THE SECOND AGE OF APOCALYPSE #0 Prologue written by Brawl

Prologue The Xi'an were coming to Earth. Or more accurately, returning. All across the universe their name, whatever it was on that world, was spoken with fear and caution. Only a few select worlds had dared to oppose them, and most were humbled quickly. They were superhumans, immortals, eternal, and, among many other things, invulnerable. Or so they thought. But nothing was completely invincible. There was always greed, jealousy, and treachery. And one of those alone could strike a fatal blow to even the mightiest empires. The Xi'an came to Earth every once in a while, to make sure that humans were advancing in the proper way. If not, they would strike a glancing blow to put them back on the path that they wanted humans to travel. Sometime they even inserted individuals into humanity to advance it correctly. That is how the being Apocalypse came to exist on Earth. But before they put him on Earth they erased his memory and gave him a new one. His life, loves, and many other things, perhaps even a family somewhere, were purged from his mind making him, in their opinion, a new being. They didn't return for several hundred centuries, but when they did, the genius Sinister was created. They were the ones that created him, even though Apocalypse took the credit. They let him. At the time of Sinister's creation, civil war was starting to break out on a planet in one of the neighboring star systems that they controlled. But before they left to take care of the war, a telepath cried at them, begging to leave a warrior to battle the opposing side of a civil war on Earth. Instead they engineered two of humans into supermen, one warrior for each side. Their memories were not erased, also a mistake. The two fought for their sides, one of them won, the other lost, but no record was made of these two superhumans fighting for either side. A half a century later, they returned, for the last time in quite a while. They created the Weapon X project to erase the memories of the two warriors, who they knew would survive due to an element of their DNA that slowed the aging process. The project attracted many, but only four men walked away from the project alive, two of whom were the ones they were searching for. At the same time the project was begining, they started the creation of mutants adding key elements into the DNA of several humans. They created these beings to help them control the world, but one man, a telepath, united a group of mutants to defend other mutants and strived towards peace between humans and mutants. The Xi'an were outraged, but they could do nothing. They sent the man's son, from the future, into his past with the mission of destroying his father's arch enemy, but, due to a sudden jerk at the last second, he killed his father. Although the plan went successfully, a time traveler named Bishop fixed what they done to the time line. The time line was restored to the way it was supposed to be although with a few anomalies, naturally. Then they decided to kill the telepath themselves. But, by the time they had formulated a proper plan, the telepath had already formed the super-team that had come to be called the X-men, and the team had evolved drastically, branching into several other X-teams. The teams held the mettling time-traveler and the two warriors as well as several very powerful, and potentially dangerous, mutants, including the Summerses, Phoenix, Cable, the Gurthries, Forge, Sean Cassidy, Jubilation Lee, Everett Thomas, Jonothon Starsmore, Kurt Wagner, Bobby Drake and Ororo Munroe. It was then they knew what to do. Time travel. To send the most powerful and loyal foot soldier to kill the telepath, to kill the founder of the X-men, to kill Professor Charles Xavier. The mission was successful.


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page