A REASSURING ROGUE written by Dazzler


This first story is an x-men one, the characters in it are all copyright of Marvel, i'm not stealing..honest!!!

this takes place in the cartoon series, Jubilee( who's 13 at this point) is still freaked by the sentinals, my story hasn't got much action in, but it's a story about friendship........

"A REASSURING ROGUE"

Jubilee awoke with a start.Looking over at the fur-embedded clock on her nightstand, it read 3am. Groaning, she put her hands to her head and flopped back on her pillow.

She realized why she'd been shock woken, she'd been in the middle of a nightmare, it had involved the sentinals, they'd captured the whole team of x-men and gassed her out, that was when she's woken up in a cold sweat.

After a few moments of desperately trying to sleep, she gave up and decided to get a drink to tire herself out.

As she walked along the hall, she could hear Cyclops snoring *as usual* she thought to herself. As she reached the kitchen, she heard someone else up too, as she advanced she recognized the face:

ROGUE

She looked around to the doorway as Jubilee entered,

"Hey,sugah" she smiled "Bad night in dreamland?"

"You could say that" Jubilee answered wearily as she sat down,

"Hot chocalate?" Rogue offered

"Thanks, that's cool"

Jubilee watched as Rogue made the hot , steamy drink

"so" Rogue said, sitting down across from Jubilee and placing the two mugs on the table between them "you wanna tell me what's on your mind?"

Jubilee looked up at the pretty face in front of her " Just thinkin' about the sentinals" she said, sipping her chocolate.

"They still creepin' ya out , hun?" Rogue asked

Jubilee gave a slight grin "it's nuthin' "

Rogue spoke as if from experience "Believe me gal, i've come up against some pretty weird ol' thangs in mah time, i know how ya feel, just takes time to get these thangs outta yer system, that's all"

Rogue southern belle accent was strong when she was tired, she seemed to drawl her words.

Jubilee smiled, "Really? You mean it's not wimpy or nuthin'?"

Rogue gave a small laugh, "Gal, you been hangin' out with ol' Logan too much, that's the kinda comment he'd come up with! of course it ain't wimpy, it's perfectly natural, we all got somethin' we're a little rumbled by, i think ah'd be a little suspicious if y'all weren't still bothered by 'em"

Jubilee chewed on this for a moment, getting up to put their mugs in the sink, she turned to her friend.

"Thanks Rogue, ya don't know how much better that makes me feel"

Rogue took Jubilee's hand in her own gloved hand as the two x-men left the kitchen,

"Anythime young Jubilee, i'm here for ya, the whole team are, but especially me" Rogue hugged her goodnight, and for the first time in a while, Jubilee slept soundly with only pleasant dreams and thoughts of her friend Rogue and the rest of the team.........................


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page