THE VISITOR written by Cyclone


"C'mon guys, you're gonna miss it!" Jubilee called from the living room.

The announcer came on the screen. "Today we've presented to you America's top nine most wanted criminals, but now we have for you a new addition. Our number one most wanted criminal is a fifteen-year-old girl from Mississippi. Last week, James archer came home from work to find his daughter, Nichole, gone. several hours later she returned to the house. Fifteen minutes later she left the house. Two days later, a neighbor went to see if James was OK. When she went into the house, she found the man dead on the floor with a bullet through his chest.

Nichole Archer is wanted for the murder of 47-year-old James Archer and is considered to be armed and dangerous. If you see this girl, alert the authorities immediately. A reward will be offered."

*click*

"Wow, I wonder what he did to make her shoot him?" Synch asked from his spot on the floor.

#Probably nothing. She's probably psycho.# Jono expressed.

Memories. Memories of a kind young woman who spun her around when she was a baby. Not her mother, she was dead. No, this girl had Auburn hair with a white streak. And Green eyes. No, this was her older sister, Ophelia. Ophelia left when she was only three. Ever since Nichole could remember, her father had hated her sister. He called her 'mutie' and 'freak'. Course, he hated her, too. Nichole's mother had died giving birth to her, and he blamed her for it. Often, he would hit her. Threatened her that she had better not be a mutant like her sister. Fourteen years ago, her father had driven her sister from Mississippi. Last week he had discovered the secret she had been hiding for three years. She was a mutant. Last week her father had come home in a drunken rage.

"MUTANT FREAK! My own flesh and blood a stinkn' MUTIE! Just like your sister." He had backhanded her across the face. He had hit her for years. She ran for the master bedroom. It ended there, when she grabbed her father's Remington and aimed for his face. One week ago, only two weeks prior to her sweet sixteen birthday, she became a wanted criminal.

"Is everyone ready for the trip? Good. I want Leech and Artie with me in the baggage van. Sean, you get the rest." Emma Frost looked smugly at Sean Cassidy, who was beginning to regret his idea of going on a visit to the X-Men.

"Everyone in."

FIVE HOURS (And a monstrous headache) LATER...

"Silence, Jubilee!" "shut up, M." "Ewww, Mr. Cassidy, Angelo fell asleep on me and now he's drooling!"

Banshee parked the an in the driveway, thankful the journey was over.

Emma was already there, speaking with Professor Xavier. Artie and Leech were passed out on the steps.

"Monet and Jubilee stop fighting. Angelo wake up. Paige stop complaining. Everyone out, we're here."

"I'd like to speak with Ms. Darkholme, please." A black-haired, blue-eyed teen stood on the steps of a large apartment.

"Who is speaking."

"Dana Fairbanks."

"One Moment"

A woman opened the door. She had blue skin and red hair. "Come in."

One inside, she lost the act. She now had Honey-brown hair, white bangs, and Brown eyes. "Hello, Raven. By now I'm sure you know I'm not Dana Fairbanks. No, my name is Nichole Archer. Ophelia was my sister."

"Sit down please." Nichole found a chair and Raven went over to the bar for a drink. "What do you know about Ophelia 's association to me?" she looked at the teen with her yellow eyes.

"Only that you were there the day that my sister left. I was too young to know who you were. But I traced your face in my mind telepathically. I came up with your name and address. I didn't want to pry anymore."

"I found your sister scared and alone when she was only ten. I took her in and named her Rogue."

"Okay, people. This is just like a game of capture the flag. The only exception is ye must use yer power once. Scatter."

"Best of luck, Monet. Too bad I have to kick your butt."

"I assure you, Jubilee you will be the loser."

Everett stepped in to prevent the argument. "C'mon, Jubes. 'Luck M."

"GO!"

Skin was the first to go down, followed by Paige. M grabbed the red flag and was going back when she was stopped by Jubilee. Synch walked out into the opening and was stopped by Chamber. Jono was taken down by Penance. The game ended when Banshee stole the blue flag and won the game for the red team. Monet looked over at Jubilee. "What did I tell you, young Jubilation?"

Jubilee scowled.

Nicky had flown up to New York as fast as she could and made it by dawn. She had to think about her approach and was really too tired too do anything else but sleep, so settled herself in a tree she had landed in.

Jubilee looked up at the sound of Wolverine's growl. "What's up?"

Logan sniffed again. "There's someone on the grounds, kid. We'd better check it out." They went outside into the noon sun.

Gambit was outside, talking to Banshee. "What's wrong, mes amies?"

"Wolvie says there's an intruder out here."

"Let's find them then."

Nichole Archer woke up to unusual sounds, blinking the sleep out of her eyes, she looked up. Staring into her face was a growling short man with six very sort claws. she promptly fell out of the tree. she got up and ran. Right into a tall Irish man. She spun around to face a man with glowing red eyes and a short Asian teen girl. Trapped.

"Hey, she was on America's Ten Most wanted!"

Damn! the girl knew who she was. Might as well tell them who she was.

"Do any one know a woman by the name of Rogue?"

The red-eyed man narrowed his eyes and the wild man growled. "What do you want with Rogue?"

"I'm her sister."

"That's right, Jono! It's the girl on T.V.! The psycho who killed her father!"

#She's here? Why?#

"She said she was Rogue's sister!"

The rest of the two X-teams came in with the young girl.

The girl looked up at the tall southern woman with the skunk do with tears in her burnt-sienna Eyes. "Ophelia?"

The woman all of them referred to only as Rogue walked over to the teen. "Nichole?"

They hugged each other and cried in happiness.

"Oh, Nichole, I missed you so! How did you find me?"

"Mystique told me where you were. Oh, It's so horrible! Daddy hated me so bad and he called me a freak and he hitmeand Iwassoscared and, and..."

"shhh, sweetie, it's okay. What happened?"

" I killed him, Ophelia! He hit me too much, too hard. I snapped. I'm so scared. what will I do?"

Emma stood up and knelt by the shivering girl. "Are you a mutant?" She nodded. "You can come back with us. Join the Academy."

"Really?" Nichole looked up at the blonde woman in white.

"Yes, Really" She smiled at the girl. The girl smiled back.

"Happy birthday to you, dear Nicky, happy birthday to you!"

Nicky Bowman Blew out the sixteen candles on her cake. everyone cheered. Penny and Jono smiled.

She looked over at her new friends and smiled back. She couldn't wait to get to the academy. Nichole Archer was now Nicky Bowman.

Welcome to Generation X, Cyclone!


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page