RESIDENT EVIL Part 3 written by Kairi Taylor


Summary: After an explanation of past events from Synch & Leon, a search is made within the former HQ of the Friends Of Humanity, an unlikely haven from the danger that soon approaches.

Disclaimer: To ease the pain of the mighty lawyer gods, let me state that the characters within the story, save a few, are all copyright of Marvel or Capcom. That means that I'm only borrowing them for a short bit. I make no cash off of this whatsoever, so don't sue me for creativity.

Warning: If you have played RE2, than no doubt you've seen the message "This game contains scenes of explicit violence and gore." So aside from somewhat mild language (count on seeing the S and F word a few times) consider yourself warned!


Generation X/Resident Evil pt 3: Death's Door
by Kairi Taylor

Jubilee stood looking at the stranger who had stepped out of the shadows of the room. "You've seen this before?" she asked "What do you mean?" Leon nodded and replied "Well, it's a rather long story. You'll want to sit down for this. But how'd you guys get here? I thought that..."

"I don't think anybody else knows what's going on here." Sakura said "Let's just find a room and rest in there. I'm beat."

"Me too." Jubilee agreed. Kairi merely nodded his head in agreement as Everett said "Ok, let's go into the conference room."

As they walked through the hallway, Kairi took a good look all around him. The place was once a courthouse apparently, with a pair of staircases that led up to the second floor and three pairs of hallways that branced off to diffrent areas of the courthouse. It was barely lit now, as most of the lights flickered on and off or just swung in the air, swiveling the light with it. The windows were boarded up apparently in great haste, Kairi thought as he looked in at the offices that they passed. Almost all of them were ransaked completely and in some offices, there was blood.

"Geez, you'd think they'd clean up after themselves. Looks like Friday the 13th in here." Jubilee replied. "This is how we found the place." Everett said. "Just about everybody in this place was either killed or missing. One guy got away, so we have no idea..."

"If you're referring to the panicky guy that just left here," Kairi interrupted "Then you don't have to worry about him anymore."

"We have a couple of guys upstairs on lookout." Leon said. "I'll radio them in later."

At last they came to the end of the hall to a huge, wooden door. Leon pulled it open and inside was a room that contained a large, round chair with seats all around. The windows in the room, like all the others, had been boarded up. Even as they entered the room, Jubilee heard a scratching sound faintly coming from the outside. She looked up on the walls and saw a huge portrait of the most dangerous human fanatic known to the X-Men: Graydon Creed. "Geez, I knew we were surrounded by the dead, but damn!" Jubilee said.

"I remember him." Leon said "Did they ever find out who killed him." Everett shook his head and said "Beats me."

"Right now, we've got other things to worry bout," Sakura replied as she sat in her chair. "Just what the hell's going on?"

Leon gave a heavy sigh and said as he sat down "Well it all starts a while back. You ever hear of Raccoon City?"

"Yeah, I've heard somthing about it." Jubilee said as she and Everett sat down together. "Wasn't there a mass murderer or some evil cult going on?"

"If only." Leon scoffed. "Well, there was a company called Umbrella who did research in biology and other things. They'd begun to develop a virus within a lab in Raccoon Forest. It was called the T-Virus."

"I imagine this was not your ordinary flu virus." Sakura said. Leon shook his head and continued. "The virus had raised the strength of the test subjects, but at the same time brain activity and body tissues began to deteriorate. Or it caused some type of mutation. As you saw, it turned people into the living dead. Eventually, Umbrella decided to test the virus on the scientists in the lab."

"Big mistake #1" Everett said.

"Some of the monsters escaped from the lab into the forest." Leon said. "You already know about the murders. Two teams were sent into the area of the forest where the murders were taking place. The first team, Bravo, immediatley disappeared. The second team , Alpha was sent in. They found out that one of their teammates, John Wesker I think, was setting them all up. Only 4 of them managed to escape."

"But the story doesn't end there." Kairi said. "Right." Leon said. "Another type of virus, the G-Virus was being developed right in the city. When I got there, it was already too late."

"Lemee guess." Jubilee said. "Someone was covering it all up?"

"Would you believe my future boss, Chief Irons." Leon said. "Apparently, he was working with Wesker all along and diverted the public's attention from it. But apparently the virus had been exposed to the public and believe me when I say, we were all seriously fucked!"

"So, this all brings us to the present." Kairi said. "Would I be correct in assuming that there was a lab here that contained the virus?"

"From what we found out," Everett said "There was one here but then Shadowloo came and..."

"Shadowloo!!!" Sakura shouted. "What are those fucking bastards doing here!?!"

"You know them?" Leon asked "Sakura's friend, Ryu, had a fight with their former leader, Vega*." Kairi explained. "We thought at the time that Shadowloo was gone when he was apparently killed by Gouki* at the end of the fight."

"So, how'd you two get here?" Jubilee asked. "Well, I was trying to catch up to you three, and I hitchhiked a ride to here." Everett said.

"That would be where I came in." Leon said. " I gave him a ride and he stopped here to meet up with you. It wouldn't have been a problem if we weren't attacked by the zombies in this town. We came in this place and we've been trapped here for the past 2 days."

"Did you try using the phones?" Sakura asked. "The power to the phones is down." Everett replied. "We'll have to go into the basement to get the power back on and get some weapons. But the basement's locked and we need the diskette for the security door to open it."

"Do you mean this?" Kairi said, holding up the diskette he picked up from the dead guard. "I picked it up from your friend from outside."


Everett sat at the computer in the small office, rapping his fingers on the desk as every one watched the screen. As the computer humeed while loading the diskette, a logo of the FOH popped on screen, underneath, the words "WELCOME TO THE FRIENDS OF HUMMANITY SECRUITY SYSTEM-ENTER PASSWORD" appeared. "You wouldn't happen to find out the password before that guy got his throat ripped out, do ya?" Jubilee asked Kairi. "We need to come up with a password that they're likely to use." Leon said. "Try Graydon Creed." Everret noded and typed in the words. A second later. the words "ERROR-TWO CHANCES LEFT,PILGRIM" popped up.

"Oh, great. A computer with a sense of humor." Sakura sighed. "Try something else."

"How about 'Mutants Suck'." Everett chuckled. "Speak for yourself, baldy." Jubilee replied as Everett typed it in. Anther minute passed and the words "ERROR-DO YOU FEEL LUCKY PUNK?" appeared.

"Shit." Everett said, "How the hell are we gonna do this."

"Let me try," Kairi said. Walking over to the keyboard, he typed in the word "PEACE" and hit ENTER. A minute later, the screen turned green and a map of the building and a few options appeared. "Who'd have thought peace would be a password for these guys?" Leon asked. "Only Mr. Dark and Silent over here." Jubilee said. Kairi, who didn't pay attention, said "The computer says that the power switch to the phones is around the boiler room. There's also a room that is sealed off. But it seems that there is a manhole leading to the sewer and a window to the basement that is open."

"So, there could be anything down there." Leon said. "So, we need someone to go down there and check out that sealed area."

"I'll go." Kairi said as he picked up his shotgun. "By yourself? No way!" Sakura protested as Kairi turned to leave. "Don't worry 'bout it." Kairi said. "I can handle this myself." As Everett tossed him a radio, Sakura said "Sorry, but I really can't let you go on alone." As she followed him out the door, Leon asked "What's she getting worked up about?"

"It's a long story." Jubilee explained. "Let's just say she found him in Japan with no memory whatsoever." Leon's radio crackled and Leon picked it up, saying "What's wrong?"

"It's Vinny." a voice on the other end said. He went up to the third floor and hasn't radioed in for an hour now. I think we have company."

"OK, Matt. Come downstairs and stay with Ev. I'll check it out." Leon turned to Jubilee and said "I'm gonna nedd your help. Come with me."

"What the hell?" Jubilee replied. "I'm bored anyway."


Kairi and Sakura stood at the door to the basement. As Sakura checked her gun, Kairi said "You didn't have to come on account of me." Sakura shook her head. "Sorry dude. I can't let you do without me. It's a hero thing."

"Are you sure it's not something else?" Kairi asked. "No." she replied. "Why? Something you wanna say?"

"No. Not now anyway." Kairi replied. As Sakura pondered on his words, Kairi took out his radio and said "OK, Ev, we're here. Open the door." A second later, the door's red light above it turned green. As Sakura went to open the door, Kairi said, "Wait. Stand back a minute." Sakura shrugged her shoulders and as she turned around, the door burst open. A green form leaped forward, but Kairi raised his gun and with a loud BOOM fired a shot at it. The green form dropped down, twitching for a moment, but momentarily collapsed. As Kairi looked over the creature, he heard Sakura say "Nice shot." The creature had green, reptilian skin and long claws on the hands and feet. The head was separated from the body, as Kairi had shot it off and has lying in the corner nearby. "I thought I heard something coming up." Kairi replied. "So you coming or not?"

"Sure, as long as you go in first." she said.


"Vinny, do you copy? Come in." Leon tried the radio again as he and Jubilee stood outside the door tp the third floor. "Who are these guys by the way?" Jubilee asked.

"Matt and Vinny? Oh, Matt was the sheriff's deputy." Leon explained. "Vinny's an old war buddy of his, from Vietnam. They were in here a while back with some of the other townsfolk."

"Others?" Jubilee said. "Yeah, there was a team of them who set out to find a way outta town. Somehow, I think Shadowloo got to them. They've been trying to find us for awhile now, but I guess they got their own troubles."

"Guess so." said Jubilee. She opened the door to be greeted by howling wind and a shuffling sound. The area branched off into two hallways, one directly in front of them and one to Leon's left. "The wind is coming from that way." Leon said as he brandished a .45 Magnum. "I'll check that area out."

"Which leaves me to go there." Jubilee replied, pointing to the front hallway. As they each walked down their own path, Jubilee secretly wished that Ev was there with her.\

Strange, you've been thinking a lot about him, haven't you? she thought to herself. She shrugged the thought off, thinking it wasn't the right time to ponder on this. Eventually she came to a door at the end of the hallway. As she opened it, she said to herself "Aw, Gross-Ness!"

It was a small courtroom, and as she entered, Jubilee saw that a body loaid on the floor, head missing, a huge, gaping wound all across the chest and vital organs strewn about. In the hand of the corpse was a dogtag. Then Jubilee heard something above her. Instinctivley, she whipped her gun out and jumped back towards the door. Lokking up, she saw a grotesqe creature with a long tounge, claws and sharp teeth hiss at her. It had no skin whatsoever. Jubilee quickly shot at it three times and it fell down to the floor. As it staggered up to attack, she fired at it's head and it dropped down, a pool of blood forming. As she left the room, Leon ran up to her, saying "I guess you took care of our visitor."

"Damn skippy," Jubilee said "But we're too late to help Vinny now."

"Shit." Leon said "Well let's get back downstairs and see how the others are doing."


BLAMM! went Sakura's gun as she unloaded three bullets into the zombies brain. "Damn it, this is beginning to get boring." she said. She looked all about as Kairi opened the door to the power boxes. Insid were two switches, one marked PHONE and the other marked SECURITY ALARM. As Kairi pulled the phone switch, he said. "Ok now let's check out that door."

"What do ya think's in there?" Sakura said. "Probably some secret documents or something special." Kairi said. He pulled the security switch and watched as the lights in the basement came on.

Closeby, near some old boxes, they came across the huge sealed door. Kairi picked up his radio and said "Ev, we've reached the door. Can you open it with your computer?"

"I'll see what I can do." he answered. A minute later, Sakura heard the door unlatch and said. "Let's hope that there's no surprises this time." Kairi opened the door slowly. Inside, there was a virtual arsenal of weapons all about the room. As Sakura picked up the nearest weapon, an uzi, she said "Well, I kinda take that last one back." Kairi picked up a couple boxes of shotgun shells and then, he came across a katana sword, still in it's sheath. He picked it up and as he checked it, said "I'll take this."


Matt, a man with slightly greying hair and a beard, a srtong build and dressed in army fatigues like Everett, said "Thanks for taking care of that freak for me. I'm sure Vinny would be proud to have a teammate like you."

"Don't mention it." Jubilee said as she handed Matt a AK47 that was among the weapons Kairi and Sakura brought up. As Jubilee liiked at her own shotgun and chainsaw, Leon said "Guess we're loaded for bear. Question is, what now?"

"I say we call the academy now, while we have a chance." Everett said. Kairi nodded and said "Well, in our present situation, that's a good idea, but what about escape?" If we go outside, there's no guarantee we can get to the van without being ambushed."

"You said there's a open manhole in the basement right?" Matt asked. "Well, if I'm correct, they've built some secret tunnel in that sewer, so I think we should head there."

"Is that wise?" Jubilee asked. "There's no other way." Sakura answered.


Emma sat in her den, quietly reading. It was awhile now since Everett left to check up on Jubilee and the others. Yes, he was very eager to check up on them, mostly Jubilee, but she really didn't want him to go alone. Unfortunatley, Sean was away at the moment so she really had to make a tough choice. As the phone rang, she casually picked it up and said "Hello?"

"Hello? Emma?"

"Jubilee, is that you? What's wrong?"

"Ev and me are in Swift's Creek with the others and we're surrounded by zombies!"

"What? Are you serio..."

"Trust me, we are in some deep shit right now."

Emma sensed the urgency in her voice and said "OK, I believe you. Now wha..."

"She heard a sound of glass breaking as several shots rng out on the receiver. She heard a voice say "They're coming! Fall back!!"

"Get out of here now! I'll cover you!"

"No, Kairi, don't!"

"Don't worry about me! Just go!!!"

All Emma heard after that was several more shots being fired and low moans as she gripped her phone tighter...

To Be Continued...


Note: As you may have noticed, instead of using the names M. Bison and Akuma, I've used their Japanese names Vega and Gouki, just cause they sound cooler. Oh, yes, if you haven't heard, yet another Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter movie (OH DEAR SWEET GOD NO!!!) E-Mail me at kairi_64@hotmail.com and tell me exactly what you think of this perpetual outrage!!

2nd Note: This story has been brought to you by Kairi of the jWo (Jubilee World Order) and the bWo (Blue Meanie and Super Nova rule!)


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page