Rich looked around as he heard Sean tell everybody what to do. He looked then at Yvette as she took his hand. {I think that we will defeat Him. They know about the attack now.} she said to calm him down.
{Yvette, do you truely believe that? I been having too much good luck lately. I don't mean to doubt you, but it is one of those lessons I have learned about life. For all good luck, there is an equal amount of bad luck, the time it last varies.} He didn't want to doubt her. It gave him some hope, but not enough.
He watched Yvette as she thought about it. She then looked at him and said {Rich, I'm scared.}
{So am I, love. So am I.} He then notice Monet walk over with Artie, Leech and Franklin. He looked at her as she crouched down to the level that Yvette and he was at.
"Rich, Penance, we should get to the Biosphere. It will be safest for you there. Okay." He nodded and Yvette did the same. She understood what Monet said and with that Monet led them all to the Biosphere.
Rich looked at Yvette as the slowly made there way to Biosphere. Rich said to Yvette, {Yvette, is Monet always this nice to you?}
{I have never seen her much. I tend to avoid her most times, mainly because of Him. In truth, I always feared her because of her connection to Him. Once, when He last attacked, part of me, controlled by Him, wanted to kill her. The other half saw her as a kindred spirit. It was as if I could see my pain in her.}
{Well, let's hope we don't run into Him. Do you think we'll be safe in the biosphere?}
{Unless He is waiting for us there, we will be safe.}
{I'm praying He isn't in there.}
{So am I, Rich.} Rich then noticed that Yvette looked at him with a reassuring smile. He felt better. He was still the new guy around here and wasn't used to all the excitement, but it had to be better than having the possible mutant vampire attacking you at your own home. He noticed they were at the Biosphere and that Monet had opened doors. They all went inside and she led them carefully through the Biosphere.
"I am going to get you all to the treehouse. It will probably be the safe place for all of you. Then I shall make sure that Emplate can't get in here. Franklin, here is a communicator, call in case Emplate does make it through after I leave." She handed Franklin the communicator and then turned to lead them to the treehouse. Rich, even in his sheltered life, had seen what was unfolding then. Right in front of all of them, Emplate appeared, giving Monet a right hook capable of knocking out Mike Tyson, George Forman, Muhamed Ali, Larry Holmes, or any great boxer. Monet fell to the ground, unconscious.
Emplate turned his attentioned to him and Yvette. "Hello, Penance and Mr. Cale," he said through his respirator. Emplate started moving towards them.
{Yvette, follow me.} He then looked at Franklin, quickly motioning his head to the left. He then rushed to the right. Yvette followed him. He looked back to see Franklin, Artie and Leech run off to the left. He also saw Emplate following them. He and Yvette were keeping a good lead on him. It was as if he was letting them take them escape. {Yvette, I have a bad feeling about this.}
{Why, Rich?}
{He's letting us escape. He can move faster than he is. He's trapping us.}
{He must have the others here. Be careful, it might be the misty one.}
{One that can turn into a mist.}
{Yes. Or the wrapped one.}
{What can that one do?}
{Teleport.}
{Yvette, that's just as bad as turning into a mist. Could anything be worse?}
{Yes.}
He sighed. If anybody heard it, he didn't know. He then asked {Well, with my luck right now, what could it be, so I can try and prepare.}
He noticed she was about to answer when a loud voice said, "Guten Taug."
Rich said to Yvette, with worry in his voice, {What was that?}
He noticed a quiver in her voice. {It was the strong one, in front of us.}
He looked ahead to see a big man, obvious from the accent and language, German, step out and prepare to the two a clothesline. He was covered in straps, and it was an odds on bet that he wanted to harm them. At the speed they were moving, and the fact they were running side by side, he was going to knock them unconcious. Rich let instinct take over on his part as he jumped right in front of Yvette. He hope that this move would allow her to escape. He was not going to let Emplate hurt her, not while he was alive and breathing. Seconds later, everything for Rich went black.

Penance was shocked when Rich jumped in front of her when the strong guy jumped out in front of them. He was setting up to knock them out. Rich took the blunt of the attack. He must have hoped that she would be able to escape. She thought about it for a moment, but she couldn't leave him behind. It was even more difficult because the way he got knocked out, he fell right on top of her. She was knocked to the ground as he fell. Rich was unconscious. The way he fell on top of her, she had to roll him off. Just as she went to do that, a familiar voice from behind her said, "Now Penance, don't try to run." She glanced in the direction and saw Him. He reached down for her. She saw the mouth on His hand open wider, but as He grabbed her, she didn't feel the pain. He had grabbed her hair. She decided to fight back. She took a swing at Him. As her hand swung toward His face, she heard a metallic click. Her right hand was in a metallic glove. Just as she tried to do the same with her left, another glove was on that hand.
Her only weapons left were her feet. She went to kick him with her left foot. The razor sharp toes would surely slice him. But as she started to kick, she heard one, then another click. She looked at her feet to see them in metallic boots. She tried to slice them, but she couldn't. He then said, "Now to do something so you don't try to stab me with your hair." He put a metallic helmet, covering her hair, on her head. Her most effective weapons had been stopped by mechanical devices. She then watched as the strong one pulled a large metal box over. There were holes in it. She realized that this was her prison. She tried to fight, but with all the metal shackles, it was impossible. He threw her in the box and the strong one closed it. She looked out the hole as He kneeled down and looked in. "Don't worry, Yvette. I won't hurt you, yet. I'm going to let the next one go first." She realized what He ment. He was going to use Rich's ability to turn Rich into a creature like Him. She was going to lose Rich. She started to cry silently. She felt the box lift up as He said to the strong one. "Bulwark, take Yvette and Mr. Cale to the place where I have my sister restrained. Place him in the other chair. The others will be brought here soon."
"Ya, Heir Emplate," said the strong man. The strong man's name must be Bulwark. His name must be Emplate. At least that was their codename. She started to cry. She was scared, but did Emplate realized the truth of Rich's ability. Did he know it was distance activated?
She heard Emplate speak again. "Bulwark, make sure he is not next to Monet or Yvette. His ability is distance activated and I want to be the one his ability latches onto me when Yvette's wears out." She sunk deeper into dispair. Emplate did know about his ability. Now, he was going to kill all of them, except for Rich. Emplate had a worse fate instore for Rich.

"Ok, listen up, you three. Stay in hiding, we'll be over there in moment. I doubt Emplate can handle all of us at once." Jubilee had heard the comunicator signal. She figured Emplate got into the Biosphere, but she didn't know what had happened, but when Sean had heard, he was upset.
"What happened, Banshee?" It was only at these moments, when an attack happened, did they use codenames. In its own way, it seemed informal.
"Everybody, things just got worse." The way he said it made every look at him with worry. She was worried, too, if what she thought had happened was right. "That was Franklin. Emplate was waiting in the Biosphere. He knocked out Monet, and had Bulwark help him capture Penance and Rich. We have to be careful getting over there, because Murmur, Vincente and D.O.A. might be waiting to ambush us."
She looked at Synch with concern. She remember what Emplate did to him last time. "We better be careful. If Emplate gets ahold of you again, I ...."
Synch put a finger to her lips. She had seen it done in some films. He was trying to calm her down. "I know. But, I don't think he'll try that again. If Emplate is planning something, he is planning to limit my power."
"I don't know if that's worse or better." Her statement was cut short when a flash appeared.
"Look out." Banshee yelled just as Murmur appeared and gave Synch a flying kick. She jumped out of the way and only got the wind knocked out of her. Synch was knocked unconscious. As she started to recover, Banshee let out with one of his sonics screams. Murmur teleported out the way just as quickly as he appeared. Paige ran over to her side and started to pick her up.
"Come on, Jubilee. We got to get out of here." She looked at Skin and said, "Skin, get Synch."
"Okay, Husk." He started extending his finger and pulled Synch over to him. He took a whiff of the air and said, "Is it just me or is the air getting thick in hear." Jubilee realized what was happening. It was Vincente. He was going to try and knock them all out.
{We better get out of here, now!} It was the first and last thing Chamber said as he got knocked out by D.O.A. who jumped him from behind. That was the last thing at least she saw as Vincente knocked them all out. In her mind, she thought that Emplate had caught them too easily.

Rich woke to a sound that gave him hope. It was Yvette's psionic voice. {Rich, please be awake!} It worried him about the urgency in her voice.
He answered as calmly as he could. {Yvette, where are you?}
{Open your left eye a little, love. I hope you can figure something out, and quick.} He didn't like the sound of that. He did as she said. He was careful not to open his eye fully. He noticed a silverish box about six feet from him. From one of the holes he saw the bluish eyes that belonged to Yvette.
He was worried now. She hadn't escaped, and he saw that he was securely fastened down in a chair. He tried to move his left arm just a little bit, hopefully not enough to be noticed. He couldn't move his arm. He had been fastened down and positive he couldn't move. He then said to Yvette, {How did he catch you?}
{Remember when you tried to save me from getting knocked out by Bulwark?}
{Yes.}
{The way he hit you, it knocked your unconscious body onto me, knocking me down.}
{I take it you didn't have the time to get me out of the way and escape.}
{Yes. Then Emplate put mechanical gloves, boots and a helmet on me. I can't even cut through them. I watched as he put you in that chair. Monet is in a chair about six feet to your right. He placed a collar on her, and one on every body else when he hung them in the trees. I think he has something instore for the glowing man. He put some sort of device on him.}
{Maybe he wants to force my ability onto Everett. I think last time, Everett was sent away, entralled by Emplate, from what I was told. Everett's ability might cause him accept Emplate's personality and abilities, if I fear what is going to happen happens.} He saw a little man walk into his view. He could see the letters "D.O.A." on his hat.
"Master, I think Mr. Cale is awake." The man left his view and Rich started to worry. Emplate must have been waiting for him to awaken. He close his eyes and started to pray. He prayed that all this was a nightmare, that he would awaken in his own bed, back home.
His prayer was cut short when his head was knocked into the back of the seat. He heard a woman scream, and a raspy laugh. Then came a voice he heard before. He opened his eyes and saw Emplate standing right in front of him. "Welcome back to reality, Richard. If you're wondering, I see everything about you, including your love for Penance." Emplate walked over to his sister. He watched Emplate look at her and say, "I take it you felt that, little sister. See the collars on everybody's neck. It was built to transfer all their pains to you, so you could suffer at my hands as well.
She looked and snapped, "You have gotten worse, brother. You have become demented with that hunger."
He backhanded her and said, "At least you cannot stop me. These chairs were constructed to hold you and Penance, little sister. When I discovered Mr. Cale, I changed my mind." Rich watched as Emplate walked back over to him. "You know, Mr. Cale, when you passed me at the airport, I didn't notice you, not until you called to Banshee. I can't believe that your power could detect me. Anymore, you won't be a threat to me, as you could be. I know what you fear, and I will make that fear come true."
Rich physically shuddered at that. He did not want that. Slowly relaxed his body to the point he could speak. It was hard to do because of the situation. He finally spoke to the demon that held him prisoner. "And what do you have in store for Yvette?"
He watched as Emplate focused his yellowish eyes on him. "I want that to be a surprise, Richard." He was worried, and he noticed when he tensed up, he was not a rigid as he was before. He was losing Yvette's ability. Straight across from him, he saw Jubilee. She was the only one who was not upside-down. It was as if Emplate seemed to have something special in store for her. He gave her a look that begged for help.
Jubilee seemed to understand. She yelled, "Hey, ugly. What are you planning to do to me?"
He turned his attention to Jubilee. "Oh, I plan to take care of you, Ms. Lee. I plan to make you pay for the humiliation you put me through. I plan to sup on you until your life is almost gone. Then, I will have Everett finish you off." Rich could see Jubilee shudder from there. "Judging by the time Ms. Lee, I think I will have some help in that." Emplate turned and walked toward him. He knew that Penance's ability had left him, and Emplate was walking closer.
He heard Everett yell. "I don't think so. I not hurting anybody for you, Emplate."
Emplate turned his attention to Everett. Rich prayed that this would last a while until he could think of a way out. Emplate spoke to Everett, "See that device that I put on you. It hinders your ability just like the Psionic Dampiner hinders Jonothan's. If you try to focus on anyone but Rich when I want you to, it will give you a very painful shock. And, Monet will get that same shock." Rich noticed that a look of defeat crossed Everett's face. Everett didn't want to hurt anybody. Rich finally thought that no matter what, Monet was going to be hurt, but maybe he could find a way to protect him and save everyone else, with little or no damage to Monet. It all depened if he could tip the chair in Monet's direction.
He started to rock to the chair. He had to work fast and link into Monet's abilities before Emplate realized what was happening. He was sure it would have worked. Only if it weren't for D. O. A. Just as he had the chair beginning to tip, D.O.A. said, "Master, I think Mr. Cale is trying to avoid what you have in store for him."
Rich tried to tip the chair as quick as he could until Emplate approached. "I don't think your plan will work, Richard, but I don't think you'll argue anymore." Rich felt the pain that he knew was the struggle in him. He knew how it appeared on the outside. He physically was transforming into Emplate. His could feel the struggle for breath, but that was the last thing on his mind.
In his mind, he was fighting Emplate. Emplate's personality appeared as Emplate did, not as the images that were in Yvette's mind. Rich was fighting Emplate for full control. Emplate was more powerful and Rich couldn't force Emplate back. He still had a hope in the back of his mind. He could win, but not alone. He needed help. As he was fighting, he heard a voice [Richard, let me help you.] It was Emma Frost's voice. She was entering his mind to help him win. He felt her strengthen his personality, to fight off Emplate and keep in control. Just as he almost had the upperhand, he felt Emma's help disappear very suddenly. She must have gotten caught. He then lost to the power of Empate, but he still existed as Emplate imprisoned him in his mind. It was as if Emplate couldn't destroy him. This gave him hope for escaping, but how. He could only watch as the Emplate personality took control of his body.

Emplate was almost shocked at how Richard collapsed. It was as if he was in a seizure of sorts, but then he noticed the change in Richard's skin and hands that made him realize that Richard had grabbed his personality. Emplate looked at his servent and said with a sort of happiness, "D, bring the spare respirator. Mr. Cale will need it." Emplate laughed as he watched Richard transform into another Emplate. He then noticed that the struggle had calmed down and it appeared that Richard was regaining control. He looked around an saw Emma Frost's eyes were glowing. He yelled to all of his Hellions, "Stop her. She is ruining everything." As he spoke the command, Murmur gave her a swift kick in the midsection, causing her to lose her concentration. He took pleasure in the scream of pain that came from his sister's lips. He looked at her and said, "This is for everything, little sister."
Emplate noticed that Richard Cale had completely transformed. With Monet partially out of it, he deactivated the chairs and pulled Richard out of the chair and reactivated the chairs. Richard looked at him and said, "Master Emplate, how may I serve you." Emplate was pleased at hearing this. He was in control and part of Richard's personality made him realize that he need to stay near him.
Emplate decided to test his new servent and said, "Do you hunger, my servent?" He watched in pleasure as Richard nodded. It was somewhat reluctant, but that would be overtaken. He had managed to overcome the reluctance, but survival meant everything. He looked in Jubilee's direction. That girl had caused a great deal of problems his last time here. "As a beginning, I want you to sup just a little bit on Ms. Lee." He watched as Richard started to advance towards Jubilee.
She started to panic. He took pleasure in the fact that she was scared. Her bravado last time had tricked him. He watched as Jubilee started to plee with Richard. He listened as she said, "Rich, stop. You don't want to hurt me. You are one of the few people who tolerate me. You are my friend."
Emplate laughed as Jubilee's eyes went wide as Richard grabbed her arms and said, "The law of life states 'Survival is everything.' There is only one other law that supercedes it." Emplate could tell that Richard started to sup on Jubilee as both she and his sister screamed from the same agony. Emplate let Richard sup for a few moments and then decided that Richard had supped enough on Jubilee. Besides, he had to save some of her genetic marrow for himself, and eventually Everett.
"Richard, I think you should test that ability on Ms. Lee." Richard then stepped back and shot sparks at Jubilee. He delighted in her pain as each spark burned her. He also delighted in Monet's screams as similar burns were showing up on her. He stopped Richard and then decided it was time for the ultimate test.

Yvette had watched everything from the box she was locked in. The screams echoed through the box as Rich had injured two of her classmates. She knew that he couldn't help it, that his own mind was entraped by Emplate's, except that it took less effort for Emplate to control him. She had been in that state before, and she broke free. She had watched as Emplate had stopped Rich from using Jubilee's ability on her. She then heard Emplate say, "Richard, it is time for the ultimate test. Do you think you can pass it?"
She shuddered as she heard a raspy voice come from Rich. "Yes, Master." There was some reluctance in his voice and some sorrow over what he had done to Jubilee. Yvette had an idea of what was coming. Emplate was going to make Rich feed on her. She watched as the two approached the box. She knew it was coming, but she was not going to break as easily as she did last time. It would be hard to fight Rich, but she had to try.
She then saw daylight as Emplate opened the box. She saw Rich look into the box with Emplate. Finally Emplate said, "Sup on her. Entrall her and make her your eternal feast." She looked at Rich with loving eyes, mentally begging that he wouldn't sup on her. She was not the only one surprised at what happened next.

Rich could not believe all the pain he put both Jubilee and Monet through. He was still trying to fight Emplate, but he was weakening. He knew that Emplate was leading him to the box Yvette was in. He had a feeling what was coming, but couldn't fight it. He was too weak. As Emplate opened the box and then gave the order, he was about ready to do it. His heart stopped him, but Emplate persuasion was growing stronger. He didn't want to hurt his love, but he didn't have the strength.
"Let me help you." Rich then noticed a man of African descent coming to help him.
"Who are you?"
"My name is Marius. I was the first victim of Emplate, but I still reside in him. My guess is that you brought me into your mind when your abilities allowed you to mimick him. Maybe together we can break his control over you." Rich allowed the man to help him. He felt the man's strength merge with his own and for the time being he regained control of his body.
He looked down at Yvette and said, "It is said that survival is a powerful emotion, but there is one more powerful." He then backhanded Emplate, sending the monster flying into some of his Hellions. He picked up the deviced that Emplate had dropped, as well as Yvette and said, "That's love." He ran off into the Biosphere.
As he continued into the Biosphere, he mentally heard the voice of Marius. "Good job. I believe you'll get through this. I need you to tell my family not to give up hope." Rich wondered what that meant as the man left him. He ran until he could stop.
He put Yvette down and said, "Are you okay, love?" He hoped that she would still respond to him, although he now looked like her worse nightmare.
Her deep blue eyes looked straight at him as she said, "Now that you are coming back. Can you do something about these metal things, I can't help if I'm defenseless."

Emplate was furious. Not only had Richard regain control of his body and mind, but he took the unit that controled everything keeping Generation X at bay. From what Emplate had seen, Richard's mind worked quickly. He hoped to find him before Richard could free everybody. He knew that he had to search for Richard and Yvette. That was the only way to regain control of that mutant. He was just about to do so when he heard a click. He didn't like the sound of that. He looked over each of the captured lot. He had turned his attention quickly when he heard Jubilee say, "I guess it going to be a repeat of last time." He glanced at the chair Monet had been placed to see that his sister was free. He noticed that all of the students were wearing the collars still. Richard hadn't found that control. He must be trying to free Yvette. He would catch his sister, Richard and Yvette. The collar was the key.
He turned his attention to Jubilee and said, "Don't worry, Ms. Lee. I don't let the same thing happen twice." He turned to Vincente and said, "I think Ms. Lee is having trouble breathing. Help her out." Vincente nodded and turned into a purple mist. The mist entered Jubilee's mouth and she started to cough and gag. Emplate looked in the sky to see a form fall to the ground, not to far away from where he was standing. He decided to head that way. If she was that close, it meant that she found Richard and Yvette.

Monet had realized that she could leave the chair when she heard the click. She flew off in search of Rich. It was obvious he was in control of himself, and he had the master control for the collars that transmitted all the pain to her. As long as she had the collar on, her brother could catch her at any time. She saw Penance and Rich down below. She started fly towards them when she couldn't breathe. Vincente must be chocking someone. She fell to the ground with almost a heavy thud. She was abit sore, but not as sore as the choking made her. She then heard Rich's voice call to her. "Monet, how did you get free?" She saw him and Penance run over to her. He was carring metal gloves, boots and a helmet. It must have been the restraint that Emplate had put on her.
"The chair I was in was deactivated. You must have deactivated it with the master control. We need to get this collar off me, and everyone else."
From what she saw in Rich's eyes, he was thinking. She then listened as he said, "I think I have a way we can make Emplate's ingenuity work against him. Monet can you figure out how to get the collar on you off?" He handed her the control with the question. She looked at it and realized how simple it was for her to do that. "Yes. But why just me?" The thought had confused her.
"Do it quickly. I believe that Emplate might be approaching soon." She did as he said and removed the collar around her neck. He then said to both of them, "Yvette, take the collar and hide in the bushes over there. When Emplate gets close, put the collar around his leg. Monet, your nightmare just may help us. I going to have to act it out for a moment until he gets to close. Remember what you told me earlier." She then realized what he was going to do. He was going to use her immunity and Emplate inability to sup on her against him.
"I get it. When he sees you supping on me and not in pain, he will approach for a ring side seat. Penance puts the collar around his leg, and when he gets to close, his flaws will appear in you. You know, although, that you will be knocked out, or in a coma."
"I'm aware of that. When the collar kicks in, Emplate get the same pain. You have the master control and Generation X will be able to fight him off, for if any of us gets hurt, he gets hurt." He turned to Penance and said, "Yvette, I will probably need medical attention once I'm free. I'll need you to rush me to medical center, so you will have to soften your body so you can carry me."
"I understand, Rich," Penance replied with concern in her voice. Monet could only feel that Penance was getting the hardest job of all. Trying to help a loved one, and not being able to do much.
"Monet, tell her what to do before she leaves to take me there. Then use the device to allow Jono and Synch to use their abilities." She nodded and heard Emplate coming towards them.

Rich heard the sound of Emplate approaching. He knew that they had one shot. He said, "Get ready." He watched as Penance hid and then grabbed Monet at the arms. He looked at her and said, "I hope you are a good actress, because I hate what I'm about to do, but it is the only way out."
He noticed as she braced herself and finally said, "I'm ready." He grabbed her by the arms and started to sup on her. It was disgusting, but it was the only way for escape. She then screamed, meaning that Emplate was approaching. "Stop, you're killing me."
He listened and heard the quiet click of the collar. Yvette had gotten it on Emplate. He then said, "The master has always wanted you dead. I shall now sup on you until you die." He hoped he was convincing.
He headed the voice of Emplate say, "Well, Richard, it appears that you have returned to my control, but I better make sure that you dont escape again. Besides, I want a good view of my sister's death." He felt Emplate approach as Emplate personality returned to him. All of a sudden, a psionic explosion knocked Rich right off his feet. He was almost unconscious when he saw Emplate flying as well.
"I got you, Emplate. And now we are going to win." He said as he heard Emplate screaming in pain. He was blacking out when he heard Monet yell something to Yvette. In his lack of mind, he would have thought that an angel was carring him to Heaven. Finally, he was unconscious.

Yvette let a smile cross her face as she saw Emplate go flying in pain. Rich's plan was working. She let her body relax as she ran over to Rich. Rich's eyes were closed and she felt better knowing that Emplate influence was soon gone. She was about to pick him up when Monet called her.
"Penance, take Rich to the med unit and stabilize him. Just do this." Monet told her what to do and she understood. She was not going to lose Rich now. He meant to much to her to allow him to die. She picked Rich up and then ran off for the building where the Medical Center was. As she ran, she heard two explosions echo in the Biosphere. She had an idea of what was happening.
Yvette ran into the Med center and placed Rich on the one bed that she had been placed many times. When Emplate still had partial control of her, the battles usually put her in a coma. She always awoke here, on that bed. She set up everything as Monet said, remembering every detail. She then pulled a chair over and kept watch over the one person she truely loved. "I'm going to stay by your side, Rich, so Emplate doesn't get another chance to control you." She then waited for the fighting to stop.

Jono had realized that something had changed. He seemed to be able to use his ability again. He then noticed that most of Emplate's Hellions where in pain as well. Emplate must have gotten injured in someway that was affecting his minions. He noticed that Monet had gotten free, and Rich seemed to break free of Emplate's grip, carrying Penance with him. He then noticed that Everett's aura was glowing. Monet and Rich must have schemed a way to get them all free. He decided to take charge of the situation.He glanced up at Everett and said, {Are you gettting in synch with my ability?}
Everett spoke quietly as he responded. "Yeah. Do you think we can break all the bonds with the combined power?"
{Exactly what I was thinking. You first, then I will follow up with a second blast.} He noticed Everet nodded and a psyonic blast shook the area He followed it up with one of his own. In a matter of seconds, everyone in Generation X was standing and Emplate's Hellions were on the ground. He noticed that Monet had flown in, and that all the collars were still on everyone, except for Monet. He looked at her and asked, {What happened?}
She looked back quickly and then said, "Rich developed a plan to stop Emplate. I'm leaving all the collars on right now because Emplate has the one that I wore on."
Jono would have smiled, if he still had a mouth. Rich had managed to break free of Emplate, and then use his ability against Emplate somehow. He didn't want to ask how, but now he was concerned. He noticed that Everett ran over to Jubilee, trying to comfort her. She was wounded from what had happened to her. He wanted to check on Paige, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. It was almost a second later that Emplate appeared out of the forest.
"I am not going to lose this time. Monet, I shall be sure that everyone suffers, and you will die first." He started to advance in the direction of Monet. Jono need to recharge his abilities, but decided to try and knock Emplate down. Emplate backhanded him, and just as Jono fell, Emplate also fell. Jono could tell that Emplate was stunned.
Sean soon spoke up. "Jono, are ye alright?" No sooner had the Irishman asked the question when Bulwark punched him in the stomach. Emplate had just gotten up when he collapsed to the ground, out of breath. Jono wondered if Emplate had figured it out yet. Bulwark was about to hit Sean again when a pyrotechic attack knock the german twit off his feet. He saw Everett had gotten in sync with Jubilee's ability.
Some of Emplate's Hellions realized what had happened, as Jono noticed that they started to escape. Vincente flew off, and Murmur teleported away. D.O.A had run out of the Biosphere. Bulwark slowly got up and prepared to attack him. Jono was ready to release a psionic blast when Emplate finally spoke, "I guess I will have to retreat. Bulwark, leave." The german left the area and Emplate continued, "You have won again, because I made one mistake. I won't let it happen again." As Emplate spoke, he fade from sight.
Jono wonder in Emplate was planning something, {Do you think he's gone?}
Monet finally spoke up, "I don't think he will be returning. I think we should get Jubilee to the med unit." He had to agree. While Rich had been controlled by Emplate, he really injured her. He, Everett and Sean helped get her over to the med unit.

Sean thought it was best to have some of the student search and find the kids, as well as double check for Emplate's Hellions, just in case. With Jono and Everett, who was worried to death about Jubilee, they took Jubilee to the med center. Monet came with them, mainly because she wanted to see that Penance did everything correctly. When they arrived at the med center, Sean was surprise, not to see Rich still looking abit like Emplate, but to see Penance looking more like a woman than she ever had. Rich must have had a remarkable affect on her, to make her talk and to cause her to relax. He walked over to her, carefully, and said, "Is he alright?"
Penance turned to face them, her long red hair flowing in the movement, and said, "I think he's going to be alright. I want to stay here with him, if that's alright, sir." Sean saw the worry in her blue eyes, the worry for someone you love.
"I think that would be alright, but I think you might need to make some changes."
"I know. I was wondering if there might be a way to get these restraints off me."
"I'll have Monet and Emma help you with that, lass."
He noticed that Penance then turned her eyes to Jubilee. "Is sister Jubilee going to be Okay? I know that Rich didn't want to hurt her, but he..."
Everett spoke up. "I understand, Penance. I was in the same situation as Rich was. I think that Jubilee will understand that." Sean noticed Everett stopped when he noticed Rich's body started to convulse as if Rich was having seizure.
Sean saw the problem immediately. "Monet, help me get that respirator off him. It suffocating him." In his mind, Sean saw a vision of Blink. He remembered how she had sacrificed her life, and how he was too late to save her. He was not going to let that happen to Rich. Rich had risked his life to saved all of them, and now Sean was not going to lose this student. Monet and he managed to get the rerspirator off Rich, and he listend for Rich's breath. He was relieved when he heard Rich breathing. "He's still with us." He heard Penance sigh in relief. Apparently, she was concerned about him.
Emma walked in with a gentleman. Sean wondered who this man was, until Emma said, "Sean, this is Richard's father. He has brought some off Richard's possesions. He was wondering where Rich was."
The man looked at Rich and asked, "What happened that my son is unconscious?"
"Well, Mr. Cale,.."
"Richard. My name is Richard Cale Sr."
"Rich never said he was Jr."
"My son is a little ashamed of some of the family. For most of his life, he had no regrets. Then his life came tumbling down when we had to tell him that my brother died. He started trying to live life acording to every known belief and theory there was."
"I take it he developed a belief in luck as well."
"Yes, he believe that he always had good luck and bad luck. I think he believes that his worse luck started by my brother. I never felt like telling Rich the truth about his uncle, so I told him that he commited suicide."
"Rich's uncle didn't die at his own hand. It must have been gruesome to tell him that."
"No, my brother joined an anti-mutant force. It was just the day after my son's abilities manifested. My son always saw my brother as a second father. I guess it was our way of protecting Rich from the truth. I hope Rich will be safe here. If his life has taken a turn for the better. I see no problem with him staying here."
Sean decided to tell Rich's father about everything. "I can say this, Mr. Cale, Rich has had a very interesting first three days here. Unfortunately, today we had a mutant named Emplate attack us. He tried to use your son's ability to turn your son into a creature like him. It was your son's quick thinking that saved us."
"My son's mind was always quick. I'm still not sure how he found out about this place. But if my wife heard that, she would worry to death, and my son would not want that."
"Well, your son has done a remarkable feat." He beconed Penance to come over. "Penance, this is Rich's father."
She nodded and said, "Hello, sir."
Sean continued with his account of Rich's days here. "Rich was able to communicate with Penance. Due to that, he taught Penance to speak to us. Also, Penance and your son has fallen in love."
Rich's father looked at Penance and said, "I think my son will be fine here. I will need help getting everything in."
Sean turned to students in the room and said, "Help get Rich's stuff in. I don't think Rich will be in any shape to help with that. And Everett, we will take care of Jubilee." The kids left with Mr. Cale and Sean turned to Emma. "Emma, when Mr. Cale leaves, I want you and Monet to help Penance get those restraints off. I think she wants to look like a woman for when Rich awakes."
"I think I can help with that. I sure we can find some clothing to fit her." She turned to Penance as he placed Jubilee on the second table. As he set up the equipent to monitor and take care of her, Emma asked Penance, "Is there any color you would prefer?"
Penance smiled and said, "Rich said blue would look good on me, to match my eyes." Sean had to smile when he heard her say that. The two were in love and Penance appeared to be the best reason that Rich was staying. Monet returned a short while later and she and Emma took Penance to take care of her.

*****************************************************

Rich awoke in the med center. His mind was a mess. He remembered going unconscious. He guessed that everything worked out. He wondered if he was alone in the med unit. He moved to set up and found something right by his side. He looked to his right and found a stuffed bear. He was never fond of stuffed bears. "What the..?" he asked aloud. A familiar voiced answered his question. "I thought you might need it more than I did." Rich turned to his left and saw Jubilee sitting in the next bed.
He thought back to what Emplate had made him do. "Oh God, I'm sorry Jubilee. I didn't mean to hurt you." He started to cry over it.
"It's alright. I've had worse done to me. Sabertooth has almost killed me once. And I also don't blame you. Emplate was controlling you. You had no choice in what you did. Everett was in the same situation. I don't blame you. When Penny brought my bear, I told her to give it to you. I thought you might have needed it more than I did."
Rich calmed down as he heard Yvette's nickname. "Where is Yvette?" He started to panic, wondering if she was Okay.
"I think she said something about getting ready for when you awoke. I was partially with it when we saw her sitting by your side. You've had quite an effect on her. Also, I think she convinced your father that you were alright here."
Rich's eyes went wide. "I forgot my father was dropping off my stuff. He likes to know if my life has gotten better, since my uncle committed suicide. He and my mother are always afraid if I have made a mistake. I guess he heard that Yvette and I were in love."
Jubilee smiled and said, "I was half with it, but he seemed to agree that this was best for you. Sean told him how you were the only one able to talk to Penny. He did sound a little upset when he heard about Emplate."
Rich looked around and said, "And the building is in one piece. He's the one I got my temper from." Rich saw the look on Jubilee's face. She was shocked. He remembered telling her about his temper, and it was apparent that she didn't believe what he just said. "I take it my father was very calm."
He was startled by the fact Emma Frost answered him. "Your father was extremely calm. I think everyone will be glad to see that the two of you are feeling better. Penance has been waiting for you to wake up since the attack yesterday."
He had been out for a day. The psionic blast must have taken a toll on him. "Is Yvette here?"
"I thought you might ask that. She is waiting to come in. I send her in and go get the others." Emma Frost went to leave the room.
Rich had to say this before he forgot to say it. "Emma, thank you for the help when I needed it."
Emma turned, smiled and said, "I only wish that you had control before attacking Jubilee."
"The feeling is mutual, Emma. I regreted being forced to watch as Emplate made me hurt her." Emma left the med unit, and just a moment later, Yvette walked in. He smiled when he saw how she looked. She was wearing a blue dress that accented her beauty. Her red hair was combed back, over her shoulders. "You look lovely, Yvette."
She rushed over and hugged him. "I glad to see you feeling better." He had a brief headache when she did so. Since she was more relaxed now, her approach didn't cause an attack. "I'm so happy that you are staying here."
He had to agree with her. They both knew how each felt. "I glad that I am staying, too. Yvette, I hope nothing ever seperates us." He went to give her a kiss, and then saw Jubilee watching. He looked at Jubilee and said, "This is a private moment here." Jubilee easily got the picture and turned away form them. He then went to kiss Yvette.
As the two were kissing, Rich heard Sean say, "Well, I see you two are happy to see each other." Rich and Yvette were startled by his voice and stopped kissing.br> "I guess that sort of thing happens when people care about each other. I apologize for not informing you about my father bringing my stuff up."
"It's alright, lad. Don't worry yurself about that. Everyone right now would like to know what yur codename will be."
Rich had to think about that for a moment. "Is there a mutant named Mimic?"
"Yes, lad. He is not someone ye want to meet."
Rich thought some more on the name and finally said, "Skitz. I'll make that my nickname."
Paige said, "Is that short for Skitzophrenia?" She knew what he was saying, and Rich nodded.
Angelo said, "That's multiple personalities, isn't it."
Before Rich could answer, Monet said, "No, Skitzophrenia is something completely different." Rich smiled as Monet noticed the misconception associared with Skizophrenia.
"Right, Monet, and it fits me due to the fact that it doesn't describe my ability in the lease." Yvette had started to giggle, as well as Jubilee. Soon, the laughter was going over everybody.
Sean finally settled everyone and said, "Since we got that settled, Rich, I think you can spend the rest of the day resting. Tomorrow, you begin classes here."
"Okay, teach." Everyone left and Rich called to Monet. "Monet, can I ask you to check on something for me." As Monet walked over, he turned to Yvette and said, "I need to talk to Monet about something, about Emplate." Yvette nodded and left. Jubilee had left with others, as she appeared to not be held back by anything.
"Something bothering you, Rich."
"Monet, when I had your brother's abilities, there was, as best as I can describe, the remnents of a victim in his mind. They helped me at that critcal moment I broke free. They told me to tell their family there was still hope. His name was Marius. Did you know some by that name, a possible friend of your brothers."
Monet sat down in shock. "Rich, Marius is my brother's first name. There must still be a part of him fighting for control. We might be able to save my brother from being Emplate forever."
Rich looked at her and said, "I see. Well, now you have the message. Monet, I won't tell anyone about his name, if that's what you wish." Rich watched as he nodded slowly and left the med unit. Rich was still exausted and fell asleep until nightfall. He left the med lab and headed towards his room. He figured that he would see Yvette in classes tomorrow. His life had taken a turn for the best since he came to the school. As he walked to the guy's dorm, he saw the bearded man who told him to come here.
The man looked at him and smiled a bit. Rich heard the man speak in his mind before, but now the man was silent. Rich asked the man, "Did you want me to come here, to help Yvette?"
The man uttered a word vocally. Rich finally understood what the man had done. The man had said, "Contact." Rich had made the first contact with Yvette that got a vocal responce. He was sent here, by this man, to help them communicate with Yvette. From these events, life was getting more interesting, and would continue to do so.

The End???


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page