MUTINY? THIS EARLY? written by Echo

This morning Angelo knew what woke him up, there was no question about it. How could he mistake Banshee's hollar from the end of the hall?
"Up and at 'em lad's. We need to get going in about half an hour."
"At least he didn't use a sonic scream," Angelo mumbled to himself. "Then i'd have to beat his irish butt sensless." Angelo grabbed his suitcase and put it out in the hall. Then he proceeded to get dressed. When he went down to the kitchen he saw an equally tired Jubilee sitting at the table. He woke her up before her head could fall into her fruit loops.
"Morning chica," he yawned as he started searching for the coco puffs. "What time is it?"
//Too Bloody early,// Jono answered as he walked in the room. He shook Jubilee, who had fallen asleep. //C'mon Jubilee, 'up and at 'em!'//
She threw down her spoon and stood up. "I'm too tired for this!" She showed both the boys her watch. "Look at what time it is! It's 5:50! Do you know how early that is!?"
"It's very early."
"Not just early, it's stupidly early! Only insane maniacs get up this early!"
"Didn't you say that to me a couple of months ago?" Paige asked coming into the room.
"Noooo!" Jubilee retorted.
"Ahhh, yes, I believe you said something about garbage men."
Jubilee looked at her as if she had just had a rabit pop out of her ear. "Are you nuts? Have you completely lost your mind? We are talking 5:50 here! In the morning!!" She looked around her. "I say mutiny. He told us we'd leave here at 8 am. We still have at least two more hours of sleep left."
"You want to mutiny?" Paige looked at her teamate in confusion. "For sleep?"
"What else would you mutiny for? More school?"
"Not one of ye is goin' to mutiny." Sean declared coming into the room. Monet was right behind him. "If ye do," he glared around the room, "I'll be forced to make ye walk the plank!" He looked around to see how his humor had been recieved. Paige and Monet were smiling politely but Angelo, Jono, and Jubilee looked at him as if he'd grown a third eye.
"Oooookaaay, maybe a little to early for jokes?"
"You got it hop-along-cassidy." Jubilee stomped out of the room. "I'll see you guys later."
"Remember to be downstairs at 6:15 AM! Otherwise were leaving you here!"
"Hey Jube." Jubilee just grunted back at Everett. He came into the kitchen looking puzzled.
"Does anyone know what's wrong with Jubilee?"
"Mutiny," they all answered.
"Mutiny?"
//Mutiny.// Jono sat and began eating his cereal. Paige sat in the seat next to him.
"Good morning."
//Mornin'.//
Angelo located the cocoa puffs and had a seat next to Jono. "Ahhh, aren't you two just adorable."
"Who's adorable?" Blink mumbled rubbing the sleep out of her eyes as she stumbled into the room.
Angelo pulled out the seat next to him and poured her a bowl of cereal. "Why, you in the morning, of course." She smiled and sat down.
"I believe that would be a line."
He smiled back at her. "Of course not you look like an angel!" Her hair was in a knot on top of her head and she was having trouble keeping her eyes open.
"Ya, right."
"Ok, you caught me. I was actually talking about Paige and Jono. They are just so cute together."
Blink nodded in agreement. "You two are meant to be together. You were a couple in my time line too. I think it's fate."
Paige giggled nervously. "Ya, fate, uh-huh, fate, right."
Jono became obsessed with his cereal and began stirring it with a vengence.
Clarice looked sideways at Angelo. "Ummm, I gotta go get ready, I'll see you guys in a minute."
Angelo looked at the grumpy faces around him and made his decision. "Hey Clarice, wait up. I'll help you bring your bags down."
They both exited the romm. Sean was humming as he poured himself a cup of coffee. "Has anyone seen Emma this morning?" They all shook their heads. "Your kidding? She isn't awake yet?" They shook their heads again. "Wonderful!" Sean went stomping out of the room to seek out the headmistress.
Paige finished her cereal and stood up. "I have to go finish packing," she mumbled as she walked quickly out of the room.
Jono stared after her and continued eating his cereal. Everett looked at him and then the empty doorway. "Far be it for me to give advice but there seems to be some tension between you and Paige."
//Ya, just a little tension.// Jono finished his cereal and got up. //I have to go pack too.// He mumbled walking out the door.
Everett stared after him and then at the floor, refusing to make eye contact with Monet.
"You can look at me you know." She said mirroring his thoughts. "Unless you find white tiles facinating."
"He tried to hide his smile as he looked up. "I was just thinking about yesterday. I was a jerk, i'm sorry."
She smiled at him. "It's ok. Listen, about what I said yesterday, I was out of line. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I know that you like Jubilee." She came and stood in front of him. "What I was trying to tell you yesterday was to forget it. You din't kiss me, you kissed my sisters. We are totally seperate people. I'm even different from when I was Penance. We all change. Forget about it." She smiled and walked out of the room. When she went upstairs and into her room Penance was sitting on the bed, staring out the window.
"I bet you miss flying. I know I did." She sat on the bed next to Penance. "I know it's scary, but were going to get you out of this. I'll find our brother and I'll stop him. I'll find the cure." She took her sisters hand carefully in her own. "When we get to the school I'll take you flying. OK?" Silence was all that greeted her but they all shared a mutual understanding. Monet hugged her carefully. "We'll get you both out of this, and then I'll take you home." She grabbed all of the bags and together the sisters walked ot the car to their new future.


Generation X and all other comic book characters featured on this page are (C) & TM MARVEL COMICS. This is a non profit page and I hope it does respect to these characters in the way that Marvel wrote them. This is my own story. Please don't steal it. Thanks!


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page