AND IN TURN...
written by Quamp

(Front cover. We see the members of Generation X fighting the Thunderbolts. In the background, Adrienne Frost is smiling. Caption notation: Ad- Adrienne Frost.)
Hawkeye: Have you no shame, sending teenagers in to do your work!?
Adrienne: These teenagers are more than you can handle, Hawkeye.

(Page 1, panel 1. We see M talking to Banshee alone. Both wear their uniforms and are in Banshee’s office.)

Cap (N1): Another day at the Xavier School for gifted youngsters.
Cap (N2): However, there is dissension among the ranks....
M: I will put it plainly, Monsieur Cassidy. I do not like Adrienne Frost.
Banshee: I see.... any reason why?

(Panel 2. They continue to talk.)

M It’s her... oh, what’s the phrase? Arrière pensée - she is up to no good.
Banshee: Ye think she has some kind of ulterior motive?

(Panel 3. M agrees.)

M: Oui. I think she plans to use us in some fashion. I just wish I could read her mind to find out what.
Banshee: Lassie, I’ll have a talk with her. But f’r now, you’ve got a test tomorrow.

(Panel 4. M backs off.)

M: Merci, Monsieur Cassidy.
Cap (B1): I admit I’ve had some apprehension about Emma’s sister meself.
Cap (B2): She seems t’be like Emma used t’be.
Cap (B3): I just hope she’s not enough t’make Emma revert back t’her old ways.

(Page 2, panel 1. M exits as the White Queen enters.)

Queen: You wanted to see me, Sean?
Banshee: Heh, canna keep anything from ye, can I lass?

(Panel 2. The White Queen smiles as she approaches Banshee.)

Queen: No, and don’t forget that.
Banshee: It’s yer sister, Adrienne. She’s got some ulterior motive fer wanting t’be headmistress of this school with us. She’s giving some of the lads and lassies the willies.

(Panel 3. The White Queen scowls as they continue to talk.)

Queen: We wouldn’t be in this mess if you had let me handle things like I wanted to.
Banshee: But the situation has gotten serious. Remember, you’re still headmistress of this school too.

(Panel 4. Go over to see the members of Generation X sitting in a classroom, wearing the school uniforms they had in issue #46. Penance has a new uniform, which she wears beneath her uniform. Teaching the team is Lotus. Lotus wears a gray woman’s business outfit.)

Cap (N1): They have a guest lecturer today.
Cap (N2): Lotus from Group X has come to give them a psychology lesson.
Lotus: Therefore, it is possible to defeat an opponent without even lifting a finger. The greatest warriors of all time have relied on one thing to win - their minds. It’s the main thing that sets us apart from other animals.

(Page 3, panel 1. Lotus continues to talk.)

Lotus: Now, let’s move on to Transpersonalism. This is one branch of psychology, which is often overlooked in matters, but in my opinion it works the best. The founder of this school of thought is a Doctor Ron Archer, and he’s still living in France.

(Panel 2. The members of Generation X take notes at Lotus continues to talk.)

Lotus: This school of thought assumes several things:
1. That every case is different, and must be handled in a unique way.
2. That in every insane person there’s a sane person struggling to get out.
3. In curing someone, you should look at spiritual as well as psychological causes of their problems. Sometimes the cause may be a crisis of faith as well as a crisis of the mind.
4. That healing can be tedious, or it can be simple. The goal is to get the patient to accept the word of the psychologist without question, often making a leap of faith. Usually this is used in conjunction with a leap of faith to a divine being.

(Panel 3. Lotus continues to talk as Penance raises her hand. )

Lotus: Usually the reason why Transpersonalism works is because it leads the patient through stages of healing, often combined with the patient’s faith in a supreme entity. Usually, the patient goes through radical changes over time. In the end the patient says that it was just what they needed.
Penance: Ms. Jones, how do these transpersonals determine the proper treatment?

(Panel 4. Lotus smiles.)

Lotus: Ah, Good question. That's done mostly through parametric testing and knowledge gathering of the patient - finding out the history. It may be seen under other pretenses, however. The therapist may use some kind of religious ceremony or other thing to determine what is needed.

(Panel 5. Lotus turns.)

Lotus: Well, that’s all for now - read the book I have provided for you: Oneness: Our heritage, our destiny.

(Page 4, panel 1. Thunderbolts headquarters. We see the team gathered around a table, while Dallas Ridorian looks them over. Dallas is in a blouse and skirt; the others are in their uniforms.)

Cap (N): And in Thunderbolts headquarters...
Dallas: all right, gang. There’s a new threat in the Northeast that we have to deal with.

(Panel 2. Dallas turns on a projector, showing a picture of Adrienne Frost.)

Dallas: This is Adrienne Frost. She is a powerful businesswoman in the Boston area. However, we’ve been able to tie her to some very shady dealings. She must be brought into justice.

(Panel 3. Dallas faces the Thunderbolts.)

Dallas: She is no pushover; this woman is a telepath of the first order. She’s allegedly the sister of the former White Queen of the Hellfire club. She also allegedly has something of an army at her disposal.

(Panel 4. Hawkeye smiles slightly as he stands.)

Hawkeye: Well, we’ve got an army of sorts of our own...

(Page 5, panel 1. Adrienne Frost’s business. We see her talking to her assistant, James.)

Cap (N1): Meridian Enterprises.
Cap (N2): Right now, C.E.O. Adrienne Frost is in the middle of something very important...

Adrienne: Don’t tell me what I can and cannot do!!

(Panel 2. Adrienne is angry.)

Adrienne: Remember I sign your paycheck, Mister!!
James: Ms. Frost, interfering with the government of Trans-Sabal is not exactly a good thing to do... after all, it is one large landmine... and the court of public opinion -

(Panel 3. Adrienne stands from her desk.)

Adrienne: Screw the court of public opinion!! My job here is to maximize profits, not pander to some minority bleeding hearts! Generation X will be going to Trans-Sabal... Even if I have to fly them there myself!
James: Then with all due respect, I must tender my resignation. Ms. Frost, I will not be a part to mass murder and the overthrow of a democratically elected government. And the worst part about it is, you’re lying to a bunch of teenagers to get what you want.

(Panel 4. Adrienne is surprised.)

Adrienne: So, you’ve finally developed a conscience? Pity... you won’t get far in this world with one.
James: Ms. Frost... what scares me the most about you, is why you choose to ignore yours. I will be cleaning out my desk.

(Page 6, panel 1. Exit James.)

Cap (Ad1): Well, there goes any resistance of my plans.
Cap (Ad2): He can be replaced.
Cap (Ad3) The important thing is that my plans go through.

(Panel 2. Back with the Thunderbolts. We see them arrive at the offices of Median Enterprises.)

Cap (N1): About three hours later.
Cap (N2): The Thunderbolts arrive in Boston.
Cap (N3): And now, Adrienne will feel the heat.

(Panel 3. The team walks in as Atlas returns to his normal height.)

Hawkeye: Now, if I was some ruthless corporate pirate, where would I put my office...?
Voice (from off panel): 11th-12th floors, suite 1101.

(Panel 4. They turn to see James there, carrying a box filled with stuff.)

James: I suppose you’re here about Ms. Frost. You have to stop her. She’s become so dedicated to her goals that she doesn’t care how she reaches them.
Hawkeye: We’ve got a warrant for her arrest.

(Panel 5. We see the Thunderbolts enter Adrienne’s empty office.)

Cap (N): And an elevator ride to the 11th floor later...
Hawkeye: Damn!! She knew we were coming.
Moonstone: Now what?

(Panel 6. They search the place.)

Hawkeye: Find something - anything that could lead us to her.

(Panel 7. Jolt finds a piece of paper in the garbage can.)

Jolt: Here’s something ... "The School for Gifted Youngsters, Snow Valley, MA."
Moonstone: Dollars to doughnut’s that’s where she is.

(Page 7, panel 1. Back at the academy. We see Lotus talking to Banshee. They are in his office, wearing what they had on earlier.)

Lotus: Well, Jubilee is something of a special case. Have you tried teaching her in different styles?
Banshee: What do ye mean?

(Panel 2. They continue to talk.)

Lotus: Well, it’s simple, actually. I think she needs an intense, one-on-one treatment. She seems to have a somewhat low self-esteem when it comes to learning. She needs positive feedback in the matter. Intelligence wise, she doesn’t seem to have a lot of intelligence A. She seems to be more inclined to intelligence B.
Banshee: Meaning...?

(Panel 3. Lotus is deadpan.)

Lotus: Well, people who are high in intelligence B tend to be very creative - have you tried encouraging her in the arts?
Banshee: Not really, but I’ve noticed she tends t’draw a lot on her textbook over jackets. She’s nae bad in that department.
Lotus: Perhaps some art lessons from Peter* could brighten up her day.
Cap (N): *Peter Rasputin - a.k.a. Colossus.

(Panel 4. Banshee smiles.)

Banshee: We’ve got that scheduled next week.
Lotus: I think if you relate other lessons to the arts, she’s going to be more receptive to learning.

(Page 8, panel 1. Adrienne knocks on the door.)

Adrienne: Am I disturbing you?
Banshee: Nae, lassie.
Lotus: I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m Lecita Jones, and you are... ?

(Panel 2. Adrienne approaches Banshee.)

Adrienne: Adrienne Frost.
Lotus: Ah, yes... Emma’s sister. I’ve heard a lot about you.

Psi balloon (Pointing to Lotus) Sean, run away as fast as you can from her. I can tell she’s up to no good. Her soul has repressed her conscience.

(Panel 3. Adrienne shoots a dirty look at Lotus.)

Adrienne: I need to talk to Banshee for a moment.... alone.
Lotus: Fine with me.

(Panel 4. Exit Lotus. Follow her out.)

Cap (L): I’d better talk to Emma about her sister here.

(Panel 5. Enter Adrienne.)

Adrienne: Still around here, are we?
Lotus: I may not be able to read minds, Adrienne... but I can read your spirit. I’ll warn you now... don’t even think of trying it.

(Panel 6. Adrienne is serious.)

Adrienne: You had best stay out of my way...
Lotus: I’ve never been one to predict the future, but I can guarantee you that if you don’t change, and now... you’re going to be in big trouble within the week.

(Page 9, panel 1. We see Alejandro Montoya entering the headquarters. This is in the foyer, and he wears a suit and tie.)

Cap (N): And elsewhere...
Alejandro: Well, ¿Donde está mi amor?

(Panel 2. Enter Adrienne Frost.)

Adrienne: Well, hello...
Alejandro: Señorita, I am looking for Emma Frost.

(Panel 3. Adrienne approaches Alejandro.)

Adrienne: She’s busy right now... is there something I could help you with?

(Panel 4. Alejandro shies away.)

Alejandro: We had a date tonight.
Adrienne: Well, I don’t think she’s going to be ready tonight... she’s very busy.

(Panel 5. Enter the White Queen.)

Cap (Alejandro): Da gracias al Dios...
Queen: Alejandro, it’s good to see you again.
Cap (Ad): Damn.

(Page 10, panel 1. The White Queen takes Alejandro’s hand.)

Queen: I see you’ve met my sister, Adrienne...
Alejandro: Sí.

(Panel 2. Alejandro leads the White Queen to the door.)

Alejandro: I have us a wonderful night tonight, mi amor.
Queen: That sounds wonderful, Alejandro.

(Panel 3. The White Queen and Alejandro go off together.)

Psi balloon (Pointing to the White Queen): Keep your meathooks off of him, Adrienne... Alejandro is my lover.
Psi balloon (Pointing to Adrienne): For the moment... maybe.

(Panel 4. Enter Banshee as the White Queen and Alejandro exit.)

Banshee: Ye’d better be careful, lassie... Emma’s mighty territorial about him.
Adrienne: You couldn’t possibly know what I’m thinking.

(Page 11, panel 1. Banshee is deadpan as Adrienne faces him.)

Banshee: Yer not too different from yer sister, Adrienne.
Adrienne: She told me you had sonic powers, not telepathy...

(Panel 2. Banshee smiles sinisterly.)

Banshee: I donna need t’be a telepath to know that yer up t’something... and if it’s bad, I assure ye the whole team will have no quarrels about taking you down.

(Panel 3. Go back to the Thunderbolts. We see them flying over Snow Valley, nearing the academy.)

Cap (N) And back with the Thunderbolts...
Moonstone: We’re getting close... I can feel it...

(Panel 4. They arrive at the academy’s gates.)

Hawkeye: This is it, gang... now, let’s go inside...

(Panel 4. Go back to Banshee and Adrienne. We see them start to argue.)

Banshee: Ever since ye came here, you’ve been nothing but bad news... and I know ye want Generation X for something bad... I’m gonnae tell ye now that they won’t follow you blindly. (Page 12, panel 1. Enter the other members of Generation X, except for the White Queen.)

Jubilee: Like, you called, Ms. Frost?
Adrienne: No, Jubilation. Go back to your studies.

(Panel 2. Banshee stops them.)

Banshee: Wait a moment, laddies... I think ye should be here f’r this.
Synch: What is it, Mr. Cassidy?

(Panel 3. Adrienne stares daggers at Banshee.)

Adrienne: Mr. Cassidy, I do not like the direction this conversation is going.
Banshee: An’ I donna want ye using Generation X to settle some petty squabble ye have with some foreign government. We are here to teach these children how t’use their powers to benefit others, not have them fighting in some foreign country to push the profit line higher.

(Panel 4. Adrienne is angered.)

Adrienne: You’re out of line, Mr. Cassidy.
Banshee: Yer the one out of line, Adrienne. Yer former secretary told us everything.

(Page 13, panel 1. Enter the Thunderbolts, from several different directions.)

Hawkeye: (1) Adrienne Marcella Frost...
Hawkeye: (2) For numerous crimes, violations of laws and ties to organized crime,
Hawkeye: (3) You are under arrest.
Hawkeye: (4) You have been indicted.
Jubilee: Woah, what’s going on here?
Banshee: I always knew ye were up t’no good, Adrienne -- but what you had planned was utterly intolerable.

(Page 14, panel 1. Focus on Adrienne’s face.)

Adrienne: You want me, you’ll have to go through them first.

(Panel 2. Banshee, Skin, Synch, Jubilee, and Penance attack the Thunderbolts. M and Chamber fall to their knees and grab their heads.)

M: NON!! I will not be mind controlled!!
Adrienne: You don’t have a choice in the matter, St. Croix.

(Panel 3. M passes out.)

M: I would rather - uhn....
Psi balloon: (pointing to Chamber) Get out of me mind, woman!

(Panel 4. Jubilee tries to shoot energy plasmoids at Jolt, who tries to avoid them.)

Jolt: Snap out of this!! Don’t let her control you!!

(Page 15, panel 1. Hawkeye tries to shoot an arrow at Adrienne, but ends up hitting Adrienne’s telekinetic shield.)

Adrienne: Nice try, bowman... but I’m more prepared than that.
Hawkeye: Mind controlling others to save your hide is sinking to new lows, lady.

(Panel 2. Banshee sonically screams at Moonstone, who turns intangible.)

Banshee: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Moonstone: Banshee, snap out of it! We’re on your side now!

(Panel 3. Synch, synching to Jubilee’s power, shoots energy plasmoids at Songbird, who blocks them with a sonic shield.)

Cap (N1): They try their best not to hurt Generation X.
Cap (N2): Because they are not the ones in control.

(Panel 4. M stands up.)

M: You have lost, Mademoiselle Frost... and I will personally see to it you do not get away.

(Panel 5. Adrienne strikes M with a diving kick.)

Adrienne: You have a lot to learn about things, St. Croix.
SFX: WHAM!!!

(Page 16, panel 1. Back with the White Queen and Alejandro. We see them sitting in Alejandro’s limo, with an arm around each other.)

Cap (N): And back here...
Alejandro: I have a wonderful time planned tonight, mi amor...

(Panel 2. The White Queen receives a telepathic message.)

Psi balloon: Mademoiselle Frost, come back to the academy. We need you here!!
Queen: (Surprised) Trouble! I’ve got to get back to the academy!

(Panel 3. Alejandro lowers the privacy visor.)

Alejandro: Miguel, vuelva a la escuela. ¡Más rapido!

(Panel 4. Back at the academy. We see Skin stretching himself, trying to catch Jolt.)

Cap (N): Meanwhile...
Skin: Slow down, gringa!
Jolt: Right, like I’m going to slow down just because you said so.

(Page 17, panel 1. Adrienne Frost is trying to sneak out of the back door.)

Cap (Ad): She who fights and runs away...
(Panel 2. Adrienne opens the back door to see the White Queen standing there.)

Psi balloon (pointing to the White Queen): Going somewhere, sister?
Adrienne: Out of my way, Emma.

(Panel 3. The White Queen advances on Adrienne.)

Queen: (with disgust) I should have known that my own sister would try to take advantage of me like this. The deal’s off, Adrienne. You are no longer welcome here.
Adrienne: You can’t stop me.

(Panel 4. Adrienne narrows her eyes at the White Queen.)

Queen: Someone has to. I can’t believe you’d use a group of teenagers to take over a country just so you can report higher profits to your stockholders.
Adrienne: My sole duty is to them... They chose me to run the company as I saw fit.

(Panel 5. The White Queen smiles slightly.)

Queen: After you psychically induced them to elect you C.E.O..
Adrienne: They couldn’t have mad a finer choice.

(Panel 6. The White Queen is further disgusted as Adrienne tries to go around her.)

Queen: That’s the big difference between you and I, sister... I know when something is unconscionable.
Adrienne: Oh, morality, ethics, and other flag-waving words won’t help you here... they’re not the ones that earn that dollar.

(Page 18, panel 1. We see The White Queen facing Adrienne.)

Queen: You’ve done some bad things in the past, but this is the straw that broke the camel’s back.
Adrienne: I’m not going down without a fight, sister. You more than anyone should know that.

(Panel 2. The two of them attack each other, trading punches.)

Adrienne: I could always best you in combat, sister.
Queen: There’s always a first time for everything...

SFX: WHAP!!!

(Panel 3. Adrienne connects with a knee to the White Queen’s stomach.)

SFX: POW!!

(Panel 4. The White Queen rams Adrienne with her shoulder.)

SFX: WHAM!!

(Panel 5. Adrienne connects with a foot to the White Queen’s jaw.)

SFX: WHOK!!!

(Page 19, panel 1. The two of them separate briefly.)

Adrienne: Give it up, Emma... you know you can’t win.
Queen: You may have been lording things over me all my life... but not anymore.

(Panel 2. The White Queen makes a diving kick, striking Adrienne.)

SFX: WHAM!!!

(Panel 3. Go back to the others. We see the members of Generation X stop fighting the Thunderbolts.)

Jubilee: Woah... like, what happened?
Hawkeye: Thunderbolts, cease your attacks. Looks like they’ve gotten out of the mind control thing.

(Panel 4. A very confused Generation X looks at the Thunderbolts.)

Synch: The Thunderbolts?
Hawkeye: Welcome back to the land of the real. You’ve been under the mind control of Adrienne Frost, whom we’re here to arrest.

(Panel 5. Generation X looks around the place.)

Synch: I don’t know what she did, but we’re going to help you bring her in .
Jubilee: I like totally hate it when someone mind controls me!

(Page 20, panel 1. Go back to see Adrienne Frost and the White Queen still fighting. The White Queen blocks one of Adrienne’s punches.)

Queen: I’ve had training by the best, Adrienne. I’m a very different woman from that 6-year-old you forced to be your slave.
Adrienne: But one thing has remained constant: I am superior to you.

(Panel 2. The White Queen Jumps on Adrienne’s back, getting her in a sleeper hold.)

Adrienne: UHN!!
Queen: I’ve had enough of this and I’ve had enough of you.

(Panel 3. Adrienne sinks to her knees.)

Adrienne: (gradually getting weaker) I’ll get you... .for this... sister...
Queen: Goodnight, sister.

(Panel 4. Adrienne passes out just as the Thunderbolts and Generation X enter.)

Hawkeye: Adrienne Frost, you’re under arrest!

(Panel 5. The White Queen lets go of Adrienne as Adrienne falls to the floor.)

Queen: She’s out cold, and will be for an hour or so..

(Page 21, panel 1. Moonstone and Songbird handcuff Adrienne.)

Queen: It’s over now. I just wish there was some way I could have saved her.
Hawkeye: Everything will work out for the best, White Queen.

(Panel 2. The next day. We see the Thunderbolt ladies coming in from shopping with the Generation X ladies. They have several bags marked with various mall retailers.)

Cap (N1): The next day.
Cap (N2): The ladies relax by going shopping.
Jolt: Man, this setup you’ve got here is wonderful.
Jubilee: Yea, it’s like so majorly cool here. But we like have our share of villains coming in trying to destroy us too, o.k.?

(Panel 3. They set down their stuff.)

Moonstone: I’m so glad we had this time. I’ve forgotten what it was like having a nice, quiet day with some friends.... going shopping, and just being a woman.
Dallas: True... but then again, tomorrow it’s back to the old grind again.

(Panel 4. Jolt smiles slightly.)

Jolt: Maybe someday, I’ll be able to help to come over here and study with you.
Jubilee: That would be majorly cool, Halie.

(Page 22, panel 1. We see Hawkeye, the White Queen, and Banshee talking.)

Hawkeye: Well, Adrienne Frost now has a comfortable home in the Vault, away from people she can trample to get to the top.
Queen: Yes... Adrienne was always the one who never cared about what other people thought about her. Fortunately, she now has a chance to change her ways...
(Panel 2. Focus on the White Queen’s face.)

Queen: But knowing her, it’s going to take a lot to change her mind...

(Panel 3. The Vault. We see Adrienne Frost being lead into a holding cell. She wears a mutant power-suppressing collar.)

Cap (N1): And 30 minutes later, in Colorado,
Cap (N2): Adrienne Frost is lead to her new home.

Cap (Ad): I’ll get you for this, sister... you may think you have won, but this victory is only temporary... I’ll be back.

(Panel 4. Adrienne is locked in a cell.)

Voice (from off panel): Well, fancy meeting you again.
Adrienne: (now worried) Helen...?

(Panel 5. Adrienne turns to see a large woman in the cell next to her.)

Helen: Thought you could get away with leaving me to rot, hm? Oh, this is going to be so delicious...

--End--


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page