FIRE AND NEW FRIENDS Part 2 written by Dazzler


The second two periods after break flew by and at lunch, Paige introduced Leah to her friends, who unknown to Leah, but set up perfectly were White Queen were Generation X.

"So" The girl named Jubilee asked coming up beside Leah "Where ya from?"

Leah wasn't sure what to say "Well, it's kinda complicated" she let out a laugh as Jubilee smiled, "Yeah, I know the feeling, my background ain't peachy either!"

Leah noticed the tall girl beside her was giving her strange looks. Her name was Monet as Paige said. The others consisted of a grey skinned guy, a colored guy and a guy with a half facemask, Paige had mentioned that the face mask dude was mute. They all walked on ahead while Jubilee gossiped non-stop to them. Monet came up beside Leah and staring straight ahead, she telepathically spoke to Leah.

*I know who and what you are Leah King, Jonothon, the one with the mask does too, we're both telepathic, and we know you are a mutant with fire power*

Jono looked around and gave Leah a wink as he walked ahead, Leah spoke back through the link, *Gen X I presume?*

Monet continued to look ahead *Yes, and don't worry, the others don't know, and don't have to yet*

Leah gave her a look "Thanks" she whispered out loud

*By the way* Monet come into her thought again *I am known as M, Jono is Chamber, Paige is Husk, Jubilee is Jubilee, her real name is Jubilation Lee, Everett is Synch and Angelo is Skin*

*And I take it you know who I am?* Leah looked at Monet, who looked back this time *Welcome to Generation X, BLAZE*

When the lunch bell sounded, Leah made her way to the gym/Danger room which was free of all human students for the afternoon, Sean "Banshee" Cassidy was waiting for her, she got changed into the original blue and yellow x-men uniform of X-factor, Sean gave a grin as she entered, "Ay lass, an x-men original, there’s a sight ah haven't seen fer a while!"

"Yeah, Ms Frost said I’d have a Gen X one asap"

"There's no hurry lass, it's a nice and welcome change in my book"

Leah laughed,

"Now...Leah, let's see what yer actually do, I want ye to just fly up and around to warm up..so ta speak!"

"Leah nodded and "Flamed on" She rose up in the air and flew around, enjoying the freedom of the danger room, eventually she landed, still in flame form in front of Sean, "Impressive" he said, I'm taking it that ye have had Danger room training?"

"You betcha" Leah replied

Sean looked up from writing "Tell me, have ye ever actually met The Human Torch, yer powers are identical are they not?!"

Leah gave a laugh, actually, I have, when x-factor helped the x-men and the fantastic four during onslaught, that wasn't fun, but nice guy"

Sean again looked impressed, "Well, ye have certainly been around, ah'm surprised you were allowed to be so involved directly with onslaught"

Leah shrugged, "I guess it was pretty dangerous huh? I kinda insisted I went along though, nothing Forge coulda said was gonna make me stay behind!"

Sean Laughed, he could tell Leah was going to be a team player, Well, lets give you a proper test run then, shall we, oh, btw, how do ye find controlling yer powers in general?"

"Ok, I still set things alight occasionally tho"

"It's ta be expected Lass, yer only 16, now, show me what yer made of!"

********************************************

Blaze and Banshee had been unaware of their audience from out side the gym.

"Dudes! did you see that!?! This gal is like, mega x-woman! Jubilee loudly whispered

"Jubes, calm down," Synch told her "Even so, she's one of us now"

Jubilee sighed heavily "I can't believe Emma didn't tell us!"

Paige looked at Blaze in the gym, "Ah shoulda guessed, my judgin' people is gittin' worse!"

Skin Gave a laugh, "Man, this chica is hot, in every sense of the word!"

Jono looked at them all, <so, do we adopt her like we should?!>

Well leaving her to the human students don't sound like much fun Jono! Get a clue! Jubilee said, popping a bubble.

Monet spoke up, " I think so, she's not a stranger to combat, we won't have to show her the ropes, she's capable of fitting in well"

Jubilee looked stunned,

"Monet, are you actually being nice about a stranger?"

M looked at Jubilee "we had a mind *chat* ok, she's nice"

Jubilee still looked gobsmacked, "and even the rich girl is in on this! Ok, well, another x-woman on the team would rule I guess, man , do I remember THAT uniform or what!"

They all turned back to the window to watch their new friend and teammate in action.


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page