THE STORY OF 7 ROOMS (Inspired by Our lady Peace's 'The story of 100 aisles') written by Echo

After the meeting each of the students went to their own rooms to pack, or in Angelo's case, to sleep. Clarice went slowly into her new room, unsure about what to make of it.
The walls were bare and painted white. The bed was huge with white sheets. The dresser was a dark mahogany that matched the closet. The closet was full of clothes. None of them were hers though. Jubilee and Paige had come to the rescue with armloads of clothes that she could wear until she got her own.
As she looked at the ill fitting jeans and t-shirt she was wearing she knew that day had to be soon. Maybe she could go ask Emma if they could go shoppping soon. No sooner had the thought gone through her mind than Jubilee popped her head in the room.
"Hey, Clarice, Ms. Frost want's to know if you want to go shopping right now for the rest of the day?"
"Umm, ya, that would be great."
"Terrific, she'll drive us."
"Oh, you don't need to come if you don't want."
"Not go shopping? That would be a crime punishable by death!" Without further ado Jubilee grabbed her wrist and hauled her out the bedroom door.
Paige had her door open and peeked out as they passed by. Poor Clarice, she thought, with Jubilee helping her shop she'll be there for hours.
Laughing she turned back to the task at hand; packing. What do you pack when you go see the X-Men? She hadn't the foggiest. She looked around her room for inspiration, avoiding her closet and dresser.
Above her bed hung a picture of her family, no help there. Her Titanic movie poster hung on another wall. Next to that was a seascape picture with a leaping whale. Across from both was a framed picture of the Generation X team their first week of school. She sat on her bed thinking. Her sheets had yellow rabbits on it. Including her comforter.
Can't avoid it anymore, she thought. She swung her closet open and stared at the contents. She pulled out her favorite green shirt and threw it in the suitcase. Then it suddenly hit her that she needed new clothes.
Quickly she raced to her window and threw it open. She leaned out and yelled at the heads that were just now coming out of the door.
"Hey guys, wait up. I'll come with you."
Everett looked up from the computer game in time to see Paige streak out the front door in a blond blur. It also cost him the game.
"Shoot, stupid skeleton. Guess this means I'll go pack." He walked up the stairs to the other wing of the building. It took him five minutes to pack. He leaned the suitcase against his closet and sat on his bed staring at various objects.
He had a Cindy Crawford poster on one wall, a gag gift from Angelo. He had a Dilbert Poster on another wall and a picture of Michael Jordon on his third wall. He had placed his bed directly under the window. He stared at his desk where the three new computer games he'd been meaning to play were sitting. This was as good a time as any.He opened his door and ran smack into Monet who had been about to knock.
"Monet?! What are you doing here?"
"I was wondering if we could talk?"
"Talk? Ummm. I'd love to. Really, but I can't. I umm have to gon and check on something. Sorry, bye!" Everett quickly ran towards the outside door and away from her.
"Guys are so stupid!" She walked back to her room in a huff. "Doesn't even know what I wanted to talk about!" Monet's room was pink. She'd been meaning to change the wall paper. There was a picture of the 'Spice Girls' on one wall, 'The Backstreet Boys' on another wall and a huge 'Friends' poster on the third wall.
On the nightstand of her bed were thirty six different colors of nail polish. Along with a huge collection of makeup. She took inventory of her clothing and began packing.
An hour later she surveyed her work. She had six suitcases packed and ready. She set off to go find Everett and have her talk with him.
On her way she passed Angelo's room. She heard a loud crash from within and decided to investigate.
"Angelo, are you OK?"
"Uhhhgh! I think so."
"Oh good." She continued on her search for Everett.
In all actuality Angelo wasn't fine. When he rolled over he had greatly overestimated the size of his bed. The crash Monet heard was him falling to the floor and knocking his night table over.
"Dang Ang, that's twice in one day. Gotta be some new record." He stumbled to his feet and decided sleep wasn't going to happen any time soon. He eyed the top of his closet where his suitcase was. "What are the odds everything else in there is going to fall on me?"
He surveyed his room looking for something to stand on. He had two Puff Daddy posters and one of Will Smith. Across from his closet was a huge Alicia Silverstone poster in her Batgirl outfit. under that Angelo found a chair.
Carefully he set it next to the closet and began inching his suitcase off the shelf. But he didn't see the shoeboxes he had set on top of it. They had been filled with old magazines and empty C.D cases.
Jono heard the crash from next door. He'd moved upstairs into the dorm room after they had returned from California. He still wanted his space but didn't feel like being so isolated from his teamates.
He banged on the wall. //Yo, Angelo, man. You OK?//
"Ummm ya." Came the muffled reply.
//Good// Jono mumbled to himself. He turned back to the vidio game he was playing, Final Fantasy 7. He was trying to beat the second C.D before they left. He doubted that the X-Men had a Play Station at the mansion.
Jono's room was painted black. He had posters of 'The Smashing Pumpkins,' 'Sonic Youth,' '10,000 maniacts,' 'Live,' and 'Third Eye Blind' decorating the gloom.
//C'mon, c'mon// he started punching button's furiously. Suddenly Everett popped his head in.
"Jono, can I hide in your room for a while?"
"What?"
"Can I hide in your room? Monet wants to talk to me so I'm trying to avoid her. Do you mind?"
A large Game Over apeared on the screen. //Ya man, come on in.//
"Thanks Jono." He peered down the hall both ways before quitely shutting the door.
//So guv'nr, what's the case against you?//
"Huh?"
//Why are you trying to ditch Monet?//
"Oh, well, umm...." he came over and sat down on the bed. "I guess I can tell you. You know how I kissed Monet? I mean the twins when they were Monet."
//Ya, what has that got to do with this Monet?//
"I think she knows and I think she wants to talk about it."
//Oh... hmmm, quite a predicament your in. I take it you don't want to talk about it.//
"Well, no. At that particular time, when I kissed the old Monet I didn't actually like her. I thought we were dying. I was ummm.... covering the basics."
//Pretty low don't you think? Maybe you should tell Monet this to get her off your back. That is, if you still want to hook up with Jubilee.//
"What!" Everett looked shocked and then tried casually to cover up his initial reaction. "What are you talking about? Me and Jubilee, naw man. I mean were just friends."
Angelo opened the door and closed it just as quickly. "Oh ya, like we all can't see that you've got the hots for the little Jubster!" Angelo was grinning widely, then remembered his reason for coming and finished his thought. "Anyway, the girls are home from the shopping trip."
"Great!" Everett leaped for the door but Angelo stopped him before he could finish the act.
"Don't go out there man. Monet is hovering. She knows your somewhere around here so she's pacing up and down the hall. Your trapped."
As if to agree, there was a loud knock on the door as it was opened. Angelo intercepted it before it could open all the way. He did it so swiftly that Everett was able to jump behind the door.
"Jono? Oh, hi Angelo, have you guys seen Everett lately? I need to talk to him." Monet looked expectantly at the duo.
"Us? Nope, haven't seen him lately."
//Of course we haven't seen him, he's not here."
"Oh," she looked at them doubtfully. "You both know I can tell when someone is lying to me."
"//Of course"//
"Good." She looked at them strongly. "Remember that." Then she turned and marched out the door.
"Whew," Everett leaned against the door as it closed. "Do you think she knew I was here?"
"//Yes!"//
"Oh. So what am I supposed to do?" He looked closely at the window before shaking his head. "Too far."
"I say you make a break for it."
//I agree.//
"You mean go out there and try to make it to the stairs before she spots me?"
"Exactly!"
Angelo quietly opened the door and opened it quietly. Monet's back was to them as she looked out the window at the end of the hall. "Run dude, now!" He pushed Everett out in the hall and shut the door. Everett did what his feet told him to. He ran for the stairs to the other wing of the school where Jubilee's room was. Monet never saw him.
Jubilee on the other hand did. "Yo, Ev, your pants on fire or what?" She was coming up the stairs slowly trying to carry the four bags she had.
"Ummm.. no Lee, I was uh, well," he looked down at her and then behind him but there wasn't anyone there. "Nothing, it's nothing, less than nothing."
She smiled at his explanation but didn't question it. "Can you give me a hand with these bags? They weigh a ton!"
"Oh sure."
He helped her carry them to her room but stopped on the threshhold. He loved Jubilee's room, it was so much like her. There was a huge poster of Leonardo DiCaprio on one wall. On another wall was a mural of pictures that she or someone else had taken throughout the years. She had a picture of Hanson in her room but it was small and doubled as a dart board. Next to her bed was a framed picture of Wolverine she'd managed to take of him. On the wall above her bed was another framed picture of himself and her arm in arm.
He swallowed and gazed around the room. She was still talking and hadn't noticed that he stopped. "...so Guthrie bought the stupid thing. I'm telling you it was the ugliest outfit i've ever seen. At least Clarice got some decent clothes. I tell ya she's gonna knock everybody's socks off. She has great taste in clothes. Not as good as mine of course but that goes without say-" She had noticed the silent figure at the door. "Hey, Ev, you can come in."
"Oh, right," he took two steps inside and stopped. Jubilee started unpacking her bags.
"What do you think of this?" She pulled out an evening dress. It was cut low and short with spagheti straps and was bright yellow. "I bought it to mess with Wolvies mind. I want to see if I can get him to do the whole 'your not wearing that out of this house young lady' thing." She smiled to herself. "I don't hink anyone has ever said that to me before." She said it thoughtfully to herself but it struck a soft spot in Everett and he came over and turned her to face him.
"Lee-I, um-I.."
"What is it Ev?"
Suddenly words failed him as he stared at her. She had lost everything she had ever possesed. The X-Men were the only thing she could depend on. He suddenly realized he wanted her to depend on him too. He knew what he wanted to do. He put his hands on either side of her face and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. He pulled away and stared at her eyes for her response. She broke into a huge grin.
"Took you long enough." She whispered to him.
He looked at her and started laughing. Then he scooped her up and gave her an even deeper kiss. "Not the response I was looking for."
At that moment Monet decided to go ask Jubilee if she knew where Everett was. She walked through the open door and stared at the couple. Her feet were unable to move but her mouth had no problem.
"Just what do you think your doing?"
They broke apart and stared at Monet as if she'd spoken a foreighn language.
"Monet, didn't see you there."
"Yes, well when you leave the door open, everyone can see you!"
"Ya, well thanks for the advice, we'll close it when you leave." Jubilee escorted Monet to the door and slammed it in her face.
"Well, where were we?"
Monet marched down the hall with the fury written on her face. She flew downstairs and into the kitchen where Sean was just having a sip of coffee at the table.
"Jubilee and Everett are doing it in Jubilee's room."
Seans coffee went flying across the table. 30 seconds later Sean was banging on the door to Jubilee's room with Monet standing next to him.
"Open up now Jubilee, this is Sean, open the door!"
"Not now Cassidy we're in the middle of something."
Sean nearly tore the door off the hinges in his hurry to get it open. The site that shoked him was not the site he had expected to see. Jubilee and Everett were on the floor playing cards.
"Shoot!" Jubilee threw down her cards in frustration. "Thanks Sean, you made me lose my concentration."
"Umm.. sorry lass." He retreated out the door leaving Monet.
"Jeeze M, did you really think we were so stupid we didn't know where you were going after you left here." Jubilee looked at her genuinly curious about the answer.
"Well I didn't know how serious you two were. I didn't think I should chance it."
"Right, I'm sure. Besides don't worry," she looked at Everett and grinned. "We have no plans to get serious without your blessing! Besides Ev was just leaving."
He stood up and walked out the door. "I need to go tell the guys."
"Don't brag!" She yelled after him.
Monet stared at her then left to go catch up to Everett. "Honestly Ev, playing with her feelings? I hope you don't plan to just ignore her when you realize the consequensis of what you've done."
He stopped and stared at her. "I like Jubilee. I didn't like the twins when I kissed them. They were just conveinant. I'm sorry if you thought it was more than that."
She rose to the chalenge. "I didn't. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that it wasn't going to go any farther. Got it? I hope you really like Jubilee and aren't playing with her emotions."
"I'm not Monet. Live with it. I like Jubilee, not you." He walked off to his room and slammed the door right in her face.


Generation X and all other comic book characters featured on this page are (C) & TM MARVEL COMICS. This is a non profit page and I hope it does respect to these characters in the way that Marvel wrote them. This is my own story. Please don't steal it. Thanks!


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page