Penance started to shudder, {Rich, He might try to take me again. He tried it before. I hope that we can avoid Him. If He gets control of you, I couldn't do anything to fight you. I couldn't even think of hurting you.}
Rich looked in her eyes and said, {Yvette, if He does control me, try to run. Knowing that you are free might give me a chance to escape. Even the smallest hope is all that I need.} {Wouldn't it be a lost cause?}
{A famous person once said, "Lost causes are the only causes worth fighting for."} Rich stopped talking and looked at the noisemaker. He seemed to be saying something. She could only make out one word "Name". Rich nodded and said, {Sean is wondering what your name is. Should I tell him?}
She thought about it for a while. She had gotten used to everyone saying Penance or Penny. She heard the words often enough and was used to them. She got used to trusting everybody here and felt that she could let them know her name. {You can tell him, but I do like the nickname Penny.}
{Penance could be your codename.} He smiled when he said it. She felt like that she would faint. She was truely in love with him. He then started drawing some symbols in the ground. He had done that last night, when he was teaching her English. She started to recognized the symbols. The first six were her name. Some of the others formed Penny and Penance. She noticed the word 'Name' had appeared twice. The rest of the time they were together, she let Rich know what was okay to tell, and what she didn't want to tell, just yet. Some thing had to voiced. Towards the end, Rich finally said, {Shall we meet tonight, to learn more about the English language.}
{I'll be waiting.} She then decide to do something a little bit bold. She went up to Rich and kissed him. She then ran out of the building, past the man named Sean. She had notice that Sean had a look of amazement on his face.

Rich felt like he was on cloud nine. If he had a flying ability right now, he would be soaring. Rich also noticed the amazement on Sean's face. It was then when the Headmaster of the school said, "I cannae believe what I saw. Penance kissed ye. I still cannae believe that you can touch her without being shreded." Rich started to laugh at the reaction that Sean was giving. He knew that his laugh wouldn't be vocalized since he still had Yvette's ability, but he was happy, and relaxed. He started to laugh and Sean went, "You think this is funny. You're laughing at this because of me reaction."
Rich couldn't believe it. Sean had heard his laugh. Rich decided to try and speak. It was easier this time when he said, "You can hear me? Maybe I have can tell her what to do to talk."
Sean smiled. "Rich, getting Penance to tell us a little more about herself, even if it is through ye, is a remarkable feat. If ye can get her to talk, that would mean many changes for us all. We might be able to even find a way to stop Emplate."
Rich was listening to all this as he climbed into a tree. It was hard to stay still, probably because of Yvette's life in the clutches of that monster. Rich preched in the tree and said, "I know that Emplate is evil, but how bad can he make things."
Sean had a sollem look on his face. "Rich, one of the members of the X-Men is a mutant named Bishop. He comes from about 80 years in the future. We know that he came back in time to stop the traitor of the X-Men, which he believes he did to a degree. He also told Monet how hundreds of being like Emplate live and hunt mutants."
Rich thought about it for a moment. "Sean, I hope that if I get stuck in a particular mutant ability, I don't want it to be Emplate."
"Rich, lad, how long will you have Penance's ability. I want you to meet with Monet next."
"I think it will be about a while yet, Sean, but when you send Monet in, make sure she is alone. I don't think she wants anybody knowing about her secrets yet. She must reveal them to you as she wants to, not be forced into it." Sean nodded and left the Biosphere to get Monet St. Croix. Rich hopped that this might change her mind about him. She, in her nightmare, saw a side of him that he didn't think existed, but what if it did exist. May it not be true, may he not have an evil bone in his body.

Monet entered the Biosphere cautiously. Sean had told her that Rich might still have Penance's abilities. Even after the talk she had with Rich earlier, she didn't want to meet him. His ability could allow him to find out some things she didn't want know. She then realized that he could find out everything about her brother, and maybe.. no, he couldn't find out about that. She never wanted to tell anyone how she discovered her abilities, or what had happened that led to that discovery. She almost jumped when she heard movement to her left. She turned to see Rich walking out of the trees, brushing the leaves off his shirt and pants. He looked at her and said, "Hello Monet, I guess it's time to face the music. Monet, I want to let you know that what ever I find out about you, I will not tell a single soul unless you wish me to tell."
Monet felt very relieve at that. "Rich, I thank you for that. I want you to be careful, although. I have not had a happy family life."
Rich started to step toward her and said, "I can imagine. Now, Monet, what is you codename, and your abilities."
Monet turned started to levitate and said, "Well, Rich, my codename is M. My abilities are flying, super-strength, super-speed. I also have night vision" She looked over in the trees and said, "In the darkness of those trees, I can see evedence that Penance perched in the tree over there, or maybe they were places when you landed while you had..."
"Monet!!" The sound of Rich's yell had stopped her talking. She looked at Rich and noticed that he was clutching his arms. "Monet, why are my arms bleeding?"
"Mon Dieu, if I knew that this was going to happen, I wouldn't have agreed to this. This is how my ability first appeared." She grabbed him and flew him over to the control room of the Biosphere where the robots were controlled for training. She found the first-aid kit and bandaged his arms. She decided to explain to Rich how her ability first appeared, the truth of how her ability appeared, not the story she would tell the others. "Rich, my ability first appeared when I was in my early teens. My brother, Emplate, had left the house a while before, but my father always said he would return. The one time he returned, I was reading a book. He had snuck up behind me and grabbed me by arms. He had bit into my arms and started to consume my abilities. The first ability was to see mutagenic auras, to identify mutants by there auras. I used to have that ability as well as he did. I felt I could warn mutants about my brother, but I lost that ability, at least I think it's gone. It was then I discovered my immunity as a psyonic explosion knocked him away. But my arms we bleeding for a while afterwords."
"Well, my wounds will heal when your abilities leave me. I don't want this to affect any chances and a friendship."
For the first time since Rich had arrived, Monet honestly felt comfortable around him. Monet then decided, "Rich, I think I should show you about my ability." With that, she started to show Rich all the things she could do. The two of them flew, and tested all the other aspects of her ability.

When Jono had entered the Biosphere, he noticed that Monet was still there, standing about ten feet from Rich. He wondered why Monet was still here. He started to approach Rich and said, {'Ello Rich, do you mind me asking why Monet is still here?)
Rich just looked at him calmly and said, "Jono, after the incident yesterday, I thought it would be best if something, or someone kept me from flying when I get your ability. I asked Monet to catch me if I go flying again."
{I understand, I know I wounded someone the first time my ability appeared. Becareful although, you might wound Monet.}
"I don't think he will, Jono. He told me to stand behind him, and catch him if he went flying." Monet said as she moved directly behind him.
"Well, Jono, let's get this over with." He approached Jono rather quickly and stopped just as an explosion knocked Rich backwards. Monet caught him and dropped back where he was standing when the explosion started. He nodded at Monet as she left the Biosphere. He then turned to Jono and said, {Well, Jono, what codename did you set stuck with?}
Jono was abit surprised at how comfortable Rich had seemed with his ability. {Well Rich, my codename is Chamber. I guess you had an interesting first couple of days here so far.}
{Well, yes. Communicating with Penance, the party, getting to know everybody, part of me wishes it would never end. How about you first day, gov?}
Jono thought back on the day he joined Generation X. He didn't know how much Rich knew about that. {Rich, can I ask you what you can sense as traumatic in my life?}
{Let's see, your powers manifestation, the two ladies, Paige and someone else, thats what is almost predominant. After I while, I might see you first day here as well.}
{Ok, well I will tell you now. The first day I was in America, Emplate attacked me, tried to kill me, and Penance ran amok.} Rich's eyes went wide and Rich just stood in one spot. Jono thought something was wrong with him and said, {Rich, what's wrong?}
{Emplate attacked on your first day. I hope he doesn't attack until I been here for a while. Actually I hope he doesn't attack at all, ever.}
{I was able to overcome his attack, Rich, I think you could do it.}
{Jono, I would transform into him. The only way I could overcome an attack would be if I was in control of myself. It is a far cry different than him chowing down on you.}
{Maybe your right, gov, but anything can be overcome. I mean look at me. I survived what happened to me.}
{No, you haven't, Jono. You are a very angry person, because you are a mutant. You helped Penance because you saw her as a kindred spirit. A mutant who couldn't be accepted into society, no matter how hard they try.}
Jono thought that Rich knew how to point out a character. Rich was in his persona, he knew the truth. Jono then said, {Rich, you have no idea what I have gone through in my life. The one that I love does return the feelings, because I blew it. I thought she wanted a normal life.}
{Jono, there is the problem. You have this preconceived notion of normal. Normal does not exist in nature. Normal is not the course of nature, it is not the course of the universe. Time judges what happens. Let time take its course and you will be in the world that you are destine for. Apologize for the mistake and try to correct them. Now can you show me some the aspects of your ability.}
Jono had listen to Rich's view on the world and decided he would think about it. He then decided that Rich should learn all about the psionic abilities that he had.

"Like, I don't see why I should come along, Ev," Jubilee said.
Everett looked at Jubilee with caring eyes. "Jubes, Rich is going to mimic my abilities. The only way that I can show him how to use them is to have another mutant around, and I figured that your ability would be the best for him to get in synch with." He took her hand and said, "Besides, I think it might be a change of pace. He probably had a hard time mimicking Jono, and from what you told me, he seems to be the only person who wants to hear your stories."
Everett enjoied seeing Jubilee smile. "Thanks, Ev, I hope your not going to be jealous." He knew that he and Jubilee had been through alot together. They had survived the Phalanx, and she did her best to comfort him after Emplate enthralled him. He then noticed that Rich was just sitting in the field. He watch Rich in amazement as his face reformed from the flare that was Chamber's ability.
Rich looked in his direction and said, "You must be Everett Thomas. I do believe I already know the Jubilee. Why is she here?"
Everett thought that Rich was almost like him, and then he said, "Rich, are you mimicking my abilities."
Rich stood up and walked over to Everett. He looked him square in the eye and said, "Now, I have your abilities. It seemes the worse event in your life was that deal with Emplate."
He noticed Rich shuddered when he mentioned Emplate. He could understand that.
"Okay Rich, let me make this simple. My codename is Synch."
Rich looked at him and said, "Why?" Rich jumped back when Everett's technocolor aura appeared. "What the hell is that?"
"Rich, that is my aura. It gets in synch with any mutants abilities. That is why I had Jubilee come in." He turned to Jubilee and said, "Jubilee, how about you go hide somewhere. I want to show Rich some to the aspects of my ability."
"Okay. Let me guess, I'm the prey in a hunt."
Rich just looked at her and shook his head. As she ran off into the Biosphere, Everett looked at him and said, "What did you do that for?"
Rich just looked at him and said, "She was refering to a time when Sabertooth almost killed her. She is still shaky about anything like that."
"I see. Rich, does that insight into people aways happen when your ability kicks in." "Each and every time. It's lousy, but it's life."
"Alright, now Rich, I want you to focus on Jubilee's mutant ability for now, Okay." He watched as the aura appeared around Rich.
"Well, that's different," Rich exclaimed as he shot out sparks from his hand. "Is that what your codename means, Ev, this aura gets in synch with a mutant in the area."
"You have that correct. I'm just wondering what it will do if I get in synch with you?" "Maybe you might get part of my ability, maybe accepting personalities. My mimicking ability might not appear on you."
"I understand. Now, I think Jubilee has hidden herself in the biosphere. We are going to track her down. Just lanch your aura after her. It will track her down." With one thought, Everett's own aura flew. One second later, the aura around Rich flew out and Everett said, "We have to stay close to them, Rich."
"I know, your still not sure on the range." With that, the two rushed of after the auras. They stopped when they almost fell over Jubilee. Rich kneeled down to where she was hiding and said "Tag, you're it." He turned back to Everett and said, "Ev, are you confident with your ability."
Everett could hide his pride on that fact. "Rich, I have gotten used to my ability and feel confident when using it. I take it you don't feel confident with yours."
"Only when I am not in control of it. My confidence comes from who I am mimicking."
Everett was not surprised by this. What that meant was that Rich would only be as comfortable as whoever he was near. Everett decided that maybe he could help that confidence.

When the day was starting to end, Rich finally left the Biosphere. He felt a little washed out, with all the changing and abilities. Rich walked back into the main building of the school and almost knocked over Emma Frost. He looked up at her and thought about her for a moment. She supposedly owned this school ground, but it was run in the dream that Charles Xavier had, before his rage created Onslaught. He wondered if she was similar to Xavier, and why she ran the school. He sensed a bit of unrest in her, about some students of hers. Is that why she was so protective about Generation X?
"So, Richard, how was your first day here?" she asked in a calm voice. He looked at her suspiciously. He didn't really trust her, but she gave the effort to try to get on his good side.
"It has been going well, Ms. Frost. I take it there is a reason you stopped me."
"Yes, Richard, there is. I want to talk to you about condition."
"I take it your not referring to my mutant ability, but to the medical condition."
"Indeed. Richard, is there any chance that you might have a seizure at a critical time."
Rich could see what was coming. It was her concern for the kids. He looked at her and said, "Ms. Frost, I have been on medication for epilepsy since I was in my early childhood. You don't have to worry about it. I haven't had a seizure since my childhood and my sleep."
"I just hope you don't put us all in jeopardy in case someone attacks us. I honestly don't need you to go into a seizure at the worse time." There was a concern in her voice that Rich could only associate with one other thought. He easily placed it because he had seen it in one of his family.
"You don't want to lose us like you lost the others, do you Emma?" It was the first time he saw Emma Frost as a mother type figure instead of someone else entirely different. She only turned and didn't face him. It was obvious that she must have forgotten his ability. She looked upset when he finally decided to say, "I know it's not in my power to promise this, but I have a good feeling that what happened to them, won't happen to us, no matter what is thrown at us."

Emma only looked at him. It was obvoius that he must have reached her, in some way. She then spoke, "That was the first time you called me Emma. Over the time you have been here, you have been cold and formal with me. For the first time, you have reached a kindness with me. Richard, you have been a bit of a blessing to the school. I think that the student, as well as myself and Sean, will benefit from you being here."
Rich, for the first time while here at the school, felt comfortable around Emma Frost. She went back into her office and closed the door. He then continued to the foyer. He heard everybody's voices there. He walked into a very nasty agruement.
"I say that we go eat at McDonald's." There was no mistaking the hyper voice of Jubilee. She was obviously argueing with Monet.
Rich observed the situation and thought back to his years in college. He saw this at his college before the Onslaught threat. This was obvoiusly like his years in college, except everybody was younger. He walked in the room and went to say something when he saw in his periferal vision that Sean was standing at the side of the door. Rich let a small grin cross his face. Paige looked in his direction and said to the others, "Listen, there's Rich. Let's ask him. He might want to eat out as well."
Everybody turned and started yelling out suggestions. Monet mentioned the Olive Garden. Angelo and Everett mentioned Taco Bell. Mondo, obviously, didn't care where they went. Franklin and Jubilee both felt like McDonald's. Artie and Leech weren't around, but then, they stuck out like sore thumbs, due to skin color. Penance would be safest here at the school. Chamber didn't eat. Paige was suggesting Wendy's. He was almost sick of hearing everybody yelling out suggestions. He said calmly, "Enough, I made a choice." It was apparent that no one listened to him. He decided to give everybody a shock. He then yelled, "I said, enough." Jubilee had a look of shock because she realized what was happening. She jumped down and everybody got knocked down by a sonic scream.
Sean looked at him and said, "That wasn't needed, lad. I didnae even know ye had my abilities. I just wished ye didnae do that."
Rich turned to Sean, "Sorry 'bout that, sir. I just had to stop them, besides they didnae seem to listen. Are ye driving, Sean?"
"Yes, but the kids can't decided where to go. They want you to make the decision."
"Well I have. I wouldn't mind a meal at McDonald's."
Jubilee jumped up and yelled, "Yes. McDonald's. I can't wait." She ran out the door and towards Sean's jeep. Everybody started to follow, complaining about the choice and cautious about making Rich upset. Rich started heading toward the door.
Paige, who was the last person to exit waited for him. She looked at him and said, "Ah take it you have been in that situation."
He looked at her. "Paige, I was a college student before coming here. That happened alot." Rich then ran out the door for the jeep. He grabbed a seat right near Everett and in back of Monet. He then relaxed as Sean started the jeep up and drove for McDonalds.

D.O.A. stood near the limo he usually drove. The master had been abit upset about missing that mutant at the airport. What had disturbed the master most was that the mutant couldn't be seen. The master had seen Banshee leaving with a young man following him. The master spent most of the hours during the drive back to the lighthouse. The master had his Hellion's to feed him for a time, but he missed his favorite meal ticket. The fact that the master missed his favorite meal ticket had him think that eventually that he would have to drive him to the Xavier school. Any mutant he caught for the master understood what his name was.
D heard a familiar voice from a month back. He turned in the direction of the McDonald's that was near him. He saw the mutants that the master went after. He notice Monet, the master's sister. He then saw Synch, the one that the master sent away. He watched as each mutant got out of the car. He let a very nasty thought cross his mind when Jubilee left the car. The master had a score to settle with her. He then saw the young man. The young man must be the mutant that the master mentioned. How could that be? The master would have attacked in an instant. He said that the mutant seemed to pass by him. He watched as the group entered the McDonald's. He would drive back to the lighthouse and tell the master.
D.O.A. started the limo and drove back to the lighthouse. The lighthouse was not far from where the McDonald's was, and the master liked the privacy and decor of the lighthouse. He arrived at the lighthouse, and ran for the top floor of the lighthouse, passing the cell that use to hold the master's favorite meal. He entered the room at the top and exclaimed "Sir, I have good news for you."
His master turned and stared at him with yellowish-red eyes. Echoing throught the respirator he wore, he said, "This had better be important, D. I am still very upset about the mutant from yesterday. I think he is at the school, but I can't be sure what type a mutant he is. I couldn't see an aura around him!"
D let his smile get wider that it already was. "Well, he must be a student where your sister is, for I saw him with the mutants as they went to the local McDonald's. Should I round the Hellions together for an attack on the McDonald's."
He watched the master and he finally said, "D. Get the Hellions together, we will attack the school in the morning. But, first I will check things out. I need to find out about that mutant. Then I shall capture and feast on all, and eliminate my sister." D. smiled as he left the room. The master was finally in a better mood.

**********************************

When they arrived back at the school, Jubilee watched as Rich ran for the Biosphere. She noticed that everyone was also watching. Sean only said, "I'm beginning to think that Rich is the best thing that has happened to Penance."
Jubilee thought for a moment and said, "Sean, you mean to say that Rich is going to see Penny? Those two must have really hit it off." She then thought that with Rich's ability, he was the only one who could communicate with her, and from the roses yesterday, maybe there was a relationship starting between the two. She couldn't help but giggle when she thought of how they first met.
Paige overherd her giggling and said, "What so funny about that, Jubilee. Penance finally has someone she trusts enough to relax, and Rich seems to to trust her and is in love."
"I'm thinking of how those two met. Remember, back in the assembly hall."
Monet then started to giggle. She then said, "I see what you mean, Jubilee. It is almost ironic. He is more afraid to move towards Jono, and if you ask me, Jono's life is less traumatic then Penance's life has been."
"And when she first approached him, that must have scared him more than it did her. But he sees her as an object of beauty. I wonder what the future holds for those two."
Everett said, "I guess only time will answer that question. Hey, Jubilee, do you want to go for a walk."
Jubilee didn't take a moment to think about it. She knew her answer right away. She looked him straight in the eyes and said, "Alright." And with that, she went with Everett as the happiest girl in the world.
Penance watched with joy when Rich finally entered the Biosphere. She jumped down from the tree she was in as he approached her. As he morphed into her form, she ran and embraced him. {I so happy to see you, Rich.}
He smiled at her and said, {I know, Yvette, but right now I must tell you something. I think I know how we can get you to speak out loud. Can you relax a little bit, I think that also will allow your skin to become softer.}
She thought about it for a moment. In most of her life, she had been very tense and never relaxed much. She felt she could do it. She relaxed and felt her body slowly soften. It was difficult because of the restrains that He put on her. They were put on when her skin was diamond sharp, and the restraints were pulled tight around it. She finally relaxed to a point where there was little pain from the tight restraints. {Alright, now what should I do.}
Rich appeared to do the same thing and finally he spoke aloud. "You should be able to talk aloud now, Yvette. Remember most of what I taught you mentally."
Penance thought about what he said. She understood it better now. She then said slowly, "I-I-I th-th-think s-s-so." She was surprised and how quiet her voice was. She then looked at Rich as he smiled.
"You have a lovely voice, Yvette. It matches your psionic voice and your beauty. We should find a better outfit for you though. Your current outfit just doesn't seem right."
Penance could feel herself blushing, but she didn't know if Rich could tell. She wondered what he thought she looked best in and decided to ask. "R-r-rich, wh-wh-what d-d-do y-y-you th-think I-I w-would l-look g-good i-in?"
He looked at her and she then noticed he was gazing into her eyes. "I think that you would look lovely in a blue dress, blue to match your eyes." She then smiled and kissed him. She was truely in love with him. After they finished kissing, Rich then said, "I think it might be best if you learn to talk better. I think it might be a surprise to everyone if they hear you speaking out loud."
"I-I th-think y-you a-are r-right, R-Rich." She smiled and they sat down as Rich continued her lessons in English. She enjoyed how Rich pronounced his words, and she tried to copy that, right down to the way he even pronounced some of the simple words. After a couple of hours, Rich started to get up. "Is that going to be all for tonight?"
"Yes. I'm going to start to get into a new daily routine. Exercise in the morning. I have to be in shape if I want to stay ahead of Emplate. And your English and speaking has improved remarkably from yesterday. I'll see you tomorrow." He left the biosphere and she decided to find a nice spot to curl up and sleep. She felt a lot more comfortable with Rich around. She felt as if she didn't have anything to fear at all.

*****************************************************

Penance looked around the Biosphere. She felt as if something was wrong. She moved slowly and cautiously around the biosphere. She heard a snap and she turned in the direction of the sound. She saw His sister collapse onto the ground, dead. She saw everyone else lying near her, dying. Her only concern was that Rich was not dead. She started looking for Rich when she heard Jubilee speak. She watched her friend take a final breath and say, "Emplate." He was here. He killed all of them. He must have gotten Rich. She started to run, in search of Rich, and then to escape. She ran through the Biosphere, avoiding every shadow and movement she saw. She moved so quickly and fast that she ran into and knocked over Rich. Rich was injured and almost colapsed to the ground. She caught him before he hit the ground. Rich appeared bruised and beaten.
Rich spoke slowly to her, "Emplate captured all. I had someone elses ability. He killled everyone. Everett was the first to go. I don't know what he did, but somehow, he made Monet fell every blow. I escaped, but I couldn't fight. I was alone. I would latch onto to him."
She held him and said, "I'll stay with you, Rich. You won't ever have to worry about him again. I won't let him hurt you again."
She felt his hands go to her arms. "I'll never lose you again, Yvette." She felt a stabbing pain go through her arms. She knew what it was and when she looked at Rich again, he had transformed into Him.
"No," she yelled as loud as she could. He must have gotten to Rich. As she struggled in his grip, she saw in His eyes a very scary sight. In His eyes, she saw Rich's soul trying to break out. She slowly felt closer to Rich as she felt her life draining from her. She cried over the thought of dying in that monster's grip. She had closed her eyes and opened them expecting to see the evil creature finishing her off. Instead, she saw the roof of the Biosphere. It was morning about a while after sunrise.
Penance was concerned for Rich. She was afraid that He was here and that He would capture Rich. She decided to find Mr. Cassidy and find out where Rich was.

Emplate watched the grounds carefully. He stayed out of synch with reality, but not far enough to be pulled into the Beyond. He hated being in the Beyond. His body was tortured every moment by the cold hands of the dead. He felt the pull when he didn't have the energy to stay in the reality that all the other mutants lived in. The energy he got from feeding off the other mutants. When he lost Penance, he was pulled back to the Beyond on a regular basis. He was determined to get her back, as well as claiming the young morsels here as his next meal. He had a score to settle with Jubiliation Lee. She had tricked him, and in so freed them all from his grasp the last time he was at the school.
He heard a sound. He glanced in the direction of the Biosphere and saw Penance run out. He noticed something in her aura. It was concern, but for what. Did she sense his presence. The fact that she broke his will, his influence, hurt most than the lack of descent food. She had spent so much time as his victim that he was sure she knew that he was here.
His thoughts were broken when he heard a voice. He glanced down the path and saw Paige Guthrie running up the path. She must have been out jogging. How easy it would be for him to ambush her as she passed, but now was not the time to strike. He was determined to find out about the mutant that dodged him at the airport. He heard her yell behind her, "You have to move faster than that."
The young man ran into sight. It was the same one that was at the airport. He was dressed the same, and as before, no mutant aura. He wondered how the mutant could dodge his sight. The man yelled at Paige, "I'm moving as fast as I can. You must also remember my ability." He must have been a mutant, but where was the aura.
Emplate continued to listen as Paige passed him. "I know, I know. But you can move faster than that. I know, think that Emplate is behind you." He hated hearing that. He thought about jumping out and attacking then. They must have told this new mutant about him. But how did they know he was a mutant.
The young man started to pass him. He finally saw the answer. The aura around the young man suddenly appeared, but how. He saw a name to the man, Richard Cale. The ability this mutant had was in some ways like his. He then listened to Richard yelling to Paige. "That is not even funny. That was scary back at the airport. When I looked at my hand and......" He noticed that Rich did the same thing he had just said. Rich, all of a sudden, ran very fast. The mutant aura disappeared and breifly appeared as he passed Paige.
He listened as she yelled, "What's the matter, Rich" and she took off after him, trying to catch up to him. He knew what happened. He slowly made his way back to the limo that he had. The Hellions had been assembled and it was soon time to attack.
D.O.A. stepped from the car and said, "I take it we attack, sir."
If his minions could see his face, they would see the smile on his face. "Yes, D. Make sure the gear is ready. I can't chance another occurance of what happened last time. The mutant is not one I would choose to sup on. I can change him into one like me." He started to laugh and he gathered the Hellions together to catch the students off guard.
Most of the students were in the kitchen when Sean entered. He noticed that the only ones that weren't there were Monet, Jubilee, Paige, Rich, and as usual, Penance. He noticed that most of them had gotten there own breakfest. Emma was looking out the window. She had a worried look on her face. Sean walked over to her and asked, "Something wrong, Emma."
She turned from the window and said, "Something doesn't seem right this morning, Sean. I think there is something wrong. I just hope it has nothing to do with Rich's dream from two nights ago."
He was about to comfort her when Jono spoke up. He turned to see that Penance had just walked into the room. Jono was right on that it was a rare sight. Penance had rarely left the biosphere in the morning.
Sean figured that Penance must have been hungry and went to fetch her an apple. He was take by surprise when he heard a voice he did not recognize, but he came to the immediate conclusion. Penance had finally spoke. He looked at her as she repeated what she had said, "Where's Rich?" He noticed a worried look on her face.
Angelo had dropped what he had been eating and said, "Even in the hood, I have never been that surprised. I can't believe that she finally spoke." Sean had to agree with him. It even appeared that her skin appeared softer.
Sean decided to answer Penance's question. He didn't want her to get upset, and something was bothering her. "I haven't seen him, Penance. I don't know where he is. I think he must be on his way here. I'll go see if he's on his way." Penance still was worried and it was evident. He turned to go leave the door, when Rich came running in and knocked Penance over. "Well, I guess we now know where Rich is."
Sean then saw Paige walk in. "Something's wrong. Rich, all of a sudden, took off like a bat out of hell and ran for the building. He kept saying, 'You had to say that. You had to say that.' Ah think something is wrong, because Ah couldn't even keep up with him."
Sean turned to Rich who had fully mimicked Penance's ability. He appeared to be in the a very tense form as he brushed against table, and sliced the leg into pieces. "What's wrong, lad?"
Penance looked at Rich and calmly said, "Rich, what happened?" Sean watched as she gasped and said, "No, it can't be." He nodded and she started to do exactly the same Rich had done.
Sean figured that the two had a psionic connection that no one else could communicate on. They most likely spoke in her native language, one he didn't even know from his years with Interpol. He decide to speak now, in hope that Penance would answer. "Penny, what is wrong? What has you and Rich spooked." Penance started to relax again. He turned to see that Monet and Jubilee had entered.
Jubilee looked in Penance's direction and was surprised to see her standing there. "Hi, Penny. This is strange to see you here." Sean noticed that Penance had relaxed more when Jubilee spoke.
Penance finally spoke, although it was not the answer to his question. She looked at Jubilee and said, "Hello, sister." He watched a look of shock cross Monet and Jubilee's faces.
"Mon dieu, Penance has finally spoke." The shock was still on Jubilee's face, but Monet recovered quickly. "She must see Jubilee as an adopted sister."
Sean finally walked over to Jubilee and said, "Jubilee, I need ye to find out what has both Rich and Penny spooked. Yur appearance caused her to relax again. I neen ye to find out what spooked the two of them."
He watched Jubilee nod and then she walked over to Penance. She knelt down to her and said, "Penny, what's wrong? We'll protect you here. Your safe here with us. We can handle any problem."
Penance spoke very softly and then tensed up again. He didn't know what she said but Jubilee also tensed up. Jubilee got up and started back over to Monet. Sean was worried. Now he had three students tensing up. "Jubilee, what did Penny say was wrong?"
Jubilee seemed to act as if she didn't hear him. She just walked over to Monet. She seemed a bit in shock. She then said something that nobody, not even who she said it to, wanted to hear. Sean and everyone else listened as she said to Monet, "Prepare for a family reunion." Sean realized that meant only one thing. He didn't need to hear that, especially with Rich's ability. That must have been what freaked Rich out. The reason he ran so fast to get to the building, to get away from Emplate. The reason that he and Penance were tense.
"Alright, everybody, we have a major problem. Emplate is somewhere on the campus. Monet, I want you to take Penance, Rich and the wee lads to the Biosphere. It might be the safest place since the last attack. Everyone else, we have to try and locate Emplate and force him to retreat." Deep down, Sean knew that Rich wasn't ready to fight Emplate. Rich wasn't even ready to fight a mutant. Rich seemed to have a fear of losing his personality, and if Emplate's took over, they all would be in deep trouble.


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page