UNEXPECTED MEETING Part 1 of the Songbird Saga written by Jenni


Unexpected Meeting (Part 1 of the Songbird Saga.) Jenni SUMMARY: A new girl meets up with Skin. And they talk about stuff. Start of the Songbird Saga o^-^o. DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Gen X characters featured here, Marvel does. I do own the character Marie though ^-^. The people who aren't from Gen X are real, cept their names have been changed to protect the innocent, even if some of them aren't that innocent. Feedback please, cause I'm tryin to decide if I want to make this into a series. ______________________________________________________________________ I sat down at the table in the food court. I was early again. My friends weren't going to be here for... I looked down at my watch. I've got a little more than five minutes before they get here. Another day at Golf Mill. Not my favorite mall, mind you, but the closest one for people in the Niles area. Now Gurnee Mills, that's a good mall, but its almost an hour and a half drive. I sigh and survey the area. I am so bored. Is that guy checking me out? Well, at least he looks more decent than some of the guys I know. Like Matt. Ugh, he's smoking. He better at least put it out if he's gonna come over. Good, he did. Well, here he comes. "Hey Chica, anybody sittin' here?" "Nope, and you are?" "Name's Espinosa, Angelo Espinosa, what're you doin sittin here by yourself?" "Waiting for friends to show up. I'm Marie Waite. You don't look familiar, not from around here?" "Nope, visitin with friends from around Boston. Originally from LA though." "Hmm, City of Angels, never been around there really. So how long you stayin?" "Vamos manana Chica. We never stay in one place too long." He gave me a smile. I guess he's trying to charm me. Well, he seems normal. "Oh, I see. Lemme guess, you're with some top secret government agency, right?" "I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya." "Nah, can't let that happen, got way too many things planned." I flash him my most mischievous grin. "Uh oh, am I startin to talk to a bad girl?" "Yeah, bet I'd be a terrible influence on you." "Nah Chica, trust me, I've been around way worse influences than a 16," he paused and looked at me to see if he'd pinned down my age right. I nodded back to him with a smile. "Than a 16 year old girl from the burbs." He grinned. "Never underestimate people. You'd be surprised. This whole innocent thing? All a front. Some of my friends are even afraid to give me their e-mail addresses now." "Lemme guess, long story?" "Yup." "Well, even though I look like a muy guapo muchacho, I've been known to be a little risky." He gave off a bad boy profile look. I had to hold back a laugh. At least he has a sense of humor. An man in his 40's walks past in a hair-net. I point him out to Angelo. "Now what is the point of that? A hairnet on a guy with barely any hair." He started to chuckle. "Real nice Chica. Wonder if he's heard about the advancements in hair restoration." He then locked eyes with a guy who had a definite James Dean complex. Black jacket and slicked back hair. Angelo nodded for no reason. "I gotta go Chica. Maybe I'll see you 'round sometime." He smiled. I nodded good-bye and returned his smile. I watched as him and his companion faded from view. I could hear Angelo talking, but it seemed like a one-sided conversation. So now I'm alone again. Another headache's coming on. Been coming more frequently now that I have to hide the pale blue eyes and the white hair. Least the healing factor should kick in soon. Then it'll pass. I get out the letter from the Xavier Institute and start to glance over it again. Hard to believe this will be my last day of walking aimlessly around Golf Mill. There's Katya, Ann, and Liza now. Good thing, I need them to help me pick out clothes for the new life I'm gonna be starting. Goodbye Marie, hello Songbird.


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page