RUNNING AWAY FROM NOWHERE
Chapter 2
written by Bizzy

Chapter 2 Running away from nowhere The black brand new Cadillac Seville that stood gleaming parked across the street from a Public school somewhere in New York couldn't help but look suspicious as did it's driver watching vigil on the door of the broken down school across the street. His identity concealed by dark sunglasses and tinted windows. He sits and waits totally unaware of the events that are about to transpire in that old public school building he watches so intently. Some where inside the school among the many halls and classrooms of a small Asian adolescent strides with confidence. Confidence is an unusual thing for this young man, and understandably so seeing how he was dwarfed in size due to being born addicted to heroine, stigmatized by his parents, and not accepted by his peers. But this young man strides with confidence for knowing he has worked hard after working four months in his parents store he finally earned enough money to buy a 150 dollar pair of tennis shoes. But little does this young man know his joy is about to end. "Hey Bruce Lee" said A large boy with a crowd of his friend gathering behind him. The young Asian boy ignores him sensing the impending confrontation. The larger boy taps the Asian boy on the shoulder "Bruce Lee I'm talkin' to you" "My Name is Ray" he snaps back "Ahhh..Those is some nice kicks..What're those the new Jordans" Ray doesn't answer "I SAID are those the new Jordans" the larger boy says the crowd behind him drawing in closer "Yes" "Welllllllll...Why don't you give 'em to me " "Huh..NO" ray says "To bad we could of done this the easy way" The boy bends over and grabs a handful, of Rays sweater pressing him against some near by lockers. The Asian boy takes a deep breath, then explodes with a blow to the boys face too power for a regular boy his size to throw. "Shit" the larger boy, says rubbing his now throbbing face. With in a matter of second the crowd begins to converge on Ray kicking, punching, and grabbing at him. Through sheer determination the young boy escapes but as he runs away he sees the boy he hit hold his new tennis hoes up in victory. The Man in the Cadillac keys the ignition as soon as he sees the young Asian boy comes running out of the school. He follows the boy all the way to a modest corner store in one of the more unsavory parts of town. Inside the store the boy leans on the counter attempting to compose himself. "Don't even have enough respect to say hello to your father Raiga"*1 Ray having not noticed the skinny gray haired Korean man coming out of the back of the store "Hello father"*1 the young boy says "Ray watch the store while I go pick up yo-..Ray what happened to your shoes"*1 the old man says looking down at the boys bare feet "Some kids at school took them" the old man shake his head and head toward the door, and as he leaves Ray can hear him whisper "to think I have Raised a coward"*1 *1 Translated from Korean ______________________________________________ Some thousands of miles a way in a large isolated school some where in Massachusetts with in the confounds of the dorm room. A confidential conversation takes place "Ev amigo we can't let them get away with this shit they come in our room take your shaving cream, my lucky draws. Then we go for a little pay back and they squeal on us like girls" "Number one They are girls number two Angelo you almost got suspended last time for that stuff lets not push our luck" Everett Thomas says in his characteristically mellow tone. "This isn't about your fancy logistics Ev this is about pride" " Fine but how do you plan to do this Angelo think about it the girls, Ms. Frost and Mr.Cassidy will be expecting us to do this. How DO YOU even plan to get in without being seen last time you managed to hack into the security system and cut it off, but after that last incident they completely changed all the codes. Not EVEN Bill Gates could hack it. Now face it Ange it's hopeless. I'll put it this way Ange you figure out how to get in I'm in I'm in...Any bright ideas" "Not at the moment" *I think I might be able to help* Jonathon Starsmore says telepathically as he stands in the doorway of Angleo and Everett's room. Angelo turns to Everett and says " you in now Amigo or was all that stuff just talk" there was a brief silence in the room as Everett contemplated his answer "It's On" Everett said now matching Angelo's sinister smile *It's on indeed* Jono Added "Indeed" Skin said happy realizing that his plan was coming together ________________________________________________ Back at that corner store the young Korean Boy now stood behind the register barely able to see over the top of the counter. He stood mesmerized staring at his now bare feet until the opening of the Front door of the store broke his trance. Two young men walked in. Ray immediately recognized one of them as one of the boys that had taken his shoes. "Hey what's up Chinese Crack Baby" "Can I help you" Ray muttered out barley controlling his mounting anger "Yeah give me two packs of cigarettes and a package of Kool-Aid" Ray thought of saying no, but than he thought of how his parents would kill him for letting business walk out the door. He placed the items on the counter and said "that'll be five twenty five" "Who the fuck said we was gonna pay for it Jackie Chan" the boy said snatching the items off the counter. Ray watched the boys walk out, then walked to the doorway watching as the boys ran away. He took a sinister pleasure he toying with the boys letting them think they had gotten away. He watched until they were a good five blocks away. Then erupted in an inhuman burst of speed catching up to the boys in second who were once blocks away. Grabbing both by they're shirts and throwing them on the ground. He began to smile until he noticed his father's car behind him. His parents got out their faces painted with looks of horror and disgust. His father looked at him with an unfamiliar hate " How dare you. You have already disgraced our family. It was bad enough to have raised a coward but a mutant. I can no longer call you my son" Ray now turned to look at his mother for condolence only to receive a blank stare. Ray now sped of at a greater speed than he used to catch the boys. A car pulled up beside him and a raspy voice with a heavy spanish accent said, "get in". Ray decided to get in seeing he no longer had anything to lose. " It's a bitch being a mutant isn't it little homey," the man said "What the hell would you know about how hard it is to be a mutant". The man did not answer he instead pulled of his dark sunglasses revealing a pair of black snake like eyes. "My name is Victor," the man said "Like I said this shit is fucked up. I'm here to help " "What can you do?" Ray said "Here" the man handed ray a large roll of money, some keys and pager. "Those keys are to an apartment where you can stay and that money is to get yourself some new clothes and shoes" "What's the pager for" "don't worry about that right now, but when it goes off you meet at where the pager says alright" " little man" "Yeah" Ray said "What's your name" Ray thought how he hated everything about his parents even the name they gave him "Call me Bizzy" Ray said confidently "O.K. and another thing Bizzy" "Yeah" "Keep your head up I know what it's like"


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page