Slayers and Mutants and Demons
Oh My!
By Angel


Description: GenX, Gambit, and Buffy crossover. I really suck at descriptions.
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Even the computer is still being paid for.

She quickly left the magic shop and headed straight for her car. Juggling her bag and her purse in one hand she got her keys and opened the driver door and threw her stuff onto the passenger seat. Only after she got in and locked the door did she breath a sigh of relief. ‘You never had to worry about things like this before.’ She thought. ‘Before that stupid man got the better of me. Now I am like them. No more though. They stopped me before but not this time. This time I’ll have my power back and I’ll get them all.’ She laughed to herself as she pulled up to her house. Noticing the time she quickly went in and headed to her room to sleep. It was almost 11 and she needed to be up for school in the morning. Anya would only have to worry about such trivial things as school for a few days more. After that she would be back to her former self and time would no longer matter.

Xander looked up from his notebook. He was supposed to be writing a short essay on World War II but as usual, his paper was filled with half a sentence and drawings. He thanked what ever God was watching over him that the bell rang. Gathering up his books he headed to the cafeteria to meet Buffy, Willow, and Oz. He noticed all of them at their usual table. "Hey people. What’s goin’ on?"

"Not much. It’s actually pretty boring." Buffy said before taking a sip of her iced tea.

"Yeah. I keep expecting something evil to jump out and try to kill us." Willow said. Then looked over at Oz who gave her hand a squeeze.

"Come on people. Things have been quite for a week. I say lets enjoy it. This doesn’t happen often and I think that it’s good thing." Xander said grabbing a chair and sitting down.

"Yeah and when it does it usually brings along someone or something that tries to destroy the world. Call me paranoid but I am not gonna rest completely just yet." Buffy said.

Xander looked over at Willow and Oz who where whispering to each other and giggling. Frankly it made him angry and a little uneasy. Buffy, noticing Xander’s change in demeanor, decided to try and help him. "So we Bronzing tonight?"

"Love too. But we can’t. We have this…thing we have to do." Willow said blushing.

Buffy looked at her friend and smiled. She knew that it was only a few more nights till there was a full moon. And that would mean that Willow and Oz wouldn’t be able to see each other for three nights on account of Oz being a werewolf. "What about you Xan? You up for a little dancing? I promise I’ll try to stand near you while you spasm."

"Hey! Well, OK, I might have a little trouble dancing but I have yet to see deadboy even try to dance." Xander tried to defend himself but knew it was useless.

Buffy ignored the comment and gathered up her stuff. "Well I gotta go to see Giles before next period. He wanted to talk to me about last nights slayege or lack there of."

Willow kissed Oz and got up. "I have to see him too. He promised me that he would let me borrow a book on ancient Gaelic magic."

"So I’ll catch up with you later Buff?" Xander asked.

"Sure. Around 7?"

"Meet ya there." And with that the two girls left leaving Oz and Xander alone and in silence.

"I mean I am trying hard to make things right between us but I just feel that it never is going to be the same. Sure he says that things are good between us but I don’t believe it." Willow told Buffy.

Buffy listened to Willows complaining without interruption. It had been awhile since Oz and Cordelia had walked in on Willow and Xander kissing but things where still pretty tense between all of them. Oz had forgiven Willow but Cordelia not only didn’t forgive Xander but was still making him feel as worthless and pathetic as she possible could. "Listen, Will. If Oz says that things are good between you two then accept it. He is trying to move past this and so should you."

"But I can’t help it. I feel so guilty. Well, OK, it helps that I am guilty. But I feel like I have to make it up to him some how. Does that sound…" Willow trailed off and stopped in her tracks.

"Willow? What’s the matter? What is it?" Buffy followed her friend’s gaze and saw what had made Willow stop. A girl and a guy talking quietly in a corner. This in of itself wouldn’t have meant a thing had the girl not been Anya. Anya was once the demon Anyanka who granted the wish of scorned women. After granting Cordelia’s wish she lost her powers and was stuck in the body of a normal 17 year old. She also tried to retrieve her necklace witch gave her her power with Willows help. But instead of bringing her necklace back they accidentally brought an evil vampire Willow back. "You OK Will’s?"

Broken from her trance, Willow looked at Buffy as if nothing had happened. "Um, yeah. Fine. What could possible be wrong?"

"Oh I don’t know. Could it be the fact that you just saw the girl who a few short days ago brought an evil doppelganger into this world who tried to kill you? But hey. I’m just taking a wild guess here." Buffy said.

"Funny funny. You would be worried to if someone did that to you." Willow said upset.

Buffy gave Willow half a smile before the entered they pushed open the doors to the library. "Alright. No more talk about evil twins or relationships. Only happy things"

"Ah. Buffy. Willow. Good to see both of you." Giles said raising his teacup to them. "Did anything occur last night while you were on patrol Buffy?"

"Nope. It was a big bust. I haven’t even seen one vamp in four days. Are you sure that the Hellmouth didn’t decide to dry up or relocate? Because if it did I could live with that." Buffy said. She picked up one of the many books that littered Giles desk and glanced through the pages.

"Yes, well as much as we would all hope for that I highly doubt it." He then looked over at Willow who was just standing around. "Was there something that you where looking for Willow?"

Willow nodded her head before answering him. "Uh huh. You said that I could borrow the book on Celtic lore and magic. Remember?"

"A yes. I had put it out this morning. Now where did it get too?" He turned and started looking around his desk.

"Here ya go Wills." Buffy said handing the book she had picked up to her.

"Thanks." And then she started to slowly flip threw the pages. "Giles, why do these pages feel so funny?"

"Well that’s actually an interesting thing about this particular book. It was rumored to be written on the dried fat of troll." He said.

Buffy’s eyes widened. "Dried fat of a troll? Why didn’t anyone tell me what I was touching?" Willow stifled a giggle as Buffy glared at both her and Giles. Completely forgetting seeing Anya in the hallway.

He looked out the widow as the rain came down. He took a drag from his nearly non-existent cigarette and exhaled slowly. Opening up the window he threw the butt out and let the rain soak his head. "How you ever get yourself inta dis’ Remy?" He asked himself. His eyes looked up as he heard someone coming down the hallway. Before they entered he sniffed the air and when satisfied that the smell of smoke was out of the room he closed the window.

Sean Cassidy opened the door and stuck his head in. "Ah. There ya are. I’ve been lookin’ all over fer ya." He said in his thick Irish voice.

"Lucky you. You found me." Remy said before walking over and putting on his long leather duster. "I’m guessin dat you come ta take me to dem, eh?"

"Aye. I have. Don’ be so scared though Remy. There just children after all." Sean told him. They headed out the room and down the long corridor. "What harm could the do? Half these kids lookup to ya just for being an X-MAN for Christ sakes."

Remy stopped, raised an eyebrow and looked at Sean. "You’re askin me what dey could do? Aren’t you dey one dat called up one day and started sayin how dey where drivin you crazy?"

"Er…well…here we are!" Sean said before grabbing onto Remy and dragging him into one of the rooms. "Children I would like to introduce to your instructor for the next week. He has been a member of the X-MEN for several years and I expect all of you to treat him with as much respect as…" Sean stopped and looked over the students in front of him. "…On second thought. Treat him better then you treat me and Emma." Sean turned back to Remy. "Don’t worry. You’ll do fine."

"Look Sean. I know dat I promised and all but to tell ya the truth. I don even know what ya want me ta even do wit dem." Remy said nervously.

"Well I’m off." Sean said ignoring him completely. "And be good!" He called as he left. But Remy couldn’t tell if he meant it to the class or to him.

"Dieu m'aident." He muttered. He looked over the 4 children that where in the room. He only saw one face that he recognized. Jubilee. The others where complete strangers. He walked over to the desk that was in front of the class and sat down and stared out the window. He stayed like that for about 10 minutes before he was brought back to reality.

"Hey gumbo. Are ya gonna do something or are we just supposed ta look at you?" Jubilee asked in her usual so-cal way.

Remy blinked and seemed to come back focused. "Huh? All right let’s get started den. Well I guess dat it would help if I knew a little bit about all of ya. So let’s start wit you." He said pointing to a to one of the kid’s in the front row.

Everett stood up. "My name is Everett Thomas sir." He stopped. "Um, what else would you like to know?"

Remy sighed. "Let me let you in on a little secrete Everett. Don call me sir. Never liked dat. You can call me Remy and just leave da sir crap fer Scott or someone like dat, alright?" After Everett nodded his head he continued. "I meant what kind of powers do ya posses? Where ya come from? Dat kind of tings."

Everett blushed considerably but luckily his dark skin hid it. "Well like I said my name is Everett. They call me Synch because I have the ability to become in synch with the mutant ability’s of any mutants around me. I grew up in St. Louise and after everyone was kidnapped by the Phalix I came here to learn about my powers and someday become an X-MAN like you." When he was finished he abruptly sat down.

Paige, who was sitting next to him, stood up. "My name is Paige Gurther-"

"You Sam’s little sister, eh?" Remy interrupted her.

"Yes sir…I mean, Mr. LeBlue. Sam is my brother. And like him I grew up in Kentucky with my momma and my brothers. Mr. Cassidy and Ms. Frost gave me the codename Husk because of the fact that m powers make me "husk" my skin into a new type." She then sat down.

Jubilee just sat where she was. "Do I have to do this thing too? I mean it’s not like we don’t know each other or nothin."

"No Jubilee you don have ta do dis. The only reason I am ta be doin dis is cause I don know any of ya. Truth be told I don even know what I am supposed ta do with all of ya." He got up and walked around the desk and leaned on it. "An since we already went dis far we might as well finish dis up." He looked over at the kid sitting next to Jubilee. "You Angelo right? I remember Hank talkin ‘bout you."

"Si. Senior McCoy did me a big favor in talkin me inta coming here. Remind me to thank him someday, OK." Angelo said sarcastically.

Remy chuckled. "Not exactly what ya expected it ta be, huh?"

Angelo shook his head and made his skin flap out about an inch when he did. "Don’t get me wrong. It a good place and all but I have been here for a while now and I still don’t have full control over my powers."

"Well maybe if you ever paid attention when Ms. Frost tried teaching you, you would." Paige told Angelo. Angelo just muttered something under his breath. "What did you say?"

"Nothing chica. Just commenting on the usefulness of this class is all." Angelo lied.

"That is a good question. What are we supposed to learn here sir?" Everett asked Remy.

Once again stirred from his thoughts, Remy looked at the all of them. "I don’ really know." He told them truthfully. "So why don’ we all leave fer now and we can regroup later on when I found out and we can start from der. Dat good with all of you?"

Without even another word they all got up, gathered there things, and left. All but Jubilee that is. "Hey Remy? You alright? Your lookin’ kinda out of it."

He looked over at the young girl who at a time he fought beside. He had no idea as to what or how much she knew about the most recent of events he and the X-MEN had been through. "Don’ worry none p’tite. I fine. Just…tired. Plus I don’ really know what all of ya be wantin me for anyway."

"All I know is that they told us to come here. Sean kept talking to Emma about how it would be a good for both you and us. But never told us what the whole thing was for." Jubilee’s mood seemed to lighten considerably.

"Go on and get out here girl. Tell da others ta meet me around 6 in dat bioshpere, OK?" He gave her a playful shove.

Jubilee shoved him back. "Same old Remy. See ya then." And with that she was gone. After awhile Remy left to go talk to Sean. He knew one thing that he might be able to teach them.

Buffy and Xander walked in silence. They were doing a quick patrol before heading to the Bronze and both were itching for something to happen. But as the reached the exit of the last cemetery in town it became clear that it nothing was going to happen. "I can’t believe it." Buffy said suddenly.

Xander stopped and looked a her. "What can’t you believe?"

"This town is the quietist it’s been in a long time and instead of enjoying it were out here looking under every rock for something to beat up. Some evil to destroy." She exclaimed.

"I would like to go on record as pointing this out before. But does anyone listen to me? Nooo." Xander said.

They started walking again as Buffy continued. "I know. I know. But I’m serious. All I can think about is all the other times things got quiet. Something bad has happened every single time. I guess I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop."

"Listen. Let’s enjoy this while we can and if something apocalyptic happens you know that we have your back." He flashed a big smile at Buffy and she laughed. "So then. Shall we be off?" He said hooking his arm around hers.

"I say that it sounds like a good idea. Although I need to make a quick stop first though." She told him.

"Xander stopped and groaned. "Listen. How about I meet up with you at the Bronze. I mean, it’s nothing personal but I bet that Angel would like to see me as much as I would him. So you go and do whatever it is you need to do and we’ll catch up later. OK?" He asked.

"Thanks Xan. You’re the best." She said. As they headed down the two different streets Xander heard Buffy call to him. "I won’t be long!" But somehow he doubted that too.

Erik walked down the hallway of the empty school next to this girl he had only met today. She seemed nice enough. A little strange, but nice. But that’s not what really mattered. What really mattered was that she was a young vibrant and apparently easy girl. All he had to do was do some kind of witch thing. He didn’t really know what he specifically had to do but what ever it was he would find a way to do it. "So Anya, you said that this thing is to find lost items?"

"Yes. Now stop asking so many questions. Do you want to have sex or not?" She asked him.

He was a bit taken back by her forwardness but still managed an answer. "Um…yes. Ye-yes I would like that very much. Is that part of this thing? Us having sex?"

"No. But I figured it would get you to help me. I mean you’re a guy and guys think about sex. I thought that you would come if I gave you sex. Now are you going to shut up and do what I tell you to do?" She said exasperated. She then opened up the door that led to the lab. "Luckily this town is to caught up in it’s own stupidity to lock doors."

Eric watched as she unloaded her bag and began setting up. He was getting anxious waiting. It was his first time and he wanted it to last. So he started to think of anything other then what was going to happen in a few minuets.

"OK I’m ready. Just sit down across from me and I’ll walk you through this" Anya said.

"I can do that." Erik said sitting down. Fifteen minuets later, after being told exactly what to do, he was holding her hands and chanting. He wasn’t really paying any attention and he positive he screwed up on some of the words he was supposed to say. But who could tell? It was in some other language. But towards the end he started to feel funny. As if he was being drained of something. And at the very end when they both poured some kind of powder on something he felt as if his gut was on fire and his mind was being fried. That’s when his world exploded.

Anya wasn’t paying to close attention to what the boy was doing. She was to excited about being close enough to gaining her power back. A few times she thought she heard him mess up but disclosed it. Picking up the powder and reciting the last words she poured it. She felt it happening. Something was coming through. And then it was over. She quickly looked around and found…nothing. "Damn it! Why didn’t it work?" She got up looked around some more. She then noticed that Eric hadn’t said anything. Or moved for that matter. "Eric?" She went over to where he was. Still sitting Indian style on the floor with his head down. She nudged his shoulder and he fell over. His mouth was wide open with smoke coming out of it and his eyes where an oil black. "Eww!" She exclaimed. Then she realized that he was dead. "Oh my God!" She ran out of the school without looking back. But if she had she would have noticed the glowing blue circle that had appeared.

"Where is he?" Paige said exasperated. "We’ve been waiting for 20 minuets. I have a lot of important thing’s to do you know." Angelo, Paige, Everett, and Jubilee had been waiting inside the biosphere since 6 and Remy was still nowhere to be seen. The last time any of them had heard from him he had told them to wear their uniforms.

"I say we go then. We where here. It’s not like Sean and Emma are gonna get on our case if he didn’t show up. Right?" Angelo said as he began to walk towards the door. But before he could reach it an alarm went off inside the biosphere. "Que?"

Before any of them could react the door leading outside of the biosphere locked itself and the lights went out. It took them all a little while to get used to the red glow of the emergency lights. "What the hell is going on around here!" Jubilee cried.

"After talkin ta Sean I figured out why you four where chosen to take part in dis unique class." Remy said stepping out of the shadows. "Da reason dat you four are here is because both Sean and Emma tink dat you are the most likely to go on and become X-MEN. Truth be told I don’ no what those reasons be but I guess I should try and teach you all what’s it like to be X-MEN." He then crossed the distance between himself and Angelo. He just stood there staring the boy down. Then, out of nowhere, Remy struck him with a backhanded blow that sent him reeling.

"Hey! What did you do that for!?!" Jubilee cried rushing to Angelo. He wasn’t hurt just stunned.

"You people have training sessions all da time. Well consider dis a real life mission." Remy told them. "The only exit out of here is sealed up tight. The air supply that is pumped into here is going to be turned off in a few minuets leaving us with only the air this forest makes. Dat not enough by far."

"So what do we have too do? Get the key from you and unlock the door before the air turns itself back on?" Paige asked. She was a mixture of excitement and worry.

"Close but wrong. I don’ have no key. And da only way dat da air is gonna go back on is if someone goes into dat control room and turns it back on." He said flatly. All of there eyes seemed to pop out of their sockets.

"Um...excuse me. But what exactly is this supposed to accomplish, sir?" Everett’s voice was shaky as he asked the question.

"Well der isn’t all dat much of a point. If you can find a way out you live if you don’t, well, Sean is gonna be pretty pissed off." With that said he slipped back into the shadows.

Everybody just looked at each other not really knowing what to say. They sat there like that for what seemed like forever. In reality it was only two minuets. Then the air circulator turned itself off.

Paige got up and walked over to the door. Then she ripped her skin off to reveal a new metal type one underneath. "Ah’m not gonna die like this." Paige said calmly even though her southern twang came through. She then started to hit the door with all her might. Shaking the whole complex.

Angelo sat there, looking off into space. Jubilee looked back and forth between Angelo and Paige, who was now joined by Everett in their seemingly futile effort of breaking the door down. She took on last look at Angelo and went over to the door and started blasting it.

Remy watched them as they attacked the door. He knew that it would never open like that. He had a way out and he wouldn’t let them die of course but he wouldn’t let them off the hook either. When he talked to Sean and found out about the reasons for this class it only made his thoughts about what to do with them harder. He was called here to try and teach these kids what it was really like to be a real X-MAN and he was going to teach them that. He fanned out a few of his playing cards, charged them and threw them so they would just miss them but still hit them with the force of the blast. He wasn’t going to go all out on them just yet.

Everett and Jubilee went down while Paige stumbled but held her ground. As she helped the two up Remy went for her. Extending his bio-staff to its full length he lunched him self into a flying kick that, even in her metallic form, sent her sprawling.

"Skin! Snap out of it! NOW!" Everett called to him using his codename. They where in combat mode now and they all took it seriously.

Remy did a backwards flip as Skin extended his hands to grab him. Remy had to think now. Even though he had more experience and was a better fighter by far there where still four of them. He flicked a card at a branch above Skin sending it crashing down on the him. Remy turned an ran farther into the man-made rain forest. He took a quick look behind him and saw that The others where helping Skin get out from under the tree branch’s. There was one other thing working too there advantage besides the fact that they outnumbered him. They also knew the turf. He turned sharply as he came up on a large tree and hide behind it. He wiped sweat from his forehead. It wasn’t from the heat though. Despite the temperature in the biosphere and his jacket he was still cool. No, the reason he was sweating probable had to do with the fact that he didn’t know how much longer he could keep this up before he really hurt one of them. He had cleared this with Sean and Emma before starting of course. Surprisingly Emma put up more of a fight then Sean. But still, he did not want to wind up killing one of them. Hearing their footsteps he quietly made his way to the shadows and waited.

"Which way did he go?" Everett asked to no one. After they had gotten Skin out from under the branch they had lost sight of Remy.

"Don’t worry Synch. Gambit couldn’t have gotten far. Besides we know this area better then he does. Even if he scoped the place out before hand he still couldn’t know every part of it." Jubilee said.

"He doesn’t have to know every part Jubilee. Just enough to hide from us. If we where hiding from him we would have the upper hand but where not." Paige pointed out.

"He dropped a tree on me! He dropped a fuckin’ tree on me!" Skin cried out. He had not stopped since they had gotten him out from underneath it.

"It was a branch Skin." Everett said.

"A very big branch! First he hits me for no reason then he drops a branch on me. What’s up with this guy?" Skin went on.

"Ce qui la baise?" Came a voice from behind a tree. They all stopped and saw as Gambit backed up with cards flaring in his hands but not aimed at them. Instead it was aimed at something where he had been hiding.

Instantly forgetting that they where supposed to be fighting him they came up beside him to see what he was backing away from. Approximately 6 feet in front of them there was a large glowing blue circle about 7 feet in diameter. "Whoa." Was all Jubilee said.

"What is it?" Paige asked.

"Well, it would appear to be a large glowing blue circle chica." Skin said.

"Shut up." Gambit told them. He put his cards away and slowly walked closer towards the circle.

"I think we should leave. Ya know. Go get Sean and everyone else." Husk said.

Suddenly Synch thought of something. "How much air is left in here? I mean before we all pass out and die."

Gambit studied the circle. It was almost as if he could make out something inside of it. Suddenly he turned towards all of them. "Take dis." He handed a small key to Synch. "Der be a small vent on da other side of da biosphere. You can get out from der. I want you to get Sean and Emma and tell em what happened." He then turned and walked towards the circle.

"And where are you gonna go?" Jubilee asked.

"Inside." Was all Gambit said. Then he took a few steps towards the circle and was about to head into it before a tendril of skin rapped around his waist.

"Oh no you don’t." Angelo told him.

Gambit eyed the young man. He didn’t care what happened to him anymore. And right now he didn’t care what happened to anybody else. "You wanna come along wit me? Fine by me." He grabbed the cable like skin and yanked it bringing Angelo towards him. Then walked straight into the blue circle.

Angelo started screaming in Spanish as both Jubilee and Paige jumped and grabbed on to any loose skin the could hold. Then all three where sucked into the anomaly. Everett stood their mouth open and wide-eyed for a good five minuets. Then he brought himself back and ran to the other end of the biosphere. He had to get to Sean and tell him what happened. If only he could stop the room from spinning. He fell down right before he reached the vent and didn’t get back up. Ten minuets latter the soft whoosh of the air circulators started and the doors open as Sean ran in and picked up Everett. Rushing him to the infirmary hoping that he could bring life back to him. He didn’t even want to think about where Angelo, Paige, Jubilee, and Remy where right now.

The four didn’t walk out of the blue portal as they expected but flew out. Crashing into desks and chairs no one moved for a few minutes. Finally Paige got up. "Is everyone all right?"

"Oh yeah chica. Where doing just fine. Getting sucked into a portal and being spit out God only knows where is my idea of a good time." Angelo said while trying to pull himself up. Only to find that his skin was caught underneath Jubilee. "Hey Jubes. You mind moving? Jubes? Shit. Get your asses over here now hombres. She’s not moving." Angelo moved Jubilee onto her side. Moved her hair out of her face and saw a large bump over her eye.

Remy pushed himself up and went over too where Jubilee was. He crouched down and checked her pulse. "She alive. Just unconscious."

"Oh my God!" Paige cried out.

"What is?" Remy and Angelo asked before placing Jubilee down and rushing over to Paige. Then they saw it, or rather, him. The young boy was on his back. His eyes where missing and his face was contorted in one of pain.

Remy stepped back. "Ce qui?"

"I say we get out of here. NOW!" Paige said. Without another word Remy picked up Jubilee and he rushed out of the room followed close by Angelo and Paige. The walked down the hallway carefully but quickly. Pausing only at a pair of double doors, which led outside.

"Paige. Why don ya change inta sometin a little less inconspicuous." Remy told her.

Paige looked at Remy in confusion until she looked down to see that she was still had metal for skin. "Oh. Hadn’t even noticed." Concentrating, she ripped off her skin and thanked God that this time she had clothe on. "So what are we supposed to do now?"

"We find out where we are and get the hell back home." Angelo said. They walked outside and looked around. "It’s defiantly warmer then Massachusetts."

Remy looked down at Jubilee who still laid unconscious in his arms. "Let’s head over to those tables. Well set Jubilee down over der and try ta figure out what ta do." After putting her down they all sat down themselves. Each with there own thoughts and fears that they dare not speak out loud, save one.

"OK. I have to ask. Just what the hell where you doing walking into that thing?" Angelo asked Remy, his anger rising.

Remy just got up, ignoring the question. He took out a cigarette, light it, and took a long drag exhaling slowly. Looking off he tried to make some sense of where they where. He definitely smelled the ocean in the air but that didn’t tell him much. It was warm here like Angelo said so that ruled out being anywhere on the Northeastern side of the continent. But that only counted if they where still in North America.

"Ange! Calm down now. He didn’t do this on purpose." Paige hissed.

"Forget that!" Angelo jumped up and stormed over too Remy, who still had his back to them. "What ever happens to her is your fault!" He screamed pointing from Remy to Jubilee.

Grabbing Angelo’s arm Paige tried to hold him back. "Sit down Ange. We’ll figure something out. Jubilees going to be fine. Now calm down."

"No I will not calm down! This is supposed to be one of the famous X-MEN? My ass! You don’t think anyone but yourself, do ya? Where God only knows where and. It’s. All. Your. Fault." The two stared at each other not moving a muscle. Angelo looked about ready to slug Remy until they heard a groan coming from Jubilee. Everyone rushed back over to her.

"I promise I’ll do better coach. Just give me on more chance." Jubilee said both groggily and delusional.

"Anyone understand a word she just said?" Paige asked.

"Skin, help me get her up." Remy asked. The two immediately forgot their fight and helped Jubilee too her feet.

"Ugh. What happened? I feel like I’ve been chewed up and spit out." Jubilee said trying to make sense of everything. "Can I sit down?"

"Sure ting petite. Paige, go sit her down and make sure dat nothing really wrong wit her. Skin come wit me." They handed Jubilee over to Paige and watched as they made there way to the table. Remy started walking at a fast pace in the opposite direction of where the girls where.

Angelo looked around as they walked. Noticing how quite it was. Not just nighttime quite either. He started to get nervous. "Hey, amigo? Where we going?"

"Getting out of here. That’s where were going." Remy answered. They came upon a near empty parking lot. Its sole occupant was

"You’ve got to be kidding me?" Angelo commented as they came up on the car.

Remy took a small leather pouch from his jacket and removed his lock picking tools. "You got a problem with stealing a car den you can walk." He told him as he started to work the lock.

"It’s not the stealing I got a problem with. It’s the car part. I mean have you even looked at it? Couldn’t we get something with a little more style?" He stole a quick look behind his shoulder and saw Paige and Jubilee talking. The car starting up got his attention. "That was fast."

"Practice. You gonna get in?" Remy opened the passenger side for Angelo. He had to admit to himself that he liked the kid. Remy was a lot like him at that age. Which meant that both of them might be in for some trouble. They drove up as close as they could to the girls and Remy risked honking the horn. Both girls jumped up and ran over to the car and got in the back.

"Nice wheels, gumbo. I think I’m gonna need a shot of penicillin after this ride." Jubilee said sarcastically.

"How’s the head Jubilcita?" Angelo asked, twisting his sking so he could get a better look at her.

"EEW! I asked you, like, a hundred times not to do that?" Jubilee screamed then hit Angelo in the arm.

"I guess not dat bad, eh mon ami?" Remy glanced at Angelo and smirked. He looked back at the road and tried finding something that would give him some kind of idea as to where they where. He could hear the kids arguing back and forth. He turned left for no reason other then he felt like it.

He started to notice how no one was out. Not even one person. He glanced down at the dashboard and saw that the clock said that it was only 9:30. Now matter where you lived there would always be something going on at 9:30. Kids hanging out. People jogging. Something. But here there was no one to be found. The kids had quitted down now and where all looking around as well.

"Hey. Turn on the radio will ya? All this quite is seriously getting to me." Jubilee asked. Angelo started playing with the dials on the dashboard trying to find a station. Stopping when Jubilee told him too rather then fight with her.

"So what are we going to do now Mr. LeBlue? We could call the school." Paige suggested.

"First ting we gotta do is find out where we are. Den we can get some idea as to how to get back." Remy told them all.

"What about that portal thingy. I mean what was it?" Jubilee asked.

"I don know chere." Remy caught the sight of a few warehouses. "First ting though would be to hideout for the night. Figure it out in dey morning." He pulled the car up behind on of them and got out but let the engine run.

Angelo helped Jubilee out of the car even though she insisted that she didn’t need it. "Ya think anyone’s in there?" Jubilee asked.

"Middle of the night? I don’t think so chica." Angelo replied.

"Still, let’s all be quite till we make sure." Remy glanced around quickly just to make sure no one was around. "I’m gonna get inside and get the door open. Stay low and when da door opens up you get in fast. Ya hear me?" He didn’t wait for a response. Instead he quickly and silently made his way to the far wall. He glanced around the side of the building and then disappeared into the behind it.

After waiting for several minuets Jubilee got impatient. "That’s it. I’m getting in there. Now." She walked over to the door, crouched down, and studied the lock carefully.

"You think you can get this door open? Your loco chica. Now get over here before someone sees you." Angelo said, waving her back towards the car.

"I got a way in even if I can’t pick locks." Placing her hands parallel to the doorknob she let loose a small barrage of "fireworks" which melted the doorknob and the lock. She pushed the door open and stepped in cautiously. Paige and Angelo ran inside right after her. "See?"

Isn’t Remy going to be mad that you blasted the door open?" Paige asked looking around. Her eyes fixed on a corner of the room. She thought she saw something but couldn’t make it out. "Jubilee, give me some light over here."

"What’s the matter? What do ya see?" Jubilee asked while firing off some plasmoids. "Whoa." With the room light up they got a good look at the place. In the corner where Paige was looking there where a pile of blankets. But while she was expecting old-beat-up blankets, these looked new. "Man. Ya think someone’s livin’ here?"

Suddenly the lights went on and all three looked around. Ready to fight. "If so den dey gonna be back. We might wanta find a place ta hide out in here. Never know what kinda folks we might run into if we stay out in da open." Remy said as he came down a flight of stairs. "Didn’ I tell da three you ta stay till I got ya?" Everyone just looked at the floor in guilt. "Ah well. Come on up here. I found someting."

He led them up about three flights of stairs before he opened a large door. The room was packed with crates of all sizes. Most where closed but a few where opened. Inside the crates was clothing of all kinds jeans, shorts, T-shirts, and long sleeve shirts. I want you guys ta pick out sometings and put dem on. No sense in drawin’ attention to us while we out der. I’ll be back in a little while. Dis time, stay put." Remy turned and walked out the door.

He left the building as silently as he went in. Even though they haven’t seen anyone didn’t mean that there wasn’t anyone around. He got in the car and drove off. He needed two things before he could sleep. One was too find out where they where. And the other was a stiff drink. He choose a direction and started driving. He passed by what looked like a nightclub. He thought about going in but decided on not too. With the stolen car and not knowing where he was there was no telling who might recognize it. So instead he drove on.

After a half hour of driving around he determined that he was in a place called Sunnydale, which was located on the Southern California. ‘How da hell did we end up in California?’ He thought. Realizing that he had no way of getting in touch with anyone from the X-MEN or Sean and Emma right now he decided to head back to the kids and wait till morning to get them back home. He thought about it and realized he could wait for his drink till later. Right now he needed to be clear headed and get back to the kids. Turning around he headed back in the direction of the warehouse where he had left them. Hopefully things would look better in the morning.


tigrrwildcat@hotmail.com
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page