RESIDENT EVIL Part 4 written by Kairi Taylor


Disclaimer: As you know, I do not own the copyights to the characters from Gen X or Resident Evil (Or Street Fighter). They belong to Marvel or Capcom. Had it been up to me however, Larry Hama would be out on his ass in a minute after totally screwing up issue 40. But I digress... Warning: This story contains scenes that involve people and undead creatures being shot, beaten, blown up, hacked, you get the general idea by now. Also some mild to strong language. Since this particular story line has been rated R, if you're too young or hate this sort of thng, stop reading. As Dennis Miller once said on his show to Saddam: "Get the fuck outta Baghdad!"

Summary: The group's been separted and as Kairi faces the threat of an new terror, the others meet with Shadowloo. Also, Emma and the others prepare to enter the world of survival horror.


Generation X/ Resident Evil pt 4: Shadows
by Kairi Taylor (With special thanks to Carol!)

Emma stood in the lobby of the academy overlooking the young students who had been alerted to the emergency. Paige and Angelo, still in disbelief about their friends being in danger talked with each other frantically. Jono stood silently in thought and Monet paced back and forth. Pennance sat in the chair watching all of them completely unaware of the announcement Emma was going to make. "So let me understand this," Angelo began "They're stuck in a small town and their surrounded by zombies?" Emma nodded and said "Yeah I know it's weird..."

<Well, it's not everyday we get to save our friends from a town full o' bloody corpses.> Jono said <Least we know Ev's with them.>

"Which would be good news, I suppose." Paige said. "But how will we find them?"

"Hell, can we even get into the damn place?" Angelo replied. "At the very least, our powers alone should take us to the police station I traced the call to." Emma said. "But as for the lab, I think..." Paige raised an eyebrow. "Now y'all hold on a minute, what's this about a lab?"

"I made a check on that area." Monet said. "A small laboratory is there and it's owned by Umbrella."

<Nasty bunch of blokes there.> Jono said. "Que pasa?" Angelo asked. <They had a lab in Raccoon City a while back. Had some of the nastiest bunch of critters this side o' Devonshire. Wouldn't have been so bad if the virus didn't spread to the city.>

"Yes, there was that unfortunate incident." Monet said "They were supposed to have closed down that lab but I guess someone decided otherwise. Remember when you played the tape for us? When I heard the gunshots I heard someone yell 'is it Shadowloo?'."

<This is all a bit too much fer my brain to process.> Jono said. "Totally," Angelo replied. "Maybe it's me, but this all of this sounds seriously whack."

The doorbell to the academy rang and Emma opened it. Outside stood a guy in a leather jacket, denim shirt and jeans, smoking a cigar. "Logan," Emma said "That was rather quick." He nodded and said "When ya tell me Jubes and her friends are in trouble, don't expect me ta walk like an old man with a double limp. Well, I got the Blackbird ready. Coming or not?"

All of them rushed out of the door, except for Monet, who walked while still thinking to herself. Paige looked at her and said "Hey, you 'kay?" Monet nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm just thinking."

"It's 'bout him, isn't it?" Monet raised an eyebrow. "Let's just focus on the mission, OK. I'm fairly certain that he's fine."

God, I hope I'm right, she thought.


Kairi stood at the door of the basement, breathing heavily, but otherwise fine. Five dead zombie corpses laid at his feet, all missing their heads. The walls were splattered with grey and red matter as he walked down the stairs, sotgun in one arm, katana in another. As he made his way to the vault, he thought to himself. It was amazing how the creatures were able to make their way in. As they all waited while Jubilee called the academy, he noticed a shadow passed by the window through the wooden boards. As he loaded the shotgun, Ev asked "What's wrong." Kairi pointed to the windows and Leon nodded. "We're about to have company." he said.

As Matt loaded his AK47, the boards to the window suddenly busted open, spreading glass and wood all over the place. It was another pair of the green creatures, Kairi noted, with fresh blood on their jaws. Sakura, who just rushed into the room, shouted "Is it Shadowloo?". The monsters hissed as Leon and Matt raised their guns. "Fuck, they're pretty damn ugly!" Matt shouted as he let one of them have it with a full barrage of his gun. As the creature fell, it's companion leaped in the air, claw raised, ready to strike down anyone. Leon quickly fired a shot, knocking it down. Then, the zombies started to swarm in.

And so, here Kairi was, in the basement, walking around the basement, sneakers dripping in blood. As he made his way to the sewer entrance, he thought about what Matt had said before, about the other townsfolk who had disappeared. Shadowloo wants them for something, he thoght, but what?

The smell that reeked from the manhole nearly overwhelmed him, but he didn't mind. He was more concerned about where the others were, mainly Sakura and Jubilee. Sakura was always watching out for him. He never exactly understood why.


"Shit, this place gives me the creeps," Jubilee said as they walked through the sewer tunnels, Leon and Matt in front. Ev walked next to Jubilee as she said, "We could be ambushed anytime now by just about anything. Can we say 'predictable'anyone?"

"Unless you'd like to try going out in the street," Ev replied. "Otherwise, I'm just as comfortable being stuck down here." Sakura nodded in agreement, still thinking about Kairi. He can be so stubborn sometimes, she thought to herself. Doesn't he know what's going on most of the time. She sighed as she thought back on how they met.

In a way, it was totally by accident. Sakura was walking home that day. As she was focussing on how she culd convince Ryu to help her train, she heard a low moan coming from the alley nearby. As she cautiosly looked in, she found Kairi, up against the wall, three slash marks across the chest of a shirt that said 'John Bown H.S.' She knelt down next to him and checked his pulse. "Hey, kid," she said, "You alright?" Kairi coughed and slowly opened his eyes. "Wha...huh? Where am I?"

"Try a lonely street alley in Japan," she answered. Kairi breathed heavily as she said "You'll be just fine. Who are you." Kairi shook his head. "Kairi, I think." he replied. "But how'd I..."

"Beats me." she replied. Sakura helped him to his feet. "C'mon, I'll take you home." Kairi nodded as he said "Home. Wonder where that is."

It took Sakura some heavy duty work to convince her parents, but eventually they agreed to let Kairi stay. Eventually, she got Ryu to train both of them, and after a year of therapy, Kairi regained his memory, except for the past three months up to the point he disappeared. Even before he got his memory back, he showed a lack of emmotion. He hardly smiled or showed any signs of unhappiness, he was just so, well downright cold sometimes.

"Damn, rat nearly bit me!" Matt said. "Think these critters are, you know, influenced?" Leon shook his head. "Hope not. Can't afford to waste bullets on these little guys." Eventually they came to a huge, oval shaped, chamber, with three diffrent steel doors. At the center of the room hung a ladder covered in rust, leading up to a open manhole where a light was eerily coming out of. "Well, it's a start." Jubilee said. "This must be that lab of theirs." Ev nodded his head. "Yeah, but isn't it strange that there's no one here?"

"Everett's right." said Matt, stroking his chin. "For all we konw this might be a amb-" A figure dressed in black sudenly lept down from the shadows and punched Matt in the jaw. Shaking it off, Matt ducked the next fist and responded with an uppercut of his own into the figures gut, knocking him out quickly. Then, another figure in black lept out behind Sakura. She quickly lept back, then spun and hit the figure with the back of her foot. As the figure staggered back, she dashed toward him, yelling "Sho-Ryu-Ken!" and hit him in the stomach before rising in the air and hitting him in the face. As she landed on the ground, she heard Jubilee's pyro's going off and hitting another attacker with the aid of Ev, who using the powers to 'synch' with other mutants, did the same. "Well," Leon said, "Is that all of them?"

"Not quite." The steel doors opened and a whole regiment of Shadowloo soldiers emerged from within as a man dressed in an army general's uniform floated down from the manhole entrance. "Ah Sakura-san." he said in an ice cold voice "We meet again. I see Kairi's not here this time, but don't worry, I'm sure my top agent will find him."

"Reece!!" she muttered.


There it is again, Kairi said to himself as he slowly walked through the winding tunnels of the sewer. He swore that he heard something splashing about. He turned a corner and then held his breath. A lone Shadowloo warrior stood over a girl, who was armed with a metal pipe. She had an a black leather jacket and was slowly being stalked. "Heh heh," he said. "Think I'll have a little fun with you before we go, huh?". She raised her pipe and said "I'd rather die first." The Shadowloo soldier snickered and said "Like you were gonna live anyway."

"Leave her alone." The soldier turned around to see Kairi standing behind him, face obscured be shadows, wielding a drawn katana blade. "Hmph." the soldier said "Little butterknife can't top this!" . The soldier raised his gun, but quickly, Kairi slashed him with great speed across the chest. As the soldier dropped his gun and eventually dropped dead, Kairi put it back in his sheath and said "You OK?".

"Yeah, I'll be fine." she answered. "Who are you?" Kairi looked up and said "Kairi. Who are you?"

"Carol," she answered. "How'd you escape from Shadowloo?" Kairi raised his eyebrow. "I guess you're new here."

"Why are they after you?" Kairi asked. "Well, I dunno." Carol explained. "All I know is that they've been capturing any survivors or people that wanders in and taking them to that lab near town. I was lucky to escape but they sent they sexual creep and some creature after me. Look we gotta escape from here before--"

The nearby sewer wall busted open and as Kairi and Carol ran back, they saw a giant figure emerge. He had little blond hair and bulging muscles. One of his arms was huge and had giant claws atttached to them. "Too late, my freinds." it said. "No one escapes Wesker."

"Wesker." Kairi said. "Leon said you betrayed S.T.A.R.S. and tried to cover up the virus." Wesker laughed. "Ah yes, the rookie." he said. "Well, let's just say that thanks to the Umbrella Virus, I'm a much better man than I ever was. Sorry, but I can't let you two leave."

Kairi and Carol ran around the corner. "Well, if you have any good ideas, let's hear them know!" she said. "We'll go into the court house." Kairi replied. "I have an idea."


The Wesker-Tyrant looked all about him as he tore through the floor of the basement. The place was covered in blood as he slowy stepped through and bodies of dead, headless corpses still leaking blood laid all about. My kind of place, he thought. He could smell the kids here, especially that Kairi-guy. Something seemed so wrong about him, so eerie that he...

He turned to see Carol next to the manhole, raising a shotgun. She fired three blasts and they hit him dead in the chest. "So, little girl," Wesker said. "What was the purpose of that?"

"You'll see." she replied. As Wesker stepped foward, Kairi lept down from his hiding spot in the sewer, slashing him in the back. Quickly rolling away, Kairi avoided the claws and jumped down in the manhole. Taking a small remote out, Carol said "We placed a little C4 explosive in here" she said pointing in his direction. "Burn in hell, mutha fucker." As she jumped down, Wesker looked all aound him. "No problem," he said "I'll simply just follow them and..."

Then it occurred to him. She wasn't pointing to the rooms, she was pointing at my chest. Wesker looked down and looked at the shotgun wounds in his chest and heard a slight beeping sound. The shells!

"FFFUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!"


As they ran toward the van, Kairi, looked back and saw the courthouse collapse in a heap of fire and stone. "Hey," Carol said as they made their way to the van. "You think he didn't notice that you attached the C4 to his back." Kairi shrugged as he opened the van door, making sure nothing was inside. "Don't know, but I suggest you leave quickly." Taking out a magnum pistol, a map and a card, he said "Listen, there's an Interpol office not too far from here. Go there and a friend of mine will help you."

"What will you do?" Carol asked. Kairi looked toward the night sky. "My friends need my help. From the looks of things, I'm in for a long night."

To Be Continued....


Author's Note: Thank you to Carol for the great idea of making Wesker a monster. Quite ingenius eally. Oh, yes, issue # 41... read it yourself, it's quite, er , intresting to say the least


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page