RESIDENT EVIL Part 1 written by Kairi Taylor


Disclaimer: Listen up. None of the characters, except for a couple, belong to me. They are licensed to either Marvel or Capcom. I'm just borrowing them for a bit. I don't want your money for this, just your criticisms. Thanks.

Warning: Although Generation X or Street Fighter doesn't normally feature people and monsters being eaten, disembowled or having their heads shot off, Resident Evil does. If you are offended by scenes of graphic violence (believe me, I'll try) mild language and cannibalism, take your mouse and hit that back button now!


It had been 6 months since the tragedy at Raccoon City and Dr. Atkinson still couldn't get over it. He sat at his chair in the lab, one of the last of Umbrella labs left in the country. Rubbing his hand through his thinning hair, he watched his lab assistants, Clyde, a med student from Stanford and Jenny, his partner for 30 years, check on the canisters stacked in the room opposite him. They were filled with the very virus that started the whole tragedy.

He closed his eyes and thought to himself again. Almost two years ago, murders were taking place in Raccoon Forest. Hikers and other people were missing and found brutally mutilated, halfway eaten to say the least. The murders took place around the area of a mansion owned by Umbrella, one of the breeding places for this virus. Two S.T.A.R.S. teams were sent to investigate and only 4 members had survived the horror.

However, months later, Raccoon City was somehow overwhelmed by the virus. The city was filled with zombies and other monstrosities. By the time that armed forces were able to contain the situation, only a rookie cop, a woman , and a little girl were among the only survivors. After that, Umbrella went straight down, with federal charges of performing unauthorized experiments, kidnapping and creating illegal biological weapons.

And so here he was, at one of the last of the Umbrella labs, in a little town called Swift's Creek. Only thing special about it was that it was a home base for the Friends Of Humanity. The anti-mutant group always met there secretly, which seemed to increase at the time that Bastion's goons were cracking down on mutants.

Atkinson felt a hand touch him and opened his eyes. Jenny was standing over him. "Howie, all the barrels are here," she said. "You wanna help us with the disposal?"

"Yeah, why the hell not?" Atkinson grunted. He shifted in his chair and turned to the computer at his desk. "Clyde, get outta the room, I'm gonna start now."

Clyde stepped out of the canister room, saying "It's a good thing that we're transferring outta here tomorrow."

Jenny turned to him and said "Oh, why's that? Afraid that you'll miss our friends over there?" Jenny pointed to the huge, steel door at the back of the lab.

"No, I want out of here as soon as possible. I thought we were gonna take care of them." As Clyde stepped out of the canister room, he stopped. "Oh great, forgot my laptop."

Clyde stepped back inside. As Atkinson chuckled to himself. Jenny frowned and said "What's that sound?"

Atkinson kept silent. He heard a faint humming coming outside, like something was hovering nearby.

The door to the lab exploded, sending debris everywhere, but somehow the lab's alarms didn't go off. As Atkinson and Jenny ducked down, ten men, armed with heavy assault rifles and body armor, ran into the room. They all had berets on with the symbol of a skull with wings.

"Shit, it's Shadowloo!" Atkinson said "What the hell are they doing here.?"

"Hands up Atkinson," one men said, "We're here for the Umbrella virus!"

Two men surrounded the two while three went over to the steel door.

"Commander, I think there might be something here."

"Open it." The Commander said.

"No, don't ...." Jenny yelled, but the guard pushed a few buttons.

As the steel door slowly opened, Clyde stepped in the lab, brandishing a .357 in his hand. Before he could get a shot off, one of the nearby guards opened fire on him, riddling his body with bullets. As the bloody and nearly headless body fell to the floor, the Commander saw that some of the bullets had punctured one of the canisters.

"Damn it, you shithead!" he yelled. "You let the virus out!" Then, he heard a scream.

The Commander looked and saw something that nearly made him retch. On the floor laid his three men, two of them cut open, the entrails laid all over the floor, the third without a head. The steel door was open but it was pitch black. All he could hear was snapping sounds and the sounds of the virus leaking out.

"Let's go! Now!" he yelled. But then, at lightning speed, several green figures attacked from all sides, one jumping right in front of him. There was a sharp pain overtaking him and the last thing that the Commander saw before seeing black was his intestines spilling on the floor


"Hey Sakura, pass me the nachos, will ya'" Jubilee said as she laid on the bean bag in the back of the van.

She felt more relaxed now as she thought about her time off from the academy. It was quite a while since she was stuck in that Hulkbuster base a prisoner of Bastion, who also had Prof. X, but hey, she didn't exactly plan on staying there either. Add to the weird rescue mission of her bud Ev, otherwise known as Synch, and you'd understand why she had to go. Of course, she didn't expect Sakura to come along, much less Kairi. She had met them while she was watching them in a tournament. Both had been influenced by Ryu, but Kairi hadn't mastered the HadoKen.

"Here ya go" Sakura said as she tossed Jubilee the bag.

Dressed in jeans and a shirt with Cartman Oon it saying "YEAH I WANT SOME CHEESY POOFS", Sakura said "That park was pure fun. Too bad a certain someone had to get in a fight with the bumper car guy!"

Jubilee, brushing off her usual trench coat, shorts and pink shirt said "Hey, can I help it if the bumper car had shoddy control. It would have been nice if I could've moved!"

Kairi, wearing a Rangers cap and blue jeans and black shirt, eyes fixed on the road, said "Yeah, but you didn't hafta pour my grape soda in his pants. You realize I paid a bit for that soda.'

"Ah, don't worry about that." Sakura said "We'll drop by Six Flags on the way home. Oh, we're supposed to drop by Ken's house on the way, right?"

"Not without gas, we can't" Jubilee observed as she got up to check on the gas. "Looks like someone forgot to fill up."

Kairi grunted and said "What do ya know, it's a gas station." Jubilee smiled and said "Angelo would say 'muy bueno' in a situation like this."

The gas station was small, but it had a nice little convenience store inside. As Kairi parked next to the gas pumps and stopped the car, he looked out the window.

"Must be self service." He said

"Well, while you're taking care of the gas we'll be getting some grub." Sakura said, opening the van doors. "Need anything?"

"Nah, I'm ok." Kairi replied.

As Jubilee and Sakura went off into the store, Kairi went over to the fuel pumps and started to fill the gas tanks. Then, he noticed a truck parked out in the back. In the distance, next to the van, something was in a heap on the ground. Kairi put the fuel pump back and went over to the truck. He gasped when he saw that it was a body lying on the ground of a man, a gaping hole in his chest and bowels. Next to his body was a single barrel shotgun.

"Oh, I will hate myself in the morning but..." Kairi searched the pocket of the dead man and found a box of shotgun shells. As he picked up the shotgun, he heard a shuffling sound. Kairi turned and saw a figure slowly going toward in him. When it came to the light, Kairi gasped and whispered "Son of a bitch..."

"Do you think Ev's cute?" Jubilee asked as she and Sakura walked into the convenience store.

Sakura shrugged her shoulder and said "I dunno. Why, you're thinking of..."

"Maybe. I dunno. If we did go out, it might go wrong some how."

Jubilee looked about and saw that the store was pretty huge. There was no one at the counter and county music was blaring on the loudspeaker.

"Where the hell is everyone?" Jubilee said. "Oh hey look, Tostitos." Jubilee picked up a bag and said "Wonder if he went to the john?"

Sakura went down an aisle, saying "Damn, no Surge here."

She looked toward the checkout aisle and gasped. A hand was on the floor in the aisle, looking as if a wild animal had chewed trough it. From out of the employee's bathroom, a low moan was heard. The door opened and out stepped what was once the store clerk.But now, half his face was gone, with only the fleshy parts showing, his body seemed to be a heap of rotting flesh.

"Oh my god, what is this guy?" Sakura yelled.

Jubilee ran to Sakura's side and said "A zombie! Don't cha know one when you see one!"

She unleashed a barrage of lights from her hands, burning it immediately. They ran past the zombie to the door, but saw that now several zombies were in front. The burning zombie rose and came toward them.

"HADOKEN" Sakura yelled as she released a fireball that blew the zombie apart. Jubilee closed the door as the zombies came closer.

"We're surrounded!" she said "Where the hell is Kairi."

"The wall of the convenience store in the back collapsed as Kairi drove the van in.

Opening the door, Jubilee said "You OK?"

"Take the wheel and drive by the fuel pump." Kairi said, holding the shotgun. Sakura took the wheel as Kairi and Jubilee opened the back of the van. The van tore through the glass door, knocking the zombies out of the way.

As Sakura past the fuel pumps, Kairi yelled "Screw you!" and shot at the huge gas puddle in front of the pumps, shutting the door quickly.

The puddle erupted into flames and the whole gas station immediately exploded, scattering zombie body parts every where.

As an arm fell on the windshield, Jubilee sighed. "Well so much for a vacation."


tigrrwildcat@hotmail.com
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page