EXTERMINATED written by Multi-Facets


Author's note: This 'fic takes place about three years in the future. And I'm gonna be very cruel to Rat Boy, even though I don't think he'd stoop as low as I'm gonna make him go. I hate the guy, and the two other stars are gonna be as nasty to him as I would like to be. (Insert evil grin and ominous music here.)


Tristan Brawn was normally an unflappable guy, but something finally freaked him out: One minute he was sleeping peacefully in his bed; the next he was bound and muffled in his own blankets, dropped out the window and dragged for who knew how many miles into the woods surrounding the Massachusetts Academy. The dragging stopped he was shoved into a ditch, thankfully, giving him time to untangle himself from the sheets and get his bearings.

A pale, crescent moon illuminated the ditch quite clearly: It was full of pebbles, moss, tree roots, and surrounded by shrubbery and immensely tall trees. Tristan knew this place, and wondered why he'd be brought here.

Someone laughed at him, a spectral, eerie laugh that almost scared him. "All right!" Tristan called. "Come on out and show yourself, instead of laughing from the shadows like a coward."

There was no answer, but Tristan suddenly got the urge to turn around. He saw a young man a year or so older than he, dressed entirely in black, only his glittering green eyes and auburn hair showing from the shadows. Tristan's jaw dropped as he recognized his kidnapper.

*Hello, Rat Boy,* Jonothon Starsmore, the mutant known as Chamber greeted with a low, dangerous note in his mental voice.

"What is the meaning of this, Starsmore?" Tristan demanded. "Why have you brought me here?"

The answer was cold and simple.

*Revenge.*

Jonothon tore into Tristan, attacking him with all the strength his fury could give him. Tristan could defend himself pretty well, but then again, he wasn't trained for combat the way Chamber was. Blood flowed from the many cuts Tristan received and myriad bruises covered his flesh. When Jono finally flung him against a boulder and ended the assault, Tristan managed to stand and face his attacker again. "Why?" he said around a mouthful of loose teeth and blood-slick saliva. "Why are you…. doing this?"

*Oh sure, pretend not to know,* Jonothon snarled, pacing in front of Tristan like an agitated wolf. *I know you know this place. It's where you lured her, promising a romantic view of the stars. It's where you lulled her into feeling safe and good, and where you began to romance her with all your slick savoire-faire.

*This is where you raped her, knowing she wouldn't tell, because if she did, you'd tell everyone about Generation X,* Jono snapped. *But she told me, and I told you what would happen if you caused her the slightest discomfort.* Jonothon nailed Tristan with an enraged glare. *What you did goes way beyond the slightest discomfort.*

"You can't blow off my face, Starsmore. The headmasters would know it was you who did it," Tristan accused.

*I know,* Jono replied. *That's why I won't. There's something else planned for you instead.* He seemed to smile. *I've been waiting three years for this.* He looked over his shoulder. *Your turn, Sunshine.*

Padding footsteps alerted Tristan to another person's coming. Shaking, he stared at the new arrival. "Paige," he whispered in horror, staring at her sleek, razor-edged adamantium form, knowing why she had taken it. "No!"

"Yes," Husk hissed menacingly.

"Don't! I've had enough! I won't say a word! Just turn me over to someone!" Tristan babbled, trying to get up.

"I can't -I won't- take that chance," Husk answered. "If we turn you over to the police or give you to Emma and Sean, you'll go to jail and your grandfather will bail you out and sue the school, and Gen X's secret will be out. I won't let you betray my friends…. and I won't let you get off so easily. I want revenge, Tristan!"

Paige grabbed him and rammed against a wall of the ditch, pinning him. With cold wrath seething in her eyes, she took one clawed hand and jammed it under his ribs, ripping apart his heart and lungs; the other hand went to Tristan's throat, slicing it wide open.

As soon as the body stilled, Paige let it slip off her claws and fall to the forest floor. She shed her metal skin and let Chamber turn it into dust. Silently, Jono shed his leather jacket and draped it around her, then went on to erase all traces of them from the ditch.

As night began to shift to day, Jonothon and Paige swore a vow of secrecy, clasped hands and walked out of the woods, leaving the late Tristan Brawn to rot in the dirt.

END.


tigrrwildcat@hotmail.com
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page