FIRE AND NEW FRIENDS Part 1 written by Dazzler


Disclaimer: All of these characters are the trademark of Marvel, except Blaze, she's mine! u touch her and i will Dazzle into the next millenium!


The school Bell rang out in Leah King's head-*great* she thought *here it comes*

She straightened out her tartan skirt and made her way to the main door of the academy, school for the super rich ,and as she knew, a training ground for a group of mutants.

It had been Emma Frost's idea to keep her mutant powers a secret from the gang of mutants known as Generation X, she'd said it would be a bit of an experiment to see how Gen X responded to her as they saw her, she would later reveal that she was in fact no different from them.

As Leah approached the main hall, she could hear many voices, kids hurrying to their lessons, chatting laughing and generally going about what kids did in the morning before school began.

She took a deep breath, flicked her long , flame red hair back over her shoulders and walked up the corridor she knew Emma's office was situated.

She reached up to know the door when a voice rang in her mind, *Come in Leah, I have been expecting you*

She wasn't surprised. as she knew full well that Emma was a telepath.

She opened the door and went in, Emma looked up from her writing and gestured to a seat in front of her desk, Leah sat down.

"Welcome to the academy, Miss King" She said in a calm voice

"Thank you " was Leah's reply

"Now , down to business, I understand that you have had a little experience in combat and that the school type work you have previously done is of a good standard, is it not?" Emma inquired

Leah nodded, Emma continued

"Xaviar tells me you made quite an impression with X-Factor, I believe your good friends Polaris and Psylocke can back that up"

Leah blushed, Xaviar had encouraged her to join X-Factor and now a place at the academy had been sorted for her , Being only 16, he said that she would be more adjusted with Generation X, who were in her own age group, she's been with x-factor for over a year and a half and missed them, but she knew Xaviar knew what he was talking about and she trusted his decisions.

Emma knew her every thought, "I know you miss them, Leah, but your home is here now, and i have no doubt in my mind that you will get along with the rest of the students"

"Ummm, Ms.Frost, could I know who the mutants are??"

Emma regarded her for a moment

"Yes, I suppose you can, but when the time is right!"

Emma gave a sly grin at her newest student, Leah laughed, "Well, it sounds like fun being all mysterious anyway!"

Emma smiled, one that she saved for only for her little gang of mutants, "Well, BLAZE, I think it's time we hit the classes"

Leah grinned, Blaze had been her code name at X-Factor, as she could turn herself to a *blazing* flameball, it felt real good to be called it again.

First class was with Emma, history.

As they walked, Emma spoke to her telepathicly so nobody knew of their business.

*This afternoon, you will be with Sean in the Danger room, we need to know the exact limit of your powers at this stage, I’ll be busy with Adrienne but I will need a report from Sean on how you have got on and how you have found things, Also, Xaviar wants a report on your progress and how you have settled, just for the records, you know, routine! I shall speak to you later, ok?*

*Sounds great* Leah responded through the mind link

Emma opened the door and Leah found herself face to face with about 20 other teenagers. "Class, this is Leah, she is our newest student and I would like to think you will make her feel welcome"

Leah sat in a spare seat near the back of the room. A blonde girl smiled at her as she sat, she smiled back, anxious to make at least one friend. History went smoothly and as Leah stood up, she found the blonde girl had come up to her desk

" Hi" she said, "Ah'm Paige, you need any help finding your next class??"

Leah gave her a thankful sigh and a smile, "That would be helpful, thanks!"

The 2 girls wandered out of the classroom, unaware that Emma was watching with a knowing look on her face.

To Leah's relief, she and Paige had science together next period, She had discovered that Paige was from Kentucky and therefore had a very strong accent, it was a comforting sound and had a calming effect on Leah.

Since was also a success, although Leah hated it with a vengeance, she had no worries about burning herself on the Bunsens as both she and her clothed were fireproof for obvious reasons.


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page