GENERATION X GOES WESTERN written by Cyclone


Disclaimer- All characters with the exception of Nicky belong to Marvel. Send feedback, I love it. Thanks going out to D, who sent me some encouraging mail.


Generation X Goes Western

Welcome to Cactus Gulch, home of the White Queen Saloon. Last town in 200 miles. Enjoy your stay.

*******

Sheriff Sean Cassidy walked into the saloon, looking for a brief respite from his duties. His deputy had recently seen the end of the trail the last time he met up with the horrible Angelo Espinosa. Angelo was one mean hombre. He'd steal his own Grandmother blind, he would. It was said that he once took down ten men all by himself. With his gang of robbers, he was unbeatable.

He looked up at the owner of the saloon, Emma Frost. "Em, you're a sight for sore eye."

" Hello Sean, where's Wilie?"

" Ah, he bit the dust. Sure miss him, too."

"That's too bad, he was a nice kid. Come on over to the front and I'll get you a beer."

*******

A young man dressed all in black rode his stallion through the hot desert sun. Dust flowed around him, tumbleweeds rolled past. He'd be glad to get into a town.

*******

Monet St. Croix and Everett Thomas sat at the table playing cards. "I'll raise you ten."

"I'll raise ya fifteen." Monet looked up and smiled. Four aces. Everett smiled bigger. "Royal Flush."

"You cheated!" Monet drew a gun on the man.

"Now, now. You two mustn't fight. You must work as a team." The tall Mexican man walked in, dressed in tasteful clothes and gold chains.

The very picture of a gentleman. "Unless, of course you want to die."

" No sir!"

" Bien. We've got a job tonight. We're going to take that Sheriff out once and for all."

*******

Three girls did the can-can up on stage. They were all very pretty. There was a brown-eyed girl with white streaks down her hair, a shorter Asian girl, and taller girl with blonde hair. Jono took special notice of her. He sat down at a table and a barmaid came to take his order. She had red hair and blue eyes. Smaller than most girls, she seemed a little skittish. "What would you like to drink?" she asked in a quite voice.

"Soda water's fine. Who's that gel?" Penny looked up, surprised. "Oh, that's Paige. She's from Kentucky. You're not from around here, are you?"

"No, I'm not. Listen, do you have a hotel room here?"

"Yes, I'll get you one ready."

*******

"Did you see that stranger who walked in?" Jubilee was bouncing around the room the four girls shared in the attic.

"Yes, I did! Wasn't he cute? Don't you think so Paige?" Nicky looked at her best friend expectantly.

"He was ok." Jubilee looked up with a shocked expression on her face. "OK? OK?! He was HOT!"

Everyone started laughing at their friend's indignant look. Penny even rolled off her bed, clutching her sides. Paige had tears rolling down her cheeks from her fit of giggles. "All right, so he was very cute."

Jubilee looked satisfied.

*******

After Emma finished telling the girls to shut up, she came down to turn off the lights in the main rooms. She had just turned to go upstairs when she saw a movement out the corner of her eye. She drew her pistol and waited. A young girl stood before her. Emma breathed a sigh of relief. "Sorry, we're closed for the night." The girl smiled, walking into the moonlight. She wore chaps and a long duster. A red bandanna was tied around her face. Emma screamed as she was hit over the head.

*******

Jono woke at the sound of the scream and got dressed in a hurry. Pulling out his guns, he made his way to the entertainer's room. He stepped in to find clothes, sheets, and books thrown about. The girls were gone. He looked out the window and saw them being kidnapped. He watched them leave and went down to his horse when they had left. He had to stop those robbers!

*******

Sean drug himself out of bed and flung open the door. " What in the world do ye want at this ungodly hour?"

A young man with dark hair and clothes stood there. "The gels at the saloon have been kidnapped! We've got to stop them!"

Sean was up in a flash. "Is Emma all right? Never mind! Come on! We're going to stop those outlaws!"

*******

Angelo smiled to himself. Everett and Monet had done well. Senior Cassidy would walk right into his trap. For now he had better go check on those girls. He walked into the cell where Jubilee, Penny, Nicky, Emma, and Paige were held captive. " Hello, Chicas. Senorita." They glared back in return. "Why the sour faces? You should be enjoying your stay as much as I am."

"You are a very sick man!" Jubilee stuck her tongue out.

Angelo laughed out loud. "Well, as much as it pains me to leave, I must go. Everett, watch them." With that, he was gone.

"Don't worry girls, the Sheriff will find us." Emma tried to be reassuring. He had better.

Jubilee was busy studying the guard. He looked like he could use a little prodding, but maybe she had found a way out.

"Hi, handsome. What's your name?"

*******

Jono and Sean were outside the main entrance to the hideout. There was only one guard. The Sheriff drew his gun and strode forward. Monet pulled out her shot gun and aimed for his head. "Hello, Mr. Cassidy. How nice to see you. if you would just drop your weapon, we can step inside and Mr. Espinosa will be with you shortly.'

*******

Paige stared in wonder at Jubilee. She had been talking non-stop to the guard and succeeded in putting him to sleep. Penny had worked free of her ropes and had Nicky untied as well. They started on Emma's binding when they heard a noise. Monet appeared with the sheriff tied up and her rifle level. "If I were you I'd stay right where you are. Wake up Ev! I swear, you must be one of the most irresponsible men on earth!"

*******

With no one to guard the door, Jono sneaked through with no problem. Picking up Sean's fallen pistol, he began moving towards the main office. "Hola, Stranger." Jono turned to see a tall Latino man holding Paige hostage. "I didn't expect any more visitors, but here you are."

"Let go of her!"

"Or else what? You'll shoot?" He cocked his weapon. "If you do, she'll die. Tell you what, meet me on main street at noon tomorrow and we'll settle this man to man."

*******

The sun at noon is almost unbearable in these parts. It beats down at you and burns your eyes. But today it's even worse for Jonothan Starsmore. He came here to fight. He had heard that his opponent was one of the fastest gun slingers alive. Jono was willing to bet he was faster. There he was now.

They both stood in black, guns at their sides. People lined the streets, hoping for a good gun fight. To the side of Angelo stood Monet and Everett, holding the sheriff, Ms. Frost, and the girls hostage.

Everything was still and silent. Suddenly both men drew their pistols and fired. Smoke and dust formed a thick cloud around the fighters. A thud was heard. The smoke cleared. Angelo lay dead on the street. A cheer let out. Everett and Monet looked at each other and took off. Paige ran to Jono and gave him a long kiss.

Who ever said happy endings don't exist?

*******

OK, hope you liked that story. But I really need everyone's advise. I want to get Nicky hooked up with some one. Please E-mail me with suggestions. Or E-mail me if you would like to see her with a new character. Thanks.-Cyclone


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page