UNEXPECTED MEETING Part 6: Flip Your Wings and Fly Up High written by Jenni


Flip your Wings and Fly Up High [mirror story] (part 6 in the Songbird Saga) by Jenni Summary: Mirror story. Shows Monet's view of taking Marie shopping. DISCLAIMER: Anything here that I don't own is property of Marvel comics, which pretty much means all I own is Songbird. _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ "That color is not me" Marie shakes her head. How can she not love this dress. And color is not what matters, name brands and the style/cut of the dress count. God, if she wasn't the only semi-decent other student here, I wouldn't even bother. "It is a designer name. Everyone in Milan is wearing it. It would not kill you to look decent for just one event." I hold the dress up in front of her. This is a long dress, which Marie doesn't wear enough of. It really would make her look more flattering. She rolls her eyes and gives her normal face of disapproval. Sometimes when she does that I want to laugh, but then I would have to break my composure. "Well what about this?" I hold up a replica of the dress Kate Winslet wore in Titanic. "Well, its nice but right now its 1999! I wanna party and actually wear normal clothes." "This black one with the camisole is normal." I hold up a classic little black dress that anyone who's anyone would wear. "Monet, when you were in the Penance shell, did you lose all concept of fashion?" Ugh, what I have to put up with when being friends with her. "Marie, this is designer wear. This is what they are wearing in Paris and Milan!" "We are in the U.S.A. though. When I'm in Paris I'll wear that, but now I want something a bit more cool. I've had it. We're going to the Rave." "That is a type of party Ms. Waite, not a store." Man, she is getting annoying. Ever since she started tolerating Jubilee she has gotten a little, well, frustrating. So she drags me up to the third floor to a store with a brightly lit sign that simply says *The Rave*. Inside are these dresses. I guess they're supposed to be some kind of designer wear, but where's the maturity? I bet some of these are only knockoffs. "What a *quaint* shop." "Look at this long black silk dress! It has slits in the skirt on both sides! Monet, if you wore this, you'd look like Aaliyah did in the Somebody video!" "But, its not designer." "Hey, I won't tell if you won't. Besides, I bet Ev won't be able to even form coherent sentences if he sees you in this." Now she has me. Not that I need help in getting Everett's attention, but Gaia and Jubilee will both be at this reunion. A little help wouldn't be that bad. Besides, maybe the others won't think me as a snob if I appear in a dress from the same store as Marie.I hold it up to myself and look at the price. "That is a good selling point. Its just a shame that he's escorting Jubilee to this reunion." I know I'm leaving myself open to questioning, but I know that Marie is definitely the one person I can trust with anything. "So what exactly IS the deal with them. Are they or aren't they?" Ah, the love square again. I place the dress on the hanger and hang it on my arm. "Ms. Lee wants him. I wouldn't mind him..." I give a little smirk. "Gaia wants him. And Everett? Well, Mr. Thomas doesn't know what he wants. And yet he does know that he doesn't want Ms. Lee." She scrunches her face up. "Gaia? Who's that?" I holds both my hands up and shake my head. "Don't even get me started. Lets just say she was before you and was after Everett too." She shrugs her shoulders and pulls a transparent blue shirt w/ black tank top off the rack. "Good enough for me." "You aren't going to wear a shirt set and pants to this thing, are you?" If she does that, I won't be seen with her. "No, this is for New Year's Eve. I'm thinkin bout sneaking out to go club hoppin." "Oh, don't scare me like that. Hmm, this dress would be good for you, and its your size. Bet Espinosa would leave Paige for you if you wore this." My turn to get some information. I don't like to search her thoughts for information, seeing as how she is my friend. "We," She snatches the gold dragon print dress that looks chinese from my hands. She nods upon finding the two slits in the side and smiles. I wonder what her cousin Robert will say. Or our teachers. "Are just friends." I lead the way to the registar. "Oh, so Mr. Starsmore will love you in that dress. And speaking of Mr. Starsmore..." She cuts me off by talking to the clerk. "Hi, we're ready now." The tall 18 college guy smiles and starts totaling everything up. I need to get my card out, but Marie better not think she's going get out of telling me the truth. "Griff, thats an unsual name." He smiles and looks up at her. "Yeah, its short for Griffon. My Mom has this thing for ancient mythology. Good thing it rubbed off on me, or I'd hate this name." "Well, I think its cool. Do you go to college around here?" I smile and shake my head. She always does this. Usually fun, but more often to avoid questions she doesn't want to answer. Well, at least she is less of a flirt than Emma. "Not right now, I need to save a little more money before I can start attending Harvard." A Harvard man, she may have found a good one. "What about you?" "Well, right now my friend and I." She motions towards me, while I hand him my Visa. I guess she's hinting that if he has a rich Harvard friend he should fix him up with me. Course, I might put up with that. "We attend the Massachusetts Academy." I join in. "Have you heard of it?" "Yeah, but level with me," He hands back my card and our bags. "I've heard about some strange things happening there from Dorian and Tracey. Any of it true? Is there any strange stuff happening up there?" Marie smiles. "Nope. Well, unless you count the strange sacrifices in the forest and that every 12th night of every 8th month all the dead and undead rise and gather there." Well, she does have a good sense of humor at least. HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES HER! Well, he doesn't look all that bright. "Um, well, thanks for shopping at the Rave." ~Tsk tsk. Flirting with that young man, what about Jonothon?~ I say, not even looking at her or breaking my stride. ~And what about Jonothon?~ She says. I think she is hiding something. ~Well aren't you two?~ ~No, I guess I wouldn't mind it, but he isn't ready for something like that right now. Maybe one day, but now we're just friends.~ ~Well, you two DID spend that day in Boston together.~ ~Monet, we're not.~ ~Sure sure~ ~Honestly....~ ....... (Fin)


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page