RESURRECTION written by Echo

It started out a quiet enough day. The students had decided early to go swimming in the Danger Groto at the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters, in Snow Valley Massachusetts.
There were no evil mutants that wanted to kill them. No mobs of anti-mutant protesters that wanted to lock them up. It was a normal day so they were all relaxing, kicking back and beginning to loosen up, let down their guard. They should have known better.
Jubilation Lee, otherwise known as Jubilee, and Everett Thomas, otherwise known as Synch, were just beginning to enjoy each others company. They hadn't talked to each other about friends, and feelings in a long time. Then they heard the wail.
"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
"Crap!" Jubilee muttered, "I knew this was way to good to be true!"
Everett was already running in the direction of the wail.
"Jeeze Ev, don't wait up or anything."
"Hey Jubes, what's going on?"
Jubilee turned around to see 3 other students of Xaviers school. Paige Guthrie, Angelo Espinosa, and Jonothan Starsmore.
"I don't know hayseed, but that wail is never a good sound."
"Well then lets go!" Without a thought for her safety Paige Guthrie went charging into the underbrush in the same direction of her teammate Synch.
"Well love, you comin or do ya want to wait 'err and make sure we don't run in any trouble?"
"I'm with him Chica, stay here and mope about your afternoon being ruined, were going to see what's going on."
With a wave they were charging after their teammates into the unknown. Jubilee was left looking after them. She stared at the crease they had made in the greenery before her. "Dorks," she muttered under her breath, "I don't know why I bother sometimes." With a heavy sigh she began walking towards her teacher's wail.
"Eeeeeeee-"
Jubilee stopped in her tracks, waiting for Sean to start his Banshee wail again, when he didn't she started running. She hit away the stray branches that were grabbing her hair and slapping at her face. She made the mistake of looking up at the clearing ahead of her instead of down at the ground were a root had been waiting to pounce. Jubilee fell through the remainder of the bushes and leapt to her feet trying to cover for her fall. The sight that greeted her nearly sent her back to her knees.
Emma was standing off to the side crying silently. Jono was standing next to Artie and Leech trying to keep them back. Everett and Angelo were standing in silence, completely awestruck. Paige was on her knees in front of them sobbing uncontrollably. In the center of this clearing sat the headmaster. A girl was unconscious beside him on the ground. She had long pink hair and was dressed in green. Sean too was crying. Tears of joy and thankfulness were streaming down his face. As Jubilee looked at the face of the girl she too could feel tears forming in her eyes. For their on the ground lay Clarice Fergusen. The girl who risked her life for her teammates and had died so tragically. There in her teachers shaking arms lied Blink!


Generation X and all other comic book characters featured on this page are (C) & TM MARVEL COMICS. This is a non profit page and I hope it does respect to these characters in the way that Marvel wrote them. This is my own story. Please don't steal it. Thanks!


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page