IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT'S A POPTART written by Amphitrite

Monet woke with a start, hearing Jubilee squeal from the showers. Now what's happened...Nevermind, too tired to care. Rolling over, she fell back asleep. Scowling, Jubilee stepped from the shower. There had been green hair dye in her shampoo, but her dark hair had only picked up a tint instead of turning bright green. Sighing, she toweled off her hair. So Paige wanted to keep the practical jokes going, did she? Changing quickly, she sprinted downstairs for her morning cartoons and a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. Settled down in her beanbag chair, Paige laughed as Jubes' footsteps faded, going downstairs. Grabbing a book from under her bed, she stretched. She couldn't wait to see Jubilee's hair... Downstairs, Penance snarled silently, attempting to work the TV remote without turning it to ribbons. Cartoon Network was on, probably because of Jubilee, and she couldn't seem to change the channel to MTV. "Lemme get that for you, chica, before you destroy another remote." Gratefully, Penance handed Angelo the remote. She tapped the tv guide where it read MTV. Sitting down on the couch, Angelo switched the channel. "Hey! Who turned off the Flintstones?" Jubilee walked out of the kitchen, holding a bowl of cereal. Her hair was tinged green. Grinning at her, Skin paused from munching on a poptart. "Penny an' me wanted ta watch somethin else...what happened to your hair?" Penance smiled innocently. Jubilee sat down, watching the TV, which was now blaring with music videos. "Paige decided to get me back for waking her up with my pyrotechnics....." "Hey, Jubes, nice hair..seen the Fruity Pebbles?" Paige stuck her head into the room. "MTV, cool." "I know you did this to my hair, don't play innocent!" Scowling, Jubilee threw a couch cushion at Husk. Penance ran into the kitchen. "So? You started it!" Laughing, Paige dodged the flying cushion. Cushion having missed, Jubilee threw another, with more force. "Oof!" Caught full on by the cushion, Husk stumbled backwards. "All I wanted was the cereal, but you asked for it!" Paige threw the cushion back at Jubilee. Turning, Jubilee dodged the cushion, but knocked over the box of Fruity Pebbles. Cereal spilled everywhere. Shaking Fruity pebbles out of his hair, Angelo glared at Husk and Jubilee. Stretching out his skin, he pinned both of their arms to their sides. "All I wanted was to eat my breakfast in peace..." Wiggling as Skin pinned her arms to her sides, Jubilee, stuck her tongue out at Husk. "No fair, Angelo!" "Stop with the flying cushions, chica, and I'll put you down. Deal?" Suddenly he let go as an oven mitt hit him in the back of the head. "Wha?" Smirking silently from the kitchen door, Penance held several more oven mitts and potholders speared on her fingers, the remains of three or four somewhat shredded apples at her feet. With a flick of her wrist, she threw a potholder at Husk. Laughing, Paige caught the potholder. "So you want in on the fun, eh Penny?" Laughing, she tossed the potholder at Jubilee. When Jono walked in a half-hour later, he looked around in disbelief. The walls were splattered with the remains of apples and poptarts. Several tattered, swiss-cheese looking potholders and oven mitts littered the chairs and television. The floor was carpeted with Fruity Pebbles. Skin, Jubilee and Husk were laughing, collapsed on the couch. Penny grinned up at him from her perch on a chair. *Awwwww.....did I miss all the fun?*


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page