THE UN-STORY written by Amphitrite



After a quick glance at Kat, I knocked on the huge door in front of me. It opened to reveal Emma, who let us in. "Hello, girls. How're you both doing?"

I shrugged. "School's school." Jubilee grinned, swinging around the corner.

"Amen to that...c'mon to the rec room. We're in the middle of a Monty Python marathon." Kat laughed, and we followed Jube's lead through the hallway. Our greetings were 'ssh'ed, having walked in during the last sketch of the Flying Circus video. Managing to find ourselves a space of unoccupied floor that had most likely been vacated by Paige, in favor of using Jono as a pillow, we waited. As the vido ended, even Monet was laughing.

"Hey guys! 'S been awhile..school's had the two of us pretty busy."

"De nada, chicas. No big deal...thought you were giving up on us, though."

I laughed, flinging a couch cushon at Angelo's head. "Fat chance of that ever happening."

"We're not through with you yet." Kat chimed in, mischievous smirk spreading across her face.

"Then to what do we owe the honor of your visit?" Monet asked, ducking the cushion as it sailed back across the room.

"Uhg...what little combined conscience that we had was pestering us. We've never gotten around to writing a disclaimer, and my lit teacher had an hour long lecture on plagiarism last Thursday. I griped to Kit-kat here about it, and we decided we'd better write one. Why someone'd wanna sue two highschoolers, I'll never know, but better safe 'n sorry." Rolling my eyes, I reached across the table to snag a handful of Skittles from a bowl. "These things safe to eat? Or are they archaic?"

~Nah...that's the remainder of a fresh bag of multi-colored-sugar pellets. So do we get any say in yer disclaimer?~ I shrugged and Kat, the wonder that she is, came to my rescue.

"Actually...we were thinking that maybe you'd like to help us out with it. We're stumped."

"Do we hafta say that we're Marvel property? Ah really think that's a bit overdone."

"But we are marvel property!" Synch groaned, flicking the latest issue of Generation X off the table and onto the floor.

"Yeah...we're like, marvelous." Jubilee giggled. Penance began enthusiastically shredding the comic cover in an attempt to get a bit of sugar bomb treat off of her finger.

"And we all know that you chicas aren't getting paid for this. Despite all the fun we're having and as nice as it is not to have to deal with hama-induced mental trauma." Muttered curses followed Angelo's comment, comic now reduced to paper mache. Penance looked quite smug.

"You two aren't gonna spring a bunch of invading rich kids on us, are yah?" Jubilee asked, wrinkling her nose. "I mean, look what they dregged up for Cornball....you call that a boyfriend? How patronizing can he be?"

"Ah'll give you that one, but at least my clothes have improved a bit...'bout time I got some new ones." Husk picked up a crumpled picture of Tristan-the-evil from the floor, complete with grafitti devil horns, and waved it in front of Jonos face. He winced.

~Speak fer yourself, gel. How I'm supposed to stand having a turtleneck yanked up to my nose, I'll never know...what happened to my jacket? I miss my jacket. And how threatening can a turtleneck be? I look like a bleedin' ad fer Abercrombie an' Fitch!~ A collective shudder rippled through the entire group. The clip-out of the slimeball-boyfriend was tossed back to the floor, and Penny scurried away in mock-terror.

"At least your new tacky red uniform doesn't come complete with green bug-goggles!" I patted Ev sympathetically on the back. "What are they supposed to be for, anyways? Everything just looks hazy and green, and its not like I’m gonna go swimming."

"You guy's know we'd never do that stuff to you."

"Yeah," Kat piped up, "We have souls."

Penance laughed, quiet as always but quite capable of talking, despite the misled concepts of ignorant writers. Just because one chooses not to speak doesn’t mean one can't. "I'll get Artie and Leech, then can we start the next video?" The brightly colored rugrats had gone for more junkfood when the last movie ended.

"Sure Penny...just be careful not to tear up any of the rugs. Frosty already had one hissy fit today."

~You gels gonna stay? It's The Search For The Holy Grail...~

"Alright....just as long as M doesn't start talking along with the video this time. At least wait till the 'She turned me into a newt' scene."

M sighed dramatically. "If I must." Artie and Leech bounded in, toting a big bag of popcorn apiece, and silence descended, as all attention snapped towards the teenage-classic movie. Is there any better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?


clm@nbnet.nb.ca
Back to the Main Page
Back to FanFiction Page