UNEXPECTED MEETING Part 2 of the Songbird Saga: Leaving the Nest written by Jenni


Leaving the Nest (Part 2 of the Songbird Saga.) Jenni SUMMARY: Marie (Songbird) is leaving home and coming to Snow Valley. Deals with with her reaction to coming to a school with fellow mutants and Gen X's reaction to having her come. Is she welcome? And why is Iceman there for her arrival? DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the Marvel characters used here. I don't earn money from this. I do it for the people, and cause writing this stuff gives me an excuse to not do homework. On with the story. _______________________________________________________________________ "Now be good Marie." My Mom gave me a hug and then wiped a tear from her eye. My Dad put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm proud of you honey." My Dad nodded to us both. "I'm gonna go get the car." he said as he walked down the O'Hare Terminal. "You know that no matter what you do, we'll always love you." I smiled at my Mom and nodded. "And don't be a stranger. You better come home for holidays still." She shook her head. "You know, if your father and I had had stronger powers, like you and your cousin, we may have had this opportunity. But, this is expected of you, you're a second generation mutant." My Mom gets way too caught up in the whole powers thing sometimes. "I'll be fine Mom. Dad just pulled the car up. You better get going." I smiled at her. "I'll take your word for it." She smiled and hugged me. "Good bye." She turned and walked down Terminal F. I waited till she got past F3 before I said something. ~Bye Mom, I love you.~ I could see her smile in my mind's eye. I shifted my bag off my shoulders and sat down. I closed my eyes to rest. I wonder how the other kids will react to me. ____At the Accademy_____ All the members of Generation X were gathered in Sean's office. "So what's the deal Cassidy? Who's the new brat? And why's Drake here?" asked Jubilee as she tossed a nerf ball up into the air over her head. "She's not a brat, she's my cousin, and I'm only here to go and pick her up. I haven't seen her for a year. After I drop her off back here, I start my drive back to New York." Bobby looked away from the window, to marvel at Emma's latest buy from Victoria's Secret. "Well, what're her basic stats Ese?" Angelo, who was also captivated by Emma's latest outfit, asked Sean. "She is a second generation mutant" started Emma. "Which means the lass is very strong and gifted." Sean interrupted. "Yes." Emma cast him a glance that put him back in his place. "She has a healing factor, which she will eventually be able to use on others; she has telepathic abilities, increased agility, can fly, and can send off highly condensed mind beams that she can shoot out her fingers or use as a forcefield." "Wow! That's all I have to say." Everett said, obviously impressed. "Nah, I meant visual stats though." Angelo drapped his arm around Paige. Paige pushed his arm off and grimaced at him. "You have a one track mind City Mouse." "That's why you go out with me Chica." Angelo smiled and put his arm back around Paige. "You already met her Angelo, back when all of you were roaming around Golf Mill." Bobby told him. "Cept she hides how she really looks when she's out in public." "Oh, well then, she was hot, but I only went up to her cause Jono wanted info on her but was too chicken to talk to her." Jono gave Angelo an evil glare. ~Bloody arse...~ mumbled Jonothon, ~thought you were the one who was stalkin 'er from the moment she walked in.~ Angelo flinched as Paige hit him with her book. He shrugged it off and continued staring at Emma. _____Back at O'Hare Airport_____ I can't believe it take them half an hour to even start boarding. I got up and went in line. A little girl pointed at me and her mother pulled her away from me. Maybe I should have made all of them see the mind illusion of the old me. Nah, people gotta start excepting the way I look now. White hair and all. The stewardess tells my seat number and I thank her. I walk down the aisle. Least the people here are too busy getting settled to notice me. I plop down in my window seat and lay my bag on the aisle seat. An hour and a half left. I got out my tarot cards and started to play solitaire. _____An hour and a half later_____ "Well Marie, I see you felt like causing a stir today. You look good." Bobby gave me a hug and hit my shoulder. "The others are excited to meet you." I gave him my patented *you can't be serious* look. "K, well, actually, they wanna see your powers. And maybe the hair..." He gave me a grin as we walked towards the baggage claim. A little boy over there is crying. I look into his mind and see he's lost. I seek out the mother's mental signature and draw her back to him. I watch the happy reunion and then refocus my attention on Bobby. He's still talking! I forgot how he could go on and on like this. There's my suitcases. I used my mind beams to move them close to me so I can grab them. Uh oh, he stopped talking. Better act like I was paying attention. I smile and nod. "Yeah." He looked at me. "It is so good to see you again. Don't worry, you'll fit in fine here." Oh yeah, I fool him without him even catching on. I am good. I get into his old Chevy and we drive on towards the Accademy.


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page