RESIDENT EVIL Part 5 written by Kairi Taylor


Disclaimer: All the characters, except for a select few, are licensed to Marvel and Capcom. As before, I do not gain any money for doing such a thing. But with college expenses these days, maybe a career in comics is called for...

Warning: This story will contain scenes of brutal murder, language and, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, attempted sexual violence (don't worry, it won't happen.) So, unless you're not old enough or have high moral standards, keep reading.


Generation X/ Resident Evil pt 5: Inner Beast

Summary: Kairi is captured along with the others and taken to the now grounded flying base of Shadowloo's, where Reece reveals the exact nature of Shadowloo's involvement, as well as some very unpleasent plans for the others. Later, when soldiers try to take advantage of Jubilee, Kairi reacts very violently...


Kairi walked, seemingly in a trance, on the road towards the next hill he came to. His shotgun was still smoking after he had effortlessly shot and killed an unrecalled amount of zombies he encountered on the road. The sword he carried was unsheathed and dripping with blood from the tip. He had only one box of shotgun shells left, so he resorted to using his sword to do most of the work and the patches of blood on his shirt was a reminder of the battle. He had been walking for 2 hours it seemed, and he felt sore in his legs. "No sign of Shadowloo yet," he said to himself as he walked to the top of the hill. "Wonder if they're looking for the others?" As he reached the top of the hill, he looked ahead. At the bottom stood a small, single story white building with a fence that was twisted & broken down. There was a sign on the building that read "Umbrella Biological Research", but it was halfway cracked. The entrance way to the lab had a big gaping hole where the door should have been. There was a rotting, goatish stench in the air, almost like spoiled meat, as Kairi walked down towards the building. "Hope there's no unwelcome company." he said. While he walked, he noticed that there was a faint humming sound coming from the forest nearby.

As Kairi walked into the lab, the stench became at it's strongest. Several bodies, weeks old apparently, laid on the ground, all killed in a particularly gruesome manner. A crow was pecking at the body of what was once a high officer of Shadowloo, now just a rotting corpse with all the internal organs now either ripped apart, smashed or pecked at by the crow. Kairi slowly walked in and the crow cawed at him, jealously guarding it's find. "They're late." Kairi said to himself. Then, dropping his shotgun and gripping the katana with both of his hands, he turned and made a quick, powerful slash. The figure that leaped from the ceiling, apparently another of the green monsters, dropped dead in two halves, arms still twitiching wildly, touge hanging out the mouth. Kairi picked up the shotgun, turned and walked toward the far end for the lab. In a small room, he peered in and saw that there was a single canister marked "BIOHAZARD" standing within. The wall was full of bullet holes nearby and red footprints were all over the place. Kairi closed his eyes. "So, you care to tell me what this is all about?" he asked.

"You know, it's amazing how you always know where I am." Reece floated down from his place in the ceiling above and stood to greet Kairi as he turned around. "Of all the places we could meet, it just has to be here."

"So, how does it feel to inherit a dying dynasty from a madman?" Kairi asked. "Heh, you think I wasn't busy thinking up a sceme to insure that my mentor Vega's dream of world conquest would be realized?" Reece answered. "I've gotten stronger since we last met and thanks to the unwitting efforts of Umbrella and the Friends Of Humanity, it will happen." Kairi grunted and said "What do they have to do with this?" Reece chuckled. "Oh, it's a pretty huge story. You may want to get comfortable for this. Let me take you to your friends & I'll tell you all. That is, right before I take my revenge upon you." Kairi raised his shotgun and said "It would seem I would have you at a disadvantage."

"Do you suppose so?" Reece asked. The lights flashed on and Kairi watched as a troop of soldiers stormed the room and stood behind Reece, guns raised ready to strike him dead. "I would prefer to take you alive,with the most intresting past you have with us but if I die, you will join me." Kairi, only blinking once, put down the shotgun and sword without hesitation and raised his hands. As he was handcuffed, Reece said "Wise choice."

Kairi was led outside to a black van that was heavily guarded. The back door opened and Kairi saw that Jubilee, Sakura, Leon, Ev and Matt were all sitting down, handcuffed. "So, they got you too, huh?" Jubilee said as he walked in & sat down next to Sakura. "How long it took them?"

"2 hours, I think." said Kairi. "It was like they were expecting us." Matt grunted. "You think they knew we were in there?" Sakura nodded and said "Reece wanted us to be in there."

"Why?" Ev asked.

"To see if we'd figure out how to escape." she replied. "He likes to toy with people, thinks of every thing we would do."

"So, he knew we'd come through here sooner or later." Leon said. "Guess he's got something in mind for us." As the van drove off, Sakura looked at Kairi. He looked slightly weary and his eyes were closed. "Hey," she said, shaking his shoulder "You OK?" Kairi nodded. "Yeah, just fine." he replied.

"Who is this 'Reece' guy anyway?" Ev asked. "Well," Sakura said "A while back, he was one of Vega's high official's. Vega was looking for strong fighters to brainwash and, as luck would have it, I was chosen. He insisted on taking us with him."

"So, I'm guessing you opened up a can of whoop ass on him." Jubilee replied. "Damn skippy." Sakura said. "Ever since then, he totally disappeared."

"He was probably building up his power." Leon said. "Howzat?" Matt asked. "Vega used psycho power, right?" Leon explained. "So, he probably learned to use the same power that Vega had."

"Yes," Kairi answered, seemingly in a hypnotic daze. "He seems to be more powerful." Jubilee shook her head and said "Let's just hope the others get here fast. I have this nagging feeling that something's up." Jubilee looked over next to her at Sakura and saw that Sakura's hand was on his arm. "Hey," she whispered "Are you two..."

"I dunno," Sakura whispered back. "It's hard to tell if he ever feels anything now." Jubilee nodded, and looked at both Kairi and Ev, who was deep in his own thoughts at the moment. Funny, Jubilee thought, but I'm getting just as concerned for Kairi as I am for Ev.


Around 15 minutes later, the van stopped moving and they were all led out by gunpoint. They gasped as they saw what awaited them. It was huge version of Vega's plane, but it had four engines, one of them in the middle of repairs. A ramp was lowered as a guard said "C'mon, up ya go."

The group walked up the rampway and walked through one hallway which had cells with transparent windows. In each cell was some sort of hideous, mutated creature. In one cell, three of the skinless, long tounged creatures were walking about, hanging to the ceilings, and watched them intentley. A sign above it said "Lickers." In another cell were five of the green reptilian creatures swiping at the window, growling. A sign reading "Hunters" hung ominously above. "Shit, these are the ugligest things yet." Jubilee said as she pointed to a window that had giant rats. The guards merely scoffed as they were led to an elevator.

The elevator took them up to the main cockpit, which had monitors all over the place. Reece stood in the center of the room, hands behind his back. "So, how did you like my little tour?" he asked. "Quite an intresting lot, aren't they? Especially the Hunters."

"What's this all about?" Leon asked. "So glad you asked." Reece answered. "It's like this: When Vega was still in power,he helped to fund Umbrella in their research of the early T-Virus, just as long as we got some of it. So, when Shadowloo fell to it's knee's, no thanks to Gouki, we needed a back up plan to become superior once again, an certifiable ace in our sleeves so to speak."

"The virus, huh?" said Ev. "Oh yes, the virus." Reece continued. "When the incidents in Raccon Forest and the city occurred we had to take steps to secure the virus. So, we formed a merger with the Friends Of Humanity."

"What did they want?" asked Ev. "Nothing much. Just our help in bringing back their leader and wiping out the mutant problem, all that sorta business."

"This doesn't make sense." Matt said. "We decided to clone Creed, combining his DNA with the properties of the G-Virus, version 2." He turned around and a monitor clicked on, showing Creed in a huge tank. His left arm was a giant claw, but his facial features remained the same. "He's bigger, smarter and more effective as a leader now. Or so we believe. But we needed more samples of the virus. So our allies were more than helpful in breaking into a few choice labs that were scattered all over the globe. Evevtually, what it all came down to for our partners was the ultimate solution to the mutant problem. We couldn't outright release the virus onto the general country but..."

"You mean..." Matt started "Yes, total dominance of the U.S. as we speak." Reece replied. "You see, when we get the American government in our hands, we are in control, essentially of the free world. No one will risk biological genocide or the wrath of an army of biological killers. We can use the virus on any country and within weeks, the whole place would be the nation of the undead, without risking manpower. This town will be the first to have the distinct honor of becoming the most violent soldiers of the new Shadowloo army. Plus, any particular mutants or mutant groups that wish to oppose us will be wiped out by the FOH once they are in control."

"Which explains why you need the townspeople." said Leon, his face wearing an expression of extreme disgust. "Yes, but unfortunatley, we had run into a problem. Somehow, one of our engines was wrecked in a exchange with one of the creatures. We'll have to perform your initial experiments right away. In case you haven't guessed, You will all join the likes of the lickers and the Tyrants. Except for you, Kairi. I'm somehow still convinced that your role is elsewhere" He raised his hand and 4 guards entered the cockpit. "Take them to their cell. I don't care how, just as long as they're alive."


"30 minutes 'til we get there." Logan said. As Logan and Emma looked into the night sky that they were racing toward, he heard Emma's voice in his mind. <They're all worried about this>

<Kid's got every right to be. All of them are 'bout to fight something that they never prepared for, much less took seriously.>

<Lucky you brought the guns. But will that be enough to handle the problem at hand? We're talking about a biological threat here, not another villian like Emplate.>

<Believe me, if it were up to yours truly, I would've called the whole group o' X-Men over. But they're off doin' something else. We gotta do this on our own.>

<I suppose you're right.>


"Do ya mind? I can move at my own pace!" Jubilee yelled as the 2 guards pushed her and Kairi into their cell. A few feet away, as Ev and Matt were put in their cell, Ev shouted "You can't get away with this!"

"Shut yer damn mouth!" Jubilee's guard yelled back. Kairi was quietly tugging at his handcuffs as Jubilee said "Ya can quit leering at me now, we're in our cells now."

"You're really sexy when you're tied up like that," one of the guards said as he started to approach her with a lecherous look in his eyes. Jubilee narrowed hers and said "Don't think about it! Payback's a real bitch!" The two guards snickered as one of them said "Heh, the boss said he didn't care what condition you were in, just as long as you were alive. So, it looks like we're gonna have some excitement after all."

"Hey, stay the hell-" Ev started to yell, but his guard immediatley elbowed him in the gut & trained his gun on him. "Quiet boy," he said, "Ain't gonna be no heroics tonight." The two guards laughed as they came closer to Jubilee who tensed up, ready to fight.

"Touch her and you will die."

The guards looked at Kairi, who had uttered the words. His face was very grim, void of life. His eyes held an unspeakable amount of malice & rage, something that was unfamiliar to Jubilee. One of them immediatley walked foward and slapped Kairi hard. "There's nothing you can do, kid." he said. "Your lucky the boss needs you, so keep out of our business or else!" The other guard began tugging at Jubilee's pants as she screamed and kicked at him. She recieved a punch in the face. Ev tried to get up, but he guard pushed him down again, laughing with his freind who stood in front of Leon & Sakura's cell.

It was the last sound the guards would ever make.

Suddenly, the guard who punched Jubilee felt a strong overwhelming force clamp down at the back of his neck. Very quickly, his knife was pulled out of the sheath in his belt and in a savage manner, it was sliced through his throat, blood gushing out onto the walls. He dropped dead and the other guard, who had begun to unbutton his fly, screamed. "Holy shit!" as he beheld the sight of Kairi. But now, Kairi's eye's glowed. His face was that of an enraged beast ready to slaughter it's prey. He breathed coarsely as blood trickled down from the knife onto his hand. The guard reached for his taser, but before he could register a sound, Kairi leaped foward, screaming and plunged the knife deep into the soldier's crotch. "Ah, fuck!" Ev's guard yelled as he raised his gun. Kairi pushed the now writhing in agony would be rapist foward, taking his knife and Ev's guard opened fire, acccidentley pumping his comrade with bullets. Kairi tossed the knives hard and they both hit the guard in his head, one in the eye sockets, the other right through his head, sticking in the wall nearby. As Kairi walked out of the cell, the last remaining guard whacked him on the head with a nightstick, breaking it on impact. Kairi turned on him & gripped his neck, then slammed him down hard onto the ground. As he proceded to strangle him, Jubilee grabbed the dead guards key, saying "Damn! What's the hell's wrong with him!" She raced over to Ev, saying "Yo, Ev! Are you Ok?" Ev nodded as Matt said "Shit, the kid's gone psycho!" Jubilee opened the other cell and Leon said "Kairi, stop!" Kairi grunted as he continued to strangle the guard. Sakura kneeled down next to Kairi & grabbed his shoulders. "Kairi, it's alright. Jubilee's ok." she said. "Stop this, please." Almost immediatley, as Kairi gazed at Sakura, he released the hold on the guard. Quietly, he slumped to the ground, his rage finally subsided. The guard scrambled to his feet only to have Matt gruffly grab him by the shoulders and slammed his back against the wall. "The kid ok?" Matt asked as Leon checked his pulse. "Yeah," Leon sighed "But he looks like a wreck. It's like his possesed or something." Ev nodded and said "Actually it's something more than that."

"What do you mean?" Jubilee asked as Sakura quietly picked Kairi up. "I'll explain later. Right now, we should find our stuff."

Leon nodded and turned to the guard. saying "You wouldn't happen to know where our weapons are, would you?"


After locking the guard in his cell, the group checked their weapons as they sat in the medical room. Kairi laid on on table, sleeping as Sakura watched over him like a hawk tending to it's young. "Are you saying that Kairi has some type of psyco-power himself?" Matt asked Ev. Ev nodded. "It was all inside of the FOH"s computer files that they stole from the government, along with some other top secret mutant files." he explained. "Kairi was kidnapped and taken to Japan to undergo a experiment by Shadowloo. He was apparently supposed to become a psycho soldier program, but halfway through the experiment, he was able to resist. Interpol, at the same time tracked this base down. By the time they arrived, he had escaped."

"That explains why he was in Japan," Sakura said. "So that's why he seems so distant..." Leon and Jubilee nodded as Matt said "Then his little display was what happened to him during the experiment."

"How long will he be like this?" Sakura asked. Leon shrugged his shoulders and said "Beats me," Jubilee picked up her chainsaw. "I'm more concerned about that Reece guy." she replied "How the hell we're supposed to save those folks now if he finds out about us?" Suddenly a loud siren blared. "The fuck..." Ev's voice trailed off as Reece's voice boomed on the PA system. "Alert! All personal converge in Level 4 now! The Tyrant Creed has escaped! Repeat, the Tyrant Creed has escaped! All personal Converge to Level 4 now!"

"Shit!!" Leon yelled "It only gets worse!" Ev and Jubilee picked up their weapons as Matt said "We gotta get outta here and save those towspeople!" Jubilee nodded and said "They're on the next level! Me and Ev can take care of them!" Leon nodded and said "Right! Matt and I can get to the deck and set the place for self destruct. Sakura, you'll have to--"

"I know, I know." she said. "Don't worry 'bout us!" As they rushed out, Sakura felt someone grab her hand. She turned and saw Kairi open his eyes slowly. "Thanks." he whispered. Sakura hugged him and said "Baka! You had me worried, Kairi."

"Call me Taylor. Kairi's my middle name."

"Well, Taylor, can you move." Kairi, without another word, raised his head and kissed her. Blushing, she said "Whoa, you're a pretty good kisser!" Kairi shifted to the other side and said "Where are the others?" Sakura pointed to the door and said "Off saving humanity, as usual." As Kairi stretched his arms, a sudden loud roar was heard. "What the hell was that?" Kairi said.

"Somehow, I have a feeling we're gonna find out." Sakura said, gripping her gun.

TO BE CONCLUDED!!


Author's Note: As I sit at my terminal, I am now forming the exact details for the last story in this bloody saga. It won't be available for a month. Why? One, I want to make sure that's it's something worth your time, and it'll be so friggin cool, you'll have to take notice, or so I pray! Two, collge business must be attended to. And last but not least, this is why I won't be on the computer: LEGEND OF ZELDA: ORCARINA OF TIME!! As of now, when I get ahold of that game, no one will be hearing from me for a long time! Trust me folks, I'll make sure that the story is well done!! Later!


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page