NEXT OF KIN written by Dani


Next of Kin By Dani Royer (ChibiAerynSun@aol.com) Rating: G Summary: A poem told from the POV of a police officer who had to investigate a murder at the Academy. We arrived at the scene about five before midnight With little information on the sight we'd find The Headmaster met us and lead us into the woods around the school His Irish voice explaining how one of the other students had found the body The further we got down the trail, the more apparent the blood became... Then we saw the body. The scene was fresh, a little too fresh The crime hadn't happened long ago And what a horrible crime scene it was The boy's attacker was merciless and unforgiving It was as though the attacker hated the boy For there was little left of him We went about our usual business No one seemed to know what happened Or even when they last saw the boy Strangely enough, none of the kids seemed really upset...even the girlfriend The task of notifying the next of kin fell upon me Sadly, I picked up the phone and dialed the number... "I am sorry to wake you. This is Sgt. Adams of the Snow Valley PD. Is this the residence of Hunter Brawn?"


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page