A MERRY MUTANT ROAD TRIP Part 1 written by Cyclone


Disclaimer- Members of GenX=Marvel. Nicky, Stinky, and any others you don't recognize=Me. E-mail=please, please, please!

"Sixty-six bottles of beer on the wall, Sixty-six bottles of beer. Take one down, pass it around..."

Paige was asleep on Jono's shoulder. Jono was off in thought.

"Sixty-five bottles of beer! Sixty-five bottles of beer on the wall, Sixty-five bottles of beer..."

Penny and Stinky were watching a fly that was trapped in the car.

"Take one down, pass it around..."

Angelo was playing thumb war with Nicky.

"Sixty-four bottles of beer on the wall!..."

Monet was bitching at Everett, whose turn it was to drive.

"Sixty-four bottles of beer one wall, sixty-four bottles of beer on the..."

The car swerved over to the side of the road. Synch pushed open the car door, opened to van door and hauled Jubilee out by her collar. "I love you to pieces, Lee. But I swear, If I have to hear one more line of Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall I will run us off the next bridge I see." With that, he turned and got back in the car. When all were ready, they drove off again.

About an hour later, they stopped for lunch at a diner. It was as normal as any, a group of greasy truck drivers in one corner, tired waitresses in pink uniforms serving food, and an old juke-box at the back. Monet sniffed disdainfully.

"Can I help you?" A waitress with platinum-blonde hair and a dirty apron stood before them. She was eyeing penny, who was hanging back, trying not to be seen.

"Uh, yes ma'am, seat for eight."

"This way." The woman took their orders and went to the kitchen. Jubilee and Everett went to feed the video games while the others talked. Nicky went out to bring Stinky some water and open a can of cat food for her. When she came back, the food was on the table. When they had finished, they paid the bill and left. Paige noticed a group of truck drivers and other patrons staring at Penny and Skin.

"Um, guys? Did you notice those people in there? They were staring at us." Paige looked at Monet.

Monet addressed the others while still driving." Five of them were Members of the Friends of Humanity. And I believe they are following us." she jerked at finger at the road behind her.

They turned around to see a car behind them with a man loading a gun. Suddenly, the car swerved to a stop. A semi had parked in front of them, with four large men standing outside with weapons. The man in the car fired. The bullet came through the rear window, barely missing Jono's face. Generation X went into action.

Husk pulled her skin off to reveal steel beneath. Cyclone lifted her up and flew toward the car. She pulled her arm back and threw Paige in a baseball pitch at the man in the car. Skin and Penny charged at the truck drivers, buffeted by Monet and Jubilee. Ev synched up with Chamber and went to assist Husk and Cyclone. Husk had already knocked out the first man and Nicky had the second on the ground. Chamber and Synch made short work of the third.

Penny was advancing on the smaller man. He lifted his gun to fire, and Skin snatched the firearm from his hands. Jubilee let loose a barrage of paffs at him to finish him off. Monet punched the biggest, knocking him unconscious.

The third man aimed his gun at Skin’s back. He hooked his finger in the trigger and fired. Angelo turned to see the gun go off. He saw a flash of red, yellow, and white before he hit the ground, the sound exploding in his ears.

*******

Oh, no! what's happened to Angelo? Is he dead? Will he Live? Find out in part 2!


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page