Children of the Atom
Part 3

Pricilla awoke in darkness. Her head hurt, and when she reached up to touch it, her hand came away covered in blood.

The Genoshan's had locked her into this tiny choset room while they finished packing their things. She was supposedly returing with them to Genosha, and as much as the prospect scared her, the thought of seeing the leader of the asassains terrified her. From the way he was not discussed, she got the feeling that he was someone she wouldn't enjoy meeting.

Slowly she stood up, wincing when the room started spinning. Bracing her hand against the wall, she waited until the room stood still once more before searching for an escape. Not that she expected one, but overconfident people had been known to make mistakes before.....and the Genoshan's were certainly overconfident! Besides, she had a secret weapon in Emma Frost.

It was a small room that they had locked her into. There was a window high up on the wall that let in a small amount of light, though it was covered with iron bars. The door was closed and locked tight, without even a crack between the floor and the bottom of the door. The only furniture there was a small cot pushed into one corner.

Pricilla cursed with words that would have made her mother blanch. Her head hurt horribly, she was bleeding all over herself, and somewhere outside were three men who wanted to rip her heart out.

'Why? What did I do?' she thought fiercly. The light in the room had slightly started to fade as the sun moved from the eastern sky to directly overhead.........

'Ceiling..' Pricilla thought in amazement 'There's light coming in from the ceiling!'

Ignoring the pain, she flipped her head back and discovered a skylight abover her, the perfect escape route....except for the bars that covered it.

Pricilla went back to pacing the room. She knocked on the walls looking for hidden passageways, she tried to pull the bars out of the windows, but nothing she did had any effect.

Hours went by and Pricilla's headache intensified.

'Asprin!' she thought desperatly 'If I could only get some asprin!' With asprin she could bring her headache down enough to teleport herself out of there. Right now she didn't dare try it, because the unstableness of her power combined with her exhaustion might cause her to make a mistake and end up in Siberia.

At near sunset, Pricilla fell onto the cot and into a nightmare. The moonlight eventually washed over her tear streaked face and brought her to full awareness when it suddenly disappeared.

Pricilla opened her eyes and stared up at the skylight. The light disappeared again, and Pricilla hid her face in the cot.

Emma Frost stuck her head in through the skylight, and looking down on Pricilla said crossly "I wouldn't hide your face if I were you, Pricilla. You wouldn't want to miss your grand escape, now would you?"

It was the most beautiful sound Pricilla had ever heard.


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page