came to me & told me that Shadowloo was holding the townspeople here."

"Was it Jubilee?" Paige asked.

"I'm afraid not," Chun-Li answered. "But I think Taylor sent her."

"Kairi...then they gotta be here." Angelo said. "We believe that they may be hiding out nearby an Umbrella lab." Emma said "Mind if we help you with your case?"

"Why not? Look like you're all prepared yourselves." Chun-Li shrugged, pointing to the guns that they had.

The young man stood his ground. The zombies were slowly, but surely, ripping the cell door off of the hinges in front of him. Behind, the other townsfolk had stayed at the wall, unsure whether or not they could get past the bloodthirsty corpses that had once been good friends & neighbors. It's times like this, the young man thought, that make me wish I didn't drop outta TaeKwonDo. As the door was wrenched away & the zombies began to swarm, he tensed up, ready to lash out, nearly disregarding that sudden loud whirring sound that came behind the zombies. 2 seconds later, blood splattered onto the ceiling & floor as Jubilee began cutting a path through them, sawing off arms & heads. Everett stood behind her, watching the door to the holding cells, gun raised. As Jubilee plunged the chainsaw into the last zombie, ripping apart the guts from inside, she turned it off & let it drop to the ground, saying "Ya know, I think I overdid it."

"That's gonna be the last time Ms. Frost will let us watch Army of Darkness," Ev said. "Are you folks alright?"

The young man in front muttered "Oh shit, you just ripped my math teacher's fucking guts apart."

"Is that a problem?"

"Well, not anymore. I mean, he was a zombie & everything."

"Is it safe to go out?" a woman's voice quivered. "Yeah, I secured the path for us." Ev said. "We should be ok now."

The holding rooms door busted down as a giant rat leapt in growling, baring blood red teeth. "Ok, I guess I didn't." Ev said as he & Jubilee raised their guns.

BOOM!!BOOM!!BOOM!!

As the rat fell dead, with shotgun wounds exposing it's rib cage Taylor, shotgun still smoking, & Sakura walked in. "Good thing you guys came here first." Sakura said. "Otherwise, you'd have to deal with a Tyrant & a rat."

"Hey, what're you two doing here?" Jubilee asked. "Well, besides killing each rat that was following you," Sakura started "We've found out that the Creed Tyrant just killed half of the Shadowloo soldiers on the upper level."

"Fuck. Then how the hell are we supposed to stop it?" Ev said. Taylor gave Ev a large black box & said "Here. We found this nearby. Just make sure that you got a clear shot. I'll get the townspeople outta here." Jubilee nodded & said "Ok, but what about Leon & Matt? They said the'll try to start to get to the self destruct--"

"We'll just have to work quickly." Sakura said. "Be careful, Taylor."

"Isn't your first name..."Ev started to ask, but Taylor said "If you must know, my name is Taylor. But I'll explain the rest later. Let's hurry." As Jubilee, Sakura & Ev ran out the room, Taylor shouted "I'll be waiting for you!"

Leon & Matt literally had their backs to the wall as they ducked behind a console in the bridge. The Shadowloo soldiers aggressively guarded the console that had the self destruct switch. As Matt held onto the card key that he recovered from one of the dead guards, Leon said "Well, I think this'll be the last time I rush into a gunfight without a plan."

"Could be a lot worse," Matt said. "We could be out of ammo."

"I only have one clip left. How bout you?"

"Two, & a couple of grenades."

More bullets whizzed by as Leon said "Hey, how far can you throw them?"

"A few feet."

"Good. Throw it just a foot away from them."

"It'll be tricky. Only got 'bout 4 seconds before those goon try to hit me & 7 seconds to toss this just right." Leon pulled the pin & said "Do it in 3."

Like a man possessed, Matt heaved the explosive away from him as if it was a hot potato & ducked down. The grenade exploded seconds later in front of the soldiers & as they tried to see through the smoke, Leon & Matt ambushed them, knocking them out with the butts of their rifles. "What the hell were you doing, scaring the shit outta me like that?" Matt said. Leon shrugged & said "Hey, it worked, right?"

"Good point." Matt said he slid the card key into the card slot at the console. He pulled the switch & said "We got about 10 minutes to clear outta here before this thing blows."

"Hey, what about that Tyrant?"

"Damn. Can we do it in 7?"

"Oh shit, oh shit oh shit." The soldier muttered as he looked down the hall. Standing amongst all the ripped open, armless, decapitated bodies 12 feet away was the Creed Tyrant, barely recognizable, in the process of ripping apart one of his comrades at the torso. As the blood streaked across his chest, the Creed Tyrant turned it's attentions towards the cowering soldier, letting the limp body slowly glide off it's huge, razor sharp claws. It slowly walked toward him as Jubilee, Ev & Sakura entered the area.

"Geez, this guy's uglier dead than he is alive." Jubilee said. The soldier looked up at them & said "Please, help me. Dear God, I don't wanna die!" As he slunk into the corner, Sakura said "It'll take most of our ammo for us to slow him down."

"Don't bothhherrrrr....."

The voice came from the Creed Tyrant as it set it's gaze on them. "Did it just...talk?" Ev asked. "Everyone musssst die." It hissed out. "No onnnne is purrrrre. Not Mutantssss. Not Humannnnsss. Everything diessss."

"Uh, can you two please shoot him now?" Ev said. As Jubilee & Sakura shot at the huge beast, Ev opened the black box & found a rocket launcher. As he took a rocket & loaded it in, Sakura said "Hurry up, it's getting closer." Everett began to lift the launcher up, but he could hardly get a good aim. "It's heavy." Ev said. "I don't know if I can hit him." Jubilee & Sakura stopped firing & said. "Well, do something 'cause we're outta ammo."

As they stood behind him, the Tyrant stood upright & seemingly laughed as it began to pick up the pace. Ev, swearing under his breath, adjusted his shoulder as he made a final heave & pointed it at an angle toward the Creed Tyrant, launching the rocket. The rocket whizzed toward Creed's head & a loud explosion lit the room up, orange-red flames littering the walls. As the smoke cleared, they saw that the Tyrant's upper body was totally obliterated. Leon & Matt rushed in, saying "What the hell was that?"

"That was Mr. Creed saying goodbye." Ev said.

As they all rushed out into the loading dock, Leon said. "We have about 6 minutes to get outta here. Where's Kairi?"

"He got the other people out!" Jubilee said "But what about Reece?"

"Yes, what about me?" Reece said as a blue field of light suddenly blocked the exit from the loading dock. His hands glowed brightly & his eyes held unspeakable malice. "I cannot believe my plans are ruined because of you."

"Oh, we're crying." Matt said. "Let us out of here, you idiot! You wanna get blown up?"

"I don't mind dying now." Reece said. "But if you wanna live, you should know that I'm creating the force field in the entrance way. If you wanna leave, you'll have to kill me."

"Wow, he really has lost it." Leon said. Sakura dropped her guns & said "Let me do this."

"Hey, ya sure about this?" Jubilee asked as Sakura walked toward him. She nodded her head as Reece stood by, smiling. Then in a split second, Sakura ran toward him, yelling "I'm gonna mop the floor with your ass!!!"

"Geez, I take it you don't normally go 100 in a humvee." Angelo quipped as Chun-Li aced down the road, closely followed by the helicopters & other Interpol vehicles nearby. "Not really," she replied "But hey, I never get the chance to try. Besides, we'll get there in at least 5 minutes."

Logan carefully checked his bereta as Paige pointed ahead & said "Hey, look at that. Van's right ahead of us."

The humvee slowly pulled up to the van that stood in the middle of the road. A young man was at the front, frantically waving them down. Logan could barely make out the people who were huddled quietly in the back of the van. "Hey, are you the cops or somethin'?" the young man asked. "You could say that." Chun-Li answered. "Are you folks OK?"

"Yeah, we're alright." he replied. "Look, these Shadowloo guys are still hanging out over in this ship. Most of them are dead now, but I think there are a few soldiers left."

"How'd you escape?"

"There were a couple of kids who busted us out. One of them, this really quiet one, got us out. He said to go on ahead & get some help. Also said to tell this woman called Chun-Li that he found Reece."

"Who?" Logan asked. "It's kinda a long story." Chun-Li replied "The guy that freed you, where is he?"

"Said something about staying behind, right after I mentioned that I saw another Tyrant being hauled off somewhere."

Sakura lightly sidestepped out of the way as Reece attempted a backhand punch & launched an roundhouse kick. The force of the blow made Reece stagger back slightly, rubbing his temple. As she quickly moved in to attempt another attack, Reece smiled & suddenly started to glow. Then, raising his hand, a spiralling violet burst of energy shot forward, hitting her in the abdomen, knocking Sakura to her knees. "Heh" Reece sneered, gaining more confidence as he rose into the air. "I guess I should tell you that there is 2 minutes left now until this place goes up in smoke. I had hoped you'd provide a far better challenge for me before I destroyed you. Oh well." Raising his arms, Reece's hand began to violently glow & crackle. "Anyone got a plan?" Jubilee asked "Cause we don't got much time left."

"I can't think of anything," Leon replied. "We're out of ammo, so we gotta find a way to distract him."

"Maybe I can synch with Jubilee & try to--" Ev's words were cut short as a nearby airduct grate was blasted open & a couple of Lickers fell back, torsos & limbs ripped apart. Taylor crawled out, breathing heavily, dropping the shotgun. "I'm impressed, my friend." Reece smiled. "You've lived longer than I ever expected you to. Perhaps a business arrangement in in order. How about it."

"I have a better proposition." Taylor answered. "Die." Taylor then pulled out an army knife & swiftly tossed it at Reece, burying it deep into his arm. As Reece fell to the floor, he saw Sakura putting her arms back, yelling "Jubilee! Ev! Hit 'em with everything you've got."

"Gotcha!!" Jubilee answered as she & Ev, synching with her, hit Reece with paffs at full power. As Reece staggered back, Sakura began to eminate a light blue as a ball of ki(chi) energy formed in her hands.

"You...can't...kill me." Reece whispered slowly. Sakura grimaced as she yelled out "SHINKU-HADOKEN!!" & hit Reece with a super-strong fireball. Reece was knocked back all the way into a gas tanker, which exploded upon impact. The force field quickly disappeared & the hanger began to shake.

"Let's get outta here!" Matt shouted. "Place is about to blow!"

"Well, I'll be damned." Logan muttered.

As all the Interpol vehicles arrived at the clearing in the forest, they watched in awe as the small group ran away from the exploding aircraft that lurched & fell on it's side, twisted metal smoldering in the moonlight. The humvee pulled over & everybody immediately got out as Angelo said "Damn, how the hell did you pull it off?"

"Luck, I guess." Leon sighed, dropping the gun.

<You guys ok?> Jono asked. "Yeah we're cool." Jubilee said. "Now, does anyone got an aspirin, my head is killing me."

"I guess that does it for both Shadowloo & Umbrella." Chun-Li said to Taylor. Emma nodded & replied "Maybe next time, your little excursions will not end so violently." Taylor merely nodded as he quickly noticed out of the corner of his eye that Monet hugged Ev. Sakura whistled & said "Well, glad that's over with." Then she noticed that Logan was quickly sniffing the air. "Hey, what's wrong?" Sakura queried.

"Something ain't right here." Logan said aa the helicopters hovered nearby. "IT's like something's still alive over there, but..."

"GROOOOARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!"

A section of the wreckage was violently blasted away as a primal scream boomed throughout the air. Another Creed Tryrant burst forth, huge claw in one arm, a machine gun grafted onto his other arm. "Time to die!! You've all lived long enough" It yelled as it came forward.

"Fall back!!" Chun-Li yelled as everyone ducked behind cars while every available agent fired at the Tyrant, which sprayed the area with bullets. As Angelo narrowly avoided being shot at, Paige yelled. "Wait a sec! Where'd Penny go?"

"I dunno!" Angelo replied as he shot at the Tyrant. "I thought Jono was with her!"

As the Tyrant kept firing, it spotted Logan & yelled "You!! I was hoping there would be some mutant scum for me to toy with. I'm gonna enjoy ripping your stinkin' mutie carcass apart, Logan! When I finished, I'll pay a visit to your pals too!"

"This job just don't get any easier." Logan growled

From the tree, Taylor looked on as he saw Penance, or Yvette, he couldn't remember, silently slink about below. (Author's note: I REALLY do not approve of Hama's handling of the whole Penance incident, so I'm going with this one instead.) She seemed wary of the creature, he noticed, but she seemed to know how to handle herself. In the ground, the Creed Tyrant boasted "Is this all you pitiful excuses have to offer? The last 20 people I killed had more promise than you flunkies!!"

At that point, Penance moved swiftly. Coming at it's side, she quickly ripped off the machine gun arm using her razor sharp arms, blood quickly spurting out everywhere. "Damn you!!" the Tyrant yelled as it swiped at her with his remaining arm, which she easily dodged. "You can't kill me that easily."

Taylor quickly rose drawing the sword out. With little time to think, he leapt from the tree at the Tyrant, sword glowing blue. As the Tyrant looked up, he saw Taylor's eyes, which held a calm rage. With a great amount of energy, Taylor slashed at the Tyrant & landed on his feet. As he & Penance quietly walked off, a few seconds later the Creed Tyrant split into two halves.

2 weeks later...

Taylor looked quietly at the lake, enjoying the apparent calm he was getting used to. Nearby sat Monet, who was closely listening to the tale he was telling. "I was leaving the dojo at the time." He commented & in the nearby field, I saw Vega, floating over my sensei. He said that I had potential to become a psycho-soldier & promised me unlimited power if I joined him. I tried to fight him, but he launched some type of energy ball at me. That's when I blacked out."

"At that point he must have taken you to his Japanese base." Monet pointed out. "I imagine he tried to convert you there."

"Yeah." he replied. "I found myself being hooked to this machine. Reece was in the room at the time, at the control panel. He switched on the power & I was bombarded with all these images. I felt all this rage & hatred building up in me & I couldn't control it. That's when I went berserk. Next thing I know, Sakura found me."

"So that explains what happened at the jail cell. Whenever your rage reaches it's height that's when the Psycho Energy takes over. Are you sure you've got it under control?"

"I'm sure." Taylor replied. "But now, I don't feel as empty as I used to."

"So, what'll happen with you & Sakura now. I believe it's fairly obvious that she is particularly fond of you right now."

"I guess we're a couple." mused Taylor. "I care a lot about her, but I keep on thinking about what happened with Lisa."

"An old girlfriend." inquired Monet. "Yes, but we left with a lot of bad feelings. That's why I've been so quiet around her."

Quietly changing the subject, Monet asked "The 2 Creed Tyrants. One showed more of the human Creed's characteristics. The other one was rather slow. Why?"

"From what Ev had learned, Shadowloo developed a prototype Creed. That one was more animal like and slow thinking. They concentrated more on the intelligence with the one you fought as well as giving it a weapon."

They watched the geese quietly glide upon the surface of the lake for a little longer, Monet quietly thinking to herself.

"You love him don't you?"

"Huh?"

"Everett. You're in love with him."

"Well...perhaps a little. But we're just better off being as we are. I mean he's far too polite for my tastes &..."

"Don't be afraid to tell him. You have a knack for keeping some of your emotions to yourself. Besides, he just may feel the same way as you.

As Taylor silently walked off. Monet pondered at what he told her. How long has she been denying it? She has struggled to keep her emotions in check, but she found that she was slowly beginning to harbor a deep love for him. Maybe, she mused to herself, there is truth to what he says. As she watched the geese fly off, she pondered a possible future with Ev.

THE END


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page